Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (681330 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lolaposh: 7:04pm On Jul 26, 2022
Pls how do I get date between now and first week of August. I cancelled my Abuja date and changed to Lagos because they were releasing early dates but still I haven’t gotten any.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cyingfreeman: 8:00pm On Jul 26, 2022
Shannon70:

Issues like this are highly idiosyncratic and will frequently depend on the whims of the people scheduling. Sorry it is just a very opaque process. I can mostly help with interview strategy.

Thanks alot. I really appreciate your response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JaySterling: 9:00pm On Jul 26, 2022
Congrats all!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by makindeoye: 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2022
hi everyone, i applied for an emergency appointment since 18 july, it's been 6 business days already
any suggestions on what i can do? or how long does it take for f1 visa emergency appointment to be approved
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Peroo4040: 10:03pm On Jul 26, 2022
JaySterling:
You spent many years in Abuja embassy denying innocent Nigerians visa! Probably the one who denied me a few years ago, now you are here on our forum, acting like you care. The Audacity!!

I politely ask that you leave and do not ever return here, thank you.

lol..... take a chill pill bro. he is definitely not your problem! Chanel that energy to your corrupt leaders! Do you know how many people he granted visa? seriously, dont push it further, go home grab a beer and relax!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Peroo4040: 10:05pm On Jul 26, 2022
Shannon70:

yep - you do not need an agent. They bring you no added value.

Thanks for all you do man. We appreciate your time and guidance!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by itoski(m): 10:22pm On Jul 26, 2022
JaySterling:
You spent many years in Abuja embassy denying innocent Nigerians visa! Probably the one who denied me a few years ago, now you are here on our forum, acting like you care. The Audacity!!

Are you innocent??

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Boyco: 12:51am On Jul 27, 2022
elhadji19:

I can help you with this. Just saw it
How can i contact u
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by degxyflexy: 1:59am On Jul 27, 2022
Yes
Richdee1:

Oh! So when you apply you get it automatically??
Or there's a separate application for it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by emmanuelle27: 4:20am On Jul 27, 2022
Shannon70:

yep - you do not need an agent. They bring you no added value.
Hello good morning from here, my cost of attendance is $50k, I have a scholarship of $15k, Mpower loan of $30k and Dads funds of $4k, for Ms program, what do you think is the best strategy to defend this situation in front of your colleagues?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Agbeni33: 7:53am On Jul 27, 2022
Hello everyone.

Please I want to know more about sponsor. Is it possible for someone who is not related to me by blood be my sponsor?

Secondly, can someone please help me to highlight the process of getting study Visa. I only know that I will apply to schools..... someone should break it down for me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Walspring: 9:30am On Jul 27, 2022
Ubercool:
@walspring I want to pay SEVIS fee. I sent you a mail already via faithoguejiofor@gmail.com

I already replied.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SparkleU: 9:48am On Jul 27, 2022
This is unnecessary! As much as denial can be demoralizing, they are doing their jobs. The embassy is not looking for "innocent" Nigerians but Nigerians "qualified" for F1 visa. If you approach this process playing victim, it won't help you much. Calm down, check your deficiencies, restrategise and go for it!

JaySterling:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 27, 2022
emmanuelle27:
Hello good morning from here, my cost of attendance is $50k, I have a scholarship of $15k, Mpower loan of $30k and Dads funds of $4k, for Ms program, what do you think is the best strategy to defend this situation in front of your colleagues?

It sounds like you have the funding portion taken care of - but that is only one component.

Demonstrate you are a bona fide student - how? What school has admitted you? Why that school? What have you done before? How are you ready for this work?

What are you going do when you return home?

What are your ties to Nigeria?

Need to think about the interview holistically.

11 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ogiii(f): 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2022
Transcript
July 25th
Visa approved
2nd attempt
Abuja Embassy
School: Oklahoma City Community College

So my situation is a bit unique. This is actually my 2nd semester in school. I was already in the US for a master’s degree in healthcare administration. After my master’s degree, I got into a nursing degree in a community college, which is an associate degree. I needed to come visit my family during the summer break but that means I will need to renew my visa to be able to re-enter the US (big risk but I had to). I got to Nigeria and went for my interview on June 2nd in Abuja. I was denied by the white lady with straight blonde hair. I was devastated but I summoned courage, joined a WhatsApp group and got another date for July 25th at Abuja embassy.
Here’s how the interview went
VO: I can see I was the one who interviewed you before, please go to the next window for your interview.
Me: okay thank you.

