Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years (38862 Views)

Some Things Some Landlords Do In Nigeria / Different Types Of Nigerian Landlords (meme Collection) / Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by tamdun: 1:55pm On Jun 28, 2022
favor914:
I know someone his father left him 2 houses in the United States, & about 3 million dollars worth of assets (stocks, bonds, & cash in bank) he is in Nigeria now, chasing a musical career, his landlord in Nigeria will ask him to prove source of his wealth since he has no hit record?

Some of you haters will remain in abject poverty forever.

Landlord himself that is a 419er, they should also ask Oga how he was able to become a landlord?
So why is it so hard for him to provide source of income since his father left fortune for him?
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 1:55pm On Jun 28, 2022
daugeon666:

Shut up bastard if e be yahoo boy how e take affect your life as a human stupid people everywhere
The message is directed at Yahoo people ... Why you come dey vex like this
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by kokomilala(m): 1:56pm On Jun 28, 2022
@daugeon666, does a mumu write like I do? Does a dunce reel out words the way I do? If you think I'm one, then you're sick as a sick head, deprived of mental acuity. Do u even think before you set down words?
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by freemanq(m): 1:58pm On Jun 28, 2022
Visionless set of people go after the wrong target instead of going after those who stole our future and created unemployment in the country. I don't support yahoo boys but with the current situation in the country now o boy man must survive. Nigeria is going down every day, their is nothing anybody can do Abt it

2 Likes

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by TruthHurts100: 1:59pm On Jun 28, 2022
Landlords and Hotels. 99% of hotels in Lagos are filled with yahoo boys.

And don't let us deceive ourselves, when you see a yahoo boy, you just know them.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by gr8child(m): 1:59pm On Jun 28, 2022
There's kuku no law that requires Landlords to conduct KYC on prospective tenants on behalf of the EFCC.

Let them do their worst.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by almarthins(m): 1:59pm On Jun 28, 2022
Doubleoh7:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission is threatening a jail term of 15 years for landlords that give their properties in rent to yahoo boys. In a message from their official twitter handle, inviting the public to their next EFCC Connect, an open forum where they discuss with the members of the public, the message reads;

Okay now! What a juicy topic! E go sweet wella! Landlord way yahoo-boy dey stay for him house, my people, na 15 years imprisonment for the landlord o! E don set!
See the details of the public forum below, for landlords that will want to attend. Let's see how they intend to prosecute this and send landlords to jail for 15 years.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0seWDmmErKXYGqZYJxNtuC69ybeUHu2rwAdhKXn68ysgFmDonBz2jXXx8pYotsvGTl&id=100064596373289

Are yahoo boys alien?

They should start jailing the senators, president, vice president, governors, council chairman etc.

So yahoo boys no dey open bank account?
Abi dem no dey enter super market?

Land lord wey yahoo boys scope say him be oil worker, how e come be the landlord fault?

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 1:59pm On Jun 28, 2022
MissionaryArchi:

This is heartbreaking cry
Even in America dem dey put wrong person for prison... See the man wey police kill that time ... If na here we go keep quite ... Despite say their country dey okay they are still ready to die on their right... But see us here defending crime... Then we shouldn't point fingers to POLITICIANS then since we are protecting small thieves.. Thief is thief ... Nothing like small thief

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2022
daugeon666:

Shut up your stupid mouth hate kill of Una
Did I beg you for money ...
Mannerless folks ... When you spend money way bigger than you ever thought you could make legitimately you turn mannerless... With all the money some of you had made ... You still can't start a legitimate business without fraud ... It shows bad government is not the problem
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Mykillo74(m): 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2022
The the EFCC boss should be sent to jail first for not being able to think well of this before media publication. Just tell me how a landlord will know whose Yahoo, own a car crime, own a laptop crime, own an iPhone crime, if you have anything to do with an electronic device that sends message crime, the bank now isn't enough and the whistle blowers are tried.
What I want to say is he should live the landlords out of this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2022
Healthrelatedjo:

Na wetin dey worry u be dt
If you clean... You got no worries
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 2:03pm On Jun 28, 2022
Slimwhyt:
Wahala be like wetin again? Na for dem to dey lodge for hotels be dat na grin
EFCC starts going to hotels... No peace for the wicked

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 28, 2022
How will they know?
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Theoarhics: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2022
Prospective tenants to submit the cv and work ID before get a house to rent now oo
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by osomegbe(m): 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2022
what about organization that employs yahoo boys?

