Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (682880 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ColdHunter(f): 8:34am On Dec 09, 2023
Can someone please explain this In-state and Out-of-state tuition thing. As an international student if I get admission to say University of Virginia and decide to live in Virginia, do I qualify for in-state tuition?

I ask because I noticed that the focus is on "State of Residence " and not origin.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 10:51am On Dec 09, 2023
ColdHunter:
Can someone please explain this In-state and Out-of-state tuition thing. As an international student if I get admission to say University of Virginia and decide to live in Virginia, do I qualify for in-state tuition?

I ask because I noticed that the focus is on "State of Residence " and not origin.

Hey 🀠

You have to be a prior (Permanent) resident in any state in the USA to qualify for in-state tuition OR you were a permanent resident in one state and transferred your studentship to another state ..then you can qualify for the in-state tuition of that state .

IN SUMMARY.... In - state tuition is liken to NIGERIA STATE OF ORIGIN ...ie a Sokoto indigen applying to Uthman Dan Fodio University will pay lesser school fees than a student coming from Lagos.

Back to USA... A Nigerian does not have to be born in America to qualify for in-state tuition but he or she must have graduated from a US HIGH SCHOOL and lived in that state after graduation for like 1 to 2 years .

In -state tuition is a subsidized tuition ...you pay lesser fees than others . Out -of -state is a normal school fees for ALL AMERICANS who comes from different states .

International student like you without any form of scholarship might even pay more school fees than Out-of -state students . Therefore, IN AND OUT-OF STATE TUITION DOES NOT CONCERN AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT .

Therefore, focus on every information directed
to international Student Applicants..

Best Wishes πŸ™

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ColdHunter(f): 11:36am On Dec 09, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🀠

You have to be a prior (Permanent) resident in any state in the USA to qualify for in-state tuition OR you were a permanent resident in one state and transferred your studentship to another state ..then you can qualify for the in-state tuition of that state .

IN SUMMARY.... In - state tuition is liken to NIGERIA STATE OF ORIGIN ...ie a Sokoto indigen applying to Uthman Dan Fodio University will pay lesser school fees than a student coming from Lagos.

Back to USA... A Nigerian does not have to be born in America to qualify for in-state tuition but he or she must have graduated from a US HIGH SCHOOL and lived in that state after graduation for like 1 to 2 years .

In -state tuition is a subsidized tuition ...you pay lesser fees than others . Out -of -state is a normal school fees for ALL AMERICANS who comes from different states .

International student like you without any form of scholarship might even pay more school fees than Out-of -state students . Therefore, IN AND OUT-OF STATE TUITION DOES NOT CONCERN AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT .

Therefore, focus on every information directed
to international Student Applicants..

Best Wishes πŸ™

I'm grateful

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chimax1(m): 1:40pm On Dec 09, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🀠

I want to think that the payer bought a US drawn check or coupon worth of $350 and send it via ORDINARY MAIL (USPS) to SEVIS office . He should have even used EXPRESS DELIVERY .

In the future , try to persuade the payer to use WESTERN UNION ONLY because western union payment is almost instantaneous .

Your SEVIS payment coupon should deliver next week Tuesday (just guessing ) and it can even take SEVIS another 2 to 3 days to input your payment in their record .

Call or email SEVIS by next week Thursday , they will tell you if your record has been filed . Did the payer not snap anything like payment slip or the coupon to you before he or she dispatch it ?

Best wishes πŸ™

Yes. I have pictures of the coupon and also able to track the package. Since last week it’s not been delivered. My main issue now is how to proceed to get a date for spring giving that I don’t have the sevis yet and I need to apply for an EA asap.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 1:52pm On Dec 09, 2023
chimax1:

Yes. I have pictures of the coupon and also able to track the package. Since last week it’s not been delivered. My main issue now is how to proceed to get a date for spring giving that I don’t have the sevis yet and I need to apply for an EA asap.

Hey 🀠

The tracking (that) you are tracking cannot give you movement tracking like those of DHL or FEDEX because the sender send it ordinarily. If he or she even sent it as priority , I doubt if you will be able to track its movement like those of courier services . The tracking number is just for you to tender in the case of the lost of the parcel but be assure that it is moving .