The other VO (also a white lady black hair): Have you been to the US before?

Me: Yes I have. I completed a master’s degree in healthcare administration.

VO: So why are you going for an associate degree after a master’s degree?

Me: Well, at the end of my master’s degree, I came back to Nigeria to interview for a clinic administrative position at a teaching hospital but the qualifications for the role include a masters in healthcare admin and also a nursing degree. I have the master’s degree but I needed a nursing degree to secure this position. So I went back to the US to complete my OPT and before the end of my OPT I was able to get into a nursing program.

VO: (typing in her computer and nodding) so what is your plan after your nursing program?

Me: I will be back to Nigeria, I’ll register for the nursing licensing exam here, get my license and take up the clinic administrative position at their pediatric clinic. I also just lost my dad, I have inheritance here. Businesses, properties that I’m now in charge of. This is actually the reason why I came back home for the long holiday to supervise everything. (I was trying to establish my ties at this point).

VO: kept tying…. Okay everything looks good, I’ll be approving your visa. Take this paper it will instruct you on how to get your passport.

Me: thank you.
Let me just say this, I have been on this forum reading comments about the tiny possibilities of getting a visa to a community college. Yes your chances are slim but it really depends on a lot of things. In my case, while I have a master’s degree, it was important that a gave a valid reason as to why I am pursuing an associate degree. Your home ties is also important. I was really naive during my first interview, I thought since I had already started my program, they will just easily renew my visa. I will say just prepare very well before the interview. Most importantly pray! I prayed, cried like never before. I asked God for grace and favor and He answered.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 27, 2022
emmanuelle27:

Hey bro, how are you doing? I honestly thought you had gone for your interview. How are you holding up? I hope you're joining mock sessions for practice too. Success to you whenever you go for the interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Debiii: 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2022
Please add me to the Lagos interview date 08166489180
Ogiii:
Transcript
July 25th
Visa approved
2nd attempt
Abuja Embassy

So my situation is a bit unique. This is actually my 2nd semester in school. I was already in the US for a master’s degree in healthcare administration. After my master’s degree, I got into a nursing degree in a community college, which is an associate degree. I needed to come visit my family during the summer break but that means I will need to renew my visa to be able to re-enter the US (big risk but I had to). I got to Nigeria and went for my interview on June 2nd in Abuja. I was denied by the white lady with straight blonde hair. I was devastated but I summoned courage, joined a WhatsApp group and got another date for July 25th at Abuja embassy.
VO: I can see I was the one who interviewed you before, please go to the next window for your interview.

Me: Well, at the end of my master’s degree, I came back to Nigeria to interview for a clinic administrative position at a teaching hospital but the qualifications for the role include a masters in healthcare admin and also a nursing degree. I have the master’s degree but I needed a nursing degree to secure this position. So I went back to the US to complete my OPT and before the end of my OPT I was able to get into a nursing program.

VO: (typing in her computer and nodding) so what is your plan after your nursing program?

Me: I will be back to Nigeria, I’ll register for the nursing licensing exam here, get my license and take up the clinic administrative position at their pediatric clinic. I also just lost my dad, I have inheritance here. Businesses, properties that I’m now in charge of. This is actually the reason why I came back home for the long holiday to supervise everything. (I was trying to establish my ties at this point).

VO: kept tying…. Okay everything looks good, I’ll be approving your visa. Take this paper it will instruct you on how to get your passport.

Me: thank you.
Let me just say this, I have been on this forum reading comments about the tiny possibilities of getting a visa to a community college. Yes your chances are slim but it really depends on a lot of things. In my case, while I have a master’s degree, it was important that a gave a valid reason as to why I am pursuing an associate degree. Your home ties is also important. I was really naive during my first interview, I thought since I had already started my program, they will just easily renew my visa. I will say just prepare very well before the interview. Most importantly pray! I prayed, cried like never before. I asked God for grace and favor and He answered.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MLNaz: 12:59pm On Jul 27, 2022
CONGRATULATIONS DEAR....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MLNaz: 1:01pm On Jul 27, 2022
And me as well oh, please i need to be added as well, 08133063352 thank you.

