Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (684721 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (533) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Fall2021: 7:07pm On Dec 13, 2023
Nashvin:
Visa approved.

1st attempt: Denied in Lagos, Masterโ€™s in Health Services Research..., University of Minnesota, partial funding/GTA 9k, COA: 46K.

2nd attempt:
Program: Masterโ€™s in Applied Economics.
School: Illinois State University.
COA: $38k.
Graduate assistantship: $22k.
Deficit: $16k.

First, I want to thank the Almighty God for everything he has done. Special shout out to amazing personalities on this journey, @Fall2021 for helping me go through the DS160 form and for the encouragement on every step despite her tight schedule and @Abacinoo007. God bless you guys real good. They are testament that you cant go wrong with God on your side and having guides like them from my school application to visa approval has been nothing short of grace. Abeg, follow who know road.

And to everyone who has posted transcripts in the past to encourage people going through hard times due to delay(s). Thank you and God bless you all for guiding us with your testimonies.

The VO had denied about 4 persons before me. Heart pounding, confusion almost setting in cos some of those guys had funding with solid sponsors based on the audible conversation with the VO. I just started praying in Tongues. You know the drill for those who have been to the embassy before.

VO: Good morning.
Me: Good morning.
VO: Please pass me your documents.
Me: Here is it, please.
VO: what course are you going to study?
Me: I am going to study for a postgraduate degree in Applied Economics at Illinois State University
VO: Oh great (Looking at my DS160 form), what did you study for your first degree?
Me: Economics.
VO: what year did you finish?
Me: 2011.
VO: Why this course?
Me: The Applied Economics program differs from the traditional Economics which is focused on theory but rather focuses on data analysis, data interpretation, and data optimization which aligns with what I currently do and provides the opportunity for career advancement in attaining a Senior Research Management Position. If you look through my details, you will see that my career growth has been somewhat stagnant hence the need for this course.
VO: where do you work?
Me: I currently work as * * Associate with **** organization on a U.S.-funded project where I handle research and data analysis.
VO: Are you married?
Me: Yes.
VO: You have a child?
Me: Yes, please.
VO: I see you have a total cost of 38k, how do you intend to pay?
Me: Yeah, thank you. Aside from the full tuition waiver and GRA, I will be covering the deficit from my savings and funds in my wifeโ€™s account. We have an inherited hotel business, and she also works as a Lead on a U.S.-funded project.
VO: what will you be doing after your study?
Me: I will be returning to seek a Senior Research Management position in my line of work.
VO: Okay. Your application looks good. I will be approving your visa. He then issued me a white paper.
I did not hear anything else.

WHO DID IT? JESUS! Oh my God, Wow!
Please keep faith.

Congratulations dear. So happy for you !!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 7:25pm On Dec 13, 2023
mayford:

Thanks for asking.

MBA

Unfortunately, the GA positions are quite competitive and had been filled by the time I received acceptance letter (according to Int'l Admissions Coordinator). I applied late that's why but met every other deadline.

Hey ๐Ÿค 

I don't usually respond to F1 transcripts because there are many FAKE TRANSCRIPTS ON NAIRALAND FOR ADVERTISEMENT PURPOSES ...

But i am responding to yours because.. 1. You are genuine . 2. No one has given you a near match advice . 3. I don't want you to repeat same error ..

1. Don't apply for MBA again . MBA, Mass Communication , any program that end with studies ie.... International Studies etc are counted in the USA as ; Personally Beneficial programs . There re lot of explanation on this but there is no space ....apply for MBA again if your employer is sending you over for it .

2. Are you sure you did not over-stay your B1/B2 visa when you and your department visited America the last time ? The CO (consular officer ) was supposed to ask you ...HAVE YOU TRAVELED OUT OF NIGERIA B4 ? But instead , she asked you .. EVER TRAVELED TO ANY OTHER COUNTRY ?

