Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,676 members, 7,813,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years (38886 Views)

Some Things Some Landlords Do In Nigeria / Different Types Of Nigerian Landlords (meme Collection) / Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Carlyboi(m): 2:27pm On Jun 28, 2022
kokomilala:
@Carlyboi, your first paragraph is insipid, intellectually hollow and off the mark. There's nothing simplistic about what I've opined. I think clearly.

For your subsequent paragraphs, yes, I agree with you to some extent. But if you didn't rush over my point that their appearance will provide valuable leads, you would not rush to claim it's a hasty generalization. In investigating crimes, leads are used however. Anything that will provide a lead is always considered.

The Yahoo-Yahoo thing has become a destructive subculture that can consume society. The pressing thing is the ritual requirements that go with it. The cost is becoming too high, and of not checked, will consume our societal fabric.

It’s simplistic cos you equated carrying Locs with being a yahoo boy,the premise you drew that conclusion from is false and fallacious there’s a sense of absolutism in it...and that’d lead to needless and pernicious harassment of innocent young people.

Carrying Locs is a fashion and bodily expression it has no relation to yahoo that some yahoo boys choose to carry Locs isn’t enough reason for every dude carrying Locs to be subjected to that prejudiced assessment by the police,other law enforcements and society at large it’s a wrong notion which needs to be corrected so i expected you as someone who come off as educated not to be caught up in the “ bandwagon-ism “ and stereotype “ cos I believe you should be well exposed and should know better compared to the myopic and primitive people that abound,even the clothing items you mentioned is too vague a description but I’m less interested in that anyways some people were born with Locs ( natural ) and I believe you know that,i personally have been making Locs as early as 2011 when Locs isn’t as common place as it is now there are loads of people in the same shoes,so you’d be doing us a lotta disservice when you place Locs carriers in that “ yahoo boys “ box

It is actually refreshing to note that we both agree on the fact that the yahoo menace needs to be tackled efficiently or at least stem the tide of the young ones joining the fray every other day I,for one, ain't “ pro yahoo or a yahoo boys “ apologist or brief holder,i’m largely indifferent to their travails especially the ostentatious ones so I have no issues with law enforcements taking their fight to them,but the fight has to be focused,efficient and done professionally within the confines of the law and with the use of modern day technology not archaic methods and gestapo style and not by feeding fat on the proceeds of these crimes and fleecing the “ perpetrators-now -turned-victims “ by EFcc’s actions of confiscating and converting these properties which are proceeds of crimes without restitution to the victims into personal use for enrichment and self-aggrandizement.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by daugeon666(m): 2:28pm On Jun 28, 2022
kokomilala:
@daugeon666, does a mumu write like I do? Does a dunce reel out words the way I do? If you think I'm one, then you're sick as a sick head, deprived of mental acuity. Do u even think before you set down words?
You haters will always remain in abject poverty since you really can't think

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by byteem: 2:30pm On Jun 28, 2022
nony43:
This Buhari will be on record as the dumbest govt in the history of Nigeria. He failed in all indices of human endeavor. Who will arrest politicians looting us dry?

i don't like yahoo boys they are a menace and a lazy bunch.. but that said that is what you get when people are out of ideas .. totally bereft of ideas.. idea deficit .. no brain to think.. under which law .. under which criminal code .. conspiracy abi.. so a landlord will now be charged with conspiracy .. well then charge Buhari for conspiracy.. after all, his appointees are looting..and cos of their actions or inactions Nigerians are being murdered daily .. yes charge them all for conspiracy to commit murder too, after all, all their kinsmen are on a murderous rampage.. then charge those that elected those thieves there too its all conspiracy to commit a crime.. as Orji uzokalu was charged with a crime them all who voted him there should also be charged with conspiracy .. these guys are jokers .. better still landlords will now ask all persons from age 15 to 35 looking to rent a house to present EFCC clearance.