You may gamble this logic and see if it's going to work .... Email the picture coupon to SEVIS and see if they can work on it before the arrival of the original ...if they do then you can quickly go online and print your payment confirmation.

Otherwise, you do not have a choice than to WAIT 😌

Best Wishes πŸ™

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by cleancars247: 2:17pm On Dec 09, 2023
Hello all,

Please I mistakenly clicked on the reschedule button for an interview coming up on the 21st of this month. I later received an email that the request had been approved but when I logged on till this minute the date was still as scheduled. Do I need to be worried?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 4:02pm On Dec 09, 2023
cleancars247:
Hello all,

Please I mistakenly clicked on the reschedule button for an interview coming up on the 21st of this month. I later received an email that the request had been approved but when I logged on till this minute the date was still as scheduled. Do I need to be worried?

Hey 🀠

You cannot rechedule by mistake because rescheduling takes 3 STEPS TO BE COMPLETED but i don't want to argue that ....you probably toyed with your CGI and " gbam !! the embassy changed it for you πŸ˜„

Just kidding anyways . If you clicked reschedule , it takes you to available dates ...you clicked on one of the available dates in blue draft-like spaces and the next thing to do is to click SCHEDULE....

I want to think that the above scenario happened before the embassy sent a confirmation email to you ....IF YES ..that's a fait accompli (it cannot be reversed).

NOW ..Login to your CGI and click on your appointment , after clicking , any date that comes up is your current date recognised by the embassy .

OR ...THE EMBASSY IS JUST REPLYING TO YOUR FORMER REQUEST TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT . Disregard the email if your current date favors you .

Best Wishes πŸ™

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yehm: 7:36pm On Dec 09, 2023
Usainterviews:
Part 7

Please I am so sorry to ask again,I hope it’s real and it doesn’t require ielts? I am about to watch the video.
This one is interesting. grin

1. No Application fee.

2. You Get unlimited scholarship from Clarkson University and Northwestern Oklahoma State University.

Watch video to learn how to apply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7gnUBDsJ7E?si=hScWGIMl23yL0UtB
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yehm: 8:07pm On Dec 09, 2023
[quote author=Yehm post=127401477][/quote]
What about if the ielts score is 6.0 total band score
because what’s is required is 6.5 for Clarkson ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 2:19pm On Dec 10, 2023
BigIyanga:

But the question is relevant because he would want his wife to pursue PhD in the US??
But he asked is there is anyone here in the UK who is processing such

If he needs that then the UK threads would be a better place to find that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jovieeee(f): 4:05pm On Dec 10, 2023
Hello everyone, please I urgently need help there. I got my 1-20 last week and my school is resuming in second week of January 2024.
Please I want advise on how to go through the application process,payment of the visa fee and SEVIS.
I will appreciate joining a WhatsApp group to network with other applicants.
Thank you so much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bammydele1(m): 4:17pm On Dec 10, 2023
If you need pay SEVIS fee urgently and you don't have any one abroad, you can use the pay4me app and use the express option.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 6:36pm On Dec 10, 2023
Jovieeee:
Hello everyone, please I urgently need help there. I got my 1-20 last week and my school is resuming in second week of January 2024.
Please I want advise on how to go through the application process,payment of the visa fee and SEVIS.
I will appreciate joining a WhatsApp group to network with other applicants.
Thank you so much

Hey 🀠

Congrats on the arrival of your Form I 20 , it's worth celebration but you have to face the 2nd phase with CARE .

Cool down and follow the following guidelines..Do not let anyone or your friends rush you into HASTY DECISIONS.

1) . Go and pay your MRV (visa fee) at any GTBank right away .

2). Go and pay your SEVIS fee . The best way to pay is via WESTERN UNION from the USA or Cotonou (Republic of Benin) ...Talk to your friends or families who are in the US to pay it on your behalf or find someone to go to Cotonou for you .

3). Those 2 places are the best places to pay SEVIS fee . Any other avenue can cost you more money and you have to be VERY CAREFUL because of SCAMMERS.

4). Open a CGI profile if you are a first timer .

5). The payment of your MRV as well as your SEVIS fee will stand as the ladder which you will climb to book your visa interview appointment as well as your emergency appointment. GO AND WORK ON BOTH PAYMENT and get back to us .

