Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,814 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help (46360 Views)

HIV Patient Confesses To Mixing Her Blood With Zobo To Sell To The Public (Video / Please Help, My Kid Sister Is In Pains (pics) / Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by dontbothermuch: 9:06am On Jun 25, 2022
Nazgul:
She probably ran off with a guy to another state who ended up ditching her; and when the the battle to make ends meet caught up with her, she resorted to prostitution and caught the virus.

Well if you must know, HIV isn't a death sentence, with the right medication and health care, she can live comfortably till old age.

Just show her love, care and support, don't in anyway try to condemn or judge her or else she might just end her life. People in such conditions are very fragile. You must apply wisdom when dealing with them.

Nazgul
The nine, but the Witch king of Angmar, that dwells in minas thiris is .......

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by BUXOMEBONY(f): 9:09am On Jun 25, 2022
Thank God she is still alive.
Take her to any General hospital around you,ask of Heart to Heart.They will attend to her .

If she takes her drugs accordingly,you will see the rapid change in her and it will surprise you.

Do this immediately.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by phemmyfour: 9:09am On Jun 25, 2022
ebexofficial:
No matter as pikin bad reach dem no go throway am
lol, not with hiv
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by azpekuliar: 9:09am On Jun 25, 2022
07kjb:
MANY PEOPLE ON NAIRALAND HERE HAS HIV/AIDS

When did you carry out your survey?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Voldoz: 9:17am On Jun 25, 2022
HIV is not as serious treatments now for it are as effective as ever. Had a relative with it when test are done the results comes out negative cause he has been taking his retroviral drugs. So it's impossible to transmit it at this level even with intercourse he can't still transmit it but missing doses of the drugs might lead to drug resistance from the virus.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 25, 2022
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by mfm04622: 9:24am On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:
She left home since 2006 nobody heard from her... not even when our father died. There was no contact at all.

Surprisingly she came visiting yesterday looking thin and sick with a swollen feet. After much pestering to tell us the families whats the cause of it she said she's HIV positive since 2011.

Now the thing is what's the Implication of living with an hiv patients and if it's you would you accept such situations even if it's your blood to live with you?

There is no implications!!!!

Accept her and take care of her!
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by CheapHomes1: 9:26am On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:
She left home since 2006 nobody heard from her... not even when our father died. There was no contact at all.

Surprisingly she came visiting yesterday looking thin and sick with a swollen feet. After much pestering to tell us the families whats the cause of it she said she's HIV positive since 2011.

Now the thing is what's the Implication of living with an hiv patients and if it's you would you accept such situations even if it's your blood to live with you?

Is there HIV hospital on nairaland? Abi you don't know road to hospital? All this stupid fiction that people write are so uninspiring
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by rickpat(m): 9:30am On Jun 25, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

I suspect it's now aids too , seems she wasn't taking her ARVs . This means if it's adis she will die soon unfortunately.

How stupid some people are just amazed me. I have dated two hiv positive ladies I met who opened up... They are the best women to date because they are sexually disciplined and faithful. And as long as you the negative gubstay on PEPs you are safe ..
wow. that's quite some experience...dating a HIV patient...thanks for you input
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by mrdino(m): 9:33am On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

With proper love, care and medical attention, she can live long and appear healthy. The treatment and medications of HIV AIDS has advanced, there are drugs she can take to control the virus.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by adeolaben(m): 9:33am On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

Hello, advice her... Hiv is never a death sentence ooo... I know someone personally who's been living with the virus for over 8 years ... She's doing good and doing her business fine.... The reason she's doing fine is that she is using her ART drugs daily..... You won't even know that dragon virus is in her blood and system .... Let her see the doctors at any of the general or teaching hospitals .....

THE DRUGS ARE FREE & THEY ARE NOW GIVEN Every 6 months....

Additional there is still a remedy... Even if she's almost in the advanced stage of it... She can still be saved, drugs will still reverse the wasting away/ weight loss and organ failures.....

