Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (519) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (677468 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) ... (529) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tim37: 11:41am On Apr 17
Pleases house what option am i to tick here for F 1 student visa? I am seeing two related options here. Is it the 1st or 4th margin?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by FAMILY247(m): 12:03pm On Apr 17
Tim37:
Pleases house what option am i to tick here for F 1 student visa? I am seeing two related options here. Is it the 1st or 4th margin?

I think it is the 4th option there, the first one is more Those seeking to renewal their F1 visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Grit2943(m): 12:04pm On Apr 17
Michaelcoolid88:
This worked after waiting for over two weeks using Lagos without any mail, I tried this around 5-‘ and got approval mail by 8am, thank you so much. God bless you
Amen. Really excited to hear that. You are welcome

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Grit2943(m): 12:04pm On Apr 17
FAMILY247:

Thank you so much. The method was very effective. Changed my location this morning and it was approved almost immediately
Really excited to hear that. You are welcome

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tim37: 12:30pm On Apr 17
FAMILY247:

I think it is the 4th option there, the first one is more Those seeking to renewal their F1 visa
Thanks!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Greatkenny2: 12:37pm On Apr 17
Asher100:

Thank you sir...it went through within 10hours and i changed back to lagos to get a date around Early August

wow, interesting, so your interview will be in Lagos? The initial place you wanted? Have you paid your SEVIS fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Greatkenny2: 12:42pm On Apr 17
Grit2943:
Excited to hear that. You are welcome
Bro can I try this? I submitted a request for an interview last week Friday, for Lagos, so can I change to Abuja on my CGI profile then request, and the when approved change back to Lagos to schedule an appointment? I'm a bit skeptical about the process... PS, I've not paid my SEVIS fee yet.. please advise
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Grit2943(m): 12:48pm On Apr 17
Greatkenny2:

Bro can I try this? I submitted a request for an interview last week Friday, for Lagos, so can I change to Abuja on my CGI profile then request, and the when approved change back to Lagos to schedule an appointment? I'm a bit skeptical about the process... PS, I've not paid my SEVIS fee yet.. please advise
Yes you can do the above. It isn't dependent on your SEVIS fee payment status.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 1:01pm On Apr 17
thumbsme:
Good morning everyone,
I need advice from experts in the house please.
I have a one-year old born here in the UK, and she has a Nigerian Passport.
But she only had UK birth certificate - No UK passport, Not on any Visa here.
Now I got an admission to study in the U.S and I have to enlist her in the application.
Now, here is my concern,
Can she use the Nigerian Passport to apply for US Visa without being on any status here?
Kindly enlighten pls

Hey 🤠

1. If you need to travel outside the UK your baby will require a passport (Nigeria P or UK P) or travel document and she will also need a dependant visa to re-enter the UK.

2. Why not cool down and get the British P for your daughter first ? Secure your daughter's future . Although she can still travel along with the Nigerian P and process her UK citizenship later but you can just sacrifice this year admission for her and use it to process her British P. Anything can happen .

3. However , if you are a Briton yourself you may take her along on F2 . She can always process her British P afterwards.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chimax1(m): 1:08pm On Apr 17
Hi guys,
Is it possible to attend interview with i20 from spring semester for fall semester? My school is taking a while to issue the updates i20 and interview is coming soon.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 1:35pm On Apr 17
chimax1:
Hi guys,
Is it possible to attend interview with i20 from spring semester for fall semester? My school is taking a while to issue the updates i20 and interview is coming soon.

Hey 🤠

1. At the Supermarket, Can you dip into your pocket and pay for an expired products ?

2. Spring 2024 is gone my friend. The consular would deny your visa and you would be on your way to paying another visa fee after labelling you an unserious student.

3. Do you want to have patience or you still want to proceed ?

4. Email your admission counselor or your school to make it snappy in sending an electronic version of your I 20 to you . Explain the F1 appointment time frame to them.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mayford: 1:38pm On Apr 17
chimax1:
Hi guys,

No you may not. The I-20 must reflect the updated resumption semester.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by rsogbuyi: 2:06pm On Apr 17
Good afternoon everyone. I want to create a WhatsApp group chat for fall 2024 student visa applicants where we can collectively search for dates, majorly in Lagos (Abuja too can join). If you’re interested, email me your phone number so that you can be added to the group.

