Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (703823 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by anchex101(m): 5:49pm On Jan 31
Urgent response needed, please.

A friend of mine got admission (PhD) last year fall 2023, but no funding. So he deferred to spring 2024 so he can hustle for funding. Now he has gotten funding, just last week.

The challenge now is that the offer letter for the funding dropped late -- his school resumes March 11, 2024. He just paid for Visa two days ago. His supervisor over there is asking he needs a letter from them so he can expedite the process of the visa.

What can he do in this situation to secure visa and round up everything quickly before his resumption date?

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by freshStarz: 6:07pm On Jan 31
Good evening guys
Please any application fee waiver code for any university?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kaymiles(m): 8:14pm On Jan 31
One way ticket to Tuscaloosa.
But houston is home to a larger population of nigerians.
KarisNech:
Please house, I need your advice or input.

Among these universities, which of them have more visa approval rate?

1. University of Minnesota MSc Fully Funded

2. University of Houston PhD Fully Funded

3. University of Alabama PhD Fully Funded

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 9:32pm On Jan 31
anchex101:
Urgent response needed, please.

What can he do in this situation to secure visa and round up everything quickly before his resumption date?

Thanks.

First, is this full funding?

If "No", consider deferring again given the limited time before program start.
If "Yes", then consider the following suggestions:
[1] ask the International Office or equivalent at school for a letter that allows the candidate resume late (i.e. the letter should state the latest date by which the candidate can report at the school and still be allowed to proceed with the program; letter should be addressed to the "US Embassy & Consulate in Nigeria" )
[2] ask on this thread for people searching for date availability at the US Consulate, Lagos and/or the US Embassy, Abuja (if dates are not readily displayed on the appointment portal)
[3] generally, do not panic, be flexible. Keep in touch with program contact, be honest with them as regards your plans including visa pursuit.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NUELUSA2023: 11:36pm On Jan 31
anchex101:
Urgent response is needed, please.

What can he do in this situation to secure a visa and round up everything quickly before his resumption date?

Thanks.

Just to add, he should keep searching for dates, as the embassy would keep dropping dates. Also, he can apply for an emergency appointment.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by anchex101(m): 10:27am On Feb 01
Yes, it is fully funded.

If there's anyone here with groups to search for interview dates, can you indicate please? Thank you

Denc:

First, is this full funding?

If "No", consider deferring again given the limited time before program start.
If "Yes", then consider the following suggestions:
[1] ask the International Office or equivalent at school for a letter that allows the candidate resume late (i.e. the letter should state the latest date by which the candidate can report at the school and still be allowed to proceed with the program; letter should be addressed to the "US Embassy & Consulate in Nigeria" )
[2] ask on this thread for people searching for date availability at the US Consulate, Lagos and/or the US Embassy, Abuja (if dates are not readily displayed on the appointment portal)
[3] generally, do not panic, be flexible. Keep in touch with program contact, be honest with them as regards your plans including visa pursuit.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Debbieeeeeee: 11:07am On Feb 01
anchex101:
Yes, it is fully funded.

If there's anyone here with groups to search for interview dates, can you indicate please? Thank you

Try the emergency appointment route. Utilize the explanation box properly and attach relevant documentation

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mercy95(f): 11:31am On Feb 01
Dates are available oooooo
Rush down

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 1:14pm On Feb 01
anchex101:
Yes, it is fully funded.

As other contributors have added, explore emergency/expedited appointment (which makes the late arrival letter imperative).
All the information you need is on this thread, no use for separate (search) groups/platforms. (Someone already shared the appointment availability excerpt.) The answers/suggestions/support are on this thread, just patiently read and decipher the facts from the noise.
Moreover, the "intel" provided are based on experience, not ChatGPT, Google search or hear-say.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AlphaMaximus(m): 1:47pm On Feb 01
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 5:08am On Feb 02
Anyone apply to ETSU for Chemistry Fall, 2024?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Datst136: 2:02pm On Feb 02
fearlessfang:
Anyone apply to ETSU for Chemistry Fall, 2024?
I applied for the graduate program in Biomedical science. Is admission decision out already?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SimiMaya: 3:38pm On Feb 02
Please has anyone gotten an F1 approval recently in Abuja? Can you advise?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 4:10pm On Feb 02
Datst136:
I applied for the graduate program in Biomedical science. Is admission decision out already?
oh no. I wanted to ask same
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by deewhydoski(m): 4:54pm On Feb 02
fearlessfang:
Are you not the same person that was praying that $1 should reach #3000 on the other thread?.….…You want to travel and you are praying for dollar to reach #3k..Do you think it is naira that you are going to use to pay school school or ticket fee

