Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,665 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (536) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (706764 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teledom1: 12:22am On May 11
ajoke1824:

Hi. I'm going to morgan state university. What's the update on your end? Have you gotten funding or your I-20. What program?

Hello , what’s the recent update on your application
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cath1234(f): 1:04am On May 11
Please any one in Drake university?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Rotex111(m): 5:22am On May 11
If you prefer another master they will not consider your masters cgpa. I think you have better chance in PhD because your high cgpa in master has compensate low cgpa in bachelor.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by charlfay: 6:06pm On May 11
Rotex111:
If you prefer another master they will not consider your masters cgpa. I think you have better chance in PhD because your high cgpa in master has compensate low cgpa in bachelor.
I dont want to go for a Phd because I know how competitive and stressful Phd study is, and I do not have any publications or interest in long term research work, hence why I am choosing to do a second masters. The admission officer in my school of interest advices I evaluate my masters transcript course by course so that I may be able to transfer credits, but I just wanted to hear from anyone here on what is usually obtainable in my case. Also, please would there be a problem at the embassy with the VO if I say I am going for a second masters?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mayford: 7:36pm On May 11
charlfay:
I dont want to go for a Phd because I know how competitive and stressful Phd study is, and I do not have any publications or interest in long term research work, hence why I am choosing to do a second masters. The admission officer in my school of interest advices I evaluate my masters transcript course by course so that I may be able to transfer credits, but I just wanted to hear from anyone here on what is usually obtainable in my case. Also, please would there be a problem at the embassy with the VO if I say I am going for a second masters?

You can follow the advice of the admission officer. You just have to explain/defend with good reason why a second Master's degree is useful and relevant to you, to the Consul.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Toyin600: 7:57pm On May 11
Kindly please add me to the F1 visa interview application and date whatsapp group.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Toyin600: 8:02pm On May 11
mother2012:

Hello, can you pls add me to the group on 07032110500.

Thank you

Please add me too 08160094119 @rsogbuyi
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Charlex23(m): 9:11pm On May 11
charlfay:
Goodafternoon everyone. Please I have a question and I would appreciate if anyone can help with answers. So I have a Bsc degree and a previous masters degree and I intend going for a second masters degree in the US. But I am not sure if I am to apply to schools using my Bsc degree or my previous masters degree. I do not know which of my degrees I am to evaluate. I have a CGPA of 2.71 in my Bsc, and 4.62 CGPA in my masters.
Sorry to ask. What university in USA did you study your masters degree with a cgpa of 2.7 in Bsc. I’m curious to know. Please kindly help out
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by charlfay: 10:40pm On May 11
Charlex23:

Sorry to ask. What university in USA did you study your masters degree with a cgpa of 2.7 in Bsc. I’m curious to know. Please kindly help out
I dont understand your question, kindly rephrase
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Keyin: 11:27pm On May 11
Please, who has an idea about this: Can someone who has a valid F1 Visa and Nigerian passport pass through Charles De Gaulle airport in Paris France without transit visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Somatohadidas(m): 12:08am On May 12
Keyin:
Please, who has an idea about this: Can someone who has a valid F1 Visa and Nigerian passport pass through Charles De Gaulle airport in Paris France without transit visa?

I don't think you will need a transit visa if you are not leaving the airport.

However, you can cross-check with the airline you want to use.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bmichael22: 12:23am On May 12
I'd love to be added to the group pls. 09052291173

rsogbuyi:
Good afternoon everyone. I want to create a WhatsApp group chat for fall 2024 student visa applicants where we can collectively search for dates, majorly in Lagos (Abuja too can join). If you’re interested, email me your phone number so that you can be added to the group.

It’s a group to help each other
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by missidy: 1:22am On May 12
Please who has any experience with university of Rhode island? I have sent messages to the emails they put on their website yet no response from any till today. They didn't even put the contract of the graduate coordinator unlike other schools. It's so frustrating. How can someone contact them?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:43am On May 12
Keyin:
Yes, you can transit through CDG airport in France with a valid F1 visa. However, this is only applicable if you are transiting solely through CDG and not any additional Schengen countries. If your transit involves two Schengen countries, then you will need a Schengen visa. Your B visa or F visa, which is a U.S. visa, generally allows you to transit through Schengen without a transit visa. This is provided that your transit involves only one country and not two, as some tickets may have two stops.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Keyin: 3:48am On May 12
Ok. Thanks

Debbieeeeeee:

Yes, you can transit through CDG airport in France with a valid F1 visa. However, this is only applicable if you are transiting solely through CDG and not any additional Schengen countries. If your transit involves two Schengen countries, then you will need a Schengen visa. Your B visa or F visa, which is a U.S. visa, generally allows you to transit through Schengen without a transit visa. This is provided that your transit involves only one country and not two, as some tickets may have two stops.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Keyin: 3:55am On May 12
Ok. I have written to Air France, but they referred me to French Embassy or Consulate. From online info is like transit visa is not required. Thanks!

