Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,387 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (704271 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sobastical: 12:36pm On Feb 03
fearlessfang:
Please, do you have whatsapp group where they share dates. I need to search for dates.

The folks you bullied and called poor up there could actually helped you, but you arrogance and pride won't let you to ask.

it is well Mr rich kid
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 12:42pm On Feb 03
Denc:

All the information you need is on this thread, no use for separate (search) groups/platforms. (Someone already shared the appointment availability excerpt.) The answers/suggestions/support are on this thread, just patiently read and decipher the facts from the noise.
Moreover, the "intel" provided are based on experience, not ChatGPT, Google search or hear-say.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 1:24pm On Feb 03
sobastical:

The folks you bullied and called poor up there could actually helped you, but you arrogance and pride won't let you to ask.

it is well Mr rich kid
Since you irritant peasant want a little bit of reality check. I am not the architect of your misfortune.

How can you even ace grad school with this poor display of comprehension skill? So “one” nuisance has turned to “folks”. One sick alpaca has turned to “people”?

You are never getting out of this darkness with this poor display of comprehension skill.

Don’t derail the thread. If you can’t answer my question, move very far.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SimiMaya: 1:47pm On Feb 03
You dey para shaaaa😂😂😂😂

fearlessfang:
Since you irritant peasant want a little bit of reality check. I am not the architect of your misfortune.

How can you even ace grad school with this poor display of comprehension skill? So “one” nuisance has turned to “folks”. One sick alpaca has turned to “people”?

You are never getting out of this darkness with this poor display of comprehension skill.

Don’t derail the thread. If you can’t answer my question, move very far.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 1:53pm On Feb 03
SimiMaya:

You dey para shaaaa😂😂😂😂

It is just annoying. The thread reads “US Student Visa Thread”, I came to ask an innocent question and one little kid thought it was wise to bring issues from other thread I never had with him here.

This is why a lot of Nigerians get into trouble here. They do not always fail at this level of idiocy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SimiMaya: 3:57pm On Feb 03
Sorry bro. No vex. Just take it easy with them.

fearlessfang:
It is just annoying. The thread reads “US Student Visa Thread”, I came to ask an innocent question and one little kid thought it was wise to bring issues from other thread I never had with him here.

This is why a lot of Nigerians get into trouble here. They do not always fail at this level of idiocy.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by opsam: 4:03pm On Feb 03
USAfall2024:
Got my first decision mail from University of Notre Dame. I was rejected for PhD Chemical Engineering. I've 3 more pending decisions to go for Fall 2024 (all PhDs). Finger Crossed, I still believe my moniker will come to pass inshallah cool grin.

God will help you and hear your prayers. I also applied to the schl. PhD Software Engineering
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 4:43pm On Feb 03
USAfall2024:
Got my first decision mail from University of Notre Dame. I was rejected for PhD Chemical Engineering. I've 3 more pending decisions to go for Fall 2024 (all PhDs). Finger Crossed, I still believe my moniker will come to pass inshallah cool grin.
If you still have bandwidth, University of Southern Mississippi still has their application open. It’s not deadline yet for Fall semester in most departments
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JungleboyT(m): 4:54pm On Feb 03
Any PhD or Masters Economics applicant to these schools? If any, let's link up.

West Virginia University?
University of Maine?
Western Illinois University?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for decisions very soon.

Again, I would like to ask about the possibility of getting a PhD Economics through B.Sc degree in Economics from Nigeria. People often say that Economics in Nigerian Universities ain't quantitative and mathematical enough compared to Ghana and South Africa.