3. I don't know your age ranges but why is your elder sister sponsoring you for an MBA ? Was she the one who has been responsible for your academic upkeep right from the onset ? Why not MSc instead of MBA ? MBA are even for professional people (COs thinking ).

4. At the end of your transcripts , you were giving advice that future applicants should get fundings , tuition waivers etc ..who told you that ? Was it written in the Blue paper ?

NOTE ;

People may argue this , but the CO (Consular Officer) respects F1 applicants who got no fundings but whose parents or company or families have more than enough money to cater for all their academic expenses.

Those who got 100% fundings in a program that won't be beneficial to AMERICA (because they knows you may not come back again) have had their F1 visa applications rejected ๐Ÿ˜Š

The COs also see those students who are agitating for application fee waivers , tuition scholarships or loan as FINANCIALLY UNCAPABLE S who may jetisson their studies while in America . Therefore, visa issuance is not based on what amount of fundings you have aquired.

The CO (Consular Officers) most times communicate with your Host-Institutions without your knowledge via your Form I 20 and from there , they decide your financial and academic backgrounds.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Naijalarry: 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey ๐Ÿค 

I don't usually respond to F1 transcripts because there are many FAKE TRANSCRIPTS ON NAIRALAND FOR ADVERTISEMENT PURPOSES ...

But i am responding to yours because.. 1. You are genuine . 2. No one has given you a near match advice . 3. I don't want you to repeat same error ..

1. Don't apply for MBA again . MBA, Mass Communication , any program that end with studies ie.... International Studies etc are counted in the USA as ; Personally Beneficial programs . There re lot of explanation on this but there is no space ....apply for MBA again if your employer is sending you over for it .

2. Are you sure you did not over-stay your B1/B2 visa when you and your department visited America the last time ? The CO (consular officer ) was supposed to ask you ...HAVE YOU TRAVELED OUT OF NIGERIA B4 ? But instead , she asked you .. EVER TRAVELED TO ANY OTHER COUNTRY ?

3. I don't know your age ranges but why is your elder sister sponsoring you for an MBA ? Was she the one who has been responsible for your academic upkeep right from the onset ? Why not MSc instead of MBA ? MBA are even for professional people (COs thinking ).

4. At the end of your transcripts , you were giving advice that future applicants should get fundings , tuition waivers etc ..who told you that ? Was it written in the Blue paper ?

NOTE ;

People may argue this , but the CO (Consular Officer) respects F1 applicants who got no fundings but whose parents or company or families have more than enough money to cater for all their academic expenses.

Those who got 100% fundings in a program that won't be beneficial to AMERICA (because they knows you may not come back again) have had their F1 visa applications rejected ๐Ÿ˜Š

The COs also see those students who are agitating for application fee waivers , tuition scholarships or loan as FINANCIALLY UNCAPABLE S who may jetisson their studies while in America . Therefore, visa issuance is not based on what amount of fundings you have aquired.

The CO (Consular Officers) most times communicate with your Host-Institutions without your knowledge via your Form I 20 and from there , they decide your financial and academic backgrounds.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

This your advise is totally misleading. How can you say that those pursuing MBA and Communication Studies will have hard time getting a visa?

You can't be giving this kind of advise in 2023.

And also, you can't be talking against having funding, except you don't want Nairalanders to be getting visa to study in America.

This your advise no jig at all, desist from giving them.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Naijalarry: 9:35pm On Dec 13, 2023
Nashvin:
Visa approved.

1st attempt: Denied in Lagos, Masterโ€™s in Health Services Research..., University of Minnesota, partial funding/GTA 9k, COA: 46K.

2nd attempt:
Program: Masterโ€™s in Applied Economics.
School: Illinois State University.
COA: $38k.
Graduate assistantship: $22k.
Deficit: $16k.

First, I want to thank the Almighty God for everything he has done. Special shout out to amazing personalities on this journey, @Fall2021 for helping me go through the DS160 form and for the encouragement on every step despite her tight schedule and @Abacinoo007. God bless you guys real good. They are testament that you cant go wrong with God on your side and having guides like them from my school application to visa approval has been nothing short of grace. Abeg, follow who know road.

