Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,862 members, 7,841,242 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (710189 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by irumole1975: 7:34pm On May 12
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

A2A.

** @anamo. Your question is a teaser but let me use impromptu reasonings .

1. Husband F1 visa expired while he is still in the USA makes the wife F2 visa automatically expired while in Nigeria , therefore the wife cannot travel again until she renewed.

2. The husband Form I-20 is still sufficient for him to keep going in the USA despite the main visa expiration (it's not compulsory for the husband to renew) if he applies for advanced program of study , internships, etc.

3. The husband may not renew the main F1 visa until he eventually changed status (ie to H-1B, H1-C , Lvisa etc) all through Permanent Residency.

4. The husband may help the wife by applying to advanced program in his Host-University so that he can receive a New Form- I 20, thereby apply for New Form I-20 for F2 visa renewal for the wife.

5. By number 4 above, the husband does not Need to renew visa (the new I 20 will keep him going ) if he does not plan to travel out of USA. But he has given the wife the opportunity to renew her F2 visa via drop box in Nigeria .

6. If the husband does not want to do any stress and decide to face his studies on expired F1 visa but valid I-94 D/S ("duration of status.” This means the student can stay in the US as long as they maintain their visa status) , then the wife only option is to apply for B2 visa in order to visit her husband .

Best Wishes 🙏

This issue pertain to someone I know in a way. Thank you so much for helping folks out here without collecting a dime. May God reward your efforts with good things

In essence, what if the husband is in the USA for the past three years (now his visa has expired ), and his wife is now trying to get an F-2 visa from Nigeria.., does it mean that the husband has to renew before the wife can apply for F-2? Or the husband’s i20 and the wife’s i20 suffice

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Hybikay07(m): 8:37pm On May 12
Good Day All..

Any Advice for someone who has gone for Visa Interview Twice and gets denied based on Sponsor?

So the sponsor is based in the USA, and my sister is here in Nigeria... On two occasions now... Once she gets to the stage of who is sponsoring and says, " My elder sister is Based in the USA, and works at so so and so " The Visa Officer gives her the Denial Letter and that's all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 9:19pm On May 12
irumole1975:

This issue pertain to someone I know in a way. Thank you so much for helping folks out here without collecting a dime. May God reward your efforts with good things

In essence, what if the husband is in the USA for the past three years (now his visa has expired ), and his wife is now trying to get an F-2 visa from Nigeria.., does it mean that the husband has to renew before the wife can apply for F-2? Or the husband’s i20 and the wife’s i20 suffice

Hey 🤠

A2A.

@irumole1975 . A big amen to your prayer. Thank you .

1. In specific term , every F1-visa holder inside USA has indefinite stay via Form I 94 (D/S) provided that he or she maintains a valid Form I-20 ( ie applying for new program or continue to study ie Msc after Bsc , or continue study related activities eg internships etc) even if the F1 visa he or she got from Nigeria has expired .

2. Therefore , the husband who has been in the USA for the past 3 years does not matter if he is still doing or engaging in the activities that is related to his original F1-visa .

3. The wife in Nigeria cannot use the old Form I-20 ( which she used to secure her first F2-visa) to renew automatically. She needs a new Form I 20 to renew and she cannot request for it without the husband consent .

4. If the husband is still keeping the pace with his 194 and Form I-20 (eg from Bsc to Msc , or from Msc to Phd or from Msc Biochemistry to Graduate Certificate in cyber security or STEM MBA ) , then the husband can because of the wife request for a new Form I-20 (one for him , one for the wife) which the wife can now use to renew her F2 visa back in Nigeria or anywhere.

5. If the husband has deviated or changed status from F1-visa to another visa right now in the USA, then the ONLY option for the wife is to apply for B2 visiting visa (she cannot use her expired Form I-20 to renew).

6. The best time for the wife to have been able to renew with her old Form I-20 is immediately after the end of the husband program but since the husband did not request for a new Form I-20 then she has missed that opportunity (but the husband can still request if he meets up with sense 4 above).

7. The wife may however apply for her own F1 visa from Nigeria by beginning from application to schools in the USA or apply for B2 visa to visit her husband .

