Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (679176 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (530) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Best256: 4:45pm On Aug 07, 2022
Good afternoon everyone.

Anyone at West Texas A & M University Canyon?

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by topbuoyant: 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2022
GOOD EVENING EVERYONE HOME AND ALL IN DIASPORA, My NAME IS TEMITOPE @TOPBUOYANT. I"M A NEWBIE IN THIS AMAZING WEBSITE, ALTHOUGH I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS BUT THIS IS MY FIRST TIME POSTING. PLEASE I NEED AN URGENT ASSISTANCE FROM ANY GOOD SAMARITHAN. I APPLIED FOR MASTERS IN ONE OF THE UNIVERSITIES IN THE USA AND GOT ALL MY DOCUMENTS READY BUT NEED TO SCHEDULE AN EARLEST DATE FOR INTERVIEW BECAUSE MY SCHOOL RESUMES IN THE LAST WEEK OF AUGUST WHICH IS THIS MONTH.
PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO TO GET INTERVIEW DATE ? I WILL BE LOOKING THROUGH FOR YOUR COMMENTS . THANK YOU ALL.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Adewalekay: 7:23pm On Aug 07, 2022
Hello, I am currently seeking for any advice or help from this platform as I have read a lot of useful tips. I have been admitted to a university in USA but getting an interview date has been to no avail, I was also denied emergency... my resumption is for August which I may miss but I'm looking to defer till next year and still searching for dates... any advice or tips will be very appreciated
Pls add me up in the group +2348117430800

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Damilolaonanuga(m): 11:22pm On Aug 07, 2022
It's better you defer your admission that's what I did. Because the earliest date I could get was Oct 27 2022 and my school resumed July 2022 , so I deferred to January 2023. It's best you explain to your school by sending them an email and explaining things to your intending school. They are in the best position to tell you when you will be able to resume so they will extend your i-20 and update your acceptance letter. Except you want to buy interview date illegit.
topbuoyant:
GOOD EVENING EVERYONE HOME AND ALL IN DIASPORA, My NAME IS TEMITOPE @TOPBUOYANT. I"M A NEWBIE IN THIS AMAZING WEBSITE, ALTHOUGH I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS BUT THIS IS MY FIRST TIME POSTING. PLEASE I NEED AN URGENT ASSISTANCE FROM ANY GOOD SAMARITHAN. I APPLIED FOR MASTERS IN ONE OF THE UNIVERSITIES IN THE USA AND GOT ALL MY DOCUMENTS READY BUT NEED TO SCHEDULE AN EARLEST DATE FOR INTERVIEW BECAUSE MY SCHOOL RESUMES IN THE LAST WEEK OF AUGUST WHICH IS THIS MONTH.
PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO TO GET INTERVIEW DATE ? I WILL BE LOOKING THROUGH FOR YOUR COMMENTS . THANK YOU ALL.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by nephemmy(m): 12:23am On Aug 08, 2022
Please need help to pay sevis fee...anyone text me!! Much appreciated
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Schrodinger2(m): 6:07am On Aug 08, 2022
Hamilah:
Pls who has bought flight ticket through wakanow and did not have issues at the airport during ticket confirmation?
I did. You shouldn't have issues at the airport on or before boarding if your documents are in order.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by dubsy20(m): 7:41am On Aug 08, 2022
techkay:
Thank you for your observations.

Now, I have paid another application for to reapply since I have known where all the mistakes are coming from.

I am about to pick date, I am seeing two options before dates can come out.

1. Previously refused within the last 6 months
2. Regular (not refused in the last 12 months).

I picked option 1 since I was refused in June but what I keep seeing is that " no available appointment date" because I chose 1.

Please what should I do? Do I wait till after 6 months before scheduling the interview date?

I am still choosing Lagos, if I pick option 2 so date can come out, will that not be an issue for me? Since some said they were turned back in the same Lagos without interview.

Please and please, house, advise me

Thanks

Please can anyone assist us with an advise on this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by FineDragon(m): 9:19am On Aug 08, 2022
Is it possible to buy interview date? Please kindly respond?
Damilolaonanuga:
It's better you defer your admission that's what I did. Because the earliest date I could get was Oct 27 2022 and my school resumed July 2022 , so I deferred to January 2023. It's best you explain to your school by sending them an email and explaining things to your intending school. They are in the best position to tell you when you will be able to resume so they will extend your i-20 and update your acceptance letter. Except you want to buy interview date illegit.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by RSQLPython: 10:05am On Aug 08, 2022
I remember a former V.O was here few weeks ago giving tips. Does anyone remember her NL name?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Systrom(m): 10:07am On Aug 08, 2022
FineDragon:
Is it possible to buy interview date? Please kindly respond?
It’s possible, but be careful and weary of being scammed!

Make sure the earlier date has reflected on your CGI dashboard before you drop any money
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fabyom: 10:56am On Aug 08, 2022
What if you are a returning student who came home for a visa interview and got October 6th? My younger cousin will resume on August 22nd for year 2 of his Ph.D. Went to Nigeria for a visa interview cause his visa expired last year. He is yet to inform his school. What should he do?
Damilolaonanuga:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by camileee: 3:01pm On Aug 08, 2022
Potbellied:

-Passion yìí náàni... grin grin If you can develop a better reason for Nursing, the best for you. I mean something more practical, like an endemic you're trying to tackle or something, not just passion.