Best Wishes πŸ™

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ghideourn(m): 9:18pm On Dec 10, 2023
I am super happy, this group helped me to achieve success in my B1/B2 Via application.

MAKE THIS A THREAD ? cool

I applied for the visa in March 2021, and my interview was set for March of 2022. Few days to my interview date i got an email that my interview has been brought forward. This meant that i had to pick another date for interview.

The reason why my interview was brought forward was because of the Ukraine/Russian Conflict and they were only catering to medical, emergency or student Visa submissions. On opening the interview date portal, the next date was November 22nd and i picked it.

I had 2 whole years to prepare for this interview, and during this time i would speak with my friends and people generally to try and know their experience at the intervew centres,and also read peoples experiences from Nairaland as well. I was very much prepared and had the conviction that i will emerge successful.

I arrived in Abuja few days to my interview, printed all my documents, and here are the few important things i did :

- Updated my appointment confirmation form as i had previously renewed my passport so for my new passport number to reflect on my form
- Took US specified passport photographs and stapled to my DS-160 confirmation form
- The documents i printed out where specified to the storyline in my application. I am a buisness owner who is self sponsoring my trip and does not know anyone in the US and in that regards, this are the list of documents i printed.
- Introduction Letter as CEO of my company
- Company bank statement
- Flight/hotel reservation
- Appointment Confirmation
- Proof of Visa payment
- Confirmation of Application

To be continued ....

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jovieeee(f): 9:49pm On Dec 10, 2023
Thank you for your response. I will proceed with the necessary payments.

NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🀠

Congrats on the arrival of your Form I 20 , it's worth celebration but you have to face the 2nd phase with CARE .

Cool down and follow the following guidelines..Do not let anyone or your friends rush you into HASTY DECISIONS.

1) . Go and pay your MRV (visa fee) at any GTBank right away .

2). Go and pay your SEVIS fee . The best way to pay is via WESTERN UNION from the USA or Cotonou (Republic of Benin) ...Talk to your friends or families who are in the US to pay it on your behalf or find someone to go to Cotonou for you .

3). Those 2 places are the best places to pay SEVIS fee . Any other avenue can cost you more money and you have to be VERY CAREFUL because of SCAMMERS.

4). Open a CGI profile if you are a first timer .

5). The payment of your MRV as well as your SEVIS fee will stand as the ladder which you will climb to book your visa interview appointment as well as your emergency appointment. GO AND WORK ON BOTH PAYMENT and get back to us .

Best Wishes πŸ™

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nairala11: 10:03pm On Dec 10, 2023
Please can you help me know more about Canada travel and answer my question here

https://nairamake.com/forums/topic/id-like-to-find-out-how-to-travel-to-canada-t1

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ebdumi: 10:08pm On Dec 10, 2023
Good evening house, please must it be pay slip ? Can’t I use statement of account to show I have been working?

And how many months pay slip or statement of account is required.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 4:30am On Dec 11, 2023
Nairala11:
Please can you help me know more about Canada travel and answer my question here

https://nairamake.com/forums/topic/id-like-to-find-out-how-to-travel-to-canada-t1

Hey 🀠

Kindly go to Canada travel section . You will see many sub-sections ie Canada Study , Canada visit visa, Giving birth in Canada and Canada Permanent Residency Permit . They will give you appropriate answers .

Meanwhile be very very careful and align yourself only to genuine counselors .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 4:39am On Dec 11, 2023
Ebdumi:
Good evening house, please must it be pay slip ? Can’t I use statement of account to show I have been working?

And how many months pay slip or statement of account is required.

Hey 🀠

If you are referring to F1 visa then the best form of evidence of funds are ;

1. Bank statement (of the sponsor OR of yourself if self sponsored).

2. Scholarship Award letter (ie from government, church , mosque, humanitarian org , etc).

There are others but the two (2) mentioned above are the most expected by the embassy. You can use any one out of the 2 (6 Months Bank statement) .

PS: Evidence to show you have being working are ; 1. Employment offer letter. 2 Valid id card you have being using . 3 Payment Slip. 4. Away for study permission letter from your employer etc.

