Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (702711 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NoToTerrorists: 9:57am On Aug 16, 2022
croissant:
jjc cheesy
update me Abeg. Which embassy Una de go through?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by croissant: 10:29am On Aug 16, 2022
NoToTerrorists:
update me Abeg. Which embassy Una de go through?
Everyone goes through Lagos or Abuja embassy.

The interview appointment scheduling is equally difficult to attain by everyone. What people do is that they keep trying to reschedule their appointment. They do it about three times daily before they are able to find dates.

I paid for MRV last year and I just got a date in July this year.

some people create group chats where everyone volunteers to check of available date through the reschedule button, so if one person is lucky enough to find a date when they check, they simply alert others to try to reschedule. The dates may be available, or may have been filled before you get there.

It is a very tedious experience. May God help us

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NoToTerrorists: 10:49am On Aug 16, 2022
croissant:
Everyone goes through Lagos or Abuja embassy.

The interview appointment scheduling is equally difficult to attain by everyone. What people do is that they keep trying to reschedule their appointment. They do it about three times daily before they are able to find dates.

I paid for MRV last year and I just got a date in July this year.

some people create group chats where everyone volunteers to check of available date through the reschedule button, so if one person is lucky enough to find a date when they check, they simply alert others to try to reschedule. The dates may be available, or may have been filled before you get there.

It is a very tedious experience. May God help us

Thanks bro. But how long can one keep deferring their school admission?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by croissant: 11:02am On Aug 16, 2022
NoToTerrorists:
Thanks bro. But how long can one keep deferring their school admission?
depends on your school
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Favourezeokoye(f): 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2022
Good afternoon everyone.
For the embassy do I need a colored photocopy or black and white?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Favourezeokoye(f): 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2022
Favourezeokoye:
Good afternoon everyone.

I'm referring to my documents please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by davichido(m): 1:41pm On Aug 16, 2022
Good day all,
Please help me review this MOCK Interview script and correct me. Thank you as always.

MOCK

ME: good morning

VO: Good morning, please pass me your documents

Me: Here it is

VO: Why are you going to the US?

Me: I got an admission into Emory University Atlanta Georgia to study masters in public health with a concentration in Health Services Administration.

VO: Why did you choose this school?

Me: Emory University is located in Atlanta, is referred to as the public health capital of the world because the Centre for Disease Control is next door to Emory. Most of their faculty works at CDC and they will bring a practical approach to learning.
Secondly, Emory University has a small cohort that enables one on one learning.

VO:What do you do currently?

Me: I work as the director at xx. I am responsible for mapping out strategies for growth, liaising with hospitals, pharmacies, cooperate organisations and other laboratories to maintain a good
business relationship.

VO: Why this course?

Me: Health Services administration will avail me the required skills to improve medical services, maintain daily operations, create an efficient environment for patients to be treated in a cost effective way.

VO: What is your post graduate plan?

Me: I will be coming back to Nigeria and focus on expanding the scope of our service, setting up other centres and pursuing our vision to maintain and exceed our target of being a highly rated diagnostic service provider.

VO: How do you intend to finance your education?

Me: I will finance my education with family funds.
My husband and I have saved up some money and we also have running businesses in Nigeria.
My husband is an xx with over 20 retainer ships with telecoms, real estate and oil and gas firms.
We own an educational consult with about 115 people registered and also own properties in Lagos and Abuja.
Our xx facility attends to an average of 1000 persons monthly.

VO: Do you have children?

Me: Yes four of them.
They are 12, 10, 8 and 6 years..
They will not travel with me now, but will join in later.

VO: How do you intend to care for them while schooling?

Me: They will be in school. And some of my courses are hybrid. So I can decide to take online classes whenever my class falls in days when they are not in school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by itoski(m): 2:10pm On Aug 16, 2022
Favourezeokoye:
Good afternoon everyone.
Anyone will suffice.
We are all black when the light goes off *Pun intended*
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Equity15(m): 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2022
emmanuelle27:
if u have money pay another mrv fee and see if it works
I'm about doing that. But can i change from lagos to abuja later on? Or I would need to buy another MRV
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by techguress1(f): 4:02pm On Aug 16, 2022
I got approved today for F1 visa at the embassy in Abuja,
It is my first time,
no funding,
no travel history,

(Q1) What I do for a living
(Q2) What would this master's degree do for me
(Q3) Who is my Sponsor
(Q4) What are my plans after my studies
(Q5) Do I have any relatives in the USA

I made sure my answers corresponded with what I filled in my online application,
I also made sure I replied to all the questions I was asked in a way that, the V.O won't need to ask me more questions in that area ( like when I was asked who my sponsor was ( I replied my mom who is a ______ consultant with the Government, and makes $_______ amount of money annually, with that I wasn't asked more questions about my sponsor,
I would advise anyone applying for an F1 visa to make use of "Argo Visa" check them out on Youtube, and watch as much videos as you can on how to pass your F1 visa interview, also try and do mock interviews as much as you can as this would help boost your confidence.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ademijuwonlo(f): 4:29pm On Aug 16, 2022
Greattestman:
drop your e-mail and pls specify...

