Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,368 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (679790 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 22, 2022
frisby:

The denial came via email?
How long did you have to wait for the response please? I've been waiting for over 10 days now, nothing.

For over 10 days??
Have you gotten a response and was it via email?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olascodan: 11:15pm On Jul 22, 2022
RaniOpe:

How many days processing?

Just two weeks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by RaniOpe: 11:21pm On Jul 22, 2022
Olascodan:

Just two weeks

You call two weeks "just". It's too long cry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by UmmZayd: 1:20am On Jul 23, 2022
Hisexcellency20:
Hello everyone,

Please, I need your insight/advice on this situation.

Last yèar, during my F1 visa interview, the VO asked me if I will be going with my wife, I told him NO, as my wife was schooling and doing her business. Hence, çannot abandon her sch to join me. Now, she is almost rounding up.

She went for her F2 visa few days ago, and was told that her husband said, she won't be joining him, what has changed? And she gave an entirely off point answer, as she did not anticipate the question and I mistakenly did not prep her to that point. She was telling the VO that her husband cannot visit at this time, cos of his demanding research work bla bla bla ���

Now, we are about to reapply. Will stating that she has completed her program be appealing to them? Since, had already given an out of point answer initially.

Please, what do you think is the best way to go about this? Cos, I know that, that same question will arise again.

Thank you very much.

And there goes another reason not to use your family that will later join you as collateral during your interview (some will coman tell me it's serves as home ties, home ties isonu). She can apply again and prepare response for that question

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by UmmZayd: 1:47am On Jul 23, 2022
Nozino:

Hello sir, I would advice you to get into the US for a PhD. Most PhD in your field are fully funded. This removes the financial stress from you and makes your visa application easier. While in the US, you can start the ABSN program online or on campus. I personally think a degree in Biochemistry will cover all prerequisites, most nursing schools would want you to evaluate your result with Wes to see if they are equivalent with their own classes.

Not all. Biochem students in Nigeria do not take Anatomy and Physiology and that's a prerequisite for BSN in the US. Sociology, developmental psychology as well are part of prerequisites

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jojoarmani101: 4:33am On Jul 23, 2022
Hello everyone I just got admitted for the fall session which starts on the 17th of August, should I defer my admission to spring or I have hope for emergency date. And if I get denied for my emergency date can I still use the same visa to apply for another emergency date for spring session.Please advise
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NigPatriot(m): 5:15am On Jul 23, 2022
Jojoarmani101:
Hello everyone I just got admitted for the fall session which starts on the 17th of August, should I defer my admission to spring or I have hope for emergency date. And if I get denied for my emergency date can I still use the same visa to apply for another emergency date for spring session.Please advise

You can apply for emergency especially if this is the first time you'll applying. Aim for Lagos, Abuja currently is on hiatus for dates. One thing you should also consider is your program start date. Ensure you work with that in mind. By now you should be seeking program extension letter from your school.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NigPatriot(m): 5:17am On Jul 23, 2022
morgang:
Hi guys, I need your thoughts on this.

My girl’s visa appointment is on August 18th and the school’s official resumption is on the 15th (same month). She’s being offered a letter of extension until September 1st.

Do VOs/POEs still recognize formal letter of extension or it depends solely at the discretion of the interviewer?

and Lastly,

Could her late appearance result to a denial ?

Your personal thoughts and experience are highly appreciated.

If she can be more ambitious she can ask her school to include this on her i20. For F1 students. The i20 has the ultimate say.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NigPatriot(m): 5:19am On Jul 23, 2022
Tunnazboi:
What happens when one attend visa interview before 120 days as required of class start date?

Currently because of the dearth of dates and long wait times, VOs don't take this in full consideration. Anytime you have a date, please go for your interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NigPatriot(m): 5:24am On Jul 23, 2022
Plannie22:
Hi Everyone, my friend had an interview earlier this week in Lagos and was issued a white paper under the section 221(g) because the visa officer wanted him to provide additional documents. Please does anyone know how he can schedule another interview so that he can bring the additional documents to the officer and get his visa. Also does he need to pay a new MRV receipt?
I really hope that he doesn’t have to go and select a date using the regular scheduling cause there are no dates�.