Best Wishes πŸ™

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Opemz: 4:43am On Dec 11, 2023
Hello House,

Please help me out. I need advice for my sister

Can a Ph.D Student in the USA come back to Nigeria to renew his visa via face to face interview and apply together with the family.

The family has been denied two times for F2 and the Ph.D student visa(2years visa) will be expiring in the next few months

Please guys I need your advice
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 4:51am On Dec 11, 2023
Ghideourn:
I am super happy, this group helped me to achieve success in my B1/B2 Via application.

I applied for the visa in March 2021, and my interview was set for March of 2022. Few days to my interview date i got an email that my interview has been brought forward. This meant that i had to pick another date for interview.

The reason why my interview was brought forward was because of the Ukraine/Russian Conflict and they were only catering to medical, emergency or student Visa submissions. On opening the interview date portal, the next date was November 22nd and i picked it.

I had 2 whole years to prepare for this interview, and during this time i would speak with my friends and people generally to try and know their experience at the intervew centres,and also read peoples experiences from Nairaland as well. I was very much prepared and had the conviction that i will emerge successful.

I arrived in Abuja few days to my interview, printed all my documents, and here are the few important things i did :

- Updated my appointment confirmation form as i had previously renewed my passport so for my new passport number to reflect on my form
- Took US specified passport photographs and stapled to my DS-160 confirmation form
- The documents i printed out where specified to the storyline in my application. I am a buisness owner who is self sponsoring my trip and does not know anyone in the US and in that regards, this are the list of documents i printed.
- Company bank statement
- Proof of Visa payment

To be continued ....

Hey 🀠

Congratulations . But those documents you listed are not useful in the process of a study visa . I understand your happiness but it can confuse people .

Go to B1/B2 visiting section and continue giving your thanks . This is a student visa thread .

Congrats once again.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 5:13am On Dec 11, 2023
Opemz:
Hello House,

Can a Ph.D Student in the USA come back to Nigeria to renew his visa via face to face interview and apply together with the family.

The family has been denied two times for F2 and the Ph.D student visa(2years visa) will be expiring in the next few months

Hey 🀠

1. No ! The PhD student has automatically qualified for drop box , that means he or she will not do any physical interview.

2. For her family. The US embassy are VERY SMART 😊 ... Any family member who does not qualify for drop box will have to appear at the embassy physically for their F2 visa application. That is , none of her family is qualify because they were not issued F2 visa before .

3. Your sister has to be very very careful and try to look out the reasons for the family F2 TWICE DENIALS . Are they unmarried family member ? Will they be a burden to her study ? Etc.

4. USA embassy or USA government does not treat International students like those of UK where you are automatically entitled to take your nuclear family along for study . Their understanding is that YOUR SISTER want to relocate permanently to the USA with her family BUT IS THIS THE RIGHT TIME ?

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 7:13am On Dec 11, 2023
Opemz:
Hello House,

And most importantly, a PhD student does not have the financial capability to take care of 1 or 2 dependents. His stipend/salary can only tske cake of his needs.. so if F2 dependents are applying without proof of financs, VOs are going to reject their application because they’re going to a burden on American tax payers.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tinafusty: 8:57am On Dec 11, 2023
Goodday everyone, pls can someone connect me to someone that is studying in the USA with nddc scholarship? I need to some assistance concerning my own interview because i am also a beneficiary of the scholarship
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 11:05am On Dec 11, 2023
Tinafusty:
Goodday everyone, pls can someone connect me to someone that is studying in the USA with nddc scholarship? I need to some assistance concerning my own interview because i am also a beneficiary of the scholarship

Hey 🀠

But your F1 visa was approved last year ..June 2022 to attend Idaho State University on fully funded PhD in pharmaceutical sciences ?

You also wrote in your post that the VO said to you before approving your visa that ; Oh ! I can see you also have a fully funded PhD at Southern Illinois University ?

That means you are currently studying in the USA as a fully funded PhD student in 2 Universities 😊

1. How come you are asking about the NDDC scholarship here in 2023 ... Are you coming back to Nigeria for the interview ?

2. Are you an indigene of Niger Delta ? Even if yes ...NDDC scholarship does not include pharmaceutical sciences as one of their sponsored courses of study on undergraduate levels.