Debiii:
Please add me to the Lagos interview date 08166489180
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cutieflaky: 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2022
Please can you send the link to the whatsapp Lagos interview date search �. I would appreciate it if you can send it here or as a DM.

[quote author=Ogiii post=115130985]Transcript
July 25th
Visa approved
2nd attempt
Abuja Embassy

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chikeluba25(m): 2:18pm On Jul 27, 2022
Good day all.
Please I am finding it difficult to pay my SEVIS fee through westerunion after generating remitta. Please I need help on how to go about it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Adukeadeomooba: 2:30pm On Jul 27, 2022
Cutieflaky:
Please can you send the link to the whatsapp Lagos interview date search �. I would appreciate it if you can send it here or as a DM.

Congratulations are in order!!

Pls I just got denied 214b in lagos, pls can I reapply and interview in abuja. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Adukeadeomooba: 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2022
Pls I just got denied in Lagos today. 214b
I want to confirm if i can reapply immediately?
And should i choose denied or initial in the application?

Pls its urgent guys
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JaySterling: 2:38pm On Jul 27, 2022
Adukeadeomooba:
Pls I just got denied in Lagos today. 214b
I want to confirm if i can reapply immediately?
And should i choose denied or initial in the application?

Pls its urgent guys
You are asking for our opinion without sharing your transcripts

Lols. Nobody should answer this person
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JaySterling: 2:40pm On Jul 27, 2022
Cutieflaky:

your transcript is not complete, please finish up. Thanks and congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 2:43pm On Jul 27, 2022
you can not pay SEVIS in Nigeria.
Ask friends or family in the USA to help you.
Hit Walsprings here to help you.

I would have helped but I do not need naira for now.

Besides remitta is a Nigerian government thing.
Chikeluba25:
Good day all.
Please I am finding it difficult to pay my SEVIS fee through westerunion after generating remitta. Please I need help on how to go about it?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Adukeadeomooba: 2:49pm On Jul 27, 2022
JaySterling:
You are asking for our opinion without sharing your transcripts

Lols. Nobody should answer this person

Apologies. I will post my transcript
I didn’t realise. I apologize
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ardedaryor(m): 3:02pm On Jul 27, 2022
Please DM me the whatsapp group link. Thank you
Ogiii:
Transcript
July 25th
Visa approved
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Adukeadeomooba: 3:03pm On Jul 27, 2022
Adukeadeomooba:

Apologies. I will post my transcript
I didn’t realise. I apologize

Lagos Embassy
Funding : 30,000
Deficit : 39,459 (personal savings and family)
Current job: Research Assistant at IITA
American University
White lady

The bald headed guy was dashing blue paper up to 25 back to back. He gave about 2 people sha.

Vo: pass i20
Me: there you go

Vo: Alot of people are going to this university why?
Me: i guess its a top notch uni and students want to enjoy the educational value they have to offer

Vo: what do you do
Me. I’m a research assistant at iita in ibadan and my rolea includes.......

Vo; i see you studied in the Uk before, why US now.
Me. US will give me the added value to be promoted to the role of research fellow in my department at my present employment

Vo: tell me about your funding
Me. Asides the 30k scholarship i will be paying the deficit with from my personal savings and my mum will sponsor the rest.

Vo; what does she do
Me. She’s a marketing manager at hhhhhh
And she makes 7.5m.
She also has properties that were willed to her by my father (actually tru) and the total annual rent is 50m (I started to starmer dunno why)

Vo: do u have her account statements
I passed it to

Sorry you are not eligible at this time

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MzWendy: 3:13pm On Jul 27, 2022
machoboss:

You can defer your admission anytime, deferring admission have nothing to do with Visa appointment date.
I will advice that you wait until you receive the response of the expedited appointment before you decide to defer your admission or not.

Okay. Thanks.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (531) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: mayford, olabs201(m), Labizbeauties, linsa01(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.