Somatohadidas:

I don't think you will need a transit visa if you are not leaving the airport.

However, you can cross-check with the airline you want to use.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Charlex23(m): 7:18am On May 12
charlfay:
I dont understand your question, kindly rephrase
I meant to ask the university you enrolled for your master’s degree in the us with a cgpa of 2.7
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by demmyfranc(m): 8:53am On May 12
Dear great gurus in the house,
Please I urgently need your advice, I have admission to two schools (Georgia southern & Tulane university) for MPH statistics and my deficit is not less than $40k
Please what is my chance of securing visa at the embassy considering the deficit of $40k(unable to secure scholarship). My big aunt in USA already send proof of fund to the school so they are processing the I-20
I don't want this to be criteria of denying me visa, kindly advice if there is way to go about it, or I can still get scholarship
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 9:26am On May 12
demmyfranc:
Dear great gurus in the house,
Please I urgently need your advice, I have admission to two schools (Georgia southern & Tulane university) for MPH statistics and my deficit is not less than $40k
Please what is my chance of securing visa at the embassy considering the deficit of $40k(unable to secure scholarship). My big aunt in USA already send proof of fund to the school so they are processing the I-20
I don't want this to be criteria of denying me visa, kindly advice if there is way to go about it, or I can still get scholarship
Thanks

Hey 🤠

1. Having scholarships or fundings is not the birth-right of any prospective international applicant, and the USA Embassies has not stipulated or Mandated in any of their F-1 visa rules & policies that " All international students MUST secure scholarships or funds to secure visa.

2. Only PhD applicants needs " Compulsory Fundings " And that being said , if a PhD applicant can provide absolutely more than 3-times required funds that will cover the duration of his/her PhD (as indicated in the Form I-20) , then such PhD applicant will however secure F-1 visa.

3. For Bsc & Msc, what the USA embassy is concerned about is " HOW do you want to fund your educational expenses all through your studentship In the USA, not How many of scholarships do you got?

4. If the proof of funds that is being sent to the school by your Big Aunt is acceptable for the process of your Form I-20 then its going to be acceptable by the embassy . Therefore , your Big Aunt is your sponsor and she must release the copy of same prove of funds to you when going for your F1-visa interview.

5. If you have 100% scholarships and failed in other aspects (ties to Nigeria , post study plans, relevant of your program of study, your aunt visa histories, your academic history etc) your visa would be denied.

Best Wishes 🙏

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Blinkkks: 1:52pm On May 12
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. Having scholarships or fundings is not the birth-right of any prospective international applicant, and the USA Embassies has not stipulated or Mandated in any of their F-1 visa rules & policies that " All international students MUST secure scholarships or funds to secure visa.

2. Only PhD applicants needs " Compulsory Fundings " And that being said , if a PhD applicant can provide absolutely more than 3-times required funds that will cover the duration of his/her PhD (as indicated in the Form I-20) , then such PhD applicant will however secure F-1 visa.

3. For Bsc & Msc, what the USA embassy is concerned about is " HOW do you want to fund your educational expenses all through your studentship In the USA, not How many of scholarships do you got?

4. If the proof of funds that is being sent to the school by your Big Aunt is acceptable for the process of your Form I-20 then its going to be acceptable by the embassy . Therefore , your Big Aunt is your sponsor and she must release the copy of same prove of funds to you when going for your F1-visa interview.

5. If you have 100% scholarships and failed in other aspects (ties to Nigeria , post study plans, relevant of your program of study, your aunt visa histories, your academic history etc) your visa would be denied.

Best Wishes 🙏

I have a question sir. I got denied f1 visa last week Wednesday. I’m thinking of reapplying. While filling my first ds-160 form, I selected non employed because I was being truthful, I actually graduated last year august and I was busy preparing for gre and toefl. In my new ds-160 form, if I’m able to get a job that’s related to my field this week, should I pick employed? My classes will start august 21, can I still meet-up or should I defer(the program is only available during fall)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by demmyfranc(m): 2:11pm On May 12
Thanks so much for your kind contribution I really appreciate, your message have put my mind at rest a bit smiley
I'm not really after the scholarship, but particular about the high amount(almost $40k). Cause someone was saying with the high deficit, my chances are slim.
I don't want to go to the embassy with the notion of rejection because of the amount. That is why seeking for advise here.
Once I appreciate 🙏

OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 2:50pm On May 12
Blinkkks:

I have a question sir. I got denied f1 visa last week Wednesday. I’m thinking of reapplying. While filling my first ds-160 form, I selected non employed because I was being truthful, I actually graduated last year august and I was busy preparing for gre and toefl. In my new ds-160 form, if I’m able to get a job that’s related to my field this week, should I pick employed? My classes will start august 21, can I still meet-up or should I defer(the program is only available during fall)

Hey 🤠

A2A.

