Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,441 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (681119 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ukiwe101: 3:14pm On Jul 27, 2022
Walspring:

I already replied.
please I want to pay SEVIS fee.
Kindly send me an email @walspring

ukpai.ukiwe@abiastateuniversity.edu.ng
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MzWendy: 3:16pm On Jul 27, 2022
chibertha:
After you get a date.

Okay. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Abidecdrock(m): 3:16pm On Jul 27, 2022
emmanuelle27:
Hello good morning from here, my cost of attendance is $50k, I have a scholarship of $15k, Mpower loan of $30k and Dads funds of $4k, for Ms program, what do you think is the best strategy to defend this situation in front of your colleagues?

What are the requirements for the mpower loan, did you apply for the 30k initially or that was what they approved for you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cutieflaky: 3:20pm On Jul 27, 2022
What transcript? I requested for Lagos date search Whatsapp group link

JaySterling:
your transcript is not complete, please finish up. Thanks and congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JaySterling: 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2022
Ogiii:
Transcript
July 25th
Visa approved
2nd attempt
Abuja Embassy
School: Oklahoma City Community College

So my situation is a bit unique. This is actually my 2nd semester in school. I was already in the US for a master’s degree in healthcare administration. After my master’s degree, I got into a nursing degree in a community college, which is an associate degree. I needed to come visit my family during the summer break but that means I will need to renew my visa to be able to re-enter the US (big risk but I had to). I got to Nigeria and went for my interview on June 2nd in Abuja. I was denied by the white lady with straight blonde hair. I was devastated but I summoned courage, joined a WhatsApp group and got another date for July 25th at Abuja embassy.
Here’s how the interview went
VO: I can see I was the one who interviewed you before, please go to the next window for your interview.
Me: okay thank you.

The other VO (also a white lady black hair): Have you been to the US before?

Me: Yes I have. I completed a master’s degree in healthcare administration.

VO: So why are you going for an associate degree after a master’s degree?

Me: Well, at the end of my master’s degree, I came back to Nigeria to interview for a clinic administrative position at a teaching hospital but the qualifications for the role include a masters in healthcare admin and also a nursing degree. I have the master’s degree but I needed a nursing degree to secure this position. So I went back to the US to complete my OPT and before the end of my OPT I was able to get into a nursing program.

VO: (typing in her computer and nodding) so what is your plan after your nursing program?

Me: I will be back to Nigeria, I’ll register for the nursing licensing exam here, get my license and take up the clinic administrative position at their pediatric clinic. I also just lost my dad, I have inheritance here. Businesses, properties that I’m now in charge of. This is actually the reason why I came back home for the long holiday to supervise everything. (I was trying to establish my ties at this point).

VO: kept tying…. Okay everything looks good, I’ll be approving your visa. Take this paper it will instruct you on how to get your passport.

Me: thank you.
Let me just say this, I have been on this forum reading comments about the tiny possibilities of getting a visa to a community college. Yes your chances are slim but it really depends on a lot of things. In my case, while I have a master’s degree, it was important that a gave a valid reason as to why I am pursuing an associate degree. Your home ties is also important. I was really naive during my first interview, I thought since I had already started my program, they will just easily renew my visa. I will say just prepare very well before the interview. Most importantly pray! I prayed, cried like never before. I asked God for grace and favor and He answered.
Congrats!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by peacenaija(m): 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to write GMAT August ending. Anyone with voucher or link to reg should please quote me. thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by remmy0912: 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2022
TimePiece:

https:///DaLQqICP02NJ7EOobdkQuQ

Or

Drop your number then.

07031197024. Kindly add me to search date group
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MelaninGemstone(f): 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2022
Please how many times can I cancel my appointment on one MRV fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Agbeni33: 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2022
Greattestman:
drop your e-mail and pls specify...

