Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,226 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (506) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (685154 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (533) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 5:14pm On Apr 01
Rdfactor:

Well, I guess it works sometimes. Just saw this on Reddit from a nepalis who gave his f-1 interview in India cuz there were no appointment in Nepal at that time. And he was actually approved.

But then, most people online , quora, reddit advised against visa shopping as they claim it’ll most likely lead to denial

CC: Biglyanga, OyoTunjiUSA, I can see you differ on this too, just like me, so I thought of copying you. Go through the screenshot, what do you guys feel about it?
I dont have any contrary opinion in regard to getting your visa from another country other than your country of citizenship and residence…

But you still have to prove strong home ties to your country. Different requirements for visa renewal.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 5:17pm On Apr 01
BigIyanga:

Come out with your original moniker with your full chest 😂😂
you are just an attention seeking who.r.e. Nigeria has damaged your brain cells. cheesy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 5:20pm On Apr 01
BigIyanga:

I dont have any contrary opinion in regard to getting your visa from another country other than your country of citizenship and residence…

But you still have to prove strong home ties to your country. Different requirements for visa renewal.
I know irredeemable clowns like you. I won't engage dimwits like you cos you are beneath me. grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 5:22pm On Apr 01
liliberth:
Hello please, I am finding it hard to get universities for fall 2025, I am interested in public health at masters level and I do not want to apply through SOPHAS.

Will be glad if anyone can suggest universities that are easy to apply to. Thanks
University of Tennessee Knoxville, Kent State University, university of southern mississippi

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 5:24pm On Apr 01
yinkhar:

You are the biggest fool I have ever encountered. “H” factor or not, sense is not in your empty skull. Reply as usual because I have time, you birdbrain nincompoop!

If you were as successful as you claim to be in the US, you wouldn't be here bragging about nonsense. I've followed this thread and noticed you write like the dimwit you are. Just because others have a different opinion on a subject doesn't warrant you insulting them.

Nobody forces you to give advice on NL, so shove your egotistical arrogance where it belongs: in the trash!
You are beneath me you irritant peasant.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by yinkhar(f): 5:59pm On Apr 01
fearlessfang:
You are beneath me you irritant peasant.

Irritant peasant! With what I have achieved in US so far, your generations are still crawling out of the miserable hole you created for them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 6:21pm On Apr 01
yinkhar:

Irritant peasant! With what I have achieved in US so far, your generations are still crawling out of the miserable hole you created for them
You’re beneath me. You were literally begging people to like you IG post of you looking like an IDP resident.

Because you escaped Nigeria in 2020 still scrambling for a roommate lol.

Got my first degree in 2008. You were probably still in high school grin

You’re beneath me. Irritant peasant.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by yinkhar(f): 6:40pm On Apr 01
fearlessfang:
You’re beneath me. You were literally begging people to like you IG post of you looking like an IDP resident.

Because you escaped Nigeria in 2020 still scrambling for a roommate lol.

Got my first degree in 2008. You were probably still in high school grin

You’re beneath me. Irritant peasant.

Congrats on your history lesson fool! Yes I got here in 2020 and I have achieved more than what you idiot has been scrambling for since 2008. It’s not how far but how well. Now I know you truly a dimwit with empty skull. Be here on Nairaland dragging seniority Irritant Peasant chairman!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JohnZak: 7:04pm On Apr 01
Bosses,

This back and forth has been going on for at least three days. Trading deeply personal and condescending insults is not necessary regardless of where you live (Nigeria or U.S) or what you or may not have accomplished. It is frankly very juvenile. Based on the year some of us graduated from college, we are likely to be in our thirties and forties. This is not a good look at all!

Nobody needs this and it is derailing the purpose of this thread. We can all agree to disagree about applying for visas in Nigeria or outside Nigeria, proving home ties or not proving home ties, funding vs. no funding etc., without resorting to the type of language that has been exchanged over the past couple of days.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by liliberth: 7:36pm On Apr 01
Thank you

fearlessfang:
University of Tennessee Knoxville, Kent State University, university of southern mississippi
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 8:07pm On Apr 01
yinkhar:

Congrats on your history lesson fool! Yes I got here in 2020 and I have achieved more than what you idiot has been scrambling for since 2008. It’s not how far but how well. Now I know you truly a dimwit with empty skull. Be here on Nairaland dragging seniority Irritant Peasant chairman!
I can smell your "h" factor lol.. You are beneath me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by liliberth: 8:20pm On Apr 01
Please admissions for 2025 have they started cos all I see is for fall 2024, and I do not know if I can meet up. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 8:42pm On Apr 01
liliberth:
Please admissions for 2025 have they started cos all I see is for fall 2024, and I do not know if I can meet up. Thanks
wait till August.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by yinkhar(f): 9:19pm On Apr 01
fearlessfang:
I can smell your "h" factor lol.. You are beneath me.