3. IF YOUR QUESTIONS IS GENUINE..then you don't need anyone in the USA to teach you possible questions and answers... GO AS A BONAFIDE NIGER DELTA INDIGENE and speak naturally. The questions they asked Sunday Edosio will be different to the one they will ask Ejomafuvwe.

4. FINALLY ... For you as a PhD applicant to be crown with a Doctorate of philosophy (PhD) ..you will sit down in front of many professors who will bombard you with academic questions that is 100 times harder than the questions they will ask you at NDDC. Therefore, go and speak for yourself.

Best Wishes πŸ™

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jovieeee(f): 11:18am On Dec 11, 2023
Jovieeee:
Thank you for your response. I will proceed with the necessary payments.

Hello , thanks for your advice yesterday , I have made the necessary payments . Please what is the next step.
Or if you don’t mind me having a private chat with you.
Thanks

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 11:31am On Dec 11, 2023
[quote author=Jovieeee post=127425394][/quote]

Hey 🀠

All glory to God. Check my signature @ Gmail or leave your email will reach out to you .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tinafusty: 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🀠

But your F1 visa was approved last year ..June 2022 to attend Idaho State University on fully funded PhD in pharmaceutical sciences ?

You also wrote in your post that the VO said to you before approving your visa that ; Oh ! I can see you also have a fully funded PhD at Southern Illinois University ?

That means you are currently studying in the USA as a fully funded PhD student in 2 Universities 😊

1. How come you are asking about the NDDC scholarship here in 2023 ... Are you coming back to Nigeria for the interview ?

2. Are you an indigene of Niger Delta ? Even if yes ...NDDC scholarship does not include pharmaceutical sciences as one of their sponsored courses of study on undergraduate levels.

3. IF YOUR QUESTIONS IS GENUINE..then you don't need anyone in the USA to teach you possible questions and answers... GO AS A BONAFIDE NIGER DELTA INDIGENE and speak naturally. The questions they asked Sunday Edosio will be different to the one they will ask Ejomafuvwe.

4. FINALLY ... For you as a PhD applicant to be crown with a Doctorate of philosophy (PhD) ..you will sit down in front of many professors who will bombard you with academic questions that is 100 times harder than the questions they will ask you at NDDC. Therefore, go and speak for yourself.

Best Wishes πŸ™

I was denied visa last year twice, maybe the transcript you read was for someone else, the first time it was my sister in the USA that was sponsoring me, and the second it was my husband but now I got the nddc scholarship
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tinafusty: 12:53pm On Dec 11, 2023
Tinafusty:

I was denied visa last year twice, maybe the transcript you read was for someone else, the first time it was my sister in the USA that was sponsoring me, and the second it was my husband but now I got the nddc scholarship
The scholarship is for master's program
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by pufframmy: 12:54pm On Dec 11, 2023
oya we awating for the rest

Ghideourn:

- Company bank statement
- Proof of Visa payment

To be continued ....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 1:22pm On Dec 11, 2023
Tinafusty:

Hey 🀠

No problem madam.

1. NDDC panel will verify your origin...you may need certificate of origin for that.

2. The panel will verify your Form I 20

3. They will also verify your Bsc degree (I don't know if NYSC is important) .

4. They will confirm your family house in Niger Delta

5. Since you are qualified already , you don't have to be afraid . You don't use verbal or witty prowess to gain NDDC scholarship like in a debate ... but you gain it via indigenization and set out academic standards even if your grammar is poor .

Best Wishes πŸ™

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ebdumi: 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🀠

If you are referring to F1 visa then the best form of evidence of funds are ;

1. Bank statement (of the sponsor OR of yourself if self sponsored).

2. Scholarship Award letter (ie from government, church , mosque, humanitarian org , etc).

There are others but the two (2) mentioned above are the most expected by the embassy. You can use any one out of the 2 (6 Months Bank statement) .

PS: Evidence to show you have being working are ; 1. Employment offer letter. 2 Valid id card you have being using . 3 Payment Slip. 4. Away for study permission letter from your employer etc.

Best Wishes πŸ™

Ok like you said , evidence of employment payslips.
Can I use statement of account to proof that I have been working, since I have no payslip.

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (532) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: Instructor001(m), Greatkenny2 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.