Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (686596 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (534) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ellskc: 7:34am On Jan 17
Sisib15:
For the WES evaluation, You will create an account with WES and then input your academic details, you will select WES ICAP evaluation and also choose US academicevaluation .After that you will need to pay the WES fee of about 217 dollars or so you can check on the website to confirm. This is the trick i used when i was in Nigeria, i dont have the money to pay yet, so i created the account ,fill in my academicdetails (my two results) in your case it will be WAEC or high school.so i thenproceed to use western union as a means of payment (which i don't have the money ) I clicked on the western union thing and I was able to generate an ID .It is this ID i sent to my schools in Nigeria that they use to sent my result to WES.
What I am saying is that you need to generateWES ID which you will take to your high school so they can send your result to WES .

For the third question, i don't know the session you are applying for. If it's fall i will suggest your start your application before march because most schools with funding would have rolled out admissions and funding before you even finish applying .you might be lucky to get admitted but funding might be difficult because you are applying late .If your application is for spring, you are good to go but funding opportunities in spring is limited.
For the third question, the cost of your tuition will determine the amount that you need to present to get your I20. If your aunty will be sponsoring be ready to prove to the VO why you aunty will be spending such a huge amount of money on you when you parents are alive. I hope this helps and if you need any information. Quote me

Thank you 🙏
So it is my school what will mail the physical copy of both my waec and highschool transcript to Wes?
Or it is electronically?
What if I’m not able to get in contact with my school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ellskc: 7:35am On Jan 17
MrSoftlife:

Some schools don't need WES evaluation.
Also, I will encourage you to apply early enough to get what you seek as funding is very limited.
Start preparing for TOEFL and SAT and ensure you have a high score.

For now, focus on TOEFL and SAT and leave the rest pending when you have taken the exams.

See you at the top!

Shalom!!!

Thank you 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MrSoftlife(f): 9:22am On Jan 17
Ellskc:

Thank you 🙏
So it is my school what will mail the physical copy of both my waec and highschool transcript to Wes?
Or it is electronically?

It can be transmitted electronically if your school can help you with etx… You can do further research by using etx. ng.… It will save you some money on logistics.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Rdfactor(m): 12:41pm On Jan 17
JohnZak:
Hi! Although it would have been better if your SEVIS designation was "authorized early withdrawal" instead of "Transfer -No show", I think that you have a valid reason when you go for your interview. Be ready to explain your health condition as the reason behind your request to defer admission. Go with medical reports and preferably, a letter from your physician explaining your health condition. The VO may not ask for this paperwork but you should be able to articulate this health condition to the VO without the paperwork. Also, explain why you decided to come back to Nigeria instead of staying back in the US whatever this may be, whether it is because your student health insurance may not have been adequate to cover treatment, high copay etc. Go with all correspondence with your DSO in case you need to refer to it during the interview. Good luck with your interview!!

Thank you so much John. I understand your point clearly. If I ever get the visa, what implication do you think this can have when i intend to enter the US at the point of entry? Is there a way those officers at the POE would know I had abandoned one SEVIS before I got a new one (note that my SEVIS will now change completely as I’ll be given a new one). Do they have a database to know this? I mean to know I have a transfer-no show , before I got a new SEVIS
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 12:57pm On Jan 17
Rdfactor:

Thank you so much John. I understand your point clearly. If I ever get the visa, what implication do you think this can have when i intend to enter the US at the point of entry? Is there a way those officers at the POE would know I had abandoned one SEVIS before I got a new one (note that my SEVIS will now change completely as I’ll be given a new one). Do they have a database to know this? I mean to know I have a transfer-no show , before I got a new SEVIS
You're overthiniking this..almost as if you did something wrong.
You were ill...thats not a crime.Unless there's something else youre not saying

Relax and dont over think this.
Get your new F1 visa snd return to the US

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 1:59pm On Jan 17
It's depends on how your school process transcript. They can send it to WES through UPS. You should go there and talk to your principal that's the only way I know
Ellskc:

Thank you 🙏
Or it is electronically?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mishappiness: 4:05pm On Jan 17
Hello!

Please i dont know if any one can help me here.

My mother Is a US citizen and petitioned I 130 for me in 2019, this immigrate visa take a very long number of years to become current. I have secured admission in Northeastern university for fall of 2024.
Can this I 130 petition affect my F1 visa. I'm so confused i dont know what to do now.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 4:10pm On Jan 17
No

Apply for your F1 with confidence.
If you keep thinking it will affect them you have defeated yourself before you started.

Focus on F1 application, your funding and your home ties to Nigeria

mishappiness:
Hello!

My mother Is a US citizen and petitioned I 130 for me in 2019, this immigrate visa take a very long number of years to become current. I have secured admission in Northeastern university for fall of 2024.
Can this I 130 petition affect my F1 visa. I'm so confused i dont know what to do now.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 4:53pm On Jan 17
mishappiness:
Hello!

Not exactly, they are separate applications.
The former is for immigrant visa while the latest is for non-immigrant visa.