And to everyone who has posted transcripts in the past to encourage people going through hard times due to delay(s). Thank you and God bless you all for guiding us with your testimonies.

The VO had denied about 4 persons before me. Heart pounding, confusion almost setting in cos some of those guys had funding with solid sponsors based on the audible conversation with the VO. I just started praying in Tongues. You know the drill for those who have been to the embassy before.

VO: Good morning.
Me: Good morning.
VO: Please pass me your documents.
Me: Here is it, please.
VO: what course are you going to study?
Me: I am going to study for a postgraduate degree in Applied Economics at Illinois State University
VO: Oh great (Looking at my DS160 form), what did you study for your first degree?
Me: Economics.
VO: what year did you finish?
Me: 2011.
VO: Why this course?
Me: The Applied Economics program differs from the traditional Economics which is focused on theory but rather focuses on data analysis, data interpretation, and data optimization which aligns with what I currently do and provides the opportunity for career advancement in attaining a Senior Research Management Position. If you look through my details, you will see that my career growth has been somewhat stagnant hence the need for this course.
VO: where do you work?
Me: I currently work as * * Associate with **** organization on a U.S.-funded project where I handle research and data analysis.
VO: Are you married?
Me: Yes.
VO: You have a child?
Me: Yes, please.
VO: I see you have a total cost of 38k, how do you intend to pay?
Me: Yeah, thank you. Aside from the full tuition waiver and GRA, I will be covering the deficit from my savings and funds in my wifeโ€™s account. We have an inherited hotel business, and she also works as a Lead on a U.S.-funded project.
VO: what will you be doing after your study?
Me: I will be returning to seek a Senior Research Management position in my line of work.
VO: Okay. Your application looks good. I will be approving your visa. He then issued me a white paper.
I did not hear anything else.

WHO DID IT? JESUS! Oh my God, Wow!
Please keep faith.

Congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 12:29am On Dec 14, 2023
Naijalarry:

This your advise is totally misleading. How can you say that those pursuing MBA and Communication Studies will have hard time getting a visa?

You can't be giving this kind of advise in 2023.

And also, you can't be talking against having funding, except you don't want Nairalanders to be getting visa to study in America.

This your advise no jig at all, desist from giving them.

Hey ๐Ÿค 

I knew some attackers like you will only twist my post in other for it to look bad in the eyes of the readers . And your phrase or sentences above is the only thing you could summarised out of my piece ?

Alright , my post is misleading ..But your own advice below is not misleading or advertising to someone (@mayford) whose F1 visa was just denied ?

HERE IS YOUR REPLY TO @ MAYFORD ;

Okay, great. You should probably apply for fall 2024 admissions. You can reach out to me via email for MBA free application waiver codes to different schools if you're interested.

There's still enough time to get GA funding for next year.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Naijalarry: 2:21am On Dec 14, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey ๐Ÿค 

I knew some attackers like you will only twist my post in other for it to look bad in the eyes of the readers . And your phrase or sentences above is the only thing you could summarised out of my piece ?

Alright , my post is misleading ..But your own advice below is not misleading or advertising to someone (@mayford) whose F1 visa was just denied ?

HERE IS YOUR REPLY TO @ MAYFORD ;

Okay, great. You should probably apply for fall 2024 admissions. You can reach out to me via email for MBA free application waiver codes to different schools if you're interested.

There's still enough time to get GA funding for next year.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

Your post is misleading and even you knows it. You can't be telling people not to get funding for their education.

Everyone knows that having a full funding in the form of GA is the easiest way to obtaining a US visa.

Most VO won't even demand for a bank statement if your i20 has no deficit.

This is 2023 for crying out loud.

You can't be going around misleading Nairalanders.

