Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,463 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (681134 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by olumidebanjo(m): 6:45am On Apr 19
How many times can an appointment be rescheduled on the cgi portal please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:28am On Apr 19
olumidebanjo:
How many times can an appointment be rescheduled on the cgi portal please?
Two times total. Initial scheduling and one rescheduling

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chemist4life: 7:29am On Apr 19
Good morning everyone, pls I got admitted to Temple University for fall 2024,and the resumption date is 26th of August 2024,but I am yet to receive any response in regards to funding. Please what can I do
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by FIZZBEE: 9:34am On Apr 19
Greetings everyone,
I'm a national diploma holder and looking forward to study in the US for undergraduate studies, I would like to ask all honorable members of this forum if, I'm to apply to any school of my choice as first-year student or as transfer student.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mayford: 9:47am On Apr 19
Chemist4life:
Good morning everyone, pls I got admitted to Temple University for fall 2024,and the resumption date is 26th of August 2024,but I am yet to receive any response in regards to funding. Please what can I do

Funding may not come on a platter of gold. You'd have to seek funding.

Send an email to notable faculty members or professors in your department or the school information center indicating your interest in a Graduate Assistantship position or scholarship opportunities/tuition waivers. Their details are available on the school's website.

Most of the time, information about funding is usually on the school's website. You'd have to make some findings.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mayford: 9:49am On Apr 19
FIZZBEE:
Greetings everyone,
I'm a national diploma holder and looking forward to study in the US for undergraduate studies, I would like to ask all honorable members of this forum if, I'm to apply to any school of my choice as first-year student or as transfer student.

First year (if your ND is accepted for your program of choice). Check with the specific school admission requirements.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by FIZZBEE: 10:00am On Apr 19
mayford:

First year (if your ND is accepted for your program of choice). Check with the specific school admission requirements.
Thanks a lot honorable
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by olutobi123: 11:09am On Apr 19
Let this be your last time falsely accusing me. If not, I will report you.
Tranquility2345:

See this scammer. Yamayama fall on that your bald head there angry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Everbest30(m): 11:30am On Apr 19
Good morning Guys

At this point I am so worried and need your advice

I applied to University of wyoming for fall 2024 and at a point i got worried because i did not get any feedback or status regarding my post graduate application so I reached out to the graduate coordinator. he told me that my my application was positively recieved but they are yet to find a suitable project that will fund me.

This was about 2 months ago, since then i have been following up but have not gotten any response from them..

guys is this a sign i do not stand a chance and should not bother reaching out to them again or i should just start application for next fall .

guys i really need your advices . i am so perpexeled. cry cry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chemist4life: 11:58am On Apr 19
mayford:

Funding may not come on a platter of gold. You'd have to seek funding.

Send an email to notable faculty members or professors in your department or the school information center indicating your interest in a Graduate Assistantship position or scholarship opportunities/tuition waivers. Their details are available on the school's website.
Most of the time, information about funding is usually on the school's website. You'd have to make some findings.
I saw this on Department page

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mayford: 12:18pm On Apr 19
Chemist4life:

It's commonplace for PhDs to be fully sponsored by some schools. I assumed you were talking about Master's. There should be information on that too on the site. Look further.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JohnZak: 12:23pm On Apr 19
Reach out to the Graduate Director to find out if you are being considered for a TA or RA. Some programs make application decisions and TA/RA assignments at the same time while others do so after application decisions have been made.

You can also review the research profile of the faculty members in your program. If the research interests outlined in your PS or your skillsets match the research interest of a faculty or an ongoing project that they may be leading, you can email them, informing them of your research interests, any aligned research skillsets that you may have, and a desire to be an RA on one of their projects. Even if you do not have matching interests, you may have a transferable skillset in your area e.g. data analysis, that they may find useful. Consider attaching your PS and CV when you email them.

As someone alluded to in an earlier post, GA/TAs/RAs do not always find you; most times, you have to find them. Good luck!

Chemist4life:

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by FabricsbyBolaji: 4:09pm On Apr 19
Tim37:
[/quote]
Tim37 post=129512165:
[quote author=Tim37 post=129512165]

Please what can i do, i was schedule for an interview at the embassy for 4th of april but i got an email that my appointment has been cancelled. I would like to request for an emergency date but i dont know to do that on my portal, can anyone put me through please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Thewritingnerd(f): 4:17pm On Apr 19
Eh God!! OP please stick to that ABSN ohh!! The opportunities in nursing in the US for you are BOUNDLESS omg. It’s a full door opener!!

Let me give you a cheat code if you’re interested in Anaesthesia >>>
Do your ABSN >> maintain a very high GP >> Do extra science classes if you need to make up for your eventual GP and maintain high grades >>> Apply to work in an ICU position >>> work there for at least 2 years (I recommend 3 yrs so you can save for CRNA school ) >> Apply to CRNA school >>> finish that and earn a Doctorate in nursing and an AMAZING career that pays well over 250k-400k dollars a year!!!

OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

**** How i which to see you physically and give you 7 spankings on your butt .

1. You scaled through being labelled a correspondence degree (NOUN) holder by a reputable University in the USA and got admitted to full MSc Public health and decline
it for a lesser course of study .