I can smell your stupidity. I’m proud of my “h” factor any day anywhere. Irritant peasant 🤪

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tinafusty: 10:13pm On Apr 01
No more visa approvals transcript in nairaland, it is now an abusive and insulting ground.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AyobamiIsaac12: 10:31pm On Apr 01
Tinafusty:
No more visa approvals transcript in nairaland, it is now an abusive and insulting ground.
I just tire. justwise your attention is needed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by RaniOpe: 10:40pm On Apr 01
“It is well o, God will help us. God will see us through in Nigeria. We shall not remain like this”
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 11:01pm On Apr 01
Hi Guys,

Apologies.

I am so allergic to peasants.

If you have any pressing question. CC me. When I log back in I'll respond
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Greatkenny2: 12:33am On Apr 02
fearlessfang:
Hi Guys,

Apologies.

I am so allergic to peasants.

If you have any pressing question. CC me. When I log back in I'll respond

Bro, I've a question, please while filling your F1 visa form, what are you supposed to write as intended arrival date? I used the resumption date on the form I20 as the intended arrival date? Is it advisable? What do you think is the right date to use.. thanks..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 3:56am On Apr 02
fearlessfang:
you are just an attention seeking who.r.e. Nigeria has damaged your brain cells. cheesy
Post your past comments with ur original moniker 🙏🏿😂😂
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Leftrightcenter(m): 4:54am On Apr 02
I doubt if your deposition to the question is a major concern. However, you can put any date between earliest admission date and program/school start date, preferably any date one to two weeks before program start date.
Greatkenny2:
Hello guys, please what should we put as "intended date of arrival" when filling F1... Is it the actual date the program starts or another, probably few weeks to the date? There's also "earliest admission date" on the I-20 Please what date should we use?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mjosh1000(m): 7:25am On Apr 02
I filled out the visa form close to two weeks now, but no update or email yet approving me to start checking out interview dates

It is supposed to take this long before I get a response or something else is wrong.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Younggee19: 8:30am On Apr 02
Good morning, please is there a visa date search group that I can be added to? Please help.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Slimszy: 8:50am On Apr 02
johnjones243:
Visa Approved
1st attempt
18/07/2022
Blonde Lady
COA: 45, 344
Funding: 40, 455
Deficit: 4, 889

VO: I can see that you are going to ***** University, what will you be doing after school?

Hi, greetings!

Please I sent you a mail, kindly revert back. Thank you

Me: ( I didn't get the question well) I currently work for (cuts in)

VO: what will you do after graduation?

Me: I own a writing agency and I will be coming back to use all the knowledge and experience I must have garnered during this program to develop my agency (VO starts to type). I also will be working on a thesis which is a collection of poems, I will also be producing my screenplays.

VO: I will be approving your Visa, take this white paper ( I didn't hear whatever she said after that, I was just thanking Jesus because only him can do this.)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 8:53am On Apr 02
Believe this at your own risk!
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. Now every one knows you are here because of me based on your last words and i knew your mission is to come and support @fearlessfang in the beginning.

2. Go away with your fake visa transcripts. It doesn't work for me . I have never flex muscle of travel histories. Its not a criterion for becoming a USA visa advisor or counselor.

3. I have worked as an apprentice under 3 different USA Visa Attorneys . I am still learning (correspondence program) Educational Psychology/Guidance and Counselling. I have worked personally as a travel agent (based on USA visa only) with offices for more than 15 years before i gave it up.

4. I am now an International Admission & Visa Consultant (Based on USA visa types alone). I am also a registered apprentice under a USA based Immigration Attorney. ** My plan is to become an American Immigration Attorney when i finally relocated .

5. Therefore , tell @fearlessfang, @Debieeeeeee and others of your click that my experiences is not based on having a USA visa or living inside USA.

6. I work online. With phones and laptops. I am constantly online because of businesses and courses. I have the time to use Nairaland as a training ground . Why are you counting the number of my responses?

Best Wishes 🙏

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sammyup: 9:45am On Apr 02
Hi Nairalanders,

Please y'all should enlighten me on this issue.
I got my Visa fee around October last year (2023) and scheduled my appointment for Feb 2025.

Does that mean my MRV receipt is still valid till the date choosen or not ?

I'm asking this question because it's duration is a year and am somehow confused.