If you can't be giving good advises here, find something else doing.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sharon8: 4:16am On Dec 14, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey ๐Ÿค 

NOTE ;

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

What statistics is the bolded conclusion based on? For your information, no school in the US would offer a program that is not beneficial to the community and the country as a whole.

Every program is of equal importance. It all depends on the ability of the individual to carve out his/her niche in their respective fields.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Blegolicious: 4:47am On Dec 14, 2023
Hello, please I need the experienced advise.

My husband and kids were denied F2 visa last month. I think main reason was the income he filled in DS-160 was low. We intend applying later next year.
My question is can he change the income amount when filling the next DS-160 for new application?
Thanks in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 6:11am On Dec 14, 2023
Sharon8:

What statistics is the bolded conclusion based on? For your information, no school in the US would offer a program that is not beneficial to the community and the country as a whole.

Every program is of equal importance. It all depends on the ability of the individual to carve out his/her niche in their respective fields.

Hey ๐Ÿค 

The bolded conclusion is based on high percentage. For example , every VOs in all countries of the world gives out visas to those going for genuine intentions ...YET THEY SEE EVERYBODY AS AN INTENDED IMMIGRANT. This is the reason the US still roll out Visa Lottery . America is very large , they still need people from all over the world because COMING TOGETHER IS THEIR FOUNDATION.

The kind of people America is looking for
=========================

1. A Ghanaian student going for PhD in History or Geography with 100% scholarship at Howard University..will have his or her visa rejected if he or she doesn't convince the CO (consular officer) beyond reasonable doubts to return and be useful for Ghana.

2. A Nigerian student with outstanding MSc degree going for PhD in Stem Cell , Molecular biology, Mathematics, etc at Oral Roberts University with no funding Will have his or her visa approved if he or she wow the CO as an outstanding scholar.

3. YOU KNOW WHAT ?

America has more that 3000 higher institutions and the CO (consular officer) sees Every PhD student as a POTENTIAL LECTURER or RESEARCHER , therefore they give the BEST BRAINS THEIR VISA because if the best brain decide to stay back in America then America is gaining the more .

4. The best brain from Nigeria high school that apply for Bsc in Computer Science , Physics, Biology, Mathematics, Medicine, etc will be given visa WITH OR WITH NO FUNDINGS (when i say best brain i mean outstanding students ).

A CO (consular officer ) was clapping for a young Nigerian girl back in the year 2014. The young girl got 9 As (A1 outstandings) in her WAEC subjects (science student) and the consular took time to verified her outstanding achievement.

5. Everything is not funding , funding , scholarships, scholarships . I NEVER SAID DON'T LOOK FOR SCHOLARSHIP Or Funds but ...issuing of your F1 visa is not based on scholarships or fundings.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™ .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Naijalarry: 6:33am On Dec 14, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey ๐Ÿค 

The bolded conclusion is based on high percentage. For example , every VOs in all countries of the world gives out visas to those going for genuine intentions ...YET THEY SEE EVERYBODY AS AN INTENDED IMMIGRANT. This is the reason the US still roll out Visa Lottery . America is very large , they still need people from all over the world because COMING TOGETHER IS THEIR FOUNDATION.

The kind of people America is looking for
=========================

1. A Ghanaian student going for PhD in History or Geography with 100% scholarship at Howard University..will have his or her visa rejected if he or she doesn't convince the CO (consular officer) beyond reasonable doubts to return and be useful for Ghana.

2. A Nigerian student with outstanding MSc degree going for PhD in Stem Cell , Molecular biology, Mathematics, etc at Oral Roberts University with no funding Will have his or her visa approved if he or she wow the CO as an outstanding scholar.

3. YOU KNOW WHAT ?

America has more that 3000 higher institutions and the CO (consular officer) sees Every PhD student as a POTENTIAL LECTURER or RESEARCHER , therefore they give the BEST BRAINS THEIR VISA because if the best brain decide to stay back in America then America is gaining the more .

