Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (703313 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Valolisa147: 1:05pm On Aug 10, 2022
You own yourself the truth and connect your stories especially your work with your career outlook after graduation and then the sponsorship because you should provide his statement of account abroad when asked. Lastly they're humans, be courageous and friendly plus passionate. Make sure everything is filled in the DS160 is true. So help you God
Joeshuwa:
I'm yet to go for my Visa interview... i also have similarsituation... it gets me worried alot. My brother graduated from the school i got admission to and he is now a permanent resident there.. he's also the one sponsoring me. I dont really know how to go about it... ... mind sharing your transcript? Any advice or tip??

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Destrongsam: 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2022
Pls, is USA embassy in Lagos scheduling for August still open?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by taiwogabriel: 1:36pm On Aug 10, 2022
Please has anyone Emergency Request been approved recently in Lagos Consulate? If so, how long did it take you to get a response from them?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AIT1(m): 1:44pm On Aug 10, 2022
peacenaija:
hello house...I have some questions that have been bothering me...
1. is it a must to write a standardized test like TOEFL,SAT, GRE e.t.c. even if the school doesn't request for it? I already applied for a Uni in USA that waived IELTS and GRE even the application fee.
2. if someone doesn't need to write any test according to the school admission system...how will someone tel the Visa officer that the school doesn't request for it?

a quick response will be highly appreciated.

Please which school waived Application Fee for you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cyingfreeman: 2:09pm On Aug 10, 2022
This will make it almost a month since I applied for EA and yet to get a response. Meanwhile school resumes on the 15th of August.

I'm really in a dilemma right now because I can't even defer. My school doesn't defer graduate admissions.

With this, I stand a strong chance of losing my admission and funding which I went through hell to get.

What will I do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by peacenaija(m): 2:12pm On Aug 10, 2022
AIT1:

Please which school waived Application Fee for you?

Yeshiva University
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by taiwogabriel: 2:21pm On Aug 10, 2022
Cyingfreeman:
This will make it almost a month since I applied for EA and yet to get a response. Meanwhile school resumes on the 15th of August.

I'm really in a dilemma right now because I can't even defer. My school doesn't defer graduate admissions.

With this, I stand a strong chance of losing my admission and funding which I went through hell to get.

What will I do?

So sorry. Let's trust God they will come through. My EA is pending too.
Is your location Lagos?

I think the problem is that the "Nigerian" factor has played into the whole process. I am suspecting there is now a black market for appointment dates. What I still haven't figured out is if they do this stuff via the Embassy/Consulate or there is a third-party in the whole thing. In the end, it is the majority that suffers!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cyingfreeman: 2:56pm On Aug 10, 2022
taiwogabriel:

Is your location Lagos?

I think the problem is that the "Nigerian" factor has played into the whole process. I am suspecting there is now a black market for appointment dates. What I still haven't figured out is if they do this stuff via the Embassy/Consulate or there is a third-party in the whole thing. In the end, it is the majority that suffers!

I doubt that there's such. Because when I keep calling them about my EA, they keep telling me the decision is solely Made by th US embassy.

This stuff is really frustrating at this time. I can't even focus on what I'm doing. Weren't they not expecting this kind of surge during fall semester? It's tiring

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MarySax(f): 3:05pm On Aug 10, 2022
Can a family friend act as my sponsor? He has POF of over 40k dollars while my COA is 31k dollars.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AIT1(m): 3:13pm On Aug 10, 2022
peacenaija:

Yeshiva University

Thank you very much for the swift response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MLNaz: 3:13pm On Aug 10, 2022
Yes, I applied on 15th July and it got approved yesterday on 9th August. A whole lot of slots were open for only 6:30 am or 7 am. from 12th August to 3rd Sept 30 persons for each day. so i picked one of the dates.

Please can you add me to the mock class group? i really need to share what i have prepared and be sure i am ready. i have travelled to US before on B1B2 but this is really different. can someone help please.