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by agakeem: 9:41pm On May 12
rsogbuyi:
I’ve created the group.
You can quote this message with your number or send it as a mail. I’ll add you ASAP. I don’t want to drop the link here cos of possible spammers
Please add me to the group. 0.8144776445…. God bless you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Greyman11(m): 10:09pm On May 12
Good day all, I applied for an F1 visa interview and I was given a date way beyond my program start date. I was told I could apply for an expedite interview 60 working days before my program strrt date. My program is starting on the 28th day of August 2024 so the date following that preinformation should be 4th day of June, 2024. My question is, is this 60 working days info valid ? Or should I just apply for the Emergency interview already? Please anyone with a valid answer to this can help me out, thank you in anticipation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Pripojay: 1:22am On May 13
rsogbuyi:
I’ve created the group.
You can quote this message with your number or send it as a mail. I’ll add you ASAP. I don’t want to drop the link here cos of possible spammers
Please add 08143042270
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by irumole1975: 1:34am On May 13
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

A2A.

@irumole1975 . A big amen to your prayer. Thank you .

1. In specific term , every F1-visa holder inside USA has indefinite stay via Form I 94 (D/S) provided that he or she maintains a valid Form I-20 ( ie applying for new program or continue to study ie Msc after Bsc , or continue study related activities eg internships etc) even if the F1 visa he or she got from Nigeria has expired .

2. Therefore , the husband who has been in the USA for the past 3 years does not matter if he is still doing or engaging in the activities that is related to his original F1-visa .

3. The wife in Nigeria cannot use the old Form I-20 ( which she used to secure her first F2-visa) to renew automatically. She needs a new Form I 20 to renew and she cannot request for it without the husband consent .

4. If the husband is still keeping the pace with his 194 and Form I-20 (eg from Bsc to Msc , or from Msc to Phd or from Msc Biochemistry to Graduate Certificate in cyber security or STEM MBA ) , then the husband can because of the wife request for a new Form I-20 (one for him , one for the wife) which the wife can now use to renew her F2 visa back in Nigeria or anywhere.

5. If the husband has deviated or changed status from F1-visa to another visa right now in the USA, then the ONLY option for the wife is to apply for B2 visiting visa (she cannot use her expired Form I-20 to renew).

6. The best time for the wife to have been able to renew with her old Form I-20 is immediately after the end of the husband program but since the husband did not request for a new Form I-20 then she has missed that opportunity (but the husband can still request if he meets up with sense 4 above).

7. The wife may however apply for her own F1 visa from Nigeria by beginning from application to schools in the USA or apply for B2 visa to visit her husband .

Best Wishes 🙏

Thank you so much brother.

So the same thing apply if the wife is requesting her initial F-2 visa? For example, the husband has been in the US doing his PhD since the last 3 years (his F-1 visa has expired last year cuz Nigeria issues 2yrs F1 visa), and his wife is in Nigeria all these while’s completing her Nursing degree. Now, she’ll be done this year June, can she still apply for an F-2 visa from the beginning knowing they get husband F-1 visa expired last year and he’s not even renewed — provided that her husband is able to get her an i20 from his school
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Leftrightcenter(m): 4:51am On May 13
demmyfranc:
Dear great gurus in the house,
Please I urgently need your advice, I have admission to two schools (Georgia southern & Tulane university) for MPH statistics and my deficit is not less than $40k
Please what is my chance of securing visa at the embassy considering the deficit of $40k(unable to secure scholarship). My big aunt in USA already send proof of fund to the school so they are processing the I-20
I don't want this to be criteria of denying me visa, kindly advice if there is way to go about it, or I can still get scholarship
Thanks

While not having scholarships may not entirely affect your chances of visa approval, having scholarships can increase you chances.
Also, you have to be ready to state why you're choosing the school with hight tuition when you may have other cheaper options.
Besides, as your sponsor is domiciled in the US, you need to prove strong home ties and ensure that your sponsor immigrated legally and through the right process, and you will not follow her steps of not coming back after your program (ie if she followed the study route or other similar routes).
Finally, you need to be know what you sponsor does, what she earns and how she can pay for your program when she may have other responsibilities on her

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Leftrightcenter(m): 4:58am On May 13
Hybikay07:
Good Day All..

Any Advice for someone who has gone for Visa Interview Twice and gets denied based on Sponsor?