Yes while you are at it .. arrest the bank MD whose bank issued the POS is being used to rob people and along the road daily.. and while at that arrest the car manufacturer whose car was used to commit a robbery or was used to kill innocent citizens .. yes Toyota MD and all dealers in Toyota brands are guilty .. Hilux trucks are being used by terrorists .. let's lock everyone up.. Just when u think you have heard it all Naija never disappoints

3 Likes

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by daugeon666(m): 2:30pm On Jun 28, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

The message is directed at Yahoo people ... Why you come dey vex like this
Cause u nor reason before you talk e dey really dey pain Una how these boys dey spend money the worst part nor be ur papa dem scam provide job for them na
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by daugeon666(m): 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2022
Rebuke:

See this wretched thief. E pain yhu abi? If being against thief like yhu branding themselves Yahoo Yahoo means hating, then I gladly accept the new name "hater"......I sure hate evil and lazy youth like yhu.

Now, go and hang yhurself, shameless Yahoo idiiot tongue
Shut up your fvcking mouth you should be the one hanging yourself if you can't see those yahoo boys living their life or is there any prove they defrauded you father focus on your life man dem nor scam your wretched life na hate Wan kill u
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by studentofTruth: 2:37pm On Jun 28, 2022
byteem:

i don't like yahoo boys they are a menace and a lazy bunch.. but that said that is what you get when people are out of ideas .. totally bereft of ideas.. idea deficit .. no brain to think.. under which law .. under which criminal code .. conspiracy abi.. so a landlord will now be charged with conspiracy .. well then charge Buhari for conspiracy.. after all, his appointees are looting..and cos of their actions or inactions Nigerians are being murdered daily .. yes charge them all for conspiracy to commit murder too, after all, all their kinsmen are on a murderous rampage.. then charge those that elected those thieves there too its all conspiracy to commit a crime.. as Orji uzokalu was charged with a crime them all who voted him there should also be charged with conspiracy .. these guys are jokers .. better still landlords will now ask all persons from age 15 to 35 looking to rent a house to present EFCC clearance.

Yes while you are at it .. arrest the bank MD whose bank issued the POS is being used to rob people and along the road daily.. and while at that arrest the car manufacturer whose car was used to commit a robbery or was used to kill innocent citizens .. yes Toyota MD and all dealers in Toyota brands are guilty .. Hilux trucks are being used by terrorists .. let's lock everyone up.. Just when u think you have heard it all Naija never disappoints

Seriously, EFCC's level of stupidity is like Zee World — extraordinary every day!

It shows how stupid the entire country is. To have such a stupid agency fighting a serious crime. SMH.
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by SarkinYarki: 2:39pm On Jun 28, 2022
Basher8583:

Car dealer no get verifiable union?

If you mean freelance car dealer then OYO.

Even if you are a business man I must no the business you do and get someone to verify. Additionally your guarantor must be someone with a reputable job.

Many yahoo guys have fully registered car show rooms
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Skyfornia(m): 2:40pm On Jun 28, 2022
This will be one of the best things if truly enacted. Landlord should endeavour to find out the occupation of their tenants before giving out apartment to them.
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by greggng: 2:44pm On Jun 28, 2022
I don't know why ignorance has now become the order of the day in Nigeria. How can an agency threaten such ? Where did efcc get the powers .? Are they now the judiciary ? I know this is the biggest joke of the year .
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by kokomilala(m): 2:48pm On Jun 28, 2022
@studentofTruth, where did I advocate a 1950 approach? I never did. In this era of liberalization of technology, I believe in the transfer of technology for the totality of our existence- including curbing crime.

You need to understand that there's really no hard and fast rule to curbing crime. At times, traditional and seemingly simplistic methods may also be deployed. I'm speaking from experience. However, we must deploy the most effective technological tools available anywhere in the world.

I disagree with you that the EFCC is useless. It is not. I think you're cynical and nihilistic in that respect. There was a time the EU gave EFCC about € 5 million to fight crime when the NASS withheld its statutory funds. The EU wouldn't waste its resources on a useless body.
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by byteem: 2:49pm On Jun 28, 2022
Skyfornia:
This will be one of the best things if truly enacted. Landlord should endeavour to find out the occupation of their tenants before giving out apartment to them.

as a landlord, you conduct due diligence .. but these are fraudsters ..they can forge documents and id cards and many of them have legit businesses and sources of income.. infact you have bankers and lawyers doing yahoo.. some have legit and verifiable businesses .. shops, studios, car lots. all sorts .. many have legit fronts , so then let all landlords turn to private investigators and investigate their potential tenant.. that one na long story . EFCC just do house rental clearance for landlords so they can verify .. like that SCUML .. oya let them do SCUML for youths .age 15 to 40. once you show that to a landord you are cleared another way to generate income too.. he go shock you say na wetin dem dey plan be that .. jokers .. silly jokers
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 2:53pm On Jun 28, 2022
daugeon666:

Cause u nor reason before you talk e dey really dey pain Una how these boys dey spend money the worst part nor be ur papa dem scam provide job for them na
Not everyone is not earning in dollars .... Yeye!
I can never do fraud ... Even if internet is not working ... I still got offline business.... I dont get jealouse of people doing fraud at all... Have got nothing to fear ooo... Make EFCC dey come ooo... I was not created to survive in destroying other peoples life... Its all a choice Mr... Hmmm...
EFCC should come ... Are you afraid?
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 2:56pm On Jun 28, 2022
daugeon666:

Shut you damn mouth why so much hate focus on your broke life
Fraudssters always believe most not into fraud or fraud is broke...
You are gone ... And that weed most of you take .. Makes you people too aggressive... EFCC is coming ... Go legit ... Despite how much fraud have given some of you ... You still can't go legit ...
Most of you are not really smart... You guys are very dull why you mostly smoke weed to ginger una mumu... You know what am not bordered cus am clean ....
EFCC is coming
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by daugeon666(m): 2:56pm On Jun 28, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Not everyone is not earning in dollars .... Yeye!
I can never do fraud ... Even if internet is not working ... I still got offline business.... I dont get jealouse of people doing fraud at all... Have got nothing to fear ooo... Make EFCC dey come ooo... I was not created to survive in destroying other peoples life... Its all a choice Mr... Hmmm...
EFCC should come ... Are you afraid?
Shut your damn mouth man if we check now ur life nor stable if nor be say na faceless forum be this u for nor dey talk stupid haters find a solution for them or shut your broke mouth up
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by daugeon666(m): 2:58pm On Jun 28, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Fraudssters always believe most not into fraud or fraud is broke...
You are gone ... And that weed most of you take .. Makes you people too aggressive... EFCC is coming ... Go legit ... Despite how much fraud have given some of you ... You still can't go legit ...
Most of you are not really smart... You guys are very dull why you mostly smoke weed to ginger una mumu... You know what am not bordered cus am clean ....
EFCC is coming
From the way you talk and the hatred in you I bet my balls you don't even have up to 200k in your account hatred Don finish Una mind your fucking business them nor scam your wretched life
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by nony43(m): 3:00pm On Jun 28, 2022
byteem:

Bros. I like your line of reasoning.
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by beardedboy(m): 3:02pm On Jun 28, 2022
frowland:

The salary and income of a legitimate average Nigerian worker cannot build those houses in Lekki even after 30years of service (do the math); Something else is involved and that’s ‘corruption’.
They get grants and loans.

Those lekki houses cannot be afforded by Yahoo boys also. Only business men and employees of international companies can.
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 3:02pm On Jun 28, 2022
daugeon666:

Shut your damn mouth man if we check now ur life nor stable if nor be say na faceless forum be this u for nor dey talk stupid haters find a solution for them or shut your broke mouth up
Your life stable na why you dey fear EFCC ...
Broke mindset speaks way you speak...
Find solutions for who .. Destroyed mind of greed ... Mostly its greed and wanting to live irresponsible life...
Find solution to person that doesn't want to go to school , learn a trade, or handy work... Sorry ... Government cant help Yahoo boys ooo...
Government can only help people people that can impact the society positively... Even if most of you get to an enabling environment its either fraud or drug... Damaged wicked souls...
I only envy legitmate people and try to emulate them... I dont follow people living fast life
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by beardedboy(m): 3:05pm On Jun 28, 2022
daugeon666:

Shut up bastard if e be yahoo boy how e take affect your life as a human stupid people everywhere
Firstly, you're not as anonymous online as you think. It only depends on how much reason you give someone to track you. So watch what you say.

Secondly, please continue practicing fraud. It's either you live a long miserably life because you'll get broke like church rat or live you die at a tender age because of nemesis.
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 3:06pm On Jun 28, 2022
daugeon666:

From the way you talk and the hatred in you I bet my balls you don't even have up to 200k in your account hatred Don finish Una mind your fucking business them nor scam your wretched life
I don't brag sir... Thieves ...
EFCC is coming ... Na only to blame people when can do things right....
Yeye... He doesn't have 200k in his account...
You tell this to those that beg you for your dirty stinky money and life
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by daugeon666(m): 3:08pm On Jun 28, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Your life stable na why you dey fear EFCC ...
Broke mindset speaks way you speak...
Find solutions for who .. Destroyed mind of greed ... Mostly its greed and wanting to live irresponsible life...
Find solution to person that doesn't want to go to school , learn a trade, or handy work... Sorry ... Government cant help Yahoo boys ooo...
Government can only help people people that can impact the society positively... Even if most of you get to an enabling environment its either fraud or drug... Damaged wicked souls...
I only envy legitmate people and try to emulate them... I dont follow people living fast life
Shut up if you only envy legitimate people then mind your life focus on your life if you can't find solutions to their problems. if one kind problem hold you now u sure say Dat ur trade wey u learn go fit pay am stupid human instead of you clamoring for the arrest of the politicians looting your children's future away you're here filed with hate for yahoo boy wey nor send ur life
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by daugeon666(m): 3:10pm On Jun 28, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

I don't brag sir... Thieves ...
EFCC is coming ... Na only to blame people when can do things right....
Yeye... He doesn't have 200k in his account...
You tell this to those that beg you for your dirty stinky money and life
You haters who can't clamor for the arrest of corrupt politicians but are quick to judge when you hear of yahoo boys so senseless broke as bitch
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by daugeon666(m): 3:14pm On Jun 28, 2022
beardedboy:

Firstly, you're not as anonymous online as you think. It only depends on how much reason you give someone to track you. So watch what you say.

Secondly, please continue practicing fraud. It's either you live a long miserably life because you'll get broke like church rat or live you die at a tender age because of nemesis.
Mumu dem Don track politicians finish ode think yahoo boys have nothing to do with your wretched life they're not the cause of the downfall of Nigeria or food price hike or made diesel or gas cost focus on those looting your future and your kids future
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by ikezudon(m): 3:14pm On Jun 28, 2022
This can't work sha. There's no law that states this. Plus there's no law that states requirements for renting a house.. make dem go sit down jor...

Check out how to get a google voice phone number in Nigeria.

https://billzonthestreets.com/get-google-voice-number-nigeria/
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by studentofTruth: 3:15pm On Jun 28, 2022
kokomilala:
@studentofTruth, where did I advocate a 1950 approach? I never did. In this era of liberalization of technology, I believe in the transfer of technology for the totality of our existence- including curbing crime.

You need to understand that there's really no hard and fast rule to curbing crime. At times, traditional and seemingly simplistic methods may also be deployed. I'm speaking from experience. However, we must deploy the most effective technological tools available anywhere in the world.

I disagree with you that the EFCC is useless. It is not. I think you're cynical and nihilistic in that respect. There was a time the EU gave EFCC about € 5 million to fight crime when the NASS withheld its statutory funds. The EU wouldn't waste its resources on a useless body.

Funny, if EU did, then they scammed EU with their media propaganda, the same way the yahoo boys scam the supposedly intelligent Americans and Europeans.

By the way, where's Magu now?

If you don't know, know it now: EFCC is not in anyway interested, let alone fighting to rid Nigeria off financial crimes. It's running its own business of extortion and self-aggrandizement.

While chasing their bags, they must not, and have no right whatsoever, to disturb the peace of sensible and hardworking Nigerians.

Disturbing a landlord or an estate manager for renting out an apartment is a no, no!

They should use the right tools to get the real criminals and prosecute with maximum penalty — and not just trying to expand their extortion net!

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 3:19pm On Jun 28, 2022
[quote author=daugeon666 post=114234767][/quote]
Yeye... Everyone condemning fraud is broke ...
Sorry ooo Mr thief... Must you do fraud.. Must you ... He will say make government provide job for am na... Block heads ... Na only evil full una head...
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Abyounghammed(m): 3:22pm On Jun 28, 2022
Me watching the pretending yahoo boys on this forum like boogyman ��

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 3:23pm On Jun 28, 2022
daugeon666:

Shut up if you only envy legitimate people then mind your life focus on your life if you can't find solutions to their problems. if one kind problem hold you now u sure say Dat ur trade wey u learn go fit pay am stupid human instead of you clamoring for the arrest of the politicians looting your children's future away you're here filed with hate for yahoo boy wey nor send ur life
I dont need a politician to determine my future or the unborn ... I decide that ... Working hard and smart mind you not stealing... I condemn anything stealing from people ... Either politicians embezzle or anyone doing fraud ... You chose to be a thief.... Its your choice ...

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by MissionaryArchi(m): 3:24pm On Jun 28, 2022
livinbygrace:

For your information,i have been into real estate since 2001,and this is my 21 years in real estate,,from Allen Avenue(Cocaine Avenue)when they were selling a plot of land in Lekki phase 1 for just Two million naira and today that same property is nothing less than Two Hundred and fifty million.So,you are not talking to a dummy or newbie but someone with first class experience in property development and real estate.
As at last year 16mm iron rod was sold for less than 280k but today its over 450k,and same thing applies to other building materials.Is it Yahoo boys that caused the increased?use your head ,its meant for a purpose.
Once again,dont let people success intimidate you to the extent of leading to hatred and jealousy.
Mtcheew you claim to have a useful head but only good in quoting random figures that even a prospective student of Estate management department can quote.
Read my reply to you again and stop selling yourself more than what you worth.
What business does a landlord have with Excessive/lofty rent increment who built his house when a length of 16mm rod was #1,200, a bag of Cement #2,500, a piece of 9'block #120.
If Yahoo to you equals to success then that speaks so much of your personality and only poverty can condition your mind so.
For your information Sir, I'm a graduate Architect and one of the best in our firm, I have personally designed and built houses for your gods the Yahoo guys and they call us boss celebrating us cuz they know we're the real MVPs. Keep licking their ass and claiming 21yrs in real estate.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 3:25pm On Jun 28, 2022
daugeon666:

Am not EFCC ... Cus I got no business with them ... If they after Yahoo boys its part of their job... I can choose or tell them who to arrest .... I got no problem with them ... They said they are going after Yahoo which fraud internet thieves... I dont indulge in bad things ... I have peace of mind ...

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by studentofTruth: 3:26pm On Jun 28, 2022
beardedboy:

They get grants and loans.

Those lekki houses cannot be afforded by Yahoo boys also. Only business men and employees of international companies can.

And you don't know that some people are in their house in Nigeria working for those foreign companies. I laugh seriously when I read you people's criteria for internet fraudsters. Ignorance and poverty have done a lot of damage in this country. SMH.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by daugeon666(m): 3:27pm On Jun 28, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Am not EFCC ... Cus I got no business with them ... If they after Yahoo boys its part of their job... I can choose or tell them who to arrest .... I got no problem with them ... They said they are going after Yahoo which fraud internet thieves... I dont indulge in bad things ... I have peace of mind ...
OK before you support their actions against yahoo boys make sure they can take same step against the big thief’s I come in peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Lekki SPAR On Fire, Casualties Unknown - Photos / Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building / Adron Homes And Properties Staff Celebrated Nigeria At 60 In Style (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.