Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (684554 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (533) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by USAfall2024: 8:13am On Mar 19
grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by EnigmaticDude: 9:44am On Mar 19
I already stated what I am. You guys talking as if being an agent is a crime. When you contact the school directly, how do I get paid by the school after you get admission? Abi you think I got the information for free? Dey play
Nozino:

If it smells like shit, then it’s probably shit. If you weren’t an agent, which you are, you will drop the name of the school and go your merry way instead of asking people to contact you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Immunity04: 11:07am On Mar 19
Hello guys, I received a tuition waiver and stipend from my school for my M.A., but I still have a deficit of about $7k. I have few questions about this situation, and I would appreciate it if you could clarify them for me.

While filling the DS1-60 form, how should I answer the question about "WHO WILL BE SPONSORING YOUR TRIP TO THE US?" should I select employer in the US or the person covering my deficit?

Secondly, are there specific requirements for the photo I should upload on my DS-160 portal?

Lastly, I have heard that it's not advisable to submit the DS1-60 form until I've gotten a visa appointment. Does it mean I don't need to pay for the SEVIS fee and visa fee before the visa appointment search?

Please, I would require an honest and prompt response to these questions, as I'm new to this process and would need to get everything right.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Localboy48: 1:33pm On Mar 19
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

*** Follow the advice of @bigfrancis21 which i am also going to expound further .

1. The worst her present school could do is to terminate her Form I 20 , while she still have 5-months of grace (SEVIS rules) before USCIS terminates her SEVIS.

2. Even , a terminated SEVIS can be transfered if your new school (DSO) agree to accept the terminated records and assist in the student's reinstatement. Your new school only needs to talk to the former SEVIS Coordinator.

3. She should quickly go to her present DSO and talk about possible transfer and other helps . She should be humble, feel remorse and cry for help because all International Student Visa Powers lies on DSOs (both present and new).

4. If all her efforts failed in transfering and appealing to her present DSO, there is till hope . Her only option is to take admission in another University or college and exit (this is a must) USA and re-enter to get her SEVIS activated.

5. She should talk to her family and friends for possible Mexico connection . F1 student visa holders can live in mexico temporarily if she doesn't want to come back to Nigeria.

6. She would then returned back to the United States on a new SEVIS ID. She will use her present F1 visa together with her new USC I-20 to enter the U.S.– even if the SEVIS numbers (on her present f1-visa) do not match. But she must still pay the SEVIS fee to activate the new USC I-20.

Best Wishes 🙏

You’re correct on all these points (I’m starting to thing you work as a DSO in a US school lol) except the last one which we need to really look at..

On number 6, some quarters says (even some DSO say so when asked) that they can use the old Visa to re-enter after terminating the SEVIS so far they now have a new SEVIS and a new i20 and it doesn’t matter if school changes—- which is what you’ve said here too.. and I’ve seen some people on quora did it this way and they enter

However, some school DSO advise that they get a new visa from their country..!_ and no one know which opinion is valid tbh

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 2:36pm On Mar 19
Localboy48:

You’re correct on all these points (I’m starting to thing you work as a DSO in a US school lol) except the last one which we need to really look at..

On number 6, some quarters says (even some DSO say so when asked) that they can use the old Visa to re-enter after terminating the SEVIS so far they now have a new SEVIS and a new i20 and it doesn’t matter if school changes—- which is what you’ve said here too.. and I’ve seen some people on quora did it this way and they enter

However, some school DSO advise that they get a new visa from their country..!_ and no one know which opinion is valid tbh

Hey 🤠

@Localboy48. Thank you for your observation and your accolade.

1. We all have tried . The OP should do the remaining research but i believe if the main visa is still valid till she is ready to travel with the new Form I 20 , then she won't need to reapply .

2. Any which ways , thanks for your observation.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mjosh1000(m): 3:08pm On Mar 19
Quick one guys, can I use my wife GTB account to pay for my visa fee?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sharon8: 4:03pm On Mar 19
Mjosh1000:

Yes.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lawal1555: 8:01pm On Mar 19
Immunity04:
Hello guys, I received a tuition waiver and stipend from my school for my M.A., but I still have a deficit of about $7k. I have few questions about this situation, and I would appreciate it if you could clarify them for me.

While filling the DS1-60 form, how should I answer the question about "WHO WILL BE SPONSORING YOUR TRIP TO THE US?" should I select employer in the US or the person covering my deficit?

Secondly, are there specific requirements for the photo I should upload on my DS-160 portal?

Lastly, I have heard that it's not advisable to submit the DS1-60 form until I've gotten a visa appointment. Does it mean I don't need to pay for the SEVIS fee and visa fee before the visa appointment search?

Please, I would require an honest and prompt response to these questions, as I'm new to this process and would need to get everything right.

Select your employer as your sponsor since your tuition has been waived. The remaining deficit include health insurance and books.

The photo size is 2x2 inches (51 x 51mm)

Whichever option you choose, you can either submit and retrieve your application or generate an application ID to search for a date. Regardless of your choice, you will still need to update your application ID on your CGI portal if you fail to secure a date within 30 days or if you opt to retrieve it for editing.