So the sponsor is based in the USA, and my sister is here in Nigeria... On two occasions now... Once she gets to the stage of who is sponsoring and says, " My elder sister is Based in the USA, and works at so so and so " The Visa Officer gives her the Denial Letter and that's all.

How are you sure that the reason for the denial was entirely due to sponsor? While that may be true, there may other factors that led the denial.

You can critically look into your previous application and how you responded to the questions asked.
Ensure you know the details about that you sponsor and how he is able to pay for your program as well as the immigration status
How were you able to prove hometie when your sponsor is living in the US?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 5:32am On May 13
irumole1975:

Thank you so much brother.

So the same thing apply if the wife is requesting her initial F-2 visa? For example, the husband has been in the US doing his PhD since the last 3 years (his F-1 visa has expired last year cuz Nigeria issues 2yrs F1 visa), and his wife is in Nigeria all these while’s completing her Nursing degree. Now, she’ll be done this year June, can she still apply for an F-2 visa from the beginning knowing they get husband F-1 visa expired last year and he’s not even renewed — provided that her husband is able to get her an i20 from his school

Hey 🤠

@irumole1975.

1. Yes the wife can renew her current F2 visa because the husband in the USA is still continuing with his PhD education (despite the fact that his visa has expired since 3 yrs back) .

2. But the husband must request a new (dependent) Form I-20 for the wife in order to renew her F2-visa. The reason is that the new I-20 must carry a travel signature (that is valid for every 6-months) from OIS.

3. She cannot go and pick up the old Form I-20 for automatic renewal. She need follow sense 2 above.

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by irumole1975: 5:52am On May 13
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

@irumole1975.

1. Yes the wife can renew her current F2 visa because the husband in the USA is still continuing with his PhD education (despite the fact that his visa has expired since 3 yrs back) .

2. But the husband must request a new (dependent) Form I-20 for the wife in order to renew her F2-visa. The reason is that the new I-20 must carry a travel signature (that is valid for every 6-months) from OIS.

3. She cannot go and pick up the old Form I-20 for automatic renewal. She need follow sense 2 above.

Best Wishes 🙏

I wasnt taking about renewal. I wanted to know whether a wife that didn’t follow her husband all these while to the USA but was rather busy studying in Nigeria , whether she can get an F-2 visa now even though her husband visa has expired since a year ago
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 6:09am On May 13
irumole1975:

I wasnt taking about renewal. I wanted to know whether a wife that didn’t follow her husband all these while to the USA but was rather busy studying in Nigeria , whether she can get an F-2 visa now even though her husband visa has expired since a year ago

Hey 🤠

1. Yes she can get F2-visa now. The husband will still follow my previous opinion on sense 2. Renewal or New application is the same. But providing that the husband is still going to classes for his PhD degree (forget about his expired passport, he is still a valid student in the USA).

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jmandotcom: 7:18am On May 13
Greetings nairalanders. Please in the DS 160, I was told that fully funded applicants should fill their school as who is paying for this trip. My question is that under that section where one is to fill the details of the school, what is best to write for the 'relationship to you'?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Toshod: 7:58am On May 13
[quote author=olumidebanjo post=129489409][/quote
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Toshod: 8:00am On May 13
rsogbuyi:
I’ve created the group.
0902 262 2995
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:01am On May 13
Greyman11:
Good day all, I applied for an F1 visa interview and I was given a date way beyond my program start date. I was told I could apply for an expedite interview 60 working days before my program strrt date. My program is starting on the 28th day of August 2024 so the date following that preinformation should be 4th day of June, 2024. My question is, is this 60 working days info valid ? Or should I just apply for the Emergency interview already? Please anyone with a valid answer to this can help me out, thank you in anticipation.
It is 60 days not 60 working days and the 60 days is from program start date as stated on I-20.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 8:31am On May 13
Greyman11:

Hey 🤠

1. Within 60 days of program start date " typically means 60 calendar days from the specified start date of the program = 2 Months.

2. You can apply right away but if you want to justify yourself against future blame, then wait till next week Monday (27th of May) before you apply.