Drugs can still work their is nothing different in Hiv or aids ... Aids is just the advanced stage of Hiv ....

Let her see a doctor.. ... PLEASE

Don't stereotype her..... She'll be facing depression already within herself..
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by MediMedi(m): 9:36am On Jun 25, 2022
Once some person steps out of their parent abode, they will start leaving a different life.

Lord, I pray not to travel back to my parent as HIV carrier.
The life Im leaving here is not what I dreamt of, God help my life
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Shyboyk(m): 9:40am On Jun 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Chill..that person only gave an advice..you didn't need to sound that way... undecided

If it’s me I won’t accept her back she may be my sister but I won’t accept her back but if she was in constant talk with with the family I would take her back …

My uncle is an HIV patient and we still leave together
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Chiraq77(m): 9:44am On Jun 25, 2022
Jeon:
I thought all "red pill" female relatives are not useless, why is she a victim?.

If you have nothing positive to say just shut the hell up or go suck some dick

fuckn bitch
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Jeon(f): 9:45am On Jun 25, 2022
Chiraq77:

If you have nothing positive to say just shut the hell up or go suck some dick
fuckn bitch
basta.rd
How was your hookup with the fuvking number?

2 Likes

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by 1b8m: 9:48am On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

I lived with a friend in the same room for 12 years and only found out he was hiv +ve and gay at the 10th year. At that time, he had started fallen terribly sick, lungs failure, fever, loss of weight, skin infection etc. It was difficult decision. My gf strongly suggested I moved out but on 2nd thought I realized we had been living our normal lives all this years and I wasn't infected (my office mandates us to run check ups every 3months), I thought maybe I should just stay and act normal besides I and my friend were like brothers, it would hurt him if I just leave like that. I took him to his family where he was given proper medical attention after which he got well and came back to my room. We stayed for more two years until he moved out of the state for a job and I am still -ve.

You can live with your sister without catching the virus. Given proper medical attention plus anti retroviral drugs, she can live a healthy life and not infect any body. But you have to be brave to this, don't stay if you are always going to directly or indirectly remind her of her situation. Stigmatization kills faster than the actual disease.

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Deicide: 9:48am On Jun 25, 2022
Jeon:
I thought all "red pill" female relatives are not useless, why is she a victim?.
Have a soul, don't let Nairaland turn you into a monster. You are better than this.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Dididrumz(m): 9:49am On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:
OKay junkie!

Which kind human being You be?

You brought a problem to NL for advice and someone asks You a very important question, and all You can do is insult him?

Obviously You're the junkie here. And most probably a very stupid one at that.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Jeon(f): 9:49am On Jun 25, 2022
Deicide:
Have a soul, don't let Nairaland turn you into a monster. You are better than this.

I said what I said none of your business.

All redpill female relatives are not useless.
They are so special. No wonder one is down with AIDS

2 Likes

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Chiraq77(m): 9:49am On Jun 25, 2022
Jeon:

basta.rd

How was your hookup with the fuvking number?

Bitch I have no idea what you are talking about
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Jeon(f): 9:53am On Jun 25, 2022
Chiraq77:

Bitch I have no idea what you are talking about
basta...rd son of a billion fathers.
Who was the one disturbing my mentions back then with this number?

2 Likes

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by adedamola777: 9:53am On Jun 25, 2022
She'll be absolutely fine.
Kindly take her to any Government hospital that have HIV /ART health facility or department. Most government hospitals have.
She'll be counselled and link to treatment Asap.
If you stay in Kwara State, you can mail me and I'll help handle the situation.
With the new Antiretroviral therapy, PLHIV (Persons Living With HIV /AIDS) can lead a normal, happy and fulfilled life.
Thank you and regards to your lovely sister.