To search for a date, you'll need to pay for your visa fee. The SEVIS payment can wait until 72 hours before your appointment

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ayosharon4321: 8:57pm On Mar 19
Sharon8:

Yes.

can gtb naira card pay for usd transactions??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 9:02pm On Mar 19
EnigmaticDude:
I already stated what I am. You guys talking as if being an agent is a crime. When you contact the school directly, how do I get paid by the school after you get admission? Abi you think I got the information for free? Dey play

I’m not fighting you. Just own your shit with your full chest.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mjosh1000(m): 9:39pm On Mar 19
Ayosharon4321:

can gtb naira card pay for usd transactions??

Visa fee not sevis fee

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by nampofo: 9:54pm On Mar 19
USA EMERGENCY VISA

Please I'm a Ghanaian who intends to attend my eldest Sister's funeral in New York on 12th April 2024. I want to apply for emergency appointment. However, the Funeral Director has still not sent the invitation letter. Since time is running against me, can I ask for emergency appt without the invitation letter and instead attach death certificate and funeral poster?
Mjosh1000:

Visa fee not sevis fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by alamercy: 9:57pm On Mar 19
Hello Everyone,

My name is John. I secured a PhD admission to one of the US universities with full funding. I plan to apply for visa together with my family. I have 3 children together with my wife. Will it be advisable to include them in the visa application as dependents? Your candid advise on how to go about it will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mjosh1000(m): 10:06pm On Mar 19
alamercy:
Hello Everyone,

My name is John. I secured a PhD admission to one of the US universities with full funding. I plan to apply for visa together with my family. I have 3 children together with my wife. Will it be advisable to include them in the visa application as dependents? Your candid advise on how to go about it will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Yes you can is there is funds to prove their stay in the US
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 10:08pm On Mar 19
nampofo:
USA EMERGENCY VISA

Please I'm a Ghanaian who intends to attend my eldest Sister's funeral in New York on 12th April 2024. I want to apply for emergency appointment. However, the Funeral Director has still not sent the invitation letter. Since time is running against me, can I ask for emergency appt without the invitation letter and instead attach death certificate and funeral poster?

Hey 🤠

1. No ! Don't ask for the emergency appointment without the invitation letter from the funeral director . Call your people in the United States to put pressure on the funeral director in order for him or her to attend to your demand .

2. If you bypass the funeral director , that means you are writing WAEC without the invigilator . Anyone can forge a death certificate or funeral postal from a cyber cafe . The embassy most of the time contacts the funeral director.

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 10:17pm On Mar 19
alamercy:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you.
yes you can
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jedooooo(m): 11:02pm On Mar 19
Hello guys i am asking for a friend, his child is under 18 and will be going for his visa so is he to go with his child or he is to go alone??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Immunity04: 11:21pm On Mar 19
Lawal1555:

Select your employer as your sponsor since your tuition has been waived. The remaining deficit include health insurance and books.

Whichever option you choose, you can either submit and retrieve your application or generate an application ID to search for a date. Regardless of your choice, you will still need to update your application ID on your CGI portal if you fail to secure a date within 30 days or if you opt to retrieve it for editing.

To search for a date, you'll need to pay for your visa fee. The SEVIS payment can wait until 72 hours before your appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Immunity04: 11:26pm On Mar 19
Thank you very much.
Lawal1555:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 12:15am On Mar 20
Mjosh1000:

Hello. Please don’t forget to quote me and update the thread after your interview. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 12:15am On Mar 20
Jedooooo:
Hello guys i am asking for a friend, his child is under 18 and will be going for his visa so is he to go with his child or he is to go alone??

He can go with him. But they won’t allow him enter the embassy with the child.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by KarisNech: 2:51am On Mar 20
Please what of the case where you don't have any deficit because it is fully funded by the school? Who will you write as your sponsor in your DS-160?

Thank you

P.S: I would appreciate others contribution too.

Lawal1555:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 3:41am On Mar 20
KarisNech:
Please what of the case where you don't have any deficit because it is fully funded by the school? Who will you write as your sponsor in your DS-160?

Thank you

Remember that funding does not cover living expenses, books, flight tickets, accommodation as well.

You have to indicate in your DS160 who is footing the deficit.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 3:42am On Mar 20
alamercy:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you.

Hey 🤠

1. 95% of time the US embassy denies phd applicant an F1 visa is inability to proof home ties .

2. Despite the fact that you have secured a full fundings , the consular still expects you to have post study plans (for your self and family and your nation).

3. Your wife and kids living in Nigeria are your best ties among other ties . Now you want to take them along immediately . Though it's very possible but i won't take the step myself . Establish yourself in the USA first.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 4:23am On Mar 20
KarisNech:

Thank you

Hey 🤠

1. That form does not have the design to list multiple sources , and it would be best to list the person/entity paying for a majority share of the expenses .

2. I would indicate the Host- University as my sponsor and tell the consular verbally during the interview that the flight expenses and other little little spendings would be borne by me.