Thank you.

taiwogabriel:
Please has anyone Emergency Request been approved recently in Lagos Consulate? If so, how long did it take you to get a response from them?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Destrongsam: 3:57pm On Aug 10, 2022
Co ask
MLNaz:
Yes, I applied on 15th July and it got approved yesterday on 9th August. A whole lot of slots were open for only 6:30 am or 7 am. from 12th August to 3rd Sept 30 persons for each day. so i picked one of the dates.

Please can you add me to the mock class group? i really need to share what i have prepared and be sure i am ready. i have travelled to US before on B1B2 but this is really different. can someone help please.

Thank you.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by taiwogabriel: 6:14pm On Aug 10, 2022
Cyingfreeman:

I doubt that there's such. Because when I keep calling them about my EA, they keep telling me the decision is solely Made by th US embassy.

This stuff is really frustrating at this time. I can't even focus on what I'm doing. Weren't they not expecting this kind of surge during fall semester? It's tiring
Well, you maybe right.

I have called several times but all I have been told is that it is under review. I have mailed several times. In fact, I have had to mail them two days ago and today too. It tells you how anxious I am right now. I just hope they approve it soonest because I can't stop thinking over everything.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Barzoid: 7:51pm On Aug 10, 2022
Good day everyone, I just checked my waec result and I feel Sad.
However I came to ask if I can still get a scholarship to USA with this result.
I was thinking of writing SAT to cover up for the maths score.
NOTE:Please before some start to insult me; my poor score in maths was due to health issues and people disturbing me to help during the exam so I couldn't concentrate
This is my result:
English B3
Civic B3
Ict A1
Physics b3
Biology B3
Chemistry C5
Auto mechanic work C4
Mathematics E8
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by pongwa(m): 9:17pm On Aug 10, 2022
I need to quickly get clarification on US graduate study particularly PHD. I was told that you get to move with your family when you secure admission into any of their universities. Can someone help clarify?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 10, 2022
taiwogabriel:

Is your location Lagos?

That's not how the process works. Rescheduled early appointments are at the discretion of the consulate itself.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cyingfreeman: 10:48pm On Aug 10, 2022
taiwogabriel:

Well, you maybe right.

I have called several times but all I have been told is that it is under review. I have mailed several times. In fact, I have had to mail them two days ago and today too. It tells you how anxious I am right now. I just hope they approve it soonest because I can't stop thinking over everything.

You're definitely in thesame shoes with me. I know they'll still give me the usual response, but I still call them with that little hope that something may change. Now its almost a month since I applied for EA. If I don't get an appointment date against Friday, Monday or Tuesday of next week, then my chances of resuming on time is next to zero.

And how's it our fault? We applied on time, paid all necessary fees, followed all necessary procedures but to get disenfranchised. It's frustrating

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 11:22pm On Aug 10, 2022
MarySax:
Can a family friend act as my sponsor? He has POF of over 40k dollars while my COA is 31k dollars.

Why would a family friend spend their entire fortune on your education?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by taiwogabriel: 6:52am On Aug 11, 2022
Shannon70:

That's not how the process works. Rescheduled early appointments are at the discretion of the consulate itself.

Okay. Thanks Shannon!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SALTandFIRE: 7:29am On Aug 11, 2022
p
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Greattestman: 7:38am On Aug 11, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by taiwogabriel: 8:50am On Aug 11, 2022
Cyingfreeman:

You're definitely in thesame shoes with me. I know they'll still give me the usual response, but I still call them with that little hope that something may change. Now its almost a month since I applied for EA. If I don't get an appointment date against Friday, Monday or Tuesday of next week, then my chances of resuming on time is next to zero.

And how's it our fault? We applied on time, paid all necessary fees, followed all necessary procedures but to get disenfranchised. It's frustrating

Hello,

My EA was approved. I have been able to secure a date. Please check your mail if you have got an approval too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kentsol: 9:35am On Aug 11, 2022
Abujaor lagos, andpleasewhat dateare seeing.
taiwogabriel:

Hello,

My EA was approved. I have been able to secure a date. Please check your mail if you have got an approval too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (542) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: burrrnerrr(m), highchiefpee(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.