So I would like to know if you've seen any Nigerian who obtained PhD admission in Economics in the USA through his/her B.Sc degree in Economics

Note: I'm not disputing my chances though, I have a first class degree in Economics, a very good recommendation letter, 333 in GRE (170 in Quantitative, 163 in Verbal) and also have three years research experience with a top consulting firm in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by USAfall2024: 6:08pm On Feb 03
opsam:

God will help you and hear your prayers. I also applied to the schl. PhD Software Engineering

Thanks. Success with your UN application bro.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by USAfall2024: 6:11pm On Feb 03
fearlessfang:
If you still have bandwidth, University of Southern Mississippi still has their application open. It’s not deadline yet for Fall semester in most departments

Thanks for this but I don't want to reach out to my Profs again for LoRs. I will sit put and wait for the decision of the 3 other schools in the coming weeks. If nothing works, I will refire for Fall, 2025. This is my first trial and have learnt some lessons with the process even though I did everything in a haste (being a fresh graduate who just had her convocation December Last year).

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by USAfall2024: 6:16pm On Feb 03
JungleboyT:

University of Maine?

Again, I would like to ask about the possibility of getting a PhD Economics through B.Sc degree in Economics from Nigeria. People often say that Economics in Nigerian Universities ain't quantitative and mathematical enough compared to Ghana and South Africa.

So I would like to know if you've seen any Nigerian who obtained PhD admission in Economics in the USA through his/her B.Sc degree in Economics

Note: I'm not disputing my chances though, I have a first class degree in Economics, a very good recommendation letter, 333 in GRE (170 in Quantitative, 163 in Verbal) and also have three years research experience with a top consulting firm in Nigeria.

Your profile is very impressive. I think your chance of getting at least one offer from the 3 schools is very high, especially if you submitted your application early enough. Impressive GRE! Strong LoRs! I really don't know much about Nigeria Economics degree reputation so maybe someone can talk about that to alleviate your fears. Anyway, I see you coming back here to celebrate when you finally get your fully-funded offer and pass the Visa Interview cool.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 6:30pm On Feb 03
USAfall2024:

Thanks for this but I don't want to reach out to my Profs again for LoRs. I will sit put and wait for the decision of the 3 other schools in the coming weeks. If nothing works, I will refire for Fall, 2025. This is my first trial and have learnt some lessons with the process even though I did everything in a haste (being a fresh graduate who just had her convocation December Last year).
Absolutely agree. Getting another round of LoRs can be a little frustrating for the profs.

You’ll get admits.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SimiMaya: 6:38pm On Feb 03
Please someone has an application for a B1/B2 pending (looking for interview dates) but now wants to submit another application for an F1. Is this doable or advisable? They asked me and I said I would seek advise here. Kindly let me know please.

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by USAfall2024: 6:44pm On Feb 03
fearlessfang:
Absolutely agree. Getting another round of LoRs can be a little frustrating for the profs.

You’ll get admits.

Amen. Thanks. Wish you the best in your application too. #USAfall2024 will work out for us all🙏.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ARISTOCRATDAMMY1(m): 8:47pm On Feb 03
Hello everyone,
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:38pm On Feb 03
SimiMaya:
Please someone has an application for a B1/B2 pending (looking for interview dates) but now wants to submit another application for an F1. Is this doable or advisable? They asked me and I said I would seek advise here. Kindly let me know please.

Thank you
Yes you can have both visas B1/B2 & F1

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Datst136: 10:29pm On Feb 03
fearlessfang:
Same as well. When the application is tracked it eads submitted to department for review. The deadline for application submission was yesterday.

Lets hope they decide this month. The decision needs to come on time so one can get appointment date for embassy.
Hopefully.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Padraic: 11:14pm On Feb 03
Hello guys,

I hold a fully funded PhD offer from the USA, and I want to apply for student visa.

Please does anyone know how to do go about this. I need a step by step guide, or a link to where I can find one.

Thanks all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Somatohadidas(m): 11:34pm On Feb 03
Somatohadidas:

After admission (and funding for those who need it), and you've decided where you want to go:

✅ Request for your i-20 from your school. Some give one or both of soft/hard copy, and you might pay shipping fee for hardcopy in some schools ($50 - $100). You'll usually supply details of passport page, ability to cover cost like funding letter or bank statement, etc. for this.