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 6:27pm On Feb 02
deewhydoski:

Are you not the same person that was praying that $1 should reach #3000 on the other thread?.….…You want to travel and you are praying for dollar to reach #3k..Do you think it is naira that you are going to use to pay school school or ticket fee
Not everyone is a pauper like you. Get the hell out of my mention
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by deewhydoski(m): 6:57pm On Feb 02
fearlessfang:
Not everyone is a pauper like you. Get the hell out of my mention
Yes you might be financially ok, you might afford it but your level of reasoning is very poor. Even people that have hundred of thousand of dollar are not praying for the fall of the naira. Don't carry this your level of reasoning enter US o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Datst136: 7:25pm On Feb 02
fearlessfang:
I submitted my application last year Dec. The Graduate studies committee mailed me last week that my application has been sent to the department for review. Hopefully, they come through next week.

Have you gotten any mail from them about the progress of your application?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by deewhydoski(m): 7:26pm On Feb 02
fearlessfang:
I am not the architect of your misfortune. I am not the reason you are poor. Get the hell out of my mention, this is a travel thread and you are derailing the thread.
Lol
It amaze me when some people will just come online and be saying some people are poor when they are not the one feeding the person or clothing the person.
For someone to be on this thread and applied to 8 universities in US for PhD the person is not poor, get your fact right. Just because you have small dollar you don't want us to hear word again.
I am done talking to you, I wish you best of luck. Have a good life
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 7:40pm On Feb 02
Datst136:

I submitted my application last year Dec. The Graduate studies committee mailed me last week that my application has been sent to the department for review. Hopefully, they come through next week.

Have you gotten any mail from them about the progress of your application?
Same as well. When the application is tracked it eads submitted to department for review. The deadline for application submission was yesterday.

Lets hope they decide this month. The decision needs to come on time so one can get appointment date for embassy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 7:40pm On Feb 02
deewhydoski:

Lol
It amaze me when some people will just come online and be saying some people are poor when they are not the one feeding the person or clothing the person.
For someone to be on this thread and applied to 8 universities in US for PhD the person is not poor, get your fact right. Just because you have small dollar you don't want us to hear word again.
I am done talking to you, I wish you best of luck. Have a good life
You are still poor. Move on loser.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 7:52pm On Feb 02
Any Nigerian student in Buffalo University? Please, I need urgent information.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 8:28pm On Feb 02
On strength of local currency:

One's nationality i.e. country of birth impacts one's prospects both at home and abroad.
The first few questions I was asked upon arriving the US were:
- "Tell me about Nigeria"
- "What is your local currency?"
- "How much is it versus the US dollar?"
- "What airline did you board from Nigeria to the US?"
Needless to say, it was not fun responding to the above years ago (none the less now).
Even if one secures a US passport, one would still be required to state one's country of birth on critical applications/documentation in the US (there is no running from one's identity i.e. Nigerian).

Suggestion:
- speak/wish well for your home country irrespective of your location/status/age/tribe/political affiliation/religious beliefs,
- more importantly, do what you can (no matter how little/small) to make your home country better (everyone can do something. Start from your family, business/work place, community etc.)

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 8:46pm On Feb 02
deewhydoski:

Hey 🤠

Although , this discussion is out of thread but we are still same Nigerians and we have to constantly be positive towards our nation .

1. I will support @Denc that praying for $1 to reach N3,000 is wishing Nigeria the greatest woes that would lead to hyper inflation or whatever and eventually lead to a situation liken to one nation in Africa where they use wheel barrow to wheel money meant only to buy a loaf of bread 🙄

When Americans wake up ,, they says God Bless America , why can't we Nigerians follow suit ?