(A) motivation letter seeking for admission

(B) motivation letter seeking for scholarship

(C) A and B

Thanks
Good afternoon, how are you today?
Princessdesewa@gmail.com
Option C
Thanks in Advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lochinny91: 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2022
techguress1:
I got approved today for F1 visa at the embassy in Abuja,
It is my first time,
no funding,
no travel history,

(Q1) What I do for a living
(Q2) What would this master's degree do for me
(Q3) Who is my Sponsor
(Q4) What are my plans after my studies
(Q5) Do I have any relatives in the USA

I made sure my answers corresponded with what I filled in my online application,
I also made sure I replied to all the questions I was asked in a way that, the V.O won't need to ask me more questions in that area ( like when I was asked who my sponsor was ( I replied my mom who is a ______ consultant with the Government, and makes $_______ amount of money annually, with that I wasn't asked more questions about my sponsor,
I would advise anyone applying for an F1 visa to make use of "Argo Visa" check them out on Youtube, and watch as much videos as you can on how to pass your F1 visa interview, also try and do mock interviews as much as you can as this would help boost your confidence.

A big congratulations! Can’t wait to testify like you. Pls wanted to know when you applied? Was it EA? Been searching for dates for Abuja . Haven’t been able to find and my EA was denied.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chimma5(f): 7:48pm On Aug 16, 2022
Please i got admission last year into ball state university without funding. I was asked to show proof of funds and i deferred twice because i was hoping the school would give me GA .right now am about to take it up now again for spring 2023 without funding . But i would like to use my big sister bank statement who is a usa citizen as my sponsor .am kind of sceptical about it. Please advise me if there's any group you can add me please help me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by RaniOpe: 8:24pm On Aug 16, 2022
Walspring
I sent an email
It's very urgent. Please respond
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 16, 2022
Jacknn:

You mean it's very okay??

I mean it might "make sense" to a Consular Officer that a person from Africa would fit in culturally at an HBCU, but not probably not at a Jewish Univeristy.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Aliab(m): 10:08pm On Aug 16, 2022
I am an F2 visa holder that wants to study nursing in a community college but already had a masters degree. Would you advice me to applying for F1 visa using an i-20 from a community college or an I-20 from university (msc program then transfer into college later)? What is my chances of getting my F1 visa approved?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ednut91(m): 10:52pm On Aug 16, 2022
[quote author=Aliab post=115772864]I am an F2 visa holder that wants to study nursing in a community college but already had a masters degree. Would you advice me to applying for F1 visa using an i-20 from a community college or an I-20 from university (msc program then transfer into college later)? What is my chances of getting my F1 visa approved?[To be honest, your chances of getting approved is slim, no visa officer will be aware that you have a Master's degree and will approve your study in a community college. Also, Don't think of hiding your Educational history except you are ready to explain to the VO what you have been doing after your High school education.]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Walspring: 11:49pm On Aug 16, 2022
RaniOpe:
Walspring
I sent an email
It's very urgent. Please respond

I have replied you since
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Talata24: 12:38am On Aug 17, 2022
Chimma5:
Please i got admission last year into ball state university without funding. I was asked to show proof of funds and i deferred twice because i was hoping the school would give me GA .right now am about to take it up now again for spring 2023 without funding . But i would like to use my big sister bank statement who is a usa citizen as my sponsor .am kind of sceptical about it. Please advise me if there's any group you can add me please help me.

Can’t you apply to a better ranked or more competitive program and get funding? Why does it have to be that school?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ILoveTrouble: 12:48am On Aug 17, 2022
apieceofpeace:
Hi, Good evening everyone. Please my interview date is on 19th August and since I deferred to January, it’s going to be more than 120 days to the spring resumption date. Please what’s going to happen? Will they withhold my passport?
I’m not sure how true this is, but will they give yellow paper?
You don't have a case here.you are actually going for interview much earlier which is preferable to going for interview later than resumption date.Prepare well, your visa will be approved but issued within 120 days to your resumption.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ILoveTrouble: 12:52am On Aug 17, 2022
Ajiaj:
Please what's the best way to pay for the GRE test fee?

Thanks
Go to the GRE test site.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ILoveTrouble: 12:54am On Aug 17, 2022
Equity15:
my EA was approved on august 4th after i had already secured an august 12th interview date. The email stated the EA was valid until August 30th

Sadly, I was denied the visa on Aug 12th.

My question now is; if i pay for another visa fee, would i still be able to use my EA??

My funding is really at stake

Thanks
I don't think so.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mercyof: 12:55am On Aug 17, 2022
Lasisieniola77:
I am interested too
I am interest in PhD as well
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ILoveTrouble: 12:58am On Aug 17, 2022
Favourezeokoye:
Good afternoon everyone.
Photocopy of what? you have to specify.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ILoveTrouble: 1:08am On Aug 17, 2022
Chimma5:
Since last year and you are still waiting for funding from the school and keep deferring? Why can't you apply to other schools that may fund you.To be candidly hostest, your sister as U.S citizen will mar your chances of getting approved.

It's very possible tho

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Siijay3: 2:31am On Aug 17, 2022
Good morning guys.
Thanks for all your posts and contributions.
Am a bit new here.
Please my interview is in 2 days time (19th August).
It’s my second master‘s since I just concluded a master’s program in Germany (my interview is also here in Germany), any idea what I should use as a strong ties to home country Naija?

Secondly, I would also appreciate if anyone can help me out with a mock interview. I will truly appreciate it.

Needless to say that I was denied twice back home in Nigeria 2019.

Pls, kindly help a brother, my clock is ticking!

You can reach me ogbejeff7@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CuteRedd(f): 2:49am On Aug 17, 2022
Anyone coming to fort Lauderdale/Miami area Florida hit me up! Good luck to everyone

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (542) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: dboy2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.