Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,822 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (494) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (684795 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (533) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:54pm On Mar 12
Ayosharon4321:

Thank you for replying. I applied to Seattle uni but they said they’ll need Wes evaluation, considering my case and the low gpa… don’t know if it will be successful cos it’s almost 500k after conversion.
Given your ability to afford the fees, I strongly recommend pursuing a top-up degree in the UK. I suggest looking into institutions like the University of Plymouth and Northumbria University, among others. A top-up degree offers a chance to enhance your qualifications and essentially replace your previous degree. It's like a second opportunity at university, typically lasting just a year, and culminating in a bachelor's degree. Following this, you can then consider pursuing a master's degree at a university of your choice. This is simply my personal opinion, but I believe it's worth considering given the benefits and opportunities it can offer.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Joyussilver: 10:26am On Mar 13
Thank you very much. I appreciate your advice.
Nozino:

Hello,

I’m not sure if your MPH was funded or provided any scholarship, but if it does, it may be better to attend the interview while going for a Masters degree as it show’s academic progression. You can always change schools/programs when you enter the US.

ABSN is the better option here( to me). The opportunities for a US trained nurse is unlimited. Some APNS make way more money than medical doctors. If you can afford it, by all means go that route.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 1:26pm On Mar 13
Nozino:

Hello,

I’m not sure if your MPH was funded or provided any scholarship, but if it does, it may be better to attend the interview while going for a Masters degree as it show’s academic progression. You can always change schools/programs when you enter the US.

ABSN is the better option here( to me). The opportunities for a US trained nurse is unlimited. Some APNS make way more money than medical doctors. If you can afford it, by all means go that route.
How does APNS make more than medical doctors? Which one of them makes more than medical doctors?

I already advised that clown she would be denied at the embassy with that ABSN I-20.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by PrimeTEA: 4:50pm On Mar 13
Good Evening House.

I’ve been following this thread for a while. I got a PhD. Admission into a school in the US and awaiting a funding decision.

My question is how long must a required deposit sit in my Account before I print the statement and send to the school as proof. I have an investment I can liquidate, I’d like to know so I can withdraw it earlier so the days can start counting.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sharon8: 6:44pm On Mar 13
PrimeTEA:
Good Evening House.

I’ve been following this thread for a while. I got a PhD. Admission into a school in the US and awaiting a funding decision.

My question is how long must a required deposit sit in my Account before I print the statement and send to the school as proof. I have an investment I can liquidate, I’d like to know so I can withdraw it earlier so the days can start counting.

A PhD without funding is not advisable. Huge financial implications.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bebeto2014: 7:39pm On Mar 13
fearlessfang:
dangers of having a dolt as president. It sucks but it is what it is.

I don’t think it might be a concern because rarely would VO punch calculator to view the exchange rate against how much you have there.

They just go with a rough estimate. I think you should be fine. Half the time, they might not request for your POF.

What I would suggest you focus on is how to defend your reasons for wanting to go to the US.
Thank you dear for your time and advice

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by olaoye15(m): 7:40pm On Mar 13
Hello Great people.

Yesterday, i completed another ds160. I did this because i realised that the appoitment date i currently have does not fit with the schedule in my previous ds160.

I have gone ahead to update my appitment page with the new ds160 application number.

My question is do i need call the us embassy to inform them to delete my previous ds160 and merge the new application with my appointment date?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sandammy(m): 7:43pm On Mar 13
Hello everyone,
I received admission and scholarship offer today from new haven university. It states i've been awarded a 20% percent dean scholarship for a National Security, MS Programme.

Is this a scholarship or discount. Do i need to apply seperate for assistantship?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:12pm On Mar 13
olaoye15:
Hello Great people.

Yesterday, i completed another ds160. I did this because i realised that the appoitment date i currently have does not fit with the schedule in my previous ds160.

I have gone ahead to update my appitment page with the new ds160 application number.

My question is do i need call the us embassy to inform them to delete my previous ds160 and merge the new application with my appointment date?

Thank you.
Update yourself or call them to update for you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by olaoye15(m): 8:19pm On Mar 13
Debbieeeeeee:

Update yourself or call them to update for you

Thank you Debiee.

I already updated my appointment profile with the new ds160 number. I am just asking if i also need to inform them.

Thanks you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 9:53pm On Mar 13
fearlessfang:
How does APNS make more than medical doctors? Which one of them makes more than medical doctors?

I already advised that clown she would be denied at the embassy with that ABSN I-20.

CRNAs, Psychiatry NPs, Dermatology NPs etc make more than some medical specialties like Family medicine, Emergency Medicine, Pediatric Medicine and a few others.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:04pm On Mar 13
olaoye15:

Thank you Debiee.

I already updated my appointment profile with the new ds160 number. I am just asking if i also need to inform them.

Thanks you.
If you did it yourself no need to call them. Just check on it tomorrow to be sure it’s updated

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Localboy48: 10:55pm On Mar 13
olaoye15:

Thank you Debiee.

Thanks you.

What date were u able to get for ur appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Localboy48: 11:03pm On Mar 13
Hello all..

If I chose a far appointment date that I can see on my profile right now for my F-1 visa interview, is there a chance that I can see a near date soon when I try to use the reschedule option?
And does the reschedule option also has limit to how many times we can check per day?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Observer25: 11:51pm On Mar 13
sandammy:
Hello everyone,
I received admission and scholarship offer today from new haven university. It states i've been awarded a 20% percent dean scholarship for a National Security, MS Programme.

Is this a scholarship or discount. Do i need to apply seperate for assistantship?