✅ Get the i-20. I'll suggest you request the e-copy even if the school wants to send hardcopy, so that you can use the details to book your visa interview while awaiting the hard copy. A4 printed of i-20 is acceptable at embassy. After i-20, the next 3 items can be in any order.

✅ Start filling your DS-160 form online at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ . You can use this video as a guide when filling it: https://www.facebook.com/287980197932222/videos/318718789713853

✅ Create a CGI profile at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-appointmentschedule.asp and pay for your visa fee, costs #67,200 with GT Bank, and book your date at your desired location if an available one shows.

✅ Pay Sevis fee. You can create a coupon at fmjfee.com but someone in the US has to pay it for you. It costs $350, but there might be a $10 processing fee and people's dollar rates differ. So expect a wide range when converted. To be safe, the payment must be confirmed at least 72 hours prior to your interview.

✅ Prepare for your interview and ace it.✌�

✅ Book your flight, typical ranges can cost from 250k - 400k for cheapest ones depending on location, or go for the more expensive and comfortable ones.

Good luck.�

*Copied*.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Padraic: 11:53pm On Feb 03
Thank you.
Somatohadidas:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by knostbrown01(m): 12:12am On Feb 04
Yes, can you drop your WhatsApp contact?
Tender344:

I got a UCF offer too. Full funding tho. We could link up. Are u stil considering UCF?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bbqekpa: 3:15am On Feb 04
ARISTOCRATDAMMY1:
Hello everyone,

I'm seeking assistance, and I've already checked Google for information. Please recommend a reputable school where the cost of an MBA is below $40,000.

Thank you!

Ohio State uni. Fisher business school

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 6:46am On Feb 04
USAfall2024:

If there's ever a next time, have your professors give you LoRs that you can use multiple times. All you need do is change school addresses.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 7:17am On Feb 04
SimiMaya:

Thank you

Hey 🤠

1. You may have B1/B2 visa , and at the same time have an F1 visa if you can show that you will enter the United States on the first visa, leave and re-enter on the other .

2. That means you can apply for two different US visas in the same year, but you cannot apply for both visa at the same time because you are required to present one DS-160 on the day of your interview.

3. Even if you succeed in applying for both visa applications , then i can guarantee you it will impact your eligibility at the end of the day once the system discovers the duplicate information for two different categories.

4. The Consulate will discover anyway and advise you complete one of the process before proceeding to another and like I wrote before it will impact your eligibility overall.

5. Cancel the B1/B2 and focus on the F1. In all US visa categories , F1 applicants are the only set of visa hopefuls who enjoys prompt visa appointment responses at the US embassies worldwide. All others absolutely depend on emergency Appointment.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by missidy: 7:48am On Feb 04
This was in the past. Now schools request that you drop the contacts of your recommenders & they will contact them directly for the letters. Even the recommendation letters I was given are not useful.
TWoods:

If there's ever a next time, have your professors give you LoRs that you can use multiple times. All you need do is change school addresses.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by USAfall2024: 9:03am On Feb 04
TWoods:

Most U.S schools accept only direct LoRs from the Profs. They will only ask for your 2/3 recommenders official email address in the application portal, and contact the Profs directly via email. All four schools I applied to used the same format for accepting LoRs so I don't know if it's a new normal.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by UnfairLife7(m): 11:47am On Feb 04
USAfall2024:

what are the lessons you've learnt? Do you mind sharing it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chaiks: 1:56pm On Feb 04
Guys, please which universities still accept applications with IELTS Duolingo?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 2:02pm On Feb 04
JungleboyT:

University of Maine?

You have a good profile and they are right about the course content for Economics in Nigeria. It is truly not quantitative enough.

You would have applied to more schools. I hope that you land one of the schools.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mhizunique: 2:52pm On Feb 04
Thank you...

NUELUSA2023:

I think you should send an email to the graduate coordinator in your department and ask about opportunities. They are in the best position to provide necessary information.

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (542) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.