3. We or our parents were born in Nigeria , kind of schooled in Nigeria , worked a bit in Nigeria and garner all our western sakara (advancement , ideas, swaggers ,etc ) in Nigeria and got the opportunity to travel out of Nigeria ....Are we not suppose to even thank and pray for the great Nigeria ?

Best Wishes 🙏

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by deewhydoski(m): 9:15pm On Feb 02
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

Although , this discussion is out of thread but we are still same Nigerians and we have to constantly be positive towards our nation .

1. I will support @Denc that praying for $1 to reach N3,000 is wishing Nigeria the greatest woes that would lead to hyper inflation or whatever and eventually lead to a situation liken to one nation in Africa where they use wheel barrow to wheel money meant only to buy a loaf of bread 🙄

When Americans wake up ,, they says God Bless America , why can't we Nigerians follow suit ?

3. We or our parents were born in Nigeria , kind of schooled in Nigeria , worked a bit in Nigeria and garner all our western sakara (advancement , ideas, swaggers ,etc ) in Nigeria and got the opportunity to travel out of Nigeria ....Are we not suppose to even thank and pray for the great Nigeria ?

Best Wishes 🙏
Exactly what I told him

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mhizunique: 9:31pm On Feb 02
Hello.... Please.. I also got admission into the social works college at CWRU... How do I get a fully sponsored scholarship?

Najdorf:

My program is not an MBA. I'm going for undergrad. If I'm a finalist for any of their scholarships that I applied for, I'll be called to interview by March 1st.

Since you're getting these offers your profile must be strong. Have you considered applying for a regular Masters degree rather than an MBA? It might be easier to get full funding that way. Just my thoughts.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by USAfall2024: 2:06am On Feb 03
Got my first decision mail from University of Notre Dame. I was rejected for PhD Chemical Engineering. I've 3 more pending decisions to go for Fall 2024 (all PhDs). Finger Crossed, I still believe my moniker will come to pass inshallah cool grin.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by lasisig5(m): 3:15am On Feb 03
Hi everyone. As I was perusing through various posts, I came across a thought-provoking one that caught my attention in which someone prayed for the exchange rate of $1 to reach ₦3000. This sparked some reflections in my mind, and I felt compelled to share my perspective on this matter.

In my humble opinion, praying for such an increase in exchange rates seems counterintuitive, especially when it comes to the well-being of our beloved country, Nigeria. Regardless of our individual wealth or current circumstances, it is crucial to consider the collective prosperity of our nation.

Nigeria, undoubtedly, is a great country with immense potential for growth and development. I firmly believe that, with time, our nation will overcome its challenges and flourish. As someone residing in the United Kingdom, I can draw a parallel scenario – I would never wish for the exchange rate of £1 to ₦3000, even for personal gain. My allegiance to Nigeria, my home country, transcends any selfish interests.

Instead, I choose to channel my prayers towards divine intervention and healing for our beloved nation. I believe that God's guidance will steer us on the path of progress and unity. It is essential for each one of us, regardless of our location, to contribute positively towards the betterment of Nigeria.

May God continue to bless and guide our beloved Nigeria towards a brighter future.

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NUELUSA2023: 3:22am On Feb 03
Mhizunique:
Hello.... Please.. I also got admission into the social works college at CWRU... How do I get a fully sponsored scholarship?

I think you should send an email to the graduate coordinator in your department and ask about opportunities. They are in the best position to provide necessary information.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Debbieeeeeee: 4:37am On Feb 03
USAfall2024:
Got my first decision mail from University of Notre Dame. I was rejected for PhD Chemical Engineering. I've 3 more pending decisions to go for Fall 2024 (all PhDs). Finger Crossed, I still believe my moniker will come to pass inshallah cool grin.
I’m wishing you good luck and all the best with the other three applications and hopefully they surpass your expectations.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 4:42am On Feb 03
Mercy95:
Dates are available oooooo
Rush down
Please, do you have whatsapp group where they share dates. I need to search for dates.

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (542) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

Viewing this topic: moobbie, Mayoseun and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.