1. Re-appying immediately after rejection is good IF " you have the money to process your 2nd attempt. I have seen more than 20 applicants who got their USA visas (both F1 & B1/B2) in their none interval 2nd attempts .

2. Another consular is probably (85% of the time) going to interview you this time which will give you the final embassy decisions. Consular officers are not angels or computers and hence , they are prone to errors in judgement, emotional decisions , fatigue, bias and lack of sufficient experiences etc.

3. Just re-apply for the sake of going to cement the final decision. If your visa is denied again (I pray not for you ) then the 1st consular is right, therefore you have issues to address. If your visa is granted , then one of my opinions in sense 2 above probably has happened.

4. Rejection under 214b is not explanatory. We can only judge your reason (s) of rejection via your visa transcripts or DS-160 info. Therefore , selecting employed this time around may not be useful and it can be counter-productive (seen as a desperate lie by the new consular who will interview you) despite the fact of your honesty.

5. Don't follow the general notion of " What has changed in your profiles before you want to re-apply ? Just re apply for re-application sake in order to get the final decision. You may actually have a clean application and failed to aligned everything together or expressed yourself very well.

6. Re-application immediately also presents you as a serious and determined student. It also presents you as a student whose parents or sponsor has unexpected money to spend, therefore kind of justifying your financial ability.

7. Your younger sister or cousin won't stop writing UTME if she fails one immediately after High school graduation?

Best Wishes 🙏

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 3:02pm On May 12
demmyfranc:
Thanks so much for your kind contribution I really appreciate, your message have put my mind at rest a bit smiley
I'm not really after the scholarship, but particular about the high amount(almost $40k). Cause someone was saying with the high deficit, my chances are slim.
I don't want to go to the embassy with the notion of rejection because of the amount. That is why seeking for advise here.
Once I appreciate 🙏

Hey 🤠

** All thanks and appreciation goes to God.

1. Don't worry about high amount of deficit if your Big Aunt in the USA can cover it via her financial evidences.

2. If the daughter of Mr Bill Gate applied to the University of Cambridge and gained admission but failed to secure any scholarship would the UK embassy in the USA denied her visa based on deficit ? The answer is NO ! Her father has absolutely more than enough funds to cover her deficit . She may however be denied visa on other grounds.

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by HenryOlaolu: 3:49pm On May 12
Hello .

Please what do you think about the possibility of having 2 sponsors. an uncle in the US and a mother in Nigeria. Does is increase the chances of approval.

Thank you

OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

** All thanks and appreciation goes to God.

1. Don't worry about high amount of deficit if your Big Aunt in the USA can cover it via her financial evidences.

2. If the daughter of Mr Bill Gate applied to the University of Cambridge and gained admission but failed to secure any scholarship would the UK embassy in the USA denied her visa based on deficit ? The answer is NO ! Her father has absolutely more than enough funds to cover her deficit . She may however be denied visa on other grounds.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Blinkkks: 4:18pm On May 12
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

A2A.

1. Re-appying immediately after rejection is good IF " you have the money to process your 2nd attempt. I have seen more than 20 applicants who got their USA visas (both F1 & B1/B2) in their none interval 2nd attempts .

2. Another consular is probably (85% of the time) going to interview you this time which will give you the final embassy decisions. Consular officers are not angels or computers and hence , they are prone to errors in judgement, emotional decisions , fatigue, bias and lack of sufficient experiences etc.

3. Just re-apply for the sake of going to cement the final decision. If your visa is denied again (I pray not for you ) then the 1st consular is right, therefore you have issues to address. If your visa is granted , then one of my opinions in sense 2 above probably has happened.

4. Rejection under 214b is not explanatory. We can only judge your reason (s) of rejection via your visa transcripts or DS-160 info. Therefore , selecting employed this time around may not be useful and it can be counter-productive (seen as a desperate lie by the new consular who will interview you) despite the fact of your honesty.

5. Don't follow the general notion of " What has changed in your profiles before you want to re-apply ? Just re apply for re-application sake in order to get the final decision. You may actually have a clean application and failed to aligned everything together or expressed yourself very well.

6. Re-application immediately also presents you as a serious and determined student. It also presents you as a student whose parents or sponsor has unexpected money to spend, therefore kind of justifying your financial ability.

7. Your younger sister or cousin won't stop writing UTME if she fails one immediately after High school graduation?

Best Wishes 🙏

Thanks for the detailed response sir. I think I’ll try to reapply if I’m able to get another date before august. But sir do you think it’s actually worth it since the school I’m going to didn’t give me any funding even though I finished with a first class last year and scored 322 in gre, leaving me with a deficit of 40k. Should I just apply better schools for 2025 fall for funding sir?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 4:29pm On May 12
HenryOlaolu:
Hello .