Nevertheless, your records including past applications (and/or travel) to US and other countries (such as AU, CA, NZ, UK) that the US exchanges immigration/travel information with will pop-up upon request.
Against this backdrop, home-ties need be properly expressed. (Unfortunately, a parent in the US is not a home-tie to Nigeria neither does it help address this criterium ... if possible, limit the mention of this US connection to mandatory questions per F1 visa application and interview)

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mishappiness: 6:10pm On Jan 17
Taal17:
No

Apply for your F1 with confidence.
If you keep thinking it will affect them you have defeated yourself before you started.

Focus on F1 application, your funding and your home ties to Nigeria

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mishappiness: 6:15pm On Jan 17
[quote author=Denc post=127989343]

Not exactly, they are separate applications.
The former is for immigrant visa while the latest is for non-immigrant visa.

Nevertheless, your records including past applications (and/or travel) to US and other countries (such as AU, CA, NZ, UK) that the US exchanges immigration/travel information with will pop-up upon request.
Against this backdrop, home-ties need be properly expressed. (Unfortunately, a parent in the US is not a home-tie to Nigeria neither does it help address this criterium ... if possible, limit the mention of this US connection to mandatory questions per F1 visa application and interview)

Thank you for your response.
Is it necessary to mention the I130 petition in the DS 160 form. Someone said I have to be transparent on this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 6:51pm On Jan 17
[quote author=mishappiness post=127990411][/quote]

Again ... limit the mention of this US connection to mandatory questions per F1 visa application and interview ...
Focus on answering the (required) questions asked concisely and honestly. No more, no less. No mis-representation.
Why provide superfluous (arguably detrimental) information if not compulsory to do so?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by studyless123: 7:56pm On Jan 17
mishappiness:
Hello!

Yes. It's a known fact that immigrant petitions affect non-immigrant visas. Think about it for a second, you want to be in the US, and to have a student visa you need to prove non-immigrant intent. How do you want to convince the VO of your return
That makes it more difficult however I know a few who have gotten student visas even with a pending I-130 petition. I'll say give it your shot and I wish you the very best.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 11:09pm On Jan 17
studyless123:

Yes. It's a known fact that immigrant petitions affect non-immigrant visas. Think about it for a second, you want to be in the US, and to have a student visa you need to prove non-immigrant intent. How do you want to convince the VO of your return
That makes it more difficult however I know a few who have gotten student visas even with a pending I-130 petition. I'll say give it your shot and I wish you the very best.

Way(s) to demonstrate home-tie:
Application from own home-country and demonstrating ties such as:
- (immediate) family members (excluding the US-based parent, in this case)
- immovable property e.g. certified/registered landed property
- professional attachment e.g. gainful employment
- community connections e.g. (leadership) positions in known organizations to which one has made (verifiable) considerable contributions which necessitate one's return to home country

Beyond the "home-tie" criterium, those of "purpose" and "financing" should not be ignored.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by idirect(m): 9:49am On Jan 18
Good morning. Is there anyone that can help write or review a personal statement here please? I applying for Msc Human Resources. I did appreciate if it's free but i also don't mind paying for your time. Please recommend if have any.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by missidy: 10:24am On Jan 18
Hi, I'm also applying for msc human resources for spring 2025. Please kindly let me know if you see schools that have spring intake for this course. Most schools have it for only fall, I have only seen Uni New Haven and George Washington university for spring. Thanks.
idirect:
Good morning. Is there anyone that can help write or review a personal statement here please? I applying for Msc Human Resources. I did appreciate if it's free but i also don't mind paying for your time. Please recommend if have any.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kzson: 11:07am On Jan 18
Please how can I get an appointment dates in Lagos?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kzson: 11:13am On Jan 18
Please someone should let me know once there’s an appointment dates in Legos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 12:56pm On Jan 18
Seeking a writer per application documentation for a research-based graduate program seems counter-productive.
Even course-based programs demand considerable (own) composition/writing. Furthermore, institutions have since deployed various anti-plagiarism and AI detector (including ChatGPT) software.

Suggestion:
- applicant does writing by self (it is part of the preparation or self-assessment prior to graduate study),
- applicant may have such write-ups or application documentation reviewed by a third-party (paid or unpaid).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yeancah30(f): 2:55pm On Jan 18
Gud afternoon house,plz can anyone help me with schools in the US that accept HND for a PhD program?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 3:33pm On Jan 18
[quote author=mishappiness post=127990411][/quote]

Yes, if the question appears in your DS160 form answer with the truth.

Pls note consulate already knows so lying thinking they don't know is stupidity.

There are those who have no immigrant petitions filed for them and still were refused F1 visas.

I had i130 petition just like you and I got multiple us visit visas during that period of waiting. I indicated parents petition in each application.

Pleas focus on your reason for studying this course, funding and home ties to Nigeria. Use that attitude to apply.

Leave the petition on the back burner where it is . Between you and I, I know you know that immigrant visa will still take another 4years to be current so it is of no consequence as such to your study plans
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mishappiness: 7:35am On Jan 19
Taal17:

Yes, if the question appears in your DS160 form answer with the truth.

Pls note consulate already knows so lying thinking they don't know is stupidity.

There are those who have no immigrant petitions filed for them and still were refused F1 visas.

