Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,552 members, 7,819,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years (38920 Views)

Some Things Some Landlords Do In Nigeria / Different Types Of Nigerian Landlords (meme Collection) / Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by livinbygrace: 12:53pm On Jun 28, 2022
kokomilala:
The Suoerstructure Attempts To Overthrow A Subculture Of Missing Gens

This is a bold move by the EFFCC. It should pursue it with evangelistic vigour and the single-mindedness of a serious organization. No sacred cow should be exempted; no efforts should be spared in its attempts to rid our society of this dangerous and insidously destroying subculture called Yahoo-Yahoo. If not nipped in the bud now, it will destroy our socio-economic life on a large scale.

For those asking how landlords will identify these ritualists propped as Yahoo boys, I think it's preposterous! It's easy enough to identify them. One doesn't need to stretch one's imagination too far to know them. Besides, their ID CODE of dreads, oversized t-shirts, sleepers, baggy shorts etc can provide valuable leads to identifying them.

Again, those castigating the EFCC are part of the problem. You say the country is morally declining, yet you take sides with those that are washing away its morals. If you can't help solve a problem, why don't you keep quiet instead of stoking its flames or giving ammunition to it?

U no no say hardship and serious ihunger dey dis country?I have changed my number uncountable times because of demands from people AND same things applies to some of my friends.
Dont worry,dey blow grammar,until bandits,kidnappers,armed robbers,starts terrorizing and maybe kidnapped someone close to you,then you will understand that there is serious hunger and hardship in the land.Nonsense.
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Jayblaze47(m): 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2022
Are u seriously asking this question, so if I tell you the location would you go to verify if I own it
beardedboy:

And their car dealing business has no location?
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by pacespot(m): 12:56pm On Jun 28, 2022
Tinubuurchin100:
Tinubu can never and will never rule Nigeria

I tell you, this is what the frogeyed fraud and his gang of kleptomaniacs will turn the country to if elected the president, attacking the youth left and right. And some brianless Nigerian youth are still rooting for these old men who are only bent on destroying their youthful years for them.
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Jayblaze47(m): 12:59pm On Jun 28, 2022
See as u cast locations
Healthrelatedjo:

Lol... Come to ABK, ifo, arigbajo, Ikorodu, island... Make I continue?... U don't know anything

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by dhikirulahi(m): 1:00pm On Jun 28, 2022
Make them come my estate
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Godswilleee(m): 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2022
EFCC is sick....all d yahoo boiz wen dem dey arrest, how many of them dey stay prison reach 5 years. Na com landlord wen give them haux dem won com dey arrest.., PO for 2023
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by blackboy(m): 1:03pm On Jun 28, 2022
Since when did EFCC start making the laws? They have become arrogant. They should learn from Abba Kyari. The lies they tell those they arrest should not be made public.

So what about the hotels they lodge in ans are arrested in what happens to the hotel owners?

The problem in Nigeria is power intoxicates . Do your work and let the judiciary do theirs
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Jayblaze47(m): 1:04pm On Jun 28, 2022
Make I no talk
PAWG:

How many Yahoo boys out there have made 50m+
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by SecureHomeNG: 1:04pm On Jun 28, 2022
Oplomo:
EFCC does not make laws, they are not the courts. They don't even have the power to jail anyone except the courts. They only have prosecutorial powers, they can usurp the powers of the court.

Civil right societies should challenge this statement in court and bring the idiot in EFCC who made the statement to book. EFCC must know it limits cannot cross prosecutorial boundaries.

The only sensible comment. I pity for Nigerians that does not know their left from their right. How can EFCC jail anyone, they don't have that power, besides you need evidence of a crime to take someone to court, otherwise you might get sued. Till it's signed into law EFCC can't do shit
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Carlyboi(m): 1:04pm On Jun 28, 2022
kokomilala:
The Suoerstructure Attempts To Overthrow A Subculture Of Missing Gens

This is a bold move by the EFFCC. It should pursue it with evangelistic vigour and the single-mindedness of a serious organization. No sacred cow should be exempted; no efforts should be spared in its attempts to rid our society of this dangerous and insidously destroying subculture called Yahoo-Yahoo. If not nipped in the bud now, it will destroy our socio-economic life on a large scale.