- Strengthen your 'Why Bethel' too. I just hope for your sake the VO is not a 'gerontologist' if there's anything like that. I hope again that your saying only a few US Unis offer the concebtration is true. Because if it isn't... tongue

- Since you said you've always wanted to attend a Christian school, I hope the other two schools you applied to are Christian schools too.

- Please don't wait until you're asked before you hammer what you father does and how much he makes. I can not find that on your transcript at all.

- Practice, practice and let someone critic you like an actual interview.

Good luck.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by camileee: 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2022
hey guysss my visa was just approved in abuja i’ll type that transcript now

hey guysss i just got my visa approveddd
my advice go to abuja ,like they were just approving everyonee and prayyyy prayyy have faith
transcript

vo: pass your documents
vo:you’re going for your bachelors degree
me: yes ma
vo: who’s your sponsor
me: my dad, he is a chief supredendent of police
vo: what’ll happen when you’re done
me: i’ll come back to my country and i know with the skill i get from us i’ll be a very good nurse here

THANKS ALLLLL LIKE SHE DIDNT EVEN WASTE TIME
this is because i prayedd and i had faith in my mind that my visa has already been approved
before this i was denied that’s why i’m shocked i got it so easily
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Peroo4040: 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2022
punchyy:
Hello house, I am applying to Priaire view a&m University for a Masters/(spring 2023) in computer information systems. [/b]Does this school require GRE,I am seeing different things concerning exam required[b]. My GPA is 4.01/5.0, bachelor's degree in Mass comm, would there be any concerns to why switching course I have IT work experience of 4yrs. Is it possible for my kids to visit me or come along with me?can my spouse be allowed to visit as well?

Check with the admissions to know if your program requires GRE and with 4 yrs experience you are good to go! Your kids and spouse can visit and stay with you on F2 visa category. I hope this helps.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Valolisa147: 4:19pm On Aug 08, 2022
Sorry to ask, so i have admission to north American university Texas to study Masters in computer science, I'm a political science graduate but i have worked as a tech engr for computer networking, and CCTV/ inverter installation. I have been attending visa interview and this is my 3rd attempt, my dad left for US last month through k-3 visa (spousal). My question is my stepmother and dad is living in the same city with the school and my funding is through 3rd party sponsorship. What can be done to salvage my situation because am really feeling down already. My interview is on the 18th this month and this is the 3rd attempt. Always on home ties issues. What to do to connect myself with a convincing response to the V.O. I think i need help. @NigPatriot @moshkom @chibertha
Easydgre8:

Even if siblings are citizens, there's a chance of getting your visa. Three of my brothers are in the US, two graduated from the school I applied for, two of them are citizens one a PR. I still got my visa anyway mentioning everything in my ds160 and explaining to the VO. It's grace, that's all I can say
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lord3point5: 4:57pm On Aug 08, 2022
Hello good people.

I need help with schools that give full funding for MSc programs in the US. I have searched and made use of some threads here, I have gotten mostly PhD programs which I have applied to.

I just want to do 1 or 2 MSc applications too.

Kindly help me. Thanks a lot.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by camileee: 5:11pm On Aug 08, 2022
dyk how long to get my passport after interview? i did it in abuja and im collecting in lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by punchyy(f): 5:39pm On Aug 08, 2022
Thanks for your response, it helped.

Check with the admissions to know if your program requires GRE and with 4 yrs experience you are good to go! Your kids and spouse can visit and stay with you on F2 visa category. I hope this helps.
[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NigPatriot(m): 5:56pm On Aug 08, 2022
Valolisa147:
Sorry to ask, so i have admission to north American university Texas to study Masters in computer science, I'm a political science graduate but i have worked as a tech engr for computer networking, and CCTV/ inverter installation. I have been attending visa interview and this is my 3rd attempt, my dad left for US last month through k-3 visa (spousal). My question is my stepmother and dad is living in the same city with the school and my funding is through 3rd party sponsorship. What can be done to salvage my situation because am really feeling down already. My interview is on the 18th this month and this is the 3rd attempt. Always on home ties issues. What to do to connect myself with a convincing response to the V.O. I think i need help. @NigPatriot @moshkom @chibertha

Your story is rather unique, but not impossible. As I always advise, try to be sincere in your application and sell your story in the most convincing way possible you can. Your interview is already close by, you have to attend it - as someone who hasn't been denied before. I don't know what you filled on your DS160, so I can only advise based on the information you've put forward. you clearly have more ties to the US than Nigeria. Focus on three things now - your funding, your work, and your ambition (your post-study plans). This will determine the outcome of your visa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by camileee: 6:43pm On Aug 08, 2022
camileee:

dyk how long to get my passport after interview? i did it in abuja and im collecting in lagos

can someone answer please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (530) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

Viewing this topic: wyzdomania, Teledom1, JungleboyT(m), EmmyPers and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.