4. The best brain from Nigeria high school that apply for Bsc in Computer Science , Physics, Biology, Mathematics, Medicine, etc will be given visa WITH OR WITH NO FUNDINGS (when i say best brain i mean outstanding students ).

A CO (consular officer ) was clapping for a young Nigerian girl back in the year 2014. The young girl got 9 As (A1 outstandings) in her WAEC subjects (science student) and the consular took time to verified her outstanding achievement.

5. Everything is not funding , funding , scholarships, scholarships . I NEVER SAID DON'T LOOK FOR SCHOLARSHIP Or Funds but ...issuing of your F1 visa is not based on scholarships or fundings.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™ .

You don't know what you're saying. The world doesn't start and end in STEM courses.

The education people are pursuing abroad is first to educate and help them before helping the country hosting them.

If you're tired of Nairaland, you can scramble your password or better still deactivate your account and find something else doing.

You can't be here misleading thousands of readers.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 6:59am On Dec 14, 2023
Naijalarry:

You don't know what you're saying. The world doesn't start and end in STEM courses.

The education people are pursuing abroad is first to educate and help them before helping the country hosting them.

If you're tired of Nairaland, you can scramble your password or better still deactivate your account and find something else doing.

You can't be here misleading thousands of readers.

Hey ๐Ÿค 

Why is it that most of you conspirators usually point to just 1 thing out of hundreds.

1. It's only the STEM that annoys you of all the write-up ? ๐Ÿ˜Š Okay i will remove the STEM .

2. Your click are the ones misleading people indirectly by dolling out unreasonable transcripts ( where a consular officer says 'wow so you re going for this course , ok that's good" to an MSc applicant who has finished secondary school for the past 15 years ๐Ÿ˜„ She did not ask the gap years ...Before we open and closed eyes ..some will jump out and be typing CONGRATULATIONS .

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 7:30am On Dec 14, 2023
Blegolicious:
Hello, please I need the experienced advise.

My husband and kids were denied F2 visa last month. I think main reason was the income he filled in DS-160 was low. We intend applying later next year.
My question is can he change the income amount when filling the next DS-160 for new application?
Thanks in advance

Hey ๐Ÿค 

Don't use Self-medication. The Blue paper given to them at the embassy did not state any reason for their F2 refusals, therefore, DON'T THINK the income they filled in the DS 160 was low .

Otherwise THINK LIKE THIS ....

1. When did you start your F1 program ? Is it MSc or PhD ? Don't you think it's too soon for them to join you ?

2. Your kids are perhaps still in school , and you still intend to reapply next month when school resumes ...The CO (consular Officer) saw them as intending emigrants.

3. Of the best categories of F1 students who have the highest chances of bringing F2 along to the US are PhD students with full or very good fundings. Do you fall into this category ?

4. If i know your studentship type , ie Bsc, MSc or PhD or others as well as your current year level , and the main questions the VO asked, then i may give further advice.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NUELUSA2023: 10:06am On Dec 14, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey ๐Ÿค 

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ARE YOU IN THE USA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 10:37am On Dec 14, 2023
NUELUSA2023:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ARE YOU IN THE USA?

Hey ๐Ÿค 

@ NUELUSA2023. Must you be in the USA before you can give a genuine and accurate information ? I want to challenge you here and tell me ..YES all genuine contributors on Nairaland are currently or based in the United States ??

BELOW IS YOUR REPLY TO @ Ginikanwamic5 in January 26th of this year ..

========

Ginikanwamic5:

Hello
Am new here and am interested for fall 2023 PhD. What should I do in other to increase my chances of getting admission and funding
Please how do we connect?

@ NUELUSA2023 : Send a PM or check your email and you'd see a message from me, reply the message.

ARE You part of the senate of the University that you wanted to help @Ginikanwamic5 with for a PhD application ? Are you an employer of that University ?

The late professor Saburi Biobaku , as well as other notable historians and geographers did not touch all the countries of the planet but they could tell the president of most countries the accurate history and political past of their lands.

