Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (679914 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Peroo4040: 11:29pm On Jul 21, 2022
Ugmama:

I applied for second degree accelerated nursing.
I have written to the school. Couldn't get the contact details of the coordinator.

I remember advising you check with the school to know what pre-requisite to fulfill…I can not tell you what to do at the this stage bcz I do not know the courses you had in your bachelors n masters program. The program coordinator is in the best position to evaluate your transcript and advise on what you need to fulfill for admissions consideration. So you know, the pre-requisite are not free! A course cost over $600 so the lesser the better grin

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ugmama(m): 5:53am On Jul 22, 2022
Peroo4040:

I remember advising you check with the school to know what pre-requisite to fulfill…I can not tell you what to do at the this stage bcz I do not know the courses you had in your bachelors n masters program. The program coordinator is in the best position to evaluate your transcript and advise on what you need to fulfill for admissions consideration. So you know, the pre-requisite are not free! A course cost over $600 so the lesser the better grin

My dear, I just mailed the school now.

Let's see what their response will be. If not, I jeje stay put for UK. embarassed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by morgang(m): 8:19am On Jul 22, 2022
Hi guys, I need your thoughts on this.

My girl’s visa appointment is on August 18th and the school’s official resumption is on the 15th (same month). She’s being offered a letter of extension until September 1st.

Do VOs/POEs still recognize formal letter of extension or it depends solely at the discretion of the interviewer?

and Lastly,

Could her late appearance result to a denial ?

Your personal thoughts and experience are highly appreciated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by degxyflexy: 10:35am On Jul 22, 2022
Please when scheduling a visa appointment for my spouse and I with me being the principal applicant. Will there be space to enter her MRV receipt number on the Cgi portal
CreativeWeb:

No. But you won't be able to travel till around middle of December.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Peroo4040: 10:50am On Jul 22, 2022
Ugmama:

My dear, I just mailed the school now.

Let's see what their response will be. If not, I jeje stay put for UK. embarassed

Better! Nursing is quite expensive! grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Annini: 11:54am On Jul 22, 2022
Good day. Please add me to the abuja date search group
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by zellfoxx: 12:18pm On Jul 22, 2022
degxyflexy:
Please when scheduling a visa appointment for my spouse and I with me being the principal applicant. Will there be space to enter her MRV receipt number on the Cgi portal

Yes, there’ll be.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CreativeWeb(m): 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2022
degxyflexy:

Yes. Both of you will go together.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by buccy(f): 1:07pm On Jul 22, 2022
morgang:
Hi guys, I need your thoughts on this.

My girl’s visa appointment is on August 18th and the school’s official resumption is on the 15th (same month). She’s being offered a letter of extension until September 1st.

Do VOs/POEs still recognize formal letter of extension or it depends solely at the discretion of the interviewer?

and Lastly,

Could her late appearance result to a denial ?

Your personal thoughts and experience are highly appreciated.

My thoughts are:

1. It depends on the prestige/popularity of the school
2. The resumption date was it, start of classes or orientation
3. If it is orientation, is she going to take it online?
4. Because if it is start of classes, resuming almost two weeks later is quite alot
5. As for VOs accepting it, it depends on how she presents her case by answering the above questions.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tunnazboi: 1:33pm On Jul 22, 2022
What happens when one attend visa interview before 120 days as required of class start date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cyingfreeman: 1:49pm On Jul 22, 2022
FineDragon:
Boss how can we go on about our mock interview

Hello bro. Drop me an email so we can see how we could help ourselves
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by h20water(m): 2:42pm On Jul 22, 2022
caelish:

This happened to me in Abuja, December 2021. No interview was done, and no reason was given to me. The VO just said "unfortunately you no longer qualify for the visa which you applied for", and my passport was returned to me with blue paper. I had to defer and I'm about to go for another interview.

I don't know your sister's situation, but you have my best wishes.