I had i130 petition just like you and I got multiple us visit visas during that period of waiting. I indicated parents petition in each application.

Pleas focus on your reason for studying this course, funding and home ties to Nigeria. Use that attitude to apply.

Leave the petition on the back burner where it is . Between you and I, I know you know that immigrant visa will still take another 4years to be current so it is of no consequence as such to your study plans

Thank you so much, this is really helpful.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bolanle245: 8:13am On Jan 19
Jan 3, 2024
Abuja embassy
Funds $39,204(family sponsorship)
School: Georgia Southern University
Course: Criminal Justice and Criminology
Visa Denied

VO: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning
VO: Can I have your passport and I-20 please
Me: Here you go
VO: Have you been to the USA before
Me: No
VO: Where have you been to then
Me: Dubai
VO: What year
Me: 2013, 2015, 2016
VO: Where do you work
Me: NSCDC (gave the full meaning)
VO: Why GSU
Me: I choose GSU because they prioritize criminology and criminal justice also any military related field, I also want to work under the guidance of (mentioned three professors and their area of specialties) which will help me in my career as well as increase my chances of moving higher in ranks.
VO: Is this for promotion
Me: Yes ( this is one of my faults here, I didn’t talk more here)
VO: Do you have a student permit to this effect
Me: Not yet, it is still pending approval till I get my visa.
*looks at I20*
VO: Who is sponsoring you
Me: My parent
Then I continued my dad is a customer service partner at FedEx/redstar logistics, he heads three states(mentioned them), he is also a farmer with soso heaters of land and he cultivates (beans, plantain, yam, palm kernels…. While my mum is a fashion stylist and also owns poultry with so so amount of birds
VO: I am so sorry ma’am, you are not qualified for this visa at this time ( I was handed the pink paper)

P.s: I didn’t add myself as a sponsor because I am just 2years with the service and it might me questionable (please let me know if I am wrong for this thought)

Please I will like to know the areas I need to add and subtract anything and what I can work on for my next interview.
I will appreciate every response
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 1:32pm On Jan 19
Bolanle245:

Jan 3, 2024
Abuja embassy
Funds $39,204(family sponsorship)
School: Georgia Southern University
Course: Criminal Justice and Criminology
Visa Denied

Please I will like to know the areas I need to add and subtract anything and what I can work on for my next interview.
I will appreciate every response
Thanks

To buttress response per "purpose" question such as "Why GSU?", think:
“Is said institution ranked/respected in the US?” “Is the said program valued in the US?”

Responses to "Home-tie" question viz "Is this for promotion?" need to provide sufficient verifiable detail
e.g. "Yes, it is common for employees at (insert employer name) to be promoted sequel to completing such program".
It makes sense that this dovetails to the next question "Do you have a student permit to this effect?" to which an appropriate reply can be
"Yes, I have an approval for study leave." (please make sure this document is available as one may be asked to tender it at the interview)

"Finance" inquiry hinges on the huge deficit of $39,204 i.e. over ₦40,000,000.
Think: "Why is the family/parent committing such funds to one child considering the economic indicators in both Nigeria and the US?"
Even MBAs from top (brand-name) business schools in the US are struggling to get desired jobs, so there is less possibility that an international (e.g. Nigerian) will be able to get legal gainful source of income to recoup such proposed spend on education in a foreign country.

The M.B.A.s Who Can’t Find Jobs
https://www.wsj.com/lifestyle/careers/the-m-b-a-s-who-cant-find-jobs-669cc1fa

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by aeeshcrystal(f): 4:40pm On Jan 19
Please I need to exchange Naira for Dollars. Who has dollars for exchange? How can I get dollars at a very reasonable rate here in the US? please help a sister. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BlessedABee: 5:16pm On Jan 19
1. Have you gotten your F1 document? This will show how much you require as a family, and possible deficit.

2. You can go for interview as a family as long as you can convince the VO on why you are going with her.

3. Most universities have financial advisor, you can request a meeting to understand payment plan. It’s university specific.

Khodry:
Please house anybody with information about UF. My wife was given Msc admission with partial scholarship of $1500 dollars per semester for 3semester for fall 2024. Can we go together and our kid and if possible how is the expenses? From what I see in the site tuition is about $13000 and other expenses accrue to about $30000 are we to pay all or some will be in block account? and the Visa processing how is it?
Please it is urgent

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MizAlero(f): 6:49pm On Jan 19
Good day,
Please I need information in terms of renewing my F1 via. It expires in June. Do I return to Nigeria for renewal or try neighboring countries like Canada or Dominican Republic for renewal? What can I expect if renewing from either of these two countries?

Any information will be very much appreciated. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 6:58pm On Jan 19
MizAlero:
Good day,
Please I need information in terms of renewing my F1 via. It expires in June. Do I return to Nigeria for renewal or try neighboring countries like Canada or Dominican Republic for renewal? What can I expect if renewing from either of these two countries?

Any information will be very much appreciated. Thanks
There are people who have done it.
Go to CA or Mexico consulates. I think you just book Appointment and appear then.

No need to go to Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (534) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: drolapet(m), IOBrad and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.