I am a history and geography student my dear . Though i have been to few places but i still don't have to be there to give a better accounts.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by turbz: 11:49am On Dec 14, 2023
Hello everyone I was previously denied f1 visa on the 13 of September 2023 and I was issued form 214b. I paid a new mrv, fill a new ds160 form and reapply on the 1st of November and ever since I have not been able to schedule appointment as i keep getting "There are currently no appointments available". please house what do I need to do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yeancah30(f): 12:54pm On Dec 14, 2023
Hello houz,I did WES evaluation when I applied to a school last year(agent stuff).Now I want to apply to another school,(am doing it myself).
How can I contact WES to forward my transcript to the school??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Naijalarry: 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2023
Yeancah30:
Hello houz,I did WES evaluation when I applied to a school last year(agent stuff).Now I want to apply to another school,(am doing it myself).
How can I contact WES to forward my transcript to the school??

Do you still have your WES reference number?

Is it WES Canada or WES USA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yeancah30(f): 2:41pm On Dec 14, 2023
Wes USA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yeancah30(f): 2:52pm On Dec 14, 2023
[WES USA
I have the reference USA
quote author=Naijalarry post=127480436]

Is it WES Canada or WES USA?[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2023
Yeancah30:
Wes USA

Hey ๐Ÿค 

Either WES USA OR WES CANADA, Your WES ECA (Evaluation for Immigration) is valid for 5 years from the date of issue ... And you can continue to send it to schools withing the 5 years period .

Ask the agent who did it for you to give you your login account on WES.ORG...you will navigate to completed once you have logged in , and then select duplicate standard .

Demand your WES login from your agent .

PS: Since it's WES USA you do not have to worry about WES transformation...just demand your WES login.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Blegolicious: 6:11pm On Dec 14, 2023
Thanks for your reply,

It's a fully funded PhD. My program started in August 2023.
My i20 showed 9500 deficit for dependent and 1500 deficit for me. Total is 11k deficit
My husband was asked about the 11k deficit and he was thrown off balance as he was focusing on 9500 deficit, defending d 11k later was an after thought to the VO
He was also asked twice about his income of 850k per month written on the DS-160.

Lastly, why he didn't follow me when I was leaving:
Documents not complete (It was actually a silly answer)

Those are the main questions

Please what can he probably say in the next interview when asked 'what has changed'?

Thanks in advance

quote author=NewBoyKhashoggi post=127473709]

Hey ๐Ÿค 

Don't use Self-medication. The Blue paper given to them at the embassy did not state any reason for their F2 refusals, therefore, DON'T THINK the income they filled in the DS 160 was low .

1. When did you start your F1 program ? Is it MSc or PhD ? Don't you think it's too soon for them to join you ?

2. Your kids are perhaps still in school , and you still intend to reapply next month when school resumes ...The CO (consular Officer) saw them as intending emigrants.

3. Of the best categories of F1 students who have the highest chances of bringing F2 along to the US are PhD students with full or very good fundings. Do you fall into this category ?

4. If i know your studentship type , ie Bsc, MSc or PhD or others as well as your current year level , and the main questions the VO asked, then i may give further advice.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Blegolicious: 6:37pm On Dec 14, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey ๐Ÿค 

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

Transcript questions

She asked from the i-20 who is going to pay for the blabla deficit
I never knew it was actually the dependent expenses and I said she has a fully funded program from the school, later when she continues to ask, I said Me

She asked about what I do for living and I answered, asked about salary told her twice differently a little below a million

She also asked, why didn't all of us go together, I said she was waiting for something and when it came, we were not prepared so she has to leave alone

Kindly help on what to say on what has changed
Planning to reapply mid next year so we won't look desperate

It's a fully funded PhD program. Started in August 2023

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Blegolicious: 6:38pm On Dec 14, 2023
Blegolicious:

Transcript questions

I never knew it was actually the dependent expenses and I said she has a fully funded program from the school, later when she continues to ask, I said Me

She asked about what I do for living and I answered, asked about salary told her twice differently a little below a million

She also asked, why didn't all of us go together, I said she was waiting for something and when it came, we were not prepared so she has to leave alone

It's a fully funded PhD. Started August 2023

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Adebola156: 6:50pm On Dec 14, 2023
Hey everyone Iโ€™m new here and I want to know how to apply for student visa in USA Iโ€™m planning to go for masters but I had 3class I heard about a year course that I can do and if I pass it I will apply for masters if I can be add to link or put through I will be glad thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 6:52pm On Dec 14, 2023
[quote author=Blegolicious post=127484170]Thanks for your reply,

It's a fully funded PhD. My program started in August 2023.
My i20 showed 9500 deficit for dependent and 1500 deficit for me. Total is 11k deficit
My husband was asked about the 11k deficit and he was thrown off balance as he was focusing on 9500 deficit, defending d 11k later was an after thought to the VO
He was also asked twice about his income of 850k per month written on the DS-160.

Lastly, why he didn't follow me when I was leaving:
Documents not complete (It was actually a silly answer)

Those are the main questions

Please what can he probably say in the next interview when asked 'what has changed'?

Thanks in advance

Hey ๐Ÿค 

If your account above is the near perfect occurrence between your hubby and the CO (Consular officer ) , then your hubby's inability to explain himself very well OR lack of verbal preparation caused them the denial .

IN THEIR NEXT INTERVIEW
=====================

1. Don't change anything in your DS 160 since you are reapllying right away . The 850k per month is okay and it cannot be quickly changed over night . You may only fill another DS 160 in order to correspond with the next interview...ie date and location.

2. Psychologically, nothing is really wrong in all of your F1 and F2 applications , i will score your family 85%.

SOLUTION
=========

1. Your husband needs rigorous PHYSICAL MOCK TRAINING .

2. He needs someone to drill him the possible questions and answers , the person will observe his body languages and make sure what he is saying aligns to what you guys inputted in your DS 160.

3. Don't do any online mock interview training where your hubby will be drinking coffee and watching CNN while doing online training . HE NEEDS PHYSICAL TRAININGS for like 3 weeks or rigorously.

4. He may be shy in the presence of CO or in the presence of people . He may be someone who can be lost within 5 minutes of barrage of questions...Those are what Physical Mock Training will do.

PS: My own reasoning . Others are welcome.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 7:03pm On Dec 14, 2023
Blegolicious:

Transcript questions

It's a fully funded PhD program. Started in August 2023

Thanks

Hey ๐Ÿค 

If you are reapplying mid next year ..2024 then good , you may add little seasonings to your DS 160.

Already , your wife's PhD full funded status has given you and the kids F2 a little edge but you still need to convince the CO verbally of your genuineness of intention.

You should all get your F2 visas this time around by God's grace . Keep us posted .

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Naijalarry: 7:03pm On Dec 14, 2023
Yeancah30:
[WES USA
I have the reference USA
quote author=Naijalarry post=127480436]

Is it WES Canada or WES USA?

Okay, it's great that you still have your reference number.

Visit https://www.wes.org/contact-us/ and click on the Help button, then click contact us, write what you want them to do for you and make sure you include the reference number.

It should be easier if you're still in contact with the agent, so that you will collect the login details and login to your account to access the evaluation.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Prinxly: 8:20pm On Dec 14, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey ๐Ÿค 

If you have not been rejected an F1 within the last 6 Months (according to the embassy policy) then your emergency appointment as a first timer will be granted .

Don't rely on what you are hearing , everyone knows that the population of applicants going to Abuja are lesser than the Lagos Applicants, therefore , Abuja will grant your EA if you do the needful.

If you still have the emergency option in your CGI portal and you have not cancelled an appointment before , and you have a longer months ahead of your resumption, you may go ahead and cancel Lagos and pick Abuja.

