Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy (15557 Views)

Do You Still Take Your Bible To Church? / Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? / Pastor Ruth Masuruwa Gives Bible To Emmerson Mnangagwa In Zimbabwe (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by dontrulee: 5:18pm On Jun 26, 2022
It's because you're reading it like a story or novel and not as a picture or scenario.

Create the scene yourself and watch the transformation
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by nuele(m): 5:19pm On Jun 26, 2022
Simple, set your bible reading time in a time you are very active e.g., 8am, 10am, 3pm, 6pm Try this
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by ITbomb(m): 5:22pm On Jun 26, 2022
Because you want to read it as a story book

Best way to start developing interest in the Bible is taking points (not notes) during preaching and going back later to read the whole chapter and understand the context (reading to know)
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by Kelvin3476: 5:25pm On Jun 26, 2022
AbleGodsolution:

grin grin grin grin grin grin small thing, U don carry matchet
ABEG NO MAKE ME LAUGH
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by Freelane33(m): 5:26pm On Jun 26, 2022
Find God
Aniluvreal:
So I am faced with this problem of feeling sleepy anytime I picked up the bible to read, whether it's the hardcopy or the downloaded ones in my phone, I feel sleepy when i want to read it. But I can read other voluminous books/materials from cover to cover without blinking my eyes talkless of sleeping.

I am so disturbed about this, I need help please.

Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by ThePokerPlayer: 5:32pm On Jun 26, 2022
Cus na fiction book and the stories boring... the one wey sweet small na Joseph own, and dat guy wey shout say make God drop fire and he happen...
as per dat chick wey get belle without sleeping with anyone, me no fit comment on dat... miracles happen

Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by Enumerator(m): 5:33pm On Jun 26, 2022
cheesy
PerfectJUSTICE:
It's an attack.
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by Mars16(m): 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2022
First, it is a sin you can carry out other activities without falling asleep but with the Bible you fall asleep. Also, the problem is spiritual laziness, ask God to forgive you and repent of it, then ask God to deliver you then it wouldn't be anymore.
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by Shebbs: 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2022
RedMac:

I asked so I can know why he's sleeping everytime he wants to read bible ...

Now that I know the church he attends ... He probably needs to switch to a more recognizable church...

You Be Heavy Mimu
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by blackmercyvelli(m): 5:55pm On Jun 26, 2022
Next drink more baby oku or action bitter before you read your Bible, 100% it's work like magic
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by spbaba07: 5:57pm On Jun 26, 2022
Aniluvreal:
So I am faced with this problem of feeling sleepy anytime I picked up the bible to read, whether it's the hardcopy or the downloaded ones in my phone, I feel sleepy when i want to read it. But I can read other voluminous books/materials from cover to cover without blinking my eyes talkless of sleeping.

Please, download audio bible . It's will help you ok. And try to hear or read stories around its will help you alot
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by FrauleinBlossom(f): 6:03pm On Jun 26, 2022
It has nothing to do with the Bible, but understanding one's biological make up properly...I used to experience that with reading generally, until I figured that the best time for me to read is in the morning, as I get up from bed. My body make up prefer to read with the day light, than all artificial light suppliers. Just find out what works for you and stick with it.

Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by Bkdson2121: 6:06pm On Jun 26, 2022
RedMac:
Which church do u attend?
The devil is on an assignment in your life bro, wake up.
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by babadee1(m): 6:25pm On Jun 26, 2022
Aniluvreal:

Spiritual warfare is necessary. Always start with a focused session of praise and worship. Allow God to take control then rebuke every spiritual enemy in the name of Jesus. When you do this regularly your spiritual life will blossom and studying the Bible will become easy for you.
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by Slimzazzy(m): 6:27pm On Jun 26, 2022
I just pray you won’t be sleeping during rapture
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by terrymason(m): 6:39pm On Jun 26, 2022
Aniluvreal:

Having a mind ro study the word alone is already sign that God want to review himself to you deeper.