For those asking how landlords will identify these ritualists propped as Yahoo boys, I think it's preposterous! It's easy enough to identify them. One doesn't need to stretch one's imagination too far to know them. Besides, their ID CODE of dreads, oversized t-shirts, sleepers, baggy shorts etc can provide valuable leads to identifying them.

Again, those castigating the EFCC are part of the problem. You say the country is morally declining, yet you take sides with those that are washing away its morals. If you can't help solve a problem, why don't you keep quiet instead of stoking its flames or giving ammunition to it?

So carrying Locs is a yahoo boy ID?the simplistic thought of most of the citizens of these country is the major reason for her backwardness!

Locs as no relation with yahoo-yahoo please try and be original in your thinking this is such a hollow take....there are thousands of people who carry locs and ain’t into internet scam and conversely,it is your likes that go around stereotyping and wrongly profiling the citizenry.

Lastly EFCc should be alive to their main roles and responsibilities,the major reason it was created was to tackle(investigating and prosecution) economic and financial crimes, internet scam isn’t their main jurisdiction they should focus more on their objective which is to prosecute corrupt administrators and crooked politicians ,pen-pushers even the yahoo boys man-hunt is only a smokescreen as they only fleece these guys and enrich themselves with the crime proceeds thereby engendering internet scam,we smart ones can see beyond their facade.
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by MissionaryArchi(m): 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2022
Julianaa:
There are thousands of them across Nigeria

After Buhari, they are the reason for the increase in rent
I'm telling you bro.
Here in the estate where i live, rent for a 2bedroom flat moved from 400k to 700k because this Yahoo guys started flooding the estate as their new abode away from the reach of EFCC. Now all the genuine hardworking guys are packing out cuz of the increment. Our own landlord just added 50k cuz he has been a good man who encourages hard work.
This Yahoo guys can just team up in 3s to pay any amount provided the place is a safe haven for them. Most of all these landlords are even asking agents to get them Yahoo guys as tents who can afford their high increase on rent
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by rigarmortis: 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2022
beardedboy:

Please shift. No sensible person will rent his home to a person without a verifiable source of income. And that verifiable source of income should be able to account for the person's standard of living.
Anyone who does otherwise is on his own.

What about students?

Going by what you posted who will rent a house to you. The naija bet winnings you bank on hardly count as verifiable income
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by victorsola: 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Will EFCC also arrest landlord for giving their property to corrupt civil servants and politicians?
. Any corrupt politician can afford to buy a house . It’s only the non corrupt ones that rent houses.
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Jayblaze47(m): 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2022
No you for come be their profiler na
Charly68:
Good one.. I saw a house around my place thay the boys have constitute a menace in that environ.. now that landlord can be charged to court every landlord will profile their tenants very well
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by EgunMogaji2: 1:11pm On Jun 28, 2022
These things are pretty simple.

Know Your Renter. As long as you can document that you verify a legal employment then the landlord is safe. What the tenant does after that is on him.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Godswilleee(m): 1:13pm On Jun 28, 2022
Almost all d Haux for my street, na yahoo boys rent am (HK)
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by kozmokaz(m): 1:13pm On Jun 28, 2022
Police act 2020 kicks against profiling based on appearance
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Jayblaze47(m): 1:14pm On Jun 28, 2022
What about those that have registered businesses as front, what should the land torture them to confess that the business was established with fraud money?
VeryWickedMan:

Shut up fraudster
Provide your KYC including employment details and verification will be done. Chikena.

E don be for you and your HK grin grin
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 1:16pm On Jun 28, 2022
favor914:
I know someone his father left him 2 houses in the United States, & about 3 million dollars worth of assets (stocks, bonds, & cash in bank) he is in Nigeria now, chasing a musical career, his landlord in Nigeria will ask him to prove source of his wealth since he has no hit record?

Some of you haters will remain in abject poverty forever.

Landlord himself that is a 419er, they should also ask Oga how he was able to become a landlord?
General problem... Most Nigerians are thiefs.... We can call politicians thieves but won't allow out relatives
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Brushstrokes20: 1:17pm On Jun 28, 2022
Okay then, they should start with the lifeless scammer and cohorts ! undecided..
7 wasted years of unfulfilled promise, lies, deceit, propaganda, stealing and corruption et.al...
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 1:18pm On Jun 28, 2022
favor914:
I know someone his father left him 2 houses in the United States, & about 3 million dollars worth of assets (stocks, bonds, & cash in bank) he is in Nigeria now, chasing a musical career, his landlord in Nigeria will ask him to prove source of his wealth since he has no hit record?