(A) motivation letter seeking for admission

(B) motivation letter seeking for scholarship

(C) A and B

Thanks

C
emmanuelkehinde333@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Plannie22: 6:59pm On Jul 27, 2022
I don’t believe this. When you book an appointment, it shows on your CGI portal. Is it that he did not even bother to check his CGI to confirm the date that the agent claimed to have booked for him? Also, you send the booking confirmation to yourself and the email sender will be CGI/US embassy email. He did not ask the agent to do this from his portal? Very relaxed and trusting o.

obajoey:
I saw this
Hello guys
Something funny happened to me at the embassy today
Beware of agent ooo
Ashey na December the agent booked and he edited it to July 26
Omo na so I reached embassy oo
Them talk say my name is not on the list for appointment today oo
Those security and soldiers even pitied me and said I should go back to the agent that he scammed me
They were now like I was lucky that they didn't arrest me oo
Help me thank God
Avoid agent

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 7:13pm On Jul 27, 2022
They sit and be forming I do not have time.
The agent searches for school and applies
the agent creates CGI portal for them with a new email address just for that purpose and all
they only go to the agents office to collect documents and appear at the embassy.
and that's why their applications gets messed up.

Imagin an agent telling someone with 3.40/5 CGPA that they can not get admitted to a school USA except via pathway.

Anyway ntoor for them since they can not sitdown and read meanwhile they have IPhone, Ipad, Macair pro, Samsung galaxy series, hp laptop
name it.

Plannie22:
I don’t believe this. When you book an appointment, it shows on your CGI portal. Is it that he did not even bother to check his CGI to confirm the date that the agent claimed to have booked for him? Also, you send the booking confirmation to yourself and the email sender will be CGI/US embassy email. He did not ask the agent to do this from his portal? Very relaxed and trusting o.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ProfDee26(f): 7:17pm On Jul 27, 2022
Please who can help with the link to a serious Abuja date search group.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Swerveking14: 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2022
Omo you get mind o lol
Ogiii:
Transcript
July 25th
Visa approved
2nd attempt
Abuja Embassy
School: Oklahoma City Community College

So my situation is a bit unique. This is actually my 2nd semester in school. I was already in the US for a master’s degree in healthcare administration. After my master’s degree, I got into a nursing degree in a community college, which is an associate degree. I needed to come visit my family during the summer break but that means I will need to renew my visa to be able to re-enter the US (big risk but I had to). I got to Nigeria and went for my interview on June 2nd in Abuja. I was denied by the white lady with straight blonde hair. I was devastated but I summoned courage, joined a WhatsApp group and got another date for July 25th at Abuja embassy.
Here’s how the interview went
VO: I can see I was the one who interviewed you before, please go to the next window for your interview.
Me: okay thank you.

The other VO (also a white lady black hair): Have you been to the US before?

Me: Yes I have. I completed a master’s degree in healthcare administration.

VO: So why are you going for an associate degree after a master’s degree?

Me: Well, at the end of my master’s degree, I came back to Nigeria to interview for a clinic administrative position at a teaching hospital but the qualifications for the role include a masters in healthcare admin and also a nursing degree. I have the master’s degree but I needed a nursing degree to secure this position. So I went back to the US to complete my OPT and before the end of my OPT I was able to get into a nursing program.

VO: (typing in her computer and nodding) so what is your plan after your nursing program?

Me: I will be back to Nigeria, I’ll register for the nursing licensing exam here, get my license and take up the clinic administrative position at their pediatric clinic. I also just lost my dad, I have inheritance here. Businesses, properties that I’m now in charge of. This is actually the reason why I came back home for the long holiday to supervise everything. (I was trying to establish my ties at this point).

VO: kept tying…. Okay everything looks good, I’ll be approving your visa. Take this paper it will instruct you on how to get your passport.

Me: thank you.
Let me just say this, I have been on this forum reading comments about the tiny possibilities of getting a visa to a community college. Yes your chances are slim but it really depends on a lot of things. In my case, while I have a master’s degree, it was important that a gave a valid reason as to why I am pursuing an associate degree. Your home ties is also important. I was really naive during my first interview, I thought since I had already started my program, they will just easily renew my visa. I will say just prepare very well before the interview. Most importantly pray! I prayed, cried like never before. I asked God for grace and favor and He answered.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by aeeshcrystal(f): 7:47pm On Jul 27, 2022
Good evening everyone. I am new to this thread. I've read some posts and they've been very informative. Well done to all the well meaning folks here. Please can you also add me to the date search group please. 0705 565 8372
TimePiece:

https:///DaLQqICP02NJ7EOobdkQuQ

Or

Drop your number then.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by aeeshcrystal(f): 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2022
Hello Chibertha. Please can I DM you? Thank you in advance.

chibertha:
They sit and be forming I do not have time.
The agent searches for school and applies
the agent creates CGI portal for them with a new email address just for that purpose and all
they only go to the agents office to collect documents and appear at the embassy.
and that's why their applications gets messed up.