2. Why are you in a haste ? Do you want to disappear and appear in the USA just like that ? Accelerated nursing programs allow you to earn a BSN degree quickly and you thought the University might decline your Public Health and went for the lesser one .

3. My friend , no matter how far you have gone on a wrong way turn back now . If it's possible change back to Public Health . It's not about just receiving form I 20 and memorize possible answers to questions .

4. MSc Public Health is your way . Scholarship is not 100% compulsory for MSc applicants if your family can show the embassy that they will fund your study . Don't go there and waste your SEVIS fee and MRV in a twinkle of an eye.

*** Hit me back if you are die hard in attending the interview .

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by FabricsbyBolaji: 4:18pm On Apr 19
FabricsbyBolaji:

Please what can i do, i was schedule for an interview at the embassy for 4th of april but i got an email that my appointment has been cancelled. I would like to request for an emergency date but i dont know to do that on my portal, can anyone put me through please

Can you please add me in the group. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ca55: 5:24pm On Apr 19
ca55:
Hello everyone,
Please, are there any groups that conduct mock interviews? It’s urgent as my interview is in 2 weeks. Thank you

Hello everyone 🙏🙏🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mayford: 6:49pm On Apr 19
FabricsbyBolaji:

It's simple. Follow the link

https://portal.ustraveldocs.com/

Login and select the emergency request option on top left pane. Follow the instructions.

Use this as a guide if you have further questions

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ci/ci-niv-emergencyappointment.html
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tranquility2345: 7:26pm On Apr 19
olutobi123:
Let this be your last time falsely accusing me. If not, I will report you.

You are looking for who to scam here with that useless scheme. Come on gerrout of here!!!

I pity anybody that listens to this clown wey talk say he can get you 20m oluwole POF and still charge you 3%. Na prison embassy people go lock you with that fake POF. Nonsense!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Amenndmore: 7:57pm On Apr 19
Delta State University (DELSU) transcript

Hi everyone, as the title says please how do I get a Delta State University Nigeria transcript sent from Nigeria? Their website isn't recognizing my matric number for some reason. Any help will be appreciated.

https://delsutranscript.online/users/serviceDetails.php?q=MQ==

This one is not working.

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 10:03pm On Apr 19
Everbest30:
Good morning Guys

At this point I am so worried and need your advice

I applied to University of wyoming for fall 2024 and at a point i got worried because i did not get any feedback or status regarding my post graduate application so I reached out to the graduate coordinator. he told me that my my application was positively recieved but they are yet to find a suitable project that will fund me.

This was about 2 months ago, since then i have been following up but have not gotten any response from them..

guys is this a sign i do not stand a chance and should not bother reaching out to them again or i should just start application for next fall .

guys i really need your advices . i am so perpexeled. cry cry

Studying requires patience.
If they don't have funding yet then how will your study be funded.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Gist9ja: 12:00am On Apr 20
Amenndmore:
Delta State University (DELSU) transcript

Hi everyone, as the title says please how do I get a Delta State University Nigeria transcript sent from Nigeria? Their website isn't recognizing my matric number for some reason. Any help will be appreciated.

https://delsutranscript.online/users/serviceDetails.php?q=MQ==

This one is not working.

Thank you

Use Facebook. Search for current students and they can help you out with happenings around the school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tinafusty: 9:08am On Apr 20
Pls someone should help, how can someone fill ds-160 for each Family members going together for visa interview .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 4:12pm On Apr 20
Is it mandatory to schedule a DHL pick up? Or just go there and get your passport after visa stamp
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 9:46pm On Apr 20
fearlessfang:
Is it mandatory to schedule a DHL pick up? Or just go there and get your passport after visa stamp
Passports are picked up at DHL.
That's the option available for pick-up
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 10:36pm On Apr 20
Taal17:

Passports are picked up at DHL.
That's the option available for pick-up
I don’t think you read the question. Read to understand and not respond
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 10:37pm On Apr 20
Is it mandatory to schedule a DHL pick up? Or just go there and get your passport after visa/ passport is available for pick up?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Phayn: 11:09pm On Apr 20
Please is it compulsory for a sponsor’s financial statement to be from a domiciliary account?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nairalandforme: 1:03am On Apr 21
rsogbuyi:
Good afternoon everyone. I want to create a WhatsApp group chat for fall 2024 student visa applicants where we can collectively search for dates, majorly in Lagos (Abuja too can join). If you’re interested, email me your phone number so that you can be added to the group.

It’s a group to help each other

I am interested
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mayford: 7:39am On Apr 21
fearlessfang:
Is it mandatory to schedule a DHL pick up? Or just go there and get your passport after visa/ passport is available for pick up?

There's no scheduling! You MUST pick up at the DHL location you selected on your UStraveldocs profile anytime within 14 days, after you have received notification via SMS or email that your passport is ready for collection.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mayford: 7:40am On Apr 21
Phayn:
Please is it compulsory for a sponsor’s financial statement to be from a domiciliary account?

No, it is not.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DaveOg: 2:04pm On Apr 21
Please add me: 09011757923
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DaveOg: 2:22pm On Apr 21
olumidebanjo:

I’ve created the group.
You can quote this message with your number or send it as a mail. I’ll add you ASAP. I don’t want to drop the link here cos of possible spammers

Please add me: 09011757923

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (531) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: ARISTOCRATDAMMY1(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.