Best Wishes 🙏

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by missidy: 8:32am On May 13
Please anyone has an experience with this school?
missidy:
Please who has any experience with university of Rhode island? I have sent messages to the emails they put on their website yet no response from any till today. They didn't even put the contract of the graduate coordinator unlike other schools. It's so frustrating. How can someone contact them?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MzMay(f): 8:33am On May 13
Please did anyone apply to UNLV here?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by dgee1(m): 8:35am On May 13
rsogbuyi:
I’ve created the group.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jemima01: 9:24am On May 13
[quote author=OyoTunjiUSA post=129925512]

Hey 🤠

1. Within 60 days of program start date " typically means 60 calendar days from the specified start date of the program = 2 Months.

2. You can apply right away but if you want to justify yourself against future blame, then wait till next week Monday (27th of May) before you apply.

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jemima01: 9:26am On May 13
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jemima01: 9:27am On May 13
[quote author=dgee1 post=129925564].[/quote
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 9:51am On May 13
[quote author=Jemima01 post=129926353][/quote]

Hey 🤠

@Jemima01.

1. In all honesty, i don't even know how to join the WhatsApp group . I don't belong to one and neither do i have any. Perhaps someone might assist you.

2. Besides , don't join the group that is not authorised by the admin of this thread . Beware of fraudsters.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jemima01: 10:01am On May 13
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

@Jemima01.

1. In all honesty, i don't even know how to join the WhatsApp group . I don't belong to one and neither do i have any. Perhaps someone might assist you.

2. Besides , don't join the group that is not authorised by the admin of this thread . Beware of fraudsters.

Best Wishes 🙏
Thank you very much. Can you help me prepare. Maybe via mail or any other forum you’re comfortable with.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 11:26am On May 13
Jemima01:

Thank you very much. Can you help me prepare. Maybe via mail or any other forum you’re comfortable with.

Hey 🤠

1. The best form of mock interview is via physical drilling. All other avenue are prone to lackadaisical approach .

2. Nevertheless, in the case of distance barrier , i may draft the possible questions and answers for you (after studying your profile , program of studies , travel history, etc) and take you on via video call or phone calling.

3. A closed mouth is a closed destiny . Many applicants inability to express themselves very well or lack of answers idea is their (Visa failure ) undoing .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Phayn: 11:38am On May 13
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by samueljayone: 11:55am On May 13
Good day house,
Please I need help in understanding what to do to help my sister.
She was refused visa last December and wants to reapply for the Fall semester but I haven't been able to get a date. When I try to schedule an appointment I select the option of previously refused within the last 6 months but when I click next it shows "There's no appointment date available" the other option shows regular but if you haven't been refused within the last 12 months.

Please what do we do ? Her I-20 is for the Fall semester August 2024.... can we still get a date or is there something we aren't doing right ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by samueljayone: 12:07pm On May 13
Good day sir,
Please can you help with possible question and answer for a sister who was previously denied last December but wants to reapply by June? She hasn't traveled before, she graduated highschool newly 2022 before applying in 2023 but got refused.

Course of study: Computer Information Systems
She's 21 years of age.

She wants to apply in Abuja this time.
I will appreciate your positive response.
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. The best form of mock interview is via physical drilling. All other avenue are prone to lackadaisical approach .

2. Nevertheless, in the case of distance barrier , i may draft the possible questions and answers for you (after studying your profile , program of studies , travel history, etc) and take you on via video call or phone calling.

3. A closed mouth is a closed destiny . Many applicants inability to express themselves very well or lack of answers idea is their (Visa failure ) undoing .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 12:27pm On May 13
samueljayone:
Good day sir,
Please can you help with possible question and answer for a sister who was previously denied last December but wants to reapply by June? She hasn't traveled before, she graduated highschool newly 2022 before applying in 2023 but got refused.

Course of study: Computer Information Systems
She's 21 years of age.

She wants to apply in Abuja this time.
I will appreciate your positive response.

Hey 🤠

1 If i study her profiles (general info) i may be able to assist .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bolanlepeperdem: 12:33pm On May 13
Toyin600:

Please add me too 08160094119 @rsogbuyi

Please also add me to the group for F1 08101734792
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bolanlepeperdem: 12:44pm On May 13
rsogbuyi:
I’ve created the group.

Please add me to the group.
My number is 08101734792

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (546) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: liliberth and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.