Hoping to see early date thou.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NeonDee(m): 11:13am On Apr 02
Guys!

I am really worried what the issue is...

I applied to the schools below and till now, I am yet to receive any response from any of them.

New Mexico State University
University of Wisconsin Milwaukee
Portland State University
Wayne State University
University of New Mexico

However, I have received breakfast cry from 2 schools and I am really wondering what's delaying these other schools that are yet to ive any form of response.

Any one here applied these schools or know what the issue could be?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Phraser: 1:22pm On Apr 02
Hello, guys. Does anyone know if GTB has updated the visa fee price? The last time I checked, it was 333,000 naira. Since they last updated it on March 1, I was thinking that they might do the same on April 1 and adjust it to fit the current exhange rate.

Hoping to hear from y'all. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by aposon07: 1:27pm On Apr 02
Hi please I will be glad to get your opinions on this issue. I am. Ghanaian and I'm married. I am in my early 30s. I got my b1/b2 visa in 2023. The reason of the first visit was for a conference. I indicated I will be spending 10days in my ds-160 form however I spent 3 weeks thats 21 days. I later on in the year went to the uS in December same year for the Christmas and New year holidays. For that I spent 4 weeks.
At the time I was entering the US for the second time I had already received admission for law program from two schools. But I still returned after my vacation and came back to apply for my F1 Visa. Here in Ghana you can use dropbox to change from b1/b2 visa to f1 which I did because I still have a valid us visa for four more years remaining.
I have a full tuition scholarship of $45,000 but i and my father are sponsoring the remainder of my other living expenses, fees and books which amounts to $26,000.
But when I did the dropbox the embassy asked for only my I-20 with no other supporting documents to be attached whether admissionor scholarship letter. Two weeks after the submission I received a refusal under 221g asking to schedule a follow-up interview.
Please I would like to find out what possible questions I should prepare for and if there's any red flag in my history I should prepare for.

I have a good job and good educational history. I already hol dan MBA from Ghana and I truly attended a conference, I have attendance certificate to back my claim.
Kindly help me with any Contribution
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by EmmyPers: 1:34pm On Apr 02
Hi! Write to each of the schools and inquire about the status of your application, it does not hurt!
NeonDee:
Guys!

I am really worried what the issue is...

I applied to the schools below and till now, I am yet to receive any response from any of them.

New Mexico State University
University of Wisconsin Milwaukee
Portland State University
Wayne State University
University of New Mexico

However, I have received breakfast cry from 2 schools and I am really wondering what's delaying these other schools that are yet to ive any form of response.

Any one here applied these schools or know what the issue could be?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by liliberth: 3:16pm On Apr 02
Is it hard to get admissions with USA universities, cos I know with UK it's fairly easy.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JohnZak: 3:51pm On Apr 02
Reasons for a post-IW 221g in-person interview include questions about your previous U.S. visits so be ready to discuss your two previous visits and the reason for your stay.

They may also want some more financial information from you given that you have a deficit of $26K. Ensure that you have paperwork for the $45K scholarship as well as bank statements and other financial documents that prove that you and/or your dad can foot the deficit comfortably. Consular officers do not always look at these documents but it is better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.

They may or may not ask but be prepared to discuss why you chose the law program and how the degree may benefit your career. Good luck!

aposon07:
Hi please I will be glad to get your opinions on this issue. I am. Ghanaian and I'm married. I am in my early 30s. I got my b1/b2 visa in 2023. The reason of the first visit was for a conference. I indicated I will be spending 10days in my ds-160 form however I spent 3 weeks thats 21 days. I later on in the year went to the uS in December same year for the Christmas and New year holidays. For that I spent 4 weeks.
At the time I was entering the US for the second time I had already received admission for law program from two schools. But I still returned after my vacation and came back to apply for my F1 Visa. Here in Ghana you can use dropbox to change from b1/b2 visa to f1 which I did because I still have a valid us visa for four more years remaining.
I have a full tuition scholarship of $45,000 but i and my father are sponsoring the remainder of my other living expenses, fees and books which amounts to $26,000.
But when I did the dropbox the embassy asked for only my I-20 with no other supporting documents to be attached whether admissionor scholarship letter. Two weeks after the submission I received a refusal under 221g asking to schedule a follow-up interview.
Please I would like to find out what possible questions I should prepare for and if there's any red flag in my history I should prepare for.

I have a good job and good educational history. I already hol dan MBA from Ghana and I truly attended a conference, I have attendance certificate to back my claim.
Kindly help me with any Contribution

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (533) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.