I didn't mention the Nigerian Police Force o
or ABBA KYARI O

so quote me well.
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2022
livinbygrace:

For your information,i have been into real estate since 2001,and this is my 21 years in real estate,,from Allen Avenue(Cocaine Avenue)when they were selling a plot of land in Lekki phase 1 for just Two million naira and today that same property is nothing less than Two Hundred and fifty million.So,you are not talking to a dummy or newbie but someone with first class experience in property development and real estate.
As at last year 16mm iron rod was sold for less than 280k but today its over 450k,and same thing applies to other building materials.Is it Yahoo boys that caused the increased?use your head ,its meant for a purpose.
Once again,dont let people success intimidate you to the extent of leading to hatred and jealousy.
When your clients are fraudsters its normal to defend them... Since you not into Yahoo ... No worries for you...
Let them deal with yahoo
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by kokomilala(m): 2:08pm On Jun 28, 2022
@livinbygrace, the first rhetorical question you asked is beholden to this crime. You're part of the problem of society. For lending credence to this crime, you've pitched your tent against the many victims who have lost their loved ones and money to these no-usefuls called Yahoo-Boys, whose ends will come in different short circuits.

Is anything wrong with big grammar? Wole Soyinka won the Nobel Prize , in part, because of it. Chinua Achebe cemented his place in history because of Things Fall Apart, written in English. Nigerians are very hypocritical with their use of language. They bash people who use the English language much better than them. They become defensive when their inadequacies of English become obvious, claiming it's not their language. This is a language that has been with us for over a century. If it's not our mother tongue, then it's our acquired language. We use it on every facet of our lives, our shared lives, shared histories. Yet, some hypocrites treat it as a plague of some sort when they can't have a grasp of it.
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Munzy14(m): 2:10pm On Jun 28, 2022
favor914:
The 20 richest yahoo boys in Lagos State is not half of what Bola Ahmed Tinubu steals from Lagos State in 1 year.

Blame the people in power, they are the real yahoo yahoo, they are the ones keeping you in poverty.

How many housing estates has your state government built since 1999, so you could go & rent a single 3 bedroom apartment?
Channel this energy to EFCC...And 15years... grin grin

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Basher8583: 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Which occupation? So if they tell you they are car dealers you won't give them the house ?

Car dealer no get verifiable union?

If you mean freelance car dealer then OYO.

Even if you are a business man I must no the business you do and get someone to verify. Additionally your guarantor must be someone with a reputable job.
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Nimrod81: 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2022
Doubleoh7:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission is threatening a jail term of 15 years for landlords that give their properties in rent to yahoo boys. In a message from their official twitter handle, inviting the public to their next EFCC Connect, an open forum where they discuss with the members of the public, the message reads;

Okay now! What a juicy topic! E go sweet wella! Landlord way yahoo-boy dey stay for him house, my people, na 15 years imprisonment for the landlord o! E don set!
See the details of the public forum below, for landlords that will want to attend. Let's see how they intend to prosecute this and send landlords to jail for 15 years.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0seWDmmErKXYGqZYJxNtuC69ybeUHu2rwAdhKXn68ysgFmDonBz2jXXx8pYotsvGTl&id=100064596373289
Stupid law. How is the landlord supposed to know the guys are yahoo boys? They'll just open up to him that they are fraudsters or what?
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 2:12pm On Jun 28, 2022
freemanq:
Visionless set of people go after the wrong target instead of going after those who stole our future and created unemployment in the country. I don't support yahoo boys but with the current situation in the country now o boy man must survive. Nigeria is going down every day, their is nothing anybody can do Abt it
Young guys are still doing well legitimately online...
Get a high paying skill to learn... 12months of learning is not too much my brother... The internet is a big leverage... No excuse for this generation I tell you...
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 2:12pm On Jun 28, 2022
TruthHurts100:
Landlords and Hotels. 99% of hotels in Lagos are filled with yahoo boys.

And don't let us deceive ourselves, when you see a yahoo boy, you just know them.
Lolzzzz
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2022
kokomilala:
@livinbygrace, the first rhetorical question you asked is beholden to this crime. You're part of the problem of society. For lending credence to this crime, you've pitched your tent against the many victims who have lost their loved ones and money to these no-usefuls called Yahoo-Boys, whose ends will come in different short circuits.

Is anything wrong with big grammar? Wole Soyinka won the Nobel Prize , in part, because of it. Chinua Achebe cemented his place in history because of Things Fall Apart, written in English. Nigerians are very hypocritical with their use of language. They bash people who use the English language much better than them. They become defensive when their inadequacies of English become obvious, claiming it's not their language. This is a language that has been with us for over a century. If it's not our mother tongue, then it's our acquired language. We use it on every facet of our lives, our shared lives, shared histories. Yet, some hypocrites treat it as a plague of some sort when they can't have a grasp of it.
Smiles... To all I hate crime with passion ...
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2022
Munzy14:

Channel this energy to EFCC...And 15years... grin grin

Lolzzzz
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by livinbygrace: 2:17pm On Jun 28, 2022
kokomilala:

Any what is wrong with big grammar? Wole Soyinka won the Nobel Prize , in part, because of it. Chinua Achebe cemented his place in history because of Things Fall Apart, written in English. Nigerians are very hypocritical with their use of language. They bash people who use the English language much better than them. They become defensive when their inadequacies of English become obvious, claiming it's not their language. This is a language that has been with us for over a century. If it's not our mother tongue, then it's our acquired language. We use it on every facet of our lives, our shared lives, shared histories. Yet, some hypocrites treat it as a plague of some sort when they can't have a grasp of it.