YoudeyVexme:

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Ibman: 9:56am On Jun 25, 2022
Hello, if she has not been on treatment in the past and have not been taking her drugs consistently resulting in change from 1st line to 2nd line, which makes the virus create a level of resistance because of failure to take the drugs appropriately, she may be lucky. Swiftly take her to see a doctor.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Checked86: 9:59am On Jun 25, 2022
It is now that she needs love that she has lacked all this while. Treat her well and make sure that your being nice to her does not involve pity.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Freddo99(m): 10:01am On Jun 25, 2022
Pls take her to a doctor and put her on drugs. She will recover and live a normal life.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by chikason22(m): 10:03am On Jun 25, 2022
LKO:

Can such a person who now has low viral load according to, get marry and have children? What are the dangers ?
Any HIV patient that has a viral load of 10ml/copies can not infect anyone. The virus will be in it inactive stage and can no longer transmit or replicate DNA.
Your answer is capital letter YES.
YOU can marry and have non HIV children. So that's why you don't need to panic when you find out you're positive. Early detection give you less time to treat it or put it in it inactive stage of which you can't infect anyone anymore but can contract it from someone again though the virus may still be in your system but inactive. Thanks
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by ancess2020: 10:04am On Jun 25, 2022
First step is to return her back to care
Second is to seek for medical attention immediately because from your explanation, opportunistic infections are setting in already
Thirdly remove stigmatization from both your family and herself.

HIV IS NEVER A DEATH SENTENCE. ONCE YOU ARE ON YOUR DRUGS AND IS FAITHFUL TO IT. YOU CAN GET MARRY TO A NEGATIVE PARTNER AND HAVE NEGATIVE CHILDREN AS LONG AS YOUR VIRAL LOAD IS SUPPRESSED PREFERABLY UNDETECTABLE.

She can live a normal life if urgent attention and care is given
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Bignuell(m): 10:05am On Jun 25, 2022
Curious346:
Is she not your sister? And who told him is a death sentence ..

She needs care now. Not this immature statement of yours
What you said is true but i'm not validating anything but someone left home for 16 years and came back with HIV, you cannot predict his reaction. Alot of emotions, anger, pain, pity. I think we should cut some slack for male folks as we do for females. Him coming here to look for solution shows he actually care.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by lulufaj(m): 10:09am On Jun 25, 2022
Medical science has gone far beyond that and the ignorance of the Nigerian young person. Many patients have undectable load and really good CD4 counts and live a near normal life.

She needs the RIGHT medical help and she will be fine. All the talk about what you will accept and all,do you know how many of the ones you accept that are positive?
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Chiraq77(m): 10:09am On Jun 25, 2022
Jeon:

basta...rd
son of a billion fathers.

Who was the one disturbing my mentions back then with this number?

Bitch you Posted That Shit Not Me,I didn't Make it Up,besides it's none of my business how you use your pussy.

Fuckn Cum Bucket
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Bignuell(m): 10:11am On Jun 25, 2022
sammyscholar:
My people, when all chips are down, it's still the family that one would run to.

"It's my life, let me live it the way I desire. I'm old enough to follow my wish and enjoy what I want," this is where it often ends.

Man you just said it all, if the OP had brought the issue here 6 years ago, i believe say na comment like "mind your business" "she's an adult ffs" you go dey read. But family na family
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Jeon(f): 10:13am On Jun 25, 2022
Chiraq77:

Bitch you Posted That Shit Not Me,I didn't Make it Up

Ohhh, then what was the reason for that?
Maybe you will have access to pussey, that was the motivation for dancing on my mentions.
Or
you were trying to get all the nairalanders attentions on me,but you gave up because they ignored your stupidity.

besides it's none of my business how you use your pussy.
Your mom deep hole right?
A place to dispose unwanted,wasted and useless cum.

Fuckn Cum Bucket

No wonder.
You quoted me in all threads back then, though some are down.

You will still be a ba..stard from a useless prostitute.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

One Testicle Is Bigger Than The Other / HIV Epidemic On Lekki/Ajah Island - Kemi Olunloyo / 9,579 Lagosians Tested Positive To HIV In 6 Months - LSACA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.