3. That takes you back to the section " Have You made Specific Travel Plans ? I would also indicate yes which shows that you have the means to travel .

4. Your Form I-20 has also explained your scholarships / fundings coverage . Either the form is perfectly filled or not. Your communicating rhythm with the consular on that day is what matters the most.

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lawal1555: 4:30am On Mar 20
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. 95% of time the US embassy denies phd applicant an F1 visa is inability to proof home ties .

2. Despite the fact that you have secured a full fundings , the consular still expects you to have post study plans (for your self and family and your nation).

3. Your wife and kids living in Nigeria are your best ties among other ties . Now you want to take them along immediately . Though it's very possible but i won't take the step myself . Establish yourself in the USA first.

Best Wishes 🙏

This situation involves a husband bringing his wife and children to the US to support him in his first 2-3 weeks. The wife plans to return to her job, and the children will resume school upon their return. If he fails to include them in his plans, the Visa Officer will inquire about their absence.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lawal1555: 4:33am On Mar 20
KarisNech:

Thank you

Your employer/school.

Since your program is fully funded with no deficit, there won't be any inquiries regarding sponsorship. Instead, concentrate on your post study plan, your connections and commitments at home (home ties).

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 7:08am On Mar 20
Lawal1555:

This situation involves a husband bringing his wife and children to the US to support him in his first 2-3 weeks. The wife plans to return to her job, and the children will resume school upon their return. If he fails to include them in his plans, the Visa Officer will inquire about their absence.

Hey 🤠

1. @Lawal1555 Do you mean that The husband Form I-20 stipulates or mandated him to bring his wife and kids along for support in the first 2-3 weeks OR That is what you think the husband is going to tell the consular?

2. Okay what about a single PhD applicant that has not married ? Besides all schools are in session right now so the kids re supposed to be in school .

3. Aside that , the consular will calculate the flight ticket for the wife and kids who want to use just 3 weeks as unnecessary spendings for someone going to use US tax payers funds for his study for free .

4. Okay how is he going to proof home ties ? Thank you for your observation. I want to learn from your response . Perhaps , may be a new law states that all phd applicants must travel along with wife and kids ?

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Localboy48: 8:37am On Mar 20
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. @Lawal1555 Do you mean that The husband Form I-20 stipulates or mandated him to bring his wife and kids along for support in the first 2-3 weeks OR That is what you think the husband is going to tell the consular?

2. Okay what about a single PhD applicant that has not married ? Besides all schools are in session right now so the kids re supposed to be in school .

3. Aside that , the consular will calculate the flight ticket for the wife and kids who want to use just 3 weeks as unnecessary spendings for someone going to use US tax payers funds for his study for free .

4. Okay how is he going to proof home ties ? Thank you for your observation. I want to learn from your response . Perhaps , may be a new law states that all phd applicants must travel along with wife and kids ?

Best Wishes 🙏

Now, Tunji, this home tie issue seem really dicey. For someone that’s not married yet, and he’s not working before he went for his F-1 visa interview, how will this person show enough home tie? And she has full funding for PhD. Should the person indicate in his DS-160 that he’s married? Because tbh, marriage seem like the only reasonable home tie I won’t lie
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Excellence100(m): 9:06am On Mar 20
itoski:

And he was fully funded right?
I have friends in Purdue, Texas A and M, North Carolina and they all had GRE and TOEFL which they submitted to get full funding into their respective PhD programs.
Better be prepared than sorry!

Bro, please I sent you a PM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 10:03am On Mar 20
Localboy48:

Now, Tunji, this home tie issue seem really dicey. For someone that’s not married yet, and he’s not working before he went for his F-1 visa interview, how will this person show enough home tie? And she has full funding for PhD. Should the person indicate in his DS-160 that he’s married? Because tbh, marriage seem like the only reasonable home tie I won’t lie

Hey 🤠

*@Localboy48

1. Never -married , and not employed PhD applicants will have their Post Study Plans (visions ) as their 1st ties . ** The consular will want to know your future plans for people , societies, your nation , etc . PhD applicants naturally are expected to give back to the societies because they are the teachers of all careers (In academics).

2. Their 2nd tie is their extended families (some will say what if you don't have a family - then we still go back to consular deciding your faith with your visions).

3. USA consulars are trained to understand major facets of family lives. Even , the visions or career goals of an orphan who does not have the above listed and who cannot trace his or her family will not be cut short by any VO.

4. Proofing ties to the USA consulars is a complex subject one has to master according to his or her situation.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by alamercy: 10:04am On Mar 20
Hi All,
I really appreciate everyone contribution so far. I will declare that I have disability if there is a portion like that in the form. I underwent elbow replacement surgery which prevents me from carrying out some certain tasks. I will tell them that they need to support me to stabilize myself over there.

In addition, regarding the issue of settling down before thinking of bringing the family to USA. Do you think they will grant my family the visa in my absence.

I have travelled to some countries (Australia, 2 yes, Germany ) and returned back to the country without them. I don’t want to risk such again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (533) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

Viewing this topic: Oneder and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.