Imagin an agent telling someone with 3.40/5 CGPA that they can not get admitted to a school USA except via pathway.

Anyway ntoor for them since they can not sitdown and read meanwhile they have IPhone, Ipad, Macair pro, Samsung galaxy series, hp laptop
name it.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 7:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
yes you can
aeeshcrystal:
Hello Chibertha. Please can I DM you? Thank you in advance.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Littlefingerjp: 8:44pm On Jul 27, 2022
Greetings Fam.. Pls I am a novice here and I need help..I want to sponsor my brother to the USA to study business administration, where I need help is 1)Wat is the cost I am looking at
2) wat step should I take
Thank you very much as I anticipate response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by makindeoye: 10:02pm On Jul 27, 2022
please can i be added to lagos date group thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Femrulz: 10:29pm On Jul 27, 2022
Littlefingerjp:
Greetings Fam.. Pls I am a novice here and I need help..I want to sponsor my brother to the USA to study business administration, where I need help is 1)Wat is the cost I am looking at
2) wat step should I take
Thank you very much as I anticipate response

So I believe different schools have different cost of attendance, maybe you can start off by using Google. I believe that's the first step.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bigfrancis21: 11:44pm On Jul 27, 2022
anikemoses:
No way except u can get a citizen to co-sign for u which is like finding a needle in a haystack...The other option is to at least have a year’s tuition ,so that once you’re used to the system , u can find a way around it, which is also not easy coz u can’t serve 2 masters at same time..I know some people will start telling y’all tales about people that survived it..oh well, u don’t want to be working under table to $7/hr and at the end, you’re out of status and can’t get reinstated unless u get married or come back to naija and reapply...

Hey guys,

With a sad heart I regret to announce the passing of one of our long-time members and contributors, anikemoses, who passed away last month. He has been laid to rest. He was a graduate of Troy University and was very active on this thread between 2015 and 2018.

My very good friend, paddy, business partner, crypto expert etc. May his gentle soul Rest In Peace.

18 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MelaninGemstone(f): 11:46pm On Jul 27, 2022
More transcripts please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MelaninGemstone(f): 11:47pm On Jul 27, 2022
makindeoye:
please can i be added to lagos date group thanks
For Abuja and Lagos Date Search WhatsApp Groups

Add up the admin and tell him to add you to whichever you want

+234 703 234 9294
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by wolfenstein(m): 11:51pm On Jul 27, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NUELUSA2023: 12:51am On Jul 28, 2022
peacenaija:
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to write GMAT August ending. Anyone with voucher or link to reg should please quote me. thanks

Hi I will like to PM you and connect as it regards to GMAT. Hope that's Okay? Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 12:57am On Jul 28, 2022
bigfrancis21:

Hey guys,

With a sad heart I regret to announce the passing of one of our long-time members and contributors, anikemoses, who passed away last month. He has been laid to rest. He was a graduate of Troy University and was very active on this thread between 2015 and 2018.

My very good friend, paddy, business partner, crypto expert etc. May his gentle soul Rest In Peace.

May his soul Rest In Peace.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lolarex: 2:18am On Jul 28, 2022
Good morning house, please add my 08069486746 to Lagos WhatsApp group. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by jOSHBOYY(m): 4:38am On Jul 28, 2022
please can someone send me the link to the lagos date WhatsApp group? Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ohflakky(f): 5:06am On Jul 28, 2022
Please can someone re-add (+2348100717572) to the date search platform
Please please ����
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by obajoey(m): 5:27am On Jul 28, 2022
Plannie22:

Bro you are knowledgeable, some people will leave everything into the hands of the so called agents without doing anything from their hand.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lolarex: 7:46am On Jul 28, 2022
Good morning everyone, which documents does someone whose father is going to be sponsoring everything concerning this school & upkeep need to go to the interview with? Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ChicMpire: 7:46am On Jul 28, 2022
abubaka101:
Hi guys,

Could you add me to the WhatsApp groups for Abuja and Lagos interview dates? My number is +2348115718699. Thanks.

Please add me as well on the Abuja group 07085978340

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (531) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: mcvities(m), Karito and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.