Thanks!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tinafusty: 3:55pm On Jul 22, 2022
Please anyone knows about optima hotel in Abuja,if it is compulsory to book ahead of time
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by osigiepurr(m): 4:59pm On Jul 22, 2022
A friend of mine who would joining her husband on F2 was at Lagos embassy today (22 July 2022) for interview.

After very few questions like, how long have you been married (5years), how long are you staying in the US (6weeks), etc, she said the VO smiled and gave her a white paper and returned her passport to her and said she would be contacted via email.

On the white paper, it was indicated "Administrative processing and no document is required from applicant".

Please guru in the house, those that have experienced similar issue should explain what they meant by administrative processing and how many days it takes for embassy to contact applicants.

Will really appreciate your contributions... Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 5:00pm On Jul 22, 2022
how can that be without passport details and MVR fee?
forget that person na job man wey go fit catch only lazy people.

RaniOpe:

It's you that's stealing all the dates on the portal with bots account abi?
So you can sell it out angry

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by morgang(m): 5:25pm On Jul 22, 2022
buccy:

My thoughts are:

1. It depends on the prestige/popularity of the school
2. The resumption date was it, start of classes or orientation
3. If it is orientation, is she going to take it online?
4. Because if it is start of classes, resuming almost two weeks later is quite alot
5. As for VOs accepting it, it depends on how she presents her case by answering the above questions.

The school name is Illinois state university. And the program orientation starts on the 15th. Although her supervisor would make arrangements for late orientation, but she could as well participate remotely. Class officially starts on the 22nd. If things go according to plan, she’d most likely miss a week of lectures.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by gmtpresident(m): 5:49pm On Jul 22, 2022
morgang:

The school name is Illinois state university. And the program orientation starts on the 15th. Although her supervisor would make arrangements for late orientation, but she could as well participate remotely. Class starts officially on the 25th. If things go according to plan, she’d most likely miss a week of lectures.
Illinois State University (ISU) START CLASS ON 22ND Of August. Please, rephrase your sentence.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Akanbi0204: 6:43pm On Jul 22, 2022
Hello guys,

How can I get a nearer date for US interview. When I checked, I got August, 2024. I need any date around October/November this year 2022. Even if I have to pay, I will. Kindly message me if you can help, thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by nasjeje: 6:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
Can someone help me with what to write in the box
Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by RaniOpe: 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2022
Akanbi0204:
Hello guys,

How can I get a nearer date for US interview. When I checked, I got August, 2024. I need any date around October/November this year 2022. Even if I have to pay, I will. Kindly message me if you can help, thanks.

They will still release those dates. Don't fall prey to scammers
Right now, people are still battling August 2022 dates
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Stevenssen(m): 7:26pm On Jul 22, 2022
nasjeje:
Can someone help me with what to write in the box
Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?
well, explain why you were refused. If you were denied visa, quote the section and reason on the slip given to you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Vahn: 7:49pm On Jul 22, 2022
Hello people, please how do you confirm that your sevis fees is expired (asides using the 12 month rule)? Do you get an email or something?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Vahn: 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2022
Akanbi0204:
Hello guys,

STOP PAYING FOR DATES!

Join group chats and reschedule

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by degxyflexy: 9:03pm On Jul 22, 2022
Thanks. I appreciate
zellfoxx:

Yes, there’ll be.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by degxyflexy: 9:03pm On Jul 22, 2022
Thanks
CreativeWeb:

Yes. Both of you will go together.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by morgang(m): 9:24pm On Jul 22, 2022
Peroo4040:

Tell them you are selling dates for 350,00k grin
Charging people 350k for an interview thats not guaranteed! Truly we are the problem.....

Bro, the way these folks hoard dates for personal gains irks me. Tons of genuine students looking for dates are likely to defer due to no appointment. More annoying, he used “T&C apply” like he’s offering some professional services.

Na people like this I like to Dey channel my anger towards. Folks like him should be arrested and dealt with.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (531) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

Viewing this topic: highchiefpee(m), Dike987, kes4glory(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.