Please what do you think about the possibility of having 2 sponsors. an uncle in the US and a mother in Nigeria. Does is increase the chances of approval.

Thank you

Hey 🤠

A2A.

1. If you are going for Bsc choose your mother (age 16 -25 better) .

2. If you are going for Msc ( below age 30) you can still choose your mum.

3. Your uncle would be appropriate if your age is above 30 and you ' re single .

** My notion above is that responsible adults should not use parents umbrella. Adulthood starts from age 18 in the USA.

4. Don't combine sponsors . Your uncle can give out his own quota of assistance to your mother , same way your mother can give out her own quota to your uncle . In all, use one financial statement and name 1 sponsor.

5. Nothing increases your USA visa chances . The ONLY thing that increases your chances is to follow all visa rules and application policies .

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 4:44pm On May 12
Blinkkks:

Thanks for the detailed response sir. I think I’ll try to reapply if I’m able to get another date before august. But sir do you think it’s actually worth it since the school I’m going to didn’t give me any funding even though I finished with a first class last year and scored 322 in gre, leaving me with a deficit of 40k. Should I just apply better schools for 2025 fall for funding sir?

Hey 🤠

1. You finished with 1st class and you scored 322 in gre but the school did not give you any funding ?

2. If your claim above is right then no better school in the USA will give you any funding because more than 5,000 Universities in the USA has almost 95% identical admission requirements for international applicants.

3. Why not change department or program of study ? On the other hand, the University you applied to may not have sufficient funds available to International students in this session (thereby justifying your re-application to another school).

4. If money is not an issue then go ahead and reapply. Otherwise, cool down to research the reasons for your denial .. But don't focus on scholarships or lack of fundings .

5. Did the consular officer or the 214b denial sheet given to you states lack of fundings from the school as the reason for your denial ?

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by anamo: 4:54pm On May 12
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. You finished with 1st class and you scored 322 in gre but the school did not give you any funding ?

2. If your claim above is right then no better school in the USA will give you any funding because more than 5,000 Universities in the USA has almost 95% identical admission requirements for international applicants.

3. Why not change department or program of study ? On the other hand, the University you applied to may not have sufficient funds available to International students in this session (thereby justifying your re-application to another school).

4. If money is not an issue then go ahead and reapply. Otherwise, cool down to research the reasons for your denial .. But don't focus on scholarships or lack of fundings .

5. Did the consular officer or the 214b denial sheet given to you states lack of fundings from the school as the reason for your denial ?

Best Wishes 🙏

@OyoTunjiUSA, can I ask you a question please?

For a married F-1 student, let’s say his wife got an F-2, and they decided that the wife will only be visiting him in the USA twice a year. Assuming that the husband visa expires after two years and he’s not renewed or something, doesn’t that make his wife visa also invalid after 2years and she probably won’t be able to re enter the US until she and her husband renew right?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 5:23pm On May 12
anamo:

@OyoTunjiUSA, can I ask you a question please?

For a married F-1 student, let’s say his wife got an F-2, and they decided that the wife will only be visiting him in the USA twice a year. Assuming that the husband visa expires after two years and he’s not renewed or something, doesn’t that make his wife visa also invalid after 2years and she probably won’t be able to re enter the US until she and her husband renew right?

Hey 🤠

A2A.

** @anamo. Your question is a teaser but let me use impromptu reasonings .

1. Husband F1 visa expired while he is still in the USA makes the wife F2 visa automatically expired while in Nigeria , therefore the wife cannot travel again until she renewed.

2. The husband Form I-20 is still sufficient for him to keep going in the USA despite the main visa expiration (it's not compulsory for the husband to renew) if he applies for advanced program of study , internships, etc.

3. The husband may not renew the main F1 visa until he eventually changed status (ie to H-1B, H1-C , Lvisa etc) all through Permanent Residency.

4. The husband may help the wife by applying to advanced program in his Host-University so that he can receive a New Form- I 20, thereby apply for New Form I-20 for F2 visa renewal for the wife.

5. By number 4 above, the husband does not Need to renew visa (the new I 20 will keep him going ) if he does not plan to travel out of USA. But he has given the wife the opportunity to renew her F2 visa via drop box in Nigeria .

6. If the husband does not want to do any stress and decide to face his studies on expired F1 visa but valid I-94 D/S ("duration of status.” This means the student can stay in the US as long as they maintain their visa status) , then the wife only option is to apply for B2 visa in order to visit her husband .

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jemima01: 6:46pm On May 12
MoriMora:

Please can I be added to the WhatsApp group as well. Here’s my number: 09120039258

Please can I be added to the WhatsApp group for F1 visa. Please my interview is soon 07037990414
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chaiks: 7:16pm On May 12
Hi all. Who is going to San Diego state university? We can link up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (544) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.