Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Why Did You Become An Atheist - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Become An Atheist (26924 Views)

Why Did Pastor Isaac Oyedepo Lose So Much Weight? / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? / As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 01, 2022
temi1290:

Answer my question and stop running from pillar to post. Who send christians to be preaching good news? The fact that they don't kill like muslims STILL do doesn't make them different.

It's basic human instinct to want to protect themselves so I definitely won't do what could lead to my death, which is blaspheming against the muslim god, cause I know they are still stuck in some old mentality of killing for one non existent being (something christians don't practice again).

Now answer my question

Don't you think those fanatical muslims are denying the atheists of their rights to freedom of speech and right to air ones opinion?
I v answered you. This isn't a Bible debate class.
And for your to throw back the question, it's obvious you are jealous of the success of Christianity in the world.
It shows the religion is doing well.
You really look like a fanatical Muslim cos na dem dey carry problem for head pass chicken atheists.
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Ay92(m): 2:14pm On Jul 01, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

When you call your earthly father, he answers you. When God's Children call on Him, He answers them.

So, how is it that you call on Him and He doth not answer, yet He answers His Children?

Is it not clear that He is obviously not your father?

John 10:27-"My sheep HEAR MY VOICE

And you do not hear His Voice, so isn't it obvious, you do not belong to Him?

The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.- James A. Garfield
Oh!
I didn't know you knew me and God so well to conclude that I'm not His child
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 3:06pm On Jul 01, 2022
Ay92:

Oh!
I didn't know you knew me and God so well to conclude that I'm not His child

No child of God can ever say
Ay92:
I know beyond reasonable doubt that God exists. I just wish He would show me love...

Or

Ay92:

You can't understand. Is making your son suffer unnecessarily one of the ways of showing love to him?
PS: I'm not an atheist, I can humbly and confidently say that I'm a very good Christian

Why?

Because, the goodness and mercies and kindness and favours of The Lord are as Certain as rain will fall in july.

Thus, God's children are in perpetual praise and thanksgiving and joy! Sorrow is a strange thing!
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by compton11(m): 3:08pm On Jul 01, 2022
Sweetplum:

Former, ex, exconvict, jilted or whatever. They should come & explain the content of each religion that made them to be dumb/atheists.
Cowards coming for the Bible after their lives were saved.
Some of you are meat of rituals in the ancient times if not for redemption Christianity brought.
This ajekpaks would v been used for sacrifice cos he mumu too much. But Christianity that you are bashing today saved your life.
u are talking about sacrifice and y'all use Jesus as the same sacrifice.

So pathetic grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Maynman: 3:11pm On Jul 01, 2022
Sweetplum:

I v answered you. This isn't a Bible debate class.
And for your to throw back the question, it's obvious you are jealous of the success of Christianity in the world.
It shows the religion is doing well.
You really look like a fanatical Muslim cos na dem dey carry problem for head pass chicken atheists.

Yes Chrestianity and mother of Chrestianity is doing well wink

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by beejaay: 3:37pm On Jul 01, 2022
compton11:
nigga u sure? grin grin

Very sure.. You will surprised that Islam has far more Alfa and ulamah as atheist hiding under religion.. I have met like 2 when I stopped being religious and I was having a running battle about it among my families and communities
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:42pm On Jul 01, 2022
jaephoenix:

Sorry I called you a clown. Apologies
About the topic… It would be surprising for a Christian to say god isn't all-knowing. I mean that's what you guys basically sing and dance everyday. But lemme assume for the sake of this discourse he aint omniscient. So what is the qualities of your own version of God (since he's obviously different from the regular God we hear about)

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL! Galatians 5:22-23

I do regard most of you guys who has turned to atheism because you people have valid reasons to denounce what you were taught about God but let me remind you that one is not to be called a tailor until you see him sew and design a suitable dress.

In the same manner you don't call anyone Christian simply because he claims he is until you observe how strongly he or she adheres to Jesus' teachings. That's what makes one a Christian not just claims.

Jesus himself said that his disciples will become WITNESSES of him throughout the world {Act 1:8} which means a group of imperfect humans like you and i will be known globally practicing what Jesus laid down as norms or tenets. Matthew 5:13-16; 7:16-18

After Jesus' death, resurrection and ascension to heaven Satan initiated his own agents in their midst {Matthew 13:25} and since Jesus' disciples don't force rebellious people out of their gathering {Matthew 13:29} they later outnumbered the real Christians and that's what you know today as Christians. Their attitude and behavior totally negates what Jesus taught his followers. But thanks to God true Christians have separated themselves from Satan's agents so you can now see the organization of true Christians today known as JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. It's exactly the same way Satan's agents treated Jesus and his real followers that they are treated globally today! Matthew 10:22-25

So if you haven't find such a group then know that you've not met the real CHRISTIANS! Act 11:26

Thank you, if you still have any question about faith in God please don't hesitate to ask !
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by compton11(m): 3:47pm On Jul 01, 2022
beejaay:

Very sure.. You will surprised that Islam has far more Alfa and ulamah as atheist hiding under religion.. I have met like 2 when I stopped being religious and I was having a running battle about it among my families and communities
hmmm
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by jaephoenix(m): 6:38pm On Jul 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL! Galatians 5:22-23

I do regard most of you guys who has turned to atheism because you people have valid reasons to denounce what you were taught about God but let me remind you that one is not to be called a tailor until you see him sew and design a suitable dress.

In the same manner you don't call anyone Christian simply because he claims he is until you observe how strongly he or she adheres to Jesus' teachings. That's what makes one a Christian not just claims.

Jesus himself said that his disciples will become WITNESSES of him throughout the world {Act 1:8} which means a group of imperfect humans like you and i will be known globally practicing what Jesus laid down as norms or tenets. Matthew 5:13-16; 7:16-18

After Jesus' death, resurrection and ascension to heaven Satan initiated his own agents in their midst {Matthew 13:25} and since Jesus' disciples don't force rebellious people out of their gathering {Matthew 13:29} they later outnumbered the real Christians and that's what you know today as Christians. Their attitude and behavior totally negates what Jesus taught his followers. But thanks to God true Christians have separated themselves from Satan's agents so you can now see the organization of true Christians today known as JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. It's exactly the same way Satan's agents treated Jesus and his real followers that they are treated globally today! Matthew 10:22-25

So if you haven't find such a group then know that you've not met the real CHRISTIANS! Act 11:26

Thank you, if you still have any question about faith in God please don't hesitate to ask !
I see self-control is one of the characteristics u listed there. Is it the same God that liaised with Elijah to butcher 32 little boys that called him bald? Or the same God that did these…

Numbers 32:13
So the Lord’s anger burned against Israel, and He made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until the entire generation of those who had done evil in the sight of the Lord was destroyed

2 Kings 13:3
So the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and He gave them continually into the hand of Hazael king of Aram, and into the hand of Ben-hadad the son of Hazael

2 Kings 17:18
So the Lord was very angry with Israel and removed them from His sight; none was left except the tribe of Judah

In fact the same Bible is littered with instances God killed peeps for flimsy reasons
Hardly can say he's self-controlled
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by HellVictorinho4(m): 7:18pm On Jul 01, 2022
Maynman:

Yes Chrestianity and mother of Chrestianity is doing well wink

Shakes head

You won't know why.
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:42pm On Jul 01, 2022
jaephoenix:

I see self-control is one of the characteristics u listed there. Is it the same God that liaised with Elijah to butcher 32 little boys that called him bald? Or the same God that did these…

Numbers 32:13
So the Lord’s anger burned against Israel, and He made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until the entire generation of those who had done evil in the sight of the Lord was destroyed

2 Kings 13:3
So the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and He gave them continually into the hand of Hazael king of Aram, and into the hand of Ben-hadad the son of Hazael

2 Kings 17:18
So the Lord was very angry with Israel and removed them from His sight; none was left except the tribe of Judah

In fact the same Bible is littered with instances God killed peeps for flimsy reasons
Hardly can say he's self-controlled

SELF-CONTROL should be viewed from both end!

The God of Israel wants to set a standard for all nations to learn through the nation of Israel {Genesis 12:1-3} that's why He strictly warned them not to go against His orders because they're the main focus that all other nations will look upon as example.

So His decisive action in destroying them serves as WARNING EXAMPLES to any other nation who may like to worship this same God! 1Corinthians 10:11

Remember LOVE is His predominant quality so it's out of love for mankind in general that He is setting standards that will lead us all so we can regain what Adam lost: everlasting life! John 3:16

So He is acting based on the covenant (agreement) He had with that nation which most Bible readers don't read before He took decisive actions against them!

To know what justifies God's action please

READ Deuteronomy 27:9-26 smiley
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Maynman: 10:18pm On Jul 01, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

Shakes head

You won't know why.

Shakes head

Okay monolatrist cheesy

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by HellVictorinho4(m): 11:32pm On Jul 01, 2022
Maynman:

Shakes head
Okay monolatrist cheesy

You can as well browse my mind specifically.

Google Hell Victorinho's mind
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Maynman: 11:45pm On Jul 01, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

You can as well browse my mind specifically.

Google Hell Victorinho's mind

cheesy

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Angel55555(m): 12:48am On Jul 02, 2022
peggywebbs:
Why would you go take old statistics to prove your point. As of 2022 Nigeria is not top 10 and that atlas is not a top 10 list.

Okay Ma : smiley
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 02, 2022
compton11:
u are talking about sacrifice and y'all use Jesus as the same sacrifice.

So pathetic grin grin grin
You are rather pathetic who's enjoying goodwill of Christianity and should v been under the cage of barbaric religious laws.
Dumb atheist wannabe.
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by jaephoenix(m): 7:02am On Jul 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

SELF-CONTROL should be viewed from both end!

The God of Israel wants to set a standard for all nations to learn through the nation of Israel {Genesis 12:1-3} that's why He strictly warned them not to go against His orders because they're the main focus that all other nations will look upon as example.

So His decisive action in destroying them serves as WARNING EXAMPLES to any other nation who may like to worship this same God! 1Corinthians 10:11

Remember LOVE is His predominant quality so it's out of love for mankind in general that He is setting standards that will lead us all so we can regain what Adam lost: everlasting life! John 3:16

So He is acting based on the covenant (agreement) He had with that nation which most Bible readers don't read before He took decisive actions against them!

To know what justifies God's action please

READ Deuteronomy 27:9-26 smiley
Does the Bible stories sound legit to u?
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:09am On Jul 02, 2022
jaephoenix:

Does the Bible stories sound legit to u?

Perfect! smiley
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by compton11(m): 8:11am On Jul 02, 2022
Sweetplum:

You are rather pathetic who's enjoying goodwill of Christianity and should v been under the cage of barbaric religious laws.
Dumb atheist wannabe.
first of all,I'm not atheist.

Cage?

The same cage the people that brought Christianity to y'all put our ancestors in the name of that same Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Maynman: 8:12am On Jul 02, 2022
Sweetplum:

Dumb atheist wannabe.

You are the dumb theist that doesn’t know she is a monolatrist.
You don’t even know the meaning of “theism” and “atheism” and you are this loud!
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:21am On Jul 02, 2022
compton11:

first of all,I'm not atheist.
Cage?
The same cage the people that brought Christianity to y'all put our ancestors in the name of that same Christianity.

Whoever believe in supernaturals shouldn't be referred to as atheist, however true Christianity came to Africa in the early twentieth century not with guns or politics! smiley
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Maynman: 8:25am On Jul 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Whoever believe in supernaturals shouldn't be referred to as atheist, however true Christianity came to Africa in the early twentieth century not with guns or politics! smiley

And it seems islam came much earlier cheesy
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by compton11(m): 8:26am On Jul 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

hehehehe with lies.

Like using one Bible to collect many lands

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by jaephoenix(m): 8:34am On Jul 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Perfect! smiley
A book where one man kills 3000 soldiers with only a jawbone? Or where 2,000 people were on a roof of a house? And so many fairy tales. Do they sound real to u? Snow White and the 7 Dwarves sounds more realistic

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:56am On Jul 02, 2022
jaephoenix:

A book where one man kills 3000 soldiers with only a jawbone? Or where 2,000 people were on a roof of a house? And so many fairy tales. Do they sound real to u? Snow White and the 7 Dwarves sounds more realistic

The truth is that you imagine that those things aren't possible because you haven't seen what spirits can do!

The man who singlehandedly killed thousands with just a jawbone wasn't fighting with human strength rather the most powerful spirit being in the universe is the one fighting through that man's body. 2Kings 19:35
So while those fighting against him can only see one man in their midst all the forces of nature is fighting against them! smiley

And as for those on the roof top are you telling me that with the level of technology today you still doubt that 10,000 people could be assembled comfortably on a story building that's constructed to meet up with the capacity?

Well instead of thinking more about what men of ancient times were able to do with the support of supernatural forces why not look Into what humans have achieved that's similar today due to advancement in technology?

A soldier with a machine gun can kill over 10,000 people within just one day so if the Bible says Samson was able to kill 3,000 with a jawbone think of what the supernatural can turn that jawbone to while those around can only see one man with a jawbone!

Have you noticed what technology has brought to mankind?
We now watch what is happening thousands of miles away even millions of miles away on the moon while sitting in our homes. So if the Bible says a prophet in ancient times saw something like a plasma TV on his wall where he's watching what's happening in the temple hundreds of miles away know that the supernaturals already know the things mankind will still discover on this planet because they know everything on it, it's man that's slow in discovering all these things! smiley
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Maynman: 9:00am On Jul 02, 2022
Yahweh worshippers

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by jaephoenix(m): 9:11am On Jul 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The truth is that you imagine that those things aren't possible because you haven't seen what spirits can do!

The man who singlehandedly killed thousands with just a jawbone wasn't fighting with human strength rather the most powerful spirit being in the universe is the one fighting through that man's body. 2Kings 19:35
So while those fighting against him can only see one man in their midst all the forces of nature is fighting against them! smiley

And as for those on the roof top are you telling me that with the level of technology today you still doubt that 10,000 people could be assembled comfortably on a story building that's constructed to meet up with the capacity?

Well instead of thinking more about what men of ancient times were able to do with the support of supernatural forces why not look Into what humans have achieved that's similar today due to advancement in technology?

A soldier with a machine gun can kill over 10,000 people within just one day so if the Bible says Samson was able to kill 3,000 with a jawbone think of what the supernatural can turn that jawbone to while those around can only see one man with a jawbone!

Have you noticed what technology has brought to mankind?
We now watch what is happening thousands of miles away even millions of miles away on the moon while sitting in our homes. So if the Bible says a prophet in ancient times saw something like a plasma TV on his wall where he's watching what's happening in the temple hundreds of miles away know that the supernaturals already know the things mankind will still discover on this planet because they know everything on it, it's man that's slow in discovering all these things! smiley
Lol. The joke is absolutely lost on you
Supposing bros Samson was busy slaughtering soldiers with just a jawbone and u r one of the soldiers witnessing it, won't you turn around and flee? I mean this guy was busy killing guys and all of them just lined up on a queue waiting for their turn to get killed. Hahahahaha
Then Balaam abi Balaak heard his donkey talk and he behaved like its a regular stuff he sees everyday, and was busy going back and forth with bro donkey. That's regular Shrek shit right there grin
Anyone that believes Bible stories is a grade A retard. Simples

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:36am On Jul 02, 2022
jaephoenix:

Lol. The joke is absolutely lost on you
Supposing bros Samson was busy slaughtering soldiers with just a jawbone and u r one of the soldiers witnessing it, won't you turn around and flee? I mean this guy was busy killing guys and all of them just lined up on a queue waiting for their turn to get killed. Hahahahaha
Then Balaam abi Balaak heard his donkey talk and he behaved like its a regular stuff he sees everyday, and was busy going back and forth with bro donkey. That's regular Shrek shit right there grin
Anyone that believes Bible stories is a grade A retard. Simples

My friend those been killed by Samson weren't on a queue nah! cheesy

They were fighting to get rid of this man from Israel who has conquered their champions and dominating them. So don't think they just line up to be slaughtered. Haba! smiley

The other man who responded to his donkey did so out of frustration!

Going by the story he was a wizard so speaking with strange things is nothing to him but this time around his on a mission fully paid for only for his donkey who has always been there for him to stop and refused to move forward. So out of frustration he was hitting the donkey so hard like if it's possible to kill this good for nothing animal. When he heard the donkey spoke he couldn't think anything right at the moment than to tell the beast who has been his friend all times why he's now beating it so hard.

It's like you're reasoning from the perspective of a person who has never experienced spirit forces in action but it's OK i believe our minds are driven by the things we have witnessed before.

Jesus will not come and speak with you for you to believe in him but i know you will still experience the supernatural forces sooner or later in life then you will have serious questions to ask your fellow atheists about the SUPERNATURALS!

I am an ex soldier who strongly believe in physical weapons but have a lot of experience where physical weapons failed and we were astounded at what we saw. So i'm sure you will still experience something of that nature then you will remember me! smiley
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by jaephoenix(m): 9:50am On Jul 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

My friend those been killed by Samson weren't on a queue nah! cheesy

They were fighting to get rid of this man from Israel who has conquered their champions and dominating them. So don't think they just line up to be slaughtered. Haba! smiley

The other man who responded to his donkey did so out of frustration!

Going by the story he was a wizard so speaking with strange things is nothing to him but this time around his on a mission fully paid for only for his donkey who has always been there for him to stop and refused to move forward. So out of frustration he was hitting the donkey so hard like if it's possible to kill this good for nothing animal. When he heard the donkey spoke he couldn't think anything right at the moment than to tell the beast who has been his friend all times why he's now beating it so hard.

It's like you're reasoning from the perspective of a person who has never experienced spirit forces in action but it's OK i believe our minds are driven by the things we have witnessed before.

Jesus will not come and speak with you for you to believe in him but i know you will still experience the supernatural forces sooner or later in life then you will have serious questions to ask your fellow atheists about the SUPERNATURALS!

I am an ex soldier who strongly believe in physical weapons but have a lot of experience where physical weapons failed and we were astounded at what we saw. So i'm sure you will still experience something of that nature then you will remember me! smiley
So how were the men coming at him?
About Balaam, there was nowhere it was written that he's a magician. And I forgot, did you see that God changed his like 4 times in that Balaam story? I had to ask whether he's on some quality Crystal meth. I mean he said Balaam shouldn't go, then later changed his mind and said he should, then when he obeyed him, God still sent an angel to kill him. No be juju? grin
About your experiences as a soldier, I don't have any comments since its your personal experience and no one can corroborate it

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by KnownUnknown: 10:08am On Jul 02, 2022
An atheist is someone still recovering from religious indoctrination. When you’re fully cured, you’ll realize that all spirituality is nonsense including your god, his god, and her god. And that goes for spirits, angels, demons, and souls.
All ideas of the “divine” are borne out of religious indoctrination and the definition of god is totally dependent on the vocabulary and knowledge base of the believer. So god can have all kinds of description depending on who is talking.

Also, the most popular gods are obvious mythological characters. The abrahamic religion is based on incredible and improbable tales. Incredible and improbable tales are usually not believed unless they form part of a religious belief.
Samson and his magical jawbone is believed by the faithful but the faithful won’t believe that Pegasus and his flying horse saved people. Unless of course some people collect the tale of Pegasus as part of a collection they term “the word of god”. Regardless if its Word of God or Word of Dog, the authors are remain human.

What’s an atheist? Someone who doesn’t believe in “God”

What is God? A “supreme being” that “created” the world.

What is a “supreme being”?
Who told you anything was “created”?
Even if the universe was “created”, what makes you think it’s your particular “supreme being”?

Again, what is a “supreme being”?
Is it akin to “human being”?
There are multitudes of human beings, can we assume there are multitudes “supreme beings”?

What is a spirit?
What is a demon?
What is an angel?

How are they different from other mythical beings like fairies?
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by KnownUnknown: 10:13am On Jul 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The man who singlehandedly killed thousands with just a jawbone wasn't fighting with human strength rather most powerful Thanos of the universe is the one fighting through that man's body. 2Kings 19:35
So while those fighting against him can only see one man in their midst all the forces of Titan is fighting against them!
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by DonroxyII: 10:23am On Jul 02, 2022
aribisala0:
You do not become an atheist it is the other way round
No one is born with any religion in their head
Everyone is born with the emotional attachment of their Parents ingrained into their DNA until Adulthood:

When You started Questioning Yourself and Your Environments, alterations begins in response to Your Desires and/or contemporary Needs of your Environments in order to Survive and Continued Existences:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply)

Which Church Do You Attend? / Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. / Various Dates Predicted For The End Of The World That Have Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.