It’s a group to help each other
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ca55: 2:44pm On Apr 17
Hello everyone,
Please, are there any groups that conduct mock interviews? It’s urgent as my interview is in 2 weeks. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by thumbsme(f): 3:49pm On Apr 17
Thank you for your response.
Of course, I have an important reason for wanting to relocate.
Now, I am not Nigerian, and she's got Nigerian Passport already,
however my concern is if she needs to be a dependant here to be eligible to apply for USA visa .
Can you shed more light please?
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. If you need to travel outside the UK your baby will require a passport (Nigeria P or UK P) or travel document and she will also need a dependant visa to re-enter the UK.

2. Why not cool down and get the British P for your daughter first ? Secure your daughter's future . Although she can still travel along with the Nigerian P and process her UK citizenship later but you can just sacrifice this year admission for her and use it to process her British P. Anything can happen .

3. However , if you are a Briton yourself you may take her along on F2 . She can always process her British P afterwards.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ajd19: 3:54pm On Apr 17
I just realised my first and last name were interchanged in my ustraveldocs profile. Please, what can I do to correct this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by rsogbuyi: 4:00pm On Apr 17
I’ve created the group.
You can quote this message with your number or send it as a mail. I’ll add you ASAP. I don’t want to drop the link here cos of possible spammers
rsogbuyi:
Good afternoon everyone. I want to create a WhatsApp group chat for fall 2024 student visa applicants where we can collectively search for dates, majorly in Lagos (Abuja too can join). If you’re interested, email me your phone number so that you can be added to the group.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by olumidebanjo(m): 4:22pm On Apr 17
rsogbuyi:
I’ve created the group.
You can quote this message with your number or send it as a mail. I’ll add you ASAP. I don’t want to drop the link here cos of possible spammers
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kjayy: 4:23pm On Apr 17
Please add me on this number 08070705173

quote author=rsogbuyi post=129489069]I’ve created the group.
You can quote this message with your number or send it as a mail. I’ll add you ASAP. I don’t want to drop the link here cos of possible spammers[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Michaelcoolid88: 4:35pm On Apr 17
rsogbuyi:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 4:38pm On Apr 17
thumbsme:
Thank you for your response.
Of course, I have an important reason for wanting to relocate.
Now, I am not Nigerian, and she's got Nigerian Passport already,
however my concern is if she needs to be a dependant here to be eligible to apply for USA visa .
Can you shed more light please?

Hey 🤠

** A2A **

1. In that case let her apply with you as F2 (family) dependent with her Nigeria P . You will need to get a Form I 20 for her too and pay her MRV. If you don't know about F2 talk to your school (admission counselor) in the US that you have a daughter to bring along .

2. However, prepare her future by registering , rounding up and keeping her birth documentations. Naturally at age 10, a child born in the UK and having lived in the UK their whole life and not leaving more than 3 months a year can apply for citizenship.

3. Also if one of the parents is a British citizen or have indefinate leave to remain in the UK by the time the baby was born, then automatically she is a citizen by birth. She can always go back to the UK for her P.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by moyosoreakintol: 5:45pm On Apr 17
Please I need some guidance and thoughts on the scenario below:
I got a full time mba admission in the USA with a 90k dollars scholarship. However my total cost of attendance is 146k dollars. So the deficit of the 56k would be covered via a loan though. I am expected to pay a non-refundable fee of 1000 dollars to secure my seat. Is it advisable to pay this amount or not? And please state your reasons. Also I cannot waive the fee and I need to pay this fee to get my I-20 to get the visa processing going.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ogunremi26: 5:46pm On Apr 17
Please am new here. I paid for my visa fee and I could not proceed to choose a date because the platform stated that my payment have not been approved to proceed ,this UpTo 3days already.how many days will this take so I can pick date for appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 5:51pm On Apr 17
Ogunremi26:
Please am new here. I paid for my visa fee and I could not proceed to choose a date because the platform stated that my payment have not been approved to proceed ,this UpTo 3days already.how many days will this take so I can pick date for appointment