You can post the details here without the offer letter online. Unprofessional on your part. It Clearly stated scholarship.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 4:23am On Mar 14
Nozino:

CRNAs, Psychiatry NPs, Dermatology NPs etc make more than some medical specialties like Family medicine, Emergency Medicine, Pediatric Medicine and a few others.
I don’t think you know what you’re talking about
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by PrimeTEA: 5:08am On Mar 14
Sharon8:

A PhD without funding is not advisable. Huge financial implications.

I am asking because I want to go with my family and would have to proof 17k for them.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sandammy(m): 5:40am On Mar 14
Observer25:

You can post the details here without the offer letter online. Unprofessional on your part. It Clearly stated scholarship.
Thanks for the correction, i didnt know better. Is there a way i can have more funding because i was expecting full funding.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Blegolicious: 7:50am On Mar 14
You can only reschedule once. Please choose wisely. 334k is no joke
Wait till you see a favourable date if possible
Do not cancel date fir no reason, you should reschedule not cancel.
Localboy48:
Hello all..

If I chose a far appointment date that I can see on my profile right now for my F-1 visa interview, is there a chance that I can see a near date soon when I try to use the reschedule option?
And does the reschedule option also has limit to how many times we can check per day?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by missidy: 9:00am On Mar 14
New Haven doesn't give full funding, it is on their website. It's the major reason I dropped them from my list of schools. The highest they give is GA & 75% scholarship. They have given you 20%, you are to pay the rest. You can email the graduate coordinator of your program regarding Graduate Assistantship, if it's still available. Just try and see his/her response.
sandammy:
Hello everyone,

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by crusader6(m): 9:38am On Mar 14
Hello guys, can I request for an emergency appointment date if I have 30 days to the resumption date of my exchange visitor program (J1 visa)?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 10:34am On Mar 14
fearlessfang:
I don’t think you know what you’re talking about

Please Educate me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 10:42am On Mar 14
Nozino:

Please Educate me.
Google is your friend.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:59am On Mar 14
Nozino:

Maybe if you said DNP’s that own their practices I’d have said maybe maybe not.
Paediatric doctors make a lot of money, let your child land in NICU and you’ll know how much they make on a daily.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 12:46pm On Mar 14
fearlessfang:
Google is your friend.

Lol. You have no idea do you?

Lemme educate you. A Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) is an anesthetic provider who can provide anesthetic care to patients. They can practice in all 50 states and typically do not require Physician supervision. Starting salaries for CRNAs is on the high 250k$. Most FM/EM doctors will not smell that salary.

Psychiatry NP are Advanced Practice Nurses with training in Psychiatry. They can do everything an MD/DO trained Psychiatrist can and can also have prescription rights in all 50 states. They will typically earn more than most Drs.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Joyussilver: 2:43pm On Mar 14
@fearlessfang I've noticed you are very condescending and pessimistic. if you were the only person advising people here alot of people would have left this forum since. if you don't know how to be courteous towards people seeking for assistance just read and pass abeg! Responding to people as if your papa na im be consular general of the US embassy mtcheew angry
fearlessfang:
SO why did you come here to ask then? Because someone else did doesn't mean you would.

You chances of visa denial is 90%, you approval rate is 10%

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 3:26pm On Mar 14
May dates is available in abuja.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Scholace: 3:49pm On Mar 14
fearlessfang:
Google is your friend.
you deserve a life ban with this response. You claimed someone doesn't know what he/she is saying, and the person asked you to educate him/her, then the next thing you would say is "Google is your friend"

What is the color of your problem??

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Joyussilver: 5:29pm On Mar 14
Please can you add me to the undergraduate group? Thanks in anticipation. - +2347030739979

krcboy:
Not my tramscript, but someone from pur little undergraduate group . here it goes:

First attempt: Denied, Lagos
Degree: Bachelors degree psychology
School: Midwestern state university, Texas
Funding: No funding from the school
Deficit : $60,115

Vo: Good morning, how are you?
Me: Good morning, I'm fine thank you
Vo: So where are you going?
Me: I'm going to Midwestern state university, Texas to study for a bachelor's degree in psychology
Vo: Ok, so who will sponsor you
Me: My Uncle, I mentioned is name too
Vo: What does he do?
Me: He is the head tax controller Federal Inland Revenue Service(FIRS) ibadan. He was recently transferred to Ibadan last year.
Vo: So what is rank
Me: I hesitated because I did not get. So I said highest rank
Vo: Do you have siblings?
Me: Yes
Vo: How many?
Me: 2 siblings
Vo: Are you the first born?
Me: No I'm the second
Vo: Is any of your sibling in the US?
Me: No
He then started typing for about 1 minute. Gave me blue paper saying sorry your visa has been denied. I feel the problem is that I lied that I dont have a sibling in US, my sister just finished her undergraduate degree this May. I feel he saw the records. Anyhow I will try again later�. @moshkom @chiberta @ummzayad
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Joyussilver: 5:50pm On Mar 14
please me too oh!

+2347030739979

krcboy:
drop ur number
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Joyussilver: 6:35pm On Mar 14
i need just a mock interview my f1 visa interview is coming up soon

my email - joycanozie@gmail.com

[quote author=Evelynbum post=114491201][/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 6:35pm On Mar 14
Nozino:

Lol. You have no idea do you?

Lemme educate you. A Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) is an anesthetic provider who can provide anesthetic care to patients. They can practice in all 50 states and typically do not require Physician supervision. Starting salaries for CRNAs is on the high 250k$. Most FM/EM doctors will not smell that salary.

Psychiatry NP are Advanced Practice Nurses with training in Psychiatry. They can do everything an MD/DO trained Psychiatrist can and can also have prescription rights in all 50 states. They will typically earn more than most Drs.
You’re a newbie.

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (533) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.