Advise For The Sleeping Part

Don't give God the left over of your time. E.g... Don't work yourself out in other activities before studying the word. You will always sleep.

Create study time for the word, always try to rest before you study. Sleep for 3 to 4 hours
and Bathe after waking up... before you study.

If you still sleep after all this... you need small deliverance ooo.

Never give God left Over time... He deserves More.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by nedekid: 6:41pm On Jun 26, 2022
You own even betta.
Mine is once I enter church, it's like sleeping tablet. I must nack sleep!
Deep sleep I almost fell from the chair once! Deep, sotay I snored loud!
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by Oracleforce: 6:45pm On Jun 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

Who is a terrorist as defined by your Bible?

Terrorist are some Islamic student in Sokoto college Education that stoned Deborah Samuel to death because of your dead Mohammed....
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by Lugianostar(m): 6:47pm On Jun 26, 2022
Though it can be overcome by alerting your mind while studying your bible.

Study and not read please.

Have a study material with you.
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by agaricus007(m): 6:49pm On Jun 26, 2022
U need to pray..............
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by Omolejohn01: 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2022
Here are three things i would really suggest u try out:
1. Read your bible early in the morning possibly when you just woke up and feel refreshed i also advice 10-20mins of intense praying in the spirit if ure baptized in the Holy spirit with evidence of speaking in tongues.

2. Strategize ur reading plan say 2-3chapters a day then over time begin to build it up from there

3. Meditate on what u read for that day and put the instruction or inspiration u got out of it into use or practice that day
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by Nwaja: 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2022
It's not normal, I have experience it before but through fasting, quiteness, few prayer as I was lead, and constant praise and every night for a month I over came it, it normally occur when ur inner lack the fire of the Holy spirit, engage in a worship night with the Holy spirit and invite Him to help out. Do it you will never regreat it plus fasting as u re meditate on God's word. God bless you all.
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by RexTramadol1: 7:07pm On Jun 26, 2022
It’s telling you something
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by ukaface(f): 7:11pm On Jun 26, 2022
Cos it's actually boring
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by emnoy007: 7:20pm On Jun 26, 2022
The devil has done this you should know. The bible says my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge and that is what the devil wants to achieve. Pray ask God to help you.
Here some things you can do, download Bible with Audio and play with your ear phone.
Put your leg in water and study, Desperate situation need desperate action
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by kelmicheal: 7:22pm On Jun 26, 2022
Is because you mistakening the Bible as a handout
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by telealpha123(m): 7:24pm On Jun 26, 2022
Aniluvreal:

It's means God is Far from you brother.
Strive to get closer to him more and the grace will come.

Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by Peskid: 7:28pm On Jun 26, 2022
Pray and allow the Holy Spirit to hep u cus without him u can do nothing. And also pray against environmental spirit cus they are the ones that makes you sleep. It is well with your soul.
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by Streetpriest1: 7:37pm On Jun 26, 2022
Fast and pray about it
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by ATTITUDE2: 7:47pm On Jun 26, 2022
Nothing is wrong with you op. Read when you wake up.

Even school material too usually induce sleep.
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by Lucymercy: 8:18pm On Jun 26, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
Aniluvreal:

The devil is ay work
Re: Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy by HellVictorinho4(m): 8:25pm On Jun 26, 2022
Aniluvreal:

Not necessarily to mean you can't read a single sentence in the Bible.

Well, I don't think the writers of the Bible or Quran would have expected me to attribute any achievement to just what they wrote when I'm Hell Victorinho.

So, even if some of the words used in the Bible or Quran are also used by me to achieve something, I can't find it regrettable to consider them to be useful whether or not they were ever part of the Bible or Quran.

There are people wealthy and healthy without applying anything just because it's written in the Bible or Quran.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Age Falsification: How Do I Make Restitution? / Pastor Anselm Madubuko's Mother-In-Law Sheds Tears Of Joy As She Gets A Car Gift / Prophet Fufeyin To Mathias Ezeaku: I Have Forgiven You (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.