Hey 🤠

1. Okay go to any GTBank and complain since you paid online . Its network .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 6:12pm On Apr 17
moyosoreakintol:
Please I need some guidance and thoughts on the scenario below:
I got a full time mba admission in the USA with a 90k dollars scholarship. However my total cost of attendance is 146k dollars. So the deficit of the 56k would be covered via a loan though. I am expected to pay a non-refundable fee of 1000 dollars to secure my seat. Is it advisable to pay this amount or not? And please state your reasons. Also I cannot waive the fee and I need to pay this fee to get my I-20 to get the visa processing going.

Hey 🤠

1. I won't advice you to pay the 1000$ even if you are applying to Stanford University. The 90k scholarship on MBA is a ploy because the 1000$ is not refundable if F1 is denied .

2. You even planned to cover your 56k deficit via loan .

3. Why MBA in the first place ? Is your employer sending you over or you have a fast growing business with growing staffs ? Is your MBA STEM related because MBA is now moving away from the commonplace MBA which you can even bag in UniLaG, Lagos Business School , OAU etc.

4. Move away from MBA if you don't meet up with any of the above outlines. Someone going for Msc Economics in the USA can as well do the Msc at Covenant University or University of Cape Town. There must be genuine and unique reasons for wanting to study abroad.

5. If you are fine with your MBA chose another University with STEM MBA and don't use loan to cover your deficit . Paying 1000$ as a spot deposit before I 20 is issued is not a new policy but i won't pay it on MBA admission.

Best Wishes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by rsogbuyi: 6:12pm On Apr 17
rsogbuyi:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teledom1: 6:14pm On Apr 17
Anyone applied to DrPH Morgan State ??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by liliberth: 6:19pm On Apr 17
Why not call them?
Teledom1:
Anyone applied to DrPH Morgan State ??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by EmmyPers: 6:42pm On Apr 17
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by moyosoreakintol: 7:11pm On Apr 17
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. I won't advice you to pay the 1000$ even if you are applying to Stanford University. The 90k scholarship on MBA is a ploy because the 1000$ is not refundable if F1 is denied .

2. You even planned to cover your 56k deficit via loan .

3. Why MBA in the first place ? Is your employer sending you over or you have a fast growing business with growing staffs ? Is your MBA STEM related because MBA is now moving away from the commonplace MBA which you can even bag in UniLaG, Lagos Business School , OAU etc.

4. Move away from MBA if you don't meet up with any of the above outlines. Someone going for Msc Economics in the USA can as well do the Msc at Covenant University or University of Cape Town. There must be genuine and unique reasons for wanting to study abroad.

5. If you are fine with your MBA chose another University with STEM MBA and don't use loan to cover your deficit . Paying 1000$ as a spot deposit before I 20 is issued is not a new policy but i won't pay it on MBA admission.

Best Wishes

Hi thanks for your response,

The MBA is stem based with concentration in fintech and I am not sponsored by my employer or have a fast growing business.

I have the option of using family fund for my deficit or what options do you think?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kes4glory(m): 7:22pm On Apr 17
Hi guys, anyone still expecting a feedback from Wayne state university for PhD biological sciences, I have sent several mails ND YET NO FEEDBACK.

Abeg should we move on, the admission window for fall is almost closed and yet silence from the admission committee.

it has been like this since last year

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 7:31pm On Apr 17
moyosoreakintol:

Hi thanks for your response,

The MBA is stem based with concentration in fintech and I am not sponsored by my employer or have a fast growing business.

I have the option of using family fund for my deficit or what options do you think?

Hey 🤠

1. You seem to be on a lone journey and just seeking some positive push.

2. Nothing is impossible (with God). If you have the 1000$ go ahead and pay it but be certain that the University is well accredited .

3. Use your family funds . Don't use loan .

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) ... (529) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: buzritchy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.