Some of you haters will remain in abject poverty forever.

Landlord himself that is a 419er, they should also ask Oga how he was able to become a landlord?
Anyone not into Yahoo shouldnt be angry ... Anyone that calls politicians here is most likely a Yahoo boy or dating one Yahoo boy
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 28, 2022
immortalcrown:
Nonsense!

How can a landlord know a prospective tenant does yahoo?

Will EFCC provide devices or voodoo that landlords will use to screen prospective tenants?

When they fail, they push the blame and the responsibility to the defenseless.

The same EFCC that, despite its funding and sophisticated equipment, cannot detect fraud is tasking landlords to become special detectives. Welcome to the zoo.

Fighting crime is a collective effort but this EFCC is mad.

For those claiming it is easy to identify a yahoo boy, and also for those talking about KYC:
Some business owners and employees are into Yahoo. They use their offices and businesses to cover up. Even some bankers are suspects. Abba is enough "Kyari" evidence. So, how reliable is KYC? SIM registration, NIN linkage and BVN have not stopped fraudulent calls and fraudulent transfer of money by fraudsters and kidnappers. Yet some of you are hoping on KYC. Shmm! Una no wan borrow sense. Fraudsters can even set up a physical office and gather colleagues as customers and employees. They will vacate the office after a few months of fraudulent operations. Fraud detection is not as easy as you think. Make una borrow sense.

Exactly. What if I house a normal working class guy or student then down the line he decides to venture into Yahoo? How am I supposed to know? Will I keep checking in or spying on all my tenants to know what they are doing everyday?

Very dumb law from a very dumb and unserious institution. They won’t face the real criminals in public office. Be chasing yahoo boys up and down.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 1:19pm On Jun 28, 2022
beardedboy:

Please shift. No sensible person will rent his home to a person without a verifiable source of income. And that verifiable source of income should be able to account for the person's standard of living.
Anyone who does otherwise is on his own.
We just can't embrace the truth... Nigeria is everyone's responsibility
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 1:19pm On Jun 28, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

Shut up fraudster
Provide your KYC including employment details and verification will be done. Chikena.

E don be for you and your HK grin grin
Lolzzzz
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 1:22pm On Jun 28, 2022
Rebuke:
Good one. I love it. The Yahoo boys are one of the reasons those hungry landlords increase house rent anyhow.

Hmmmm... If we can't fight small crimes how to we fight big ones... If we are clean ... Politicians will sit up ... They the masses ain't different why their confidence in stealing
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 1:22pm On Jun 28, 2022
Cmanforall:

How will landlord monitor what his tenants are doing?

Some landlords live outside the city or the country
How many percentage?
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by etrange: 1:23pm On Jun 28, 2022
Not practical.
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 1:23pm On Jun 28, 2022
Gbadespet:
EFCC for the youth,while politicians are saint once they are on the side of the rulling party...
Nigeria know fit better jare
If they can't catch small thieves how will they catch big one ... Please let them start small
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 28, 2022
na kids dey do yahoo sha
men wey dey arb on a steady
crypto dey see 1000s of USD a day aint got time for such games undecided
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 1:25pm On Jun 28, 2022
Rebuke:

Don't mind that Yahoo defender, when yhu see those guys, yhu will know.
Make them pass the bill sharply... I know say some innocents go suffer but many of the bad eggs Will be caught... If they can't catch small thief how will they catch big ones
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by immortalcrown(m): 1:25pm On Jun 28, 2022
P1PrinceKT:
How can you not know this boy is a Yahoo boy while he stays at home always and do extravaganz life.
You do not know there are legitimate and well-paid online jobs.
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fedelma: 1:26pm On Jun 28, 2022
Does EFCC make law's? Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Adron Homes And Properties Staff Celebrated Nigeria At 60 In Style (Photos) / Suleja Flood! Many Lives And Properties Lost. Residents Seen Relocating (Photos) / BUY YOUR LAND IN ILORIN, KWARA STATE IN A NICE & SUITABLE LOCATION...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.