Grateful for a prompt response because resumption is around the corner.

The person won't necessarily have to schedule another appointment, those documents are supposed to be sent to the embassy using DHL. Please confirm, with the paper given at the embassy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NigPatriot(m): 5:25am On Jul 23, 2022
ogieva12:
Please what does it mean if vo issues yellow or blue paper

Colour of paper given to you at the embassy means nothing. The content of what inside the paper means everything.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jojoarmani101: 5:29am On Jul 23, 2022
NigPatriot:

You can apply for emergency especially if this is the first time you'll applying. Aim for Lagos, Abuja currently is on hiatus for dates. One thing you should also consider is your program start date. Ensure you work with that in mind. By now you should be seeking program extension letter from your school.
thank you for the reply, I don't think i will have time to travel to Lagos due to the nature of my work, I've filled my ds160 form with Abuja on it, if I seek extension will it reflect on my i20? And it could it be of help in abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Festy8: 7:56am On Jul 23, 2022
Hi friends,

Is covid-19 test still essential to traveling to the US.

I am confused with the recent circular.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tosyneaat: 9:00am On Jul 23, 2022
Hello Evryone, kindly add me 08062688106 to the free WhatsApp group for Lagos US Interview date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Boyco: 11:20am On Jul 23, 2022
Festy8:
Hi friends,

Is covid-19 test still essential to traveling to the US.

I am confused with the recent circular.

Yes pls...my mum traveled last week and went with her green vaccine card and covid test( it was done in the morning of that day she traveled...according to most flights the test must be within 24hrs bfr ur flight)

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jeval: 12:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
Olascodan:

Yes
My own just got approved yesterday

youve given me hope

lag or abj?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by graciousify(f): 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kaido: 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
chibertha:

there is a lot of funding for your line use google to search in 1-week max you will be talking to a lot of schools. application for fall 2023 will be opening soon.
also, a lot of schools will accept your transcript student copies for the decision to be made after which they will request official before you start school or I20

Thank you, ma'am.

I have started sending mails to prospective supervisors.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tonydon12: 5:13pm On Jul 23, 2022
A and B
tonydon55@yahoo.com

Greattestman:
drop your e-mail and pls specify...

(A) motivation letter seeking for admission

(B) motivation letter seeking for scholarship

(C) A and B

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lasisieniola77(m): 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
Tonydon12:
A and B
tonydon55@yahoo.com

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lasisieniola77(m): 5:33pm On Jul 23, 2022
Motivation Letter for scholarship
Lasisibisi0@gmail.com
Greattestman:
drop your e-mail and pls specify...

(A) motivation letter seeking for admission

(B) motivation letter seeking for scholarship

(C) A and B

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Peroo4040: 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2022
UmmZayd:

Not all. Biochem students in Nigeria do not take Anatomy and Physiology and that's a prerequisite for BSN in the US. Sociology, developmental psychology as well are part of prerequisites

It also depends on when he got his Bachelors.. most schools has a limit for 5-8yrs less.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Peroo4040: 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
[quote author=graciousify post=115009192]please i have a question.

an F2 person who has been previously denied selected previously denied on the cgi portal. please will this affect the dates she will be seeing?

If dates pop up,will she see it also[/

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Peroo4040: 8:47pm On Jul 23, 2022
NigPatriot:

Currently because of the dearth of dates and long wait times, VOs don't take this in full consideration. Anytime you have a date, please go for your interview.

Lol… I laff in Spanish! Do not mislead people… let them follow the process!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tasho105(m): 8:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
[@Javsal...pls help with Lagos search group, Jah blessquote author=Jeval post=115007226]

https:///HqKVaJxCJrG51Kx6tHeioj[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tasho105(m): 9:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
@Jeval pls help with the link for Lagos search group

Felixnyle:
Please @jeval kindly send the link to the Abuja date search group

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (531) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

Viewing this topic: Sammyup, pufframmy, Stevenssen(m), alamercy and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.