So they are the one that caused our naira to be devalued,or If you invested in a business ,you would want shortfall/shortage of what you invested because of your patriotism or hollier than thou attitude to the country?I rest my case,Peace!!
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 2:18pm On Jun 28, 2022
livinbygrace:

So they are the one that caused our naira to be devalued,or If you invested in a business ,you would want shortfall/shortage of what you invested because of your patriotism or hollier than thou attitude to the country?I rest my case,Peace!!
EFCC is coming ... If you clients are mainly fraudster am sorry ooo
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by mcgaius: 2:18pm On Jun 28, 2022
And what about the president who accommodate both the landlord and the tenant in his country �
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Zulu2022: 2:20pm On Jun 28, 2022
MissionaryArchi:

Sir we aren't talking about commodities here but rent.
I guess you don't pay rent and never paid any.
Most of all these houses landlords are increasing rent were built before the emergence of Buhari who brought this inflation.
A landlord has no reasonable ground to increase rent knowing fully well his tenants would be going through the hardship of this inflation. Most landlord especially in the North even had to reduce their house rent just to ease economic pressures from their tenants. I pay the rent for my parents and was happy when they gave me this news, imagine 20% reduction.
Here down South the story is different especially here in the Estate where I live
y not go in North base than endangering ur parents life in name of paying low rent fr them,no b follow humans dey move there family go Yankee comot Dem fr this shithole,dollar is 625 naira,so after rise in building materials,u expect Dem to rent it as same amount wen material cost was low,u can tell me there are no remote place in every state without low rent fee,na una wan Liv fr lekki nd maitama

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by studentofTruth: 2:23pm On Jun 28, 2022
kokomilala:
The Suoerstructure Attempts To Overthrow A Subculture Of Missing Gens

This is a bold move by the EFFCC. It should pursue it with evangelistic vigour and the single-mindedness of a serious organization. No sacred cow should be exempted; no efforts should be spared in its attempts to rid our society of this dangerous and insidously destroying subculture called Yahoo-Yahoo. If not nipped in the bud now, it will destroy our socio-economic life on a large scale.

For those asking how landlords will identify these ritualists propped as Yahoo boys, I think it's preposterous! It's easy enough to identify them. One doesn't need to stretch one's imagination too far to know them. Besides, their ID CODE of dreads, oversized t-shirts, sleepers, baggy shorts etc can provide valuable leads to identifying them.

Again, those castigating the EFCC are part of the problem. You say the country is morally declining, yet you take sides with those that are washing away its morals. If you can't help solve a problem, why don't you keep quiet instead of stoking its flames or giving ammunition to it?

I don't comment that often, but your post got my attention.

In 2022, you want to apply a 1950 strategy to curb a crime that uses 21st century technology. SMH.

EFCC is the most useless and unintelligent agency in the whole world. I don't want to believe you're not smarter than this their senseless business expansion.

Even jumia knows when I say or think of needing a new pair of shoes and bombard me with all manners of shoes, let alone what Google and Facebook do.

If EFCC can't do the same, they should close their office and go home. We're in 2022, not 1950.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by livinbygrace: 2:25pm On Jun 28, 2022
Zulu2022:
y not go in North base than endangering ur parents life in name of paying low rent fr them,no b follow humans dey move there family go Yankee comot Dem fr this shithole,dollar is 625 naira,so after rise in building materials,u expect Dem to rent it as same amount wen material cost was low,u can tell me there are no remote place in every state without low rent fee,na una wan Liv fr lekki nd maitama

Abeg leave us these kids online.Na person wey dey into construction or real estate go understand better.Building materials now is quite expensive,
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by daugeon666(m): 2:26pm On Jun 28, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Did I beg you for money ...
Mannerless folks ... When you spend money way bigger than you ever thought you could make legitimately you turn mannerless... With all the money some of you had made ... You still can't start a legitimate business without fraud ... It shows bad government is not the problem
Shut you damn mouth why so much hate focus on your broke life

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Lekki SPAR On Fire, Casualties Unknown - Photos / Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building / Suleja Flood! Many Lives And Properties Lost. Residents Seen Relocating (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.