1. Your SEVIS payment receipt with your I 20 are the two documents the embassy requires for emergency booking .

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 9:33pm On Dec 14, 2023
Adebola156:
Hey everyone Iโ€™m new here and I want to know how to apply for student visa in USA Iโ€™m planning to go for masters but I had 3class I heard about a year course that I can do and if I pass it I will apply for masters if I can be add to link or put through I will be glad thanks

Hey ๐Ÿค 

Either 3rd class or 4th class , for you to be a graduate in Nigeria is a great achievement on its own. But nevertheless, i will not encourage the upcoming to be a lazy student ๐Ÿ™„

American style of education is too flexible to the extent that even , a person without a bachelor's degree can do a master's degree but such person must have an outstanding relevant work experience.

Back to your side , yes you can do a masters degree with a 3rd class. but if it is a highly competitive course or university, you might probably be rejected.

1. Start by using Google to search Public Research Universities in the USA ...

2. Email those Universities one by one (look out for International Graduate Admissions office ) and narrate your academic CGPA as well as your program of choice to them .

3. By the time you send mails to like 25 to 30 schools , you will certainly see the ones that will admit you ..perhaps with conditions like standardized tests , work or publication experiences etc.

4. Ask them every questions you feel important to , including how to apply , do they waive application fee ? Etc.

You will be surprise to see how welcoming, flexible, and encouraging American Universities are by the time you start sending out your inquiries.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NotsonewMary(f): 10:43pm On Dec 14, 2023
@NewBoyKhashoggi

Could you kindly stop misleading folks with your unfounded โ€œtruthsโ€.
I agree that this is a public forum, but please stop!

You are NOT a visa officer or consular.

The best you can do is tell people to fill their visa applications truthfully and answer visa interview questions confidently, truthfully, smartly and succinctly to the best of their ability. Any other advice you have is a figment of your own imagination!

Respectfully!

P.S; Please note that this post is as regards your previous views/comments on getting funding to study in the US which is very much untrue.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 11:58pm On Dec 14, 2023
NotsonewMary:
@NewBoyKhashoggi

Could you kindly stop misleading folks with your unfounded โ€œtruthsโ€.
I agree that this is a public forum, but please stop!

You are NOT a visa officer or consular.

The best you can do is tell people to fill their visa applications truthfully and answer visa interview questions confidently, truthfully, smartly and succinctly to the best of their ability. Any other advice you have is a figment of your own imagination!

Respectfully!

P.S; Please note that this post is as regards your previous views/comments on getting funding to study in the US which is very much untrue.

Hey ๐Ÿค 

@NotsonewMary

I just took like 5 minutes to research your profile which makes me laugh ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I will respect you as a lady or woman which you claimed to be but if you attack me again i will respond .

Copy and paste my misleading post to everyone to see and let's see if i won't defend myself .

My responses so far is out of little experiences i have , cum my personal rigorous researches through various means. I don't do copy and paste from online and i will never repost what someone else has posted b4. I dole out what i am 100% certain about .

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NotsonewMary(f): 1:01am On Dec 15, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

NOTE ;

How do you confidently post something like this?
Who are you in the scheme of things to decide which fully funded program is beneficial or not beneficial to America. Do you think schools in the US just churn out full funding or stipends to every Tom, Dick and Harry? Do you think full funding is beans?

How would you write that students with tuition scholarships are likely to jettison their stay in the US?, how is that even logical thinking??

What do you think is the number 1 reason students run out of status if not finances. You think itโ€™s that easy for sponsors to keep converting naira to dollars for upkeep of their wards?

Oh, by the way, please do well by responding to me! Iโ€™m all ears and eager to hear that which was making you laugh about my profile.

Also donโ€™t come at me with โ€œyou respect me as a womanโ€, thatโ€™s a very tired line!.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (533) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

Viewing this topic: OyoTunjiUSA(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.