Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years (38899 Views)

Some Things Some Landlords Do In Nigeria / Different Types Of Nigerian Landlords (meme Collection) / Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by daugeon666(m): 3:30pm On Jun 28, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

I dont need a politician to determine my future or the unborn ... I decide that ... Working hard and smart mind you not stealing... I condemn anything stealing from people ... Either politicians embezzle or anyone doing fraud ... You chose to be a thief.... Its your choice ...
Shut your damn mouth you condemn stealing so how about they stop the yahoo with no job then they begin roaming with gun kidnapping or stealing you Nigerians in this hard economy am sure that will be better people nor Dey scam una now una Dey hate dem cause dem Dey use money if yahoo stop without any job for them u sure say u go still Dey waka for street freely

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by daugeon666(m): 3:32pm On Jun 28, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Yeye... Everyone condemning fraud is broke ...
Sorry ooo Mr thief... Must you do fraud.. Must you ... He will say make government provide job for am na... Block heads ... Na only evil full una head...
Evil kill you there you wet Dey condemn dem how many people life u fit help how many people you fit feed ode am sure it cause of this same yahoo most businesses are surviving under this hard economy caused by the big thieves which you people refused to focus on but cause yahoo boys Dey drive car wey una nor fit afford jealousy wan kill una
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 28, 2022
Which idiot brought up this stupid idea? What kind of foolish law is this?

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by ChronicGp(m): 3:43pm On Jun 28, 2022
Gaddamit....real geeboyz gat their own ama go & verify.
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 3:44pm On Jun 28, 2022
daugeon666:

Evil kill you there you wet Dey condemn dem how many people life u fit help how many people you fit feed ode am sure it cause of this same yahoo most businesses are surviving under this hard economy caused by the big thieves which you people refused to focus on but cause yahoo boys Dey drive car wey una nor fit afford jealousy wan kill una
The only thing you are shouting since is just liability... Was expecting you to tell me how you got even a small factory where you employ even just five with the lil token you steal... It's car car car...
Mr man am not EFCC ... And if you are caught your problem... I got no problem with EFCC checking what I do
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by postmann: 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2022
Doubleoh7:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission is threatening a jail term of 15 years for landlords that give their properties in rent to yahoo boys. In a message from their official twitter handle, inviting the public to their next EFCC Connect, an open forum where they discuss with the members of the public, the message reads;

Okay now! What a juicy topic! E go sweet wella! Landlord way yahoo-boy dey stay for him house, my people, na 15 years imprisonment for the landlord o! E don set!
See the details of the public forum below, for landlords that will want to attend. Let's see how they intend to prosecute this and send landlords to jail for 15 years.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0seWDmmErKXYGqZYJxNtuC69ybeUHu2rwAdhKXn68ysgFmDonBz2jXXx8pYotsvGTl&id=100064596373289

First off, EFCC has no powers to sentence anyone. They can prosecute but it is the court that decides and what length of sentence.

The EFCC is nothing but a crude, unintelligent, corrupt, power drunk and abusive morons whose powers need to be further curtailed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2022
daugeon666:

Shut your damn mouth you condemn stealing so how about they stop the yahoo with no job then they begin roaming with gun kidnapping or stealing you Nigerians in this hard economy am sure that will be better people nor Dey scam una now una Dey hate dem cause dem Dey use money if yahoo stop without any job for them u sure say u go still Dey waka for street freely
Mr man do your Yahoo ooo...
I dont work with EFCC ... EFCC should do their job
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by daugeon666(m): 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Mr man do your Yahoo ooo...
I dont work with EFCC ... EFCC should do their job
SMH
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by daugeon666(m): 3:50pm On Jun 28, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

The only thing you are shouting since is just liability... Was expecting you to tell me how you got even a small factory where you employ even just five with the lil token you steal... It's car car car...
Mr man am not EFCC ... And if you are caught your problem... I got no problem with EFCC checking what I do
You see your problem here jealousy ode now tell me let’s say they stop yahoo how’s your life going to get better is the food price going to come down are you going to buy a bag of cement for 2,500 naira? The answer is no cause you’ll still continue wallowing in your foolishness that’s why I said mind your fvcking business and stop the hate also note that little token would go a long way in your life if it was given to you
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 3:51pm On Jun 28, 2022
daugeon666:

You see your problem here jealousy ode now tell me let’s say they stop yahoo how’s your life going to get better is the food price going to come down are you going to buy a bag of cement for 2,500 naira? The answer is no cause you’ll still continue wallowing in your foolishness that’s why I said mind your fvcking business and stop the hate
See as fraud scatter you ... EFCC is coming
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by daugeon666(m): 3:52pm On Jun 28, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

See as fraud scatter you ... EFCC is coming
Coming for your life if Nigeria continue electing stupid leaders I can bet my balls some of your children will also have no option than to be a fraudster ode go sit down make you think your life
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 3:53pm On Jun 28, 2022
daugeon666:

You see your problem here jealousy ode now tell me let’s say they stop yahoo how’s your life going to get better is the food price going to come down are you going to buy a bag of cement for 2,500 naira? The answer is no cause you’ll still continue wallowing in your foolishness that’s why I said mind your fvcking business and stop the hate also note that little token would go a long way in your life if it was given to you
Continue with your fraud ooo...
All I know is two wrongs can't make a right...
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by daugeon666(m): 3:54pm On Jun 28, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Continue with your fraud ooo...
All I know is two wrongs can't make a right...
Two wrongs can’t make a right na so poverty go take finish you
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by josilcool(m): 3:54pm On Jun 28, 2022
Hmmm... how many landlord dem go jail for Benin city?
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by SamOchuko: 3:58pm On Jun 28, 2022
Doubleoh7:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission is threatening a jail term of 15 years for landlords that give their properties in rent to yahoo boys. In a message from their official twitter handle, inviting the public to their next EFCC Connect, an open forum where they discuss with the members of the public, the message reads;

Okay now! What a juicy topic! E go sweet wella! Landlord way yahoo-boy dey stay for him house, my people, na 15 years imprisonment for the landlord o! E don set!
See the details of the public forum below, for landlords that will want to attend. Let's see how they intend to prosecute this and send landlords to jail for 15 years.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0seWDmmErKXYGqZYJxNtuC69ybeUHu2rwAdhKXn68ysgFmDonBz2jXXx8pYotsvGTl&id=100064596373289

I don’t get it, EFCC don turn National Assembly way day make law now or what? Which law them don propose for civil servants/politicians way don steal the country blind? Which law them don propose about the Auditor General way steal over a hundred billion naira? Which law them don propose about the senior military officers way steal funds meant for procuring of arms meant to prosecute the Boko Haram fight? They always prefer to go after the small fries, what will be the charge in court? Housing a young man/lady who committed internet fraud? See charge, may God help Nigeria
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Zowee10(m): 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2022
P1PrinceKT:
How can you not know this boy is a Yahoo boy while he stays at home always and do extravaganz life.

So Forex traders dont stay at home baaa
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Bestbeelieve: 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2022
just look at what being an olodo can cause!!!
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 4:00pm On Jun 28, 2022
daugeon666:

Coming for your life if Nigeria continue electing stupid leaders I can bet my balls some of your children will also have no option than to be a fraudster ode go sit down make you think your life
What can a fraudster given to their children...
Am not you Mr man...
My child's future can't be determine by any government of the world... We dont limit ourselves in our family ... Nothing is an excuse for us ... Nothing ... We dont look for shutcuts ... We do it no matter how painful or hard ... No matter how people could mock us ... We will get there ... I thank God today ... So shall my children thank God... I will never tell my child the government holds his future ... His destiny is in his hands ... No matter what , he or she can always find their legitimately to become good for the society ... And himself or herself at the end... Same lesson our parent gave us... No one owns our destiny ....
So Mr. Do your thing ooo... Am not EFCC ... You can go to their office to tell them to face politicians ooo... It's non of my business ... So far they are after crime ... Am okay with that ... I just hate seeing them at some corners I pass when am strolling with my boy ... He sees them smoking weeds openly...
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Gbadespet(m): 4:01pm On Jun 28, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

If they can't catch small thieves how will they catch big one ... Please let them start small

Na those big thieves dey motivate smaller once that once they can graduate they wil have immunity....
So EFCC needs to deal with the bigger or the mentor so the younger once can desist from fraud...
Pen fraud is higher and also have adverse effects on the nation at large.
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 4:01pm On Jun 28, 2022
daugeon666:

Two wrongs can’t make a right na so poverty go take finish you
Someone that doesnt beg from you .... Are jealous or what ... Bro you can't feed me ... Your clients sef go run ....
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Fearyourcreator: 4:03pm On Jun 28, 2022
Gbadespet:

Na those big thieves dey motivate smaller once that once they can graduate they wil have immunity....
So EFCC needs to deal with the bigger or the mentor so the younger once can desist from fraud...
Pen fraud is higher and also have adverse effects on the nation at large.
Lolzzzx... Okay sir ...

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by beardedboy(m): 4:13pm On Jun 28, 2022
studentofTruth:

And you don't know that some people are in their house in Nigeria working for those foreign companies. I laugh seriously when I read you people's criteria for internet fraudsters. Ignorance and poverty have done a lot of damage in this country. SMH.
Funny of you. I have a completely remote job with a tech startup so no need for the chest beating.

Even if you're working online, you source of income is still verifiable. Don't you have an appointment letter? Don't you holf meetings with your co-workers?

Anyone who wants to do the right thing will not have problem with all these flimsy excuses.
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by beardedboy(m): 4:17pm On Jun 28, 2022
daugeon666:

Mumu dem Don track politicians finish ode think yahoo boys have nothing to do with your wretched life they're not the cause of the downfall of Nigeria or food price hike or made diesel or gas cost focus on those looting your future and your kids future

You fraudsters have a delusion of grandeur. You think you're the only ones making money? You think people can't make money without fraud? You better wake up from your slumber.

The richest people in the world are legit business men. The richest people in this country is a legit business man.

90% of your fellow fraudsters can only dream of my monthly income.

Afterall, you all's biggest achievement is to buy a Big Daddy Camry. And only 5% of you are even able to afford it. 75% of you have no ride. 20% of you can afford a lady's bike.

Is that life? Nonsense!!!
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Ipp1: 4:34pm On Jun 28, 2022
How
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by aolawale025: 4:43pm On Jun 28, 2022
My own worry is just that what facilities have the efcc provided for landlords to detect who's a "yahoo boy"
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by studentofTruth: 4:47pm On Jun 28, 2022
beardedboy:

Funny of you. I have a completely remote job with a tech startup so no need for the chest beating.

Even if you're working online, you source of income is still verifiable. Don't you have an appointment letter? Don't you holf meetings with your co-workers?

Anyone who wants to do the right thing will not have problem with all these flimsy excuses.

And you carry all those documents and paste on your gate and cars so that people like you won't call you a fraudster for working from home?

What about YouTubers, Upwork and Fiverr freelancers, Bloggers, Traders, dropshipper, e-commerce merchants, and digital marketers. What would they carry about so you don't tag them fraudsters?

Not up to a month ago, a friend who is just finding his feet on Upwork contacted me and was asking about what to do because Agege police keeps disturbing him. What documents would he show your ignorant people to explain his work in a way they can understand? Or you think he's not a hard-working citizen that should be protected from your extortion?

Educate yourself and your people! Use the right tools to fight the real criminals. Stop unnecessary profiling. Even jumia knows when I need a pair of shoes. A serious crime fighter should know what's happening in its online space, not acting like a tout!

4 Likes

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Zulu2022: 4:49pm On Jun 28, 2022
daugeon666:

Shut your damn mouth man if we check now ur life nor stable if nor be say na faceless forum be this u for nor dey talk stupid haters find a solution for them or shut your broke mouth up
lol na fr online this forum we de hear person de mk 5k dolls but de sell ebook,even Dem freelance,all na wash ,person de compare wire money with legit way de giv u highest 10k dolls if e do,wen som boys de push 30k wire check e go drop,a week job or cc way get lol 20k limit Dem chop am 2 times,oga mk una no compare dis yahoo boys with una online legit ooh,e get y ooh,lol...the only legit I can testify fr now is crytpo trading,which can burn u if coin fall

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Needlemover: 5:01pm On Jun 28, 2022
Abeg, this one na rubbish. Idiots chasing shadows while Tinubu enjoys his loot freely. Tinubu is the most corrupt Nigerian ever. How can they even prove that the landlords committed any crime? Useless idiots.
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by godofuck231: 5:09pm On Jun 28, 2022
What about the cops who take bribe from yahoo boys
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by beardedboy(m): 5:27pm On Jun 28, 2022
studentofTruth:

And you carry all those documents and paste on your gate and cars so that people like you won't call you a fraudster for working from home?

What about YouTubers, Upwork and Fiverr freelancers, Bloggers, Traders, dropshipper, e-commerce merchants, and digital marketers. What would they carry about so you don't tag them fraudsters?

Not up to a month ago, a friend who is just finding his feet on Upwork contacted me and was asking about what to do because Agege police keeps disturbing him. What documents would he show your ignorant people to explain his work in a way they can understand? Or you think he's not a hard-working citizen that should be protected from your extortion?

Educate yourself and your people! Use the right tools to fight the real criminals. Stop unnecessary profiling. Even jumia knows when I need a pair of shoes. A serious crime fighter should know what's happening in its online space, not acting like a tout!
It's your responsibility to let the people around you know what you do for a living.

Even someone who has a physical shop needs to let people know where he's going. They should know what he sells.

There's no reason why your neighbours let alone your landlord shouldn't know what you do.
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by Sniper101(m): 5:40pm On Jun 28, 2022
hopman98:
Na hungry geeboy dey rent aos. Guys wey don bizza dey live 4 their own houses

cheesy
Living in ur own house is too much of a risk bro
...it ain't something I'll advice any Gee to do

Cos when the actual Men in Red come nab u for dat ur expensively built and extravagantly furnished house, say "bye bye" to that house from there on.
Re: EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years by ajl: 5:42pm On Jun 28, 2022
Nigeria is a lawless place. Rather than do their job to investigate suspects for fraud, they are targeting property owners. It's not the responsibility of property owners to investigate potential tenants beyond the usual Q&A section of a tenant/landlord agreement. If a potential tenant lie about their income or job, then who should be responsible for that? The tenant. Crazy people in Zombie Republic of Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building / Lekki SPAR On Fire, Casualties Unknown - Photos / Suleja Flood! Many Lives And Properties Lost. Residents Seen Relocating (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.