Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,488 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ (22237 Views)

Ukr Has Allegedly Handed Over To Russia Its "Peace Plan" Agreed With The US / Zelensky Calls Russia's Missile Strike On Kharkiv's Freedom Square A 'war Crime' / US Vs IRAN, Check Out Some Of The Most Significant Weapons In The US Military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by 27Pushing30: 7:13pm On Jun 29, 2022
okeysoninv:
many members of NATO are not committed to the pacts..if I were Biden will just withdraw USA from NATO. the alliance is rubbish..

You know it... even the Ukraