Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze (18891 Views)

Father Mbaka: Adoration Ministry Has Seen Peace, Love And Under Ugwuanyi / Governors Ugwuanyi And Umahi Attend Mbaka's Adoration Harvest Service (Photos) / Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by flamingREED(m): 3:14pm On Jun 29, 2022
I'm yet to read that Ohaneze has endorsed PO.

Or was it all about the dollars?
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by realestate99: 3:16pm On Jun 29, 2022
Arysexy:

Ewedu gobbling tiger face, if Peter Obi supports Obi using the pulpit, I will condemn him. It's against the cannon of the church. You won't understanding it as a typical yoloba Muslim that your imam tells you whom to vote
Keep shut!! You think you can deceive me? if Mbaka gave his support to Obituary we all know your people will be jubilating like a toddler tickled in the armpit. I am a Yoruba first, spirituality comes second, religion is distant third, but I know you can't understand because you come from a group that finds it difficult to acknowledge the other "faith" amongst its people.....your people and the northerners are not different.
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Goalsniper: 3:21pm On Jun 29, 2022
This Ohaneze has lost it by getting involved in this.
Catholic church has a universal procedure. Nobody is bigger than the Catholic church. As a priest during their ordination, they take an oat to be submissive to their bishops till date. Bishop has 100% right over any priest and what the priest has.
A laity member like me and you cannot interfere in what is happening in the midst.
Just like in the military now, a general tells a sergeant what to do and the sergeant says no.

1 Like

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Arysexy(m): 3:22pm On Jun 29, 2022
Factcheck0001:
hope u are against Paul enenche for supporting obi?

I'm not of Enenche church. I'm telling you what the Catholic cannon law stipulated which Fr Mbaka is bound to obey as a Catholic priest.

Peter Obi elder brother is a priest but he can't use the pulpit to campaign for his brother or demarket another politician
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Ajofiapero(m): 3:23pm On Jun 29, 2022
I'm a Catholic and I tell you, Mbaka's utterances weren't in line with the norms of the catholic clergymen thus he was suspended. Nobody is above being suspended when he/she goes against norms. This is just a way to correct the man of God by his superiors. Btw it was his ministry that was shutdown not a church. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by InvertedHammer: 3:26pm On Jun 29, 2022
IamWonderful:
Quite unfortunate so called Christian organization cannot take criticism, fiam the church was close down, Jesus Christ our Lord was criticism, beaten, humiliated and killed, no single person was arrested nor temple /synagogue closed down, but here in Nigeria by igbo Catholics claiming to follow Jesus, they close down church, that means if Nigerians criticism Pandora Peter Obituary like the endsars issue fiam Lagos will be close down, Oooooooooh no wonder anyone for any other presidential candidate apart from Pandora Peter Obituary are been criticized and maligned by igbos everywhere.

/
Ever heard of constructive criticism? Failed extortion is not criticism. I can say whatever from here but coming from a position of authority is idiotic.

You have seen a little bit of mindset of his followers. The same reason people do not understand how someone could strap
a bomb to himself and detonate it. The mind is a powerful thing to waste.

/

1 Like

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Arabaincubus: 3:27pm On Jun 29, 2022
These people have confirmed Mbaka to be a politician. The Catholic Church can release him so that he can continue his 'good work' as an Independent.

1 Like

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Mariangeles(f): 3:38pm On Jun 29, 2022
FalseProphet1:
From my understanding as a Christian, it's very wrong to shut down a church. If the pastor in charge violated the rules of the ministry, he should be pulled out from that branch, suspended and another pastor should be sent there to replace him.

When you shut down the church, what do you expect the committed members to do? Where do you expect them to worship?

I'm just imagining going to my church on Sunday and I see the place close and they tell me our Regional Overseer closed the place because he had an issue with our branch pastor, I'll just look for another church and attend.

The Catholic Church is the biggest loser here, cos if Adoration ministry remains shut till next month, they'll loose all their committed members to other churches.

Copied....from a Nairalander's (Nazgul) post.

Catholics don't change church that easily. It'll take a lot more for them to change church.
Instead, they'll change parish.
There's always a parish close enough, and their doctrines are the same everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by eteba(m): 3:40pm On Jun 29, 2022
Time bomb ko! Hiroshima bomb ni!

Mbaka should be transferred to Yobe diocese.
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by capofwesh(m): 3:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
Nazgul:

I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with you.

From my understanding as a Christian, it's very wrong to shut down a church. If the pastor in charge violated the rules of the ministry, he should be pulled out from that branch, suspended and another pastor should be sent there to replace him.

When you shut down the church, what do you expect the committed members to do? Where do you expect them to worship?

I'm just imagining going to my church on Sunday and I see the place close and they tell me our Regional Overseer closed the place because he had an issue with our branch pastor, I'll just look for another church and attend.

The Catholic Church is the biggest loser here, cos if Adoration ministry remains shut till next month, they'll loose all their committed members to other churches.
The Adoration ground was closed and not the church. The ministry is a part program of the church which is headed by Mbaka and has been closed down by the bishop. Weekdays and Sunday masses holds in the parish church but no Thursday adoration at the adoration ground.

1 Like

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by capofwesh(m): 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2022
ghettokid1:
Mbaka’s Adoration ban a time bomb – Ohanaeze

https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/29/mbakas-adoration-ban-a-time-bomb-ohanaeze/#:~:text=On%20the%20threat,and%20forgive%20him.%E2%80%9D

Topic is adoration ban but I am reading comments about church closure. Nawa for us o

1 Like

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by tarboshi(m): 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2022
Nazgul:

Adoration Ministry is not a church. It's a prayer ministry under Enugu Diocese. Mbaka has a church/parish where he performs his priestly duties. What was closed was the activity of the Adoration Ministry.

I hope the closure is not permanent, though.

1 Like

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by chriss100: 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2022
Why wasn’t his ministry shut down the last year or so since he’s been criticizing Buhari?!! I guess the church have to protect Obi their anointed son and the future president of Biafra republic. lol
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Penguin2: 4:15pm On Jun 29, 2022
Nazgul:

You are talking as a Pentecostal without an iota of understanding of how the Catholic Church functions.

First, Mbaka’s Adoration ground is not a parish. There are parishes around there for faithfuls to attend masses on Sundays. The Adoration Ground is just a place of prayer.

Second, anyone who leaves the Catholic Church because Mbaka’s Adoration ground was closed was never a Catholic in the first place.

The Church did not start today to see schisms.

2 Likes

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Penguin2: 4:16pm On Jun 29, 2022
chriss100:
Why wasn’t his ministry shut down the last year or so since he’s been criticizing Buhari?!! I guess the church have to protect Obi their anointed son and the future president of Biafra republic. lol

Was it not closed for one month?
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by einsteine(m): 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2022
Can't the catholic church excommunicate the priest and that way, he can go start his own church if he so desires.
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by OkoAmarashy: 4:20pm On Jun 29, 2022
Ohaneze is becoming a nuisance
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 29, 2022
Nazgul:

Mbaka has been warned several times in the past years. But he still keeps on making same mistakes. It was wise for the church to shut down his ministry for a while. Ka isi juo ya oyi

1 Like

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Chidywhite: 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2022
My people perish for lack of knowledge.
Indoctrination and hypnotism has beclouded ndi Igbo to a point they can't reason or see clearly. I regret ever coming from that geographical location.
Is Mbaka a true man of God?, must he force SE politicians to pay him homage or else he will use his ministry to bring the person down?, to give money na by force, I think Aso Rock has pursued him.
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Miracle2020: 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
lomprico:
With all these threats of killing and leaving the Catholic church, it a pure indication that mbaka breeds fanatics and extremists in that camp, if I'm the bishop, I won't open it again let him go and serve like other priests in parishes. Lubbish.
and what are you going to do with the 25000 people he is feeding everyday?
Will Peter Obi now feed them?
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by TAYO124: 5:02pm On Jun 29, 2022
Oxb90:
All I know is that Mbaka is not a prophet. God does not lie. There is no way HE could have told him that Buhari was the saviour Nigeria needed in 2015. And 7yrs plus later, Nigeria is still looking for a saviour.
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Did Mbaka ever suggest to anybody that he was speaking for God? He has shown over time that he speaks for mammon like many other priests in Nigeria.
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Miracle2020: 5:02pm On Jun 29, 2022
Peter Obi cannot take criticism. Mbaka only revealed what God told him and Peter Obi decided to close the church just because mbaka said the truth.
Mbaka criticize a sitting president but nobody pursue him, now an ordinary ex governor was criticize and hell was brought down on mbaka.
So if Peter Obi accidentally become the president hundreds of churches will be closed down.
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Miracle2020: 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2022
TAYO124:

Did Mbaka ever suggest to anybody that he was speaking for God? He has shown over time that he speaks for mammon like many other priests in Nigeria.
that is your problem,but all I know that mbaka is an anointed man of God.
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Chidywhite: 5:05pm On Jun 29, 2022
Chidywhite:
My people perish for lack of knowledge.
Indoctrination and hypnotism has beclouded ndi Igbo to a point they can't reason or see clearly. I regret ever coming from that geographical location.
Is Mbaka a true man of God?, must he force SE politicians to pay him homage or else he will use his ministry to bring the person down?, to give money na by force, I think Aso Rock has pursued him.
Our people in SE �

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Arysexy(m): 5:08pm On Jun 29, 2022
FalseProphet1:

Copied....from a Nairalander's (Nazgul) post.

For your information, Fr Mbaka has a parish outside the adoration ministry where he pastors. That parish was not shut down. What was shut down us d adoration ministry which is a chaplaincy under the parish he pastors.

All the ppl that attend adoration ministry have their individual parishes where they worship on Sunday.
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Ventrue: 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2022
THIS OHANAESE OF A THING IS AN ORGANISATION OF A BUNCH OF FULLS. PERIOD!
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Arysexy(m): 5:15pm On Jun 29, 2022
Miracle2020:
Peter Obi cannot take criticism. Mbaka only revealed what God told him and Peter Obi decided to close the church just because mbaka said the truth.
Mbaka criticize a sitting president but nobody pursue him, now an ordinary ex governor was criticize and hell was brought down on mbaka.
So if Peter Obi accidentally become the president hundreds of churches will be closed down.

Wetin concern Peter Obi with Mbaka's ordeal? The first and second time Fr mbaka attacked Peter Obi, did you read anywhere that he responded or replied him?

You said mbaka criticized a sitting President and nobody pursued him, are you having memory loss? The last time for Mbaka attacked Buhari, the adoration was closed and he was sent on retreat, thereafter, he apologized and the adoration was opened.

You must not comment if you don't have facts
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Arysexy(m): 5:21pm On Jun 29, 2022
chriss100:

Stop spreading fake information. Adoration was shut down for one month, and Fr Mbaka asked to proceed on retreat after he attacked Buhari.

[b]Mbaka shuts down his Adoration Ministry
The priest is proceeding on a one-month private prayer retreat in obedience to an earlier order by the Catholic Bishop of Enugu.
ByJames Eze May 11, 2021 1 min read

Outspoken Enugu Catholic Priest, Ejike Mbaka, has announced a one-month shutdown of the Adoration Ministry in Enugu.

The priest made the announcement in a notice sent out on Tuesday morning.

This decision, it was gathered, followed the order given to him by the Catholic Bishop of Enugu Diocese, Calistus Onaga to embark on a one-month retreat.

The statement said Mr Mbaka was proceeding on a one-month private prayer retreat.

The statement read “Our Spiritual Director, Rev Fr Ejike Mbaka wishes to inform his beloved adorers that he has embarked on a private prayer retreat that will end on 10th June 2021.

“Consequently, no ministry activities shall be held in the ministry ground pending his return.

“He directs that members of the ministry are to observe this period of his retreat as they used to do during the usual January breaks of the ministry, by praying at their homes, being charitable and fasting according to their ability. Adoration! Holy Spirit is our Power!”

It will be recalled that following the exchange of words between Mr Mbaka and Nigeria’s Presidency recently, the priest was summoned last Tuesday by the bishop of the Diocese.

Twenty-four hours later, information went viral on social media that the priest was missing.

His parishioners thereafter embarked on a protest to the bishop’s residence where they allegedly destroyed properties within the premises.

They were also said to have destroyed properties at the Holy Ghost Cathedral before Mr Mbaka later appeared and took them away to New Haven where he addressed them.

Addressing the parishioners, the priest said he was denied access to his phones and ordered to proceed on one-month suspension.

He also alleged that the diocesan leadership wanted to close down the Adoration ministry.

Following the attack, the Bishop, Mr Onaga declared a one-week prayer for reparation over the incident.

But on Sunday, Mr Mbaka apologised to the bishop and other Catholic faithful of the diocese for the destruction of parts of the bishop’s residence and the Holy Ghost Cathedral[/b]
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by matm: 5:25pm On Jun 29, 2022
Nazgul:

The adoration ministry was singlehandedly set up and opened by Mbaka and not the Catholic church authority.
It was made a chaplaincy to ensure the diocese has direct access to monitoring and checkmating Mbaka's use of inciting political statements and to let him know that he is still under the authority of d church.

1 Like

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by IMASTEX: 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2022
LegendHero:
Imagine how these guys behave like terrorists.

How do you ban someone simply because he abused and failed to support your candidate?
You think the Roman Catholic Church is like your country without a constitution, rules & regulations and where impunity is the order of the day. If Mbaka acted in line with the church doctrine, you think he doesn't know what he would have done by now to seek a redress? To you it's okay to try to obtain money from people by force, when the bible stated freely I have received and freely I give. Even the bible said, if a prophet says a word in His name and it doesn't come to pass, such is not of him. With all he said in the name of the Lord about Buhari heaven or earth prophecies. It's enough to add him to those religious hustlers.

1 Like

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by ComeToJesus: 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2022
ghettokid1:
Mbaka’s Adoration ban a time bomb – Ohanaeze

https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/29/mbakas-adoration-ban-a-time-bomb-ohanaeze/#:~:text=On%20the%20threat,and%20forgive%20him.%E2%80%9D

"The group said they had been making efforts to calm the frayed nerves of Fr. Mbaka’s followers, stressing that it would be difficult to hold them for too long"

Are they not no longer devoted faithfuls? Will they transmogrify into unknown gun men sad
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by LegendHero(m): 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2022
IMASTEX:

You think the Roman Catholic Church is like your country without a constitution, rules & regulations and where impunity is the order of the day. If Mbaka acted in line with the church doctrine, you think he doesn't know what he would have done by now to seek a redress?

So Mbaka is the only catholic person that openly support or oppose a politician?

You guys are extremists, ALL of you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday / Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) / Abacha Loot: Buhari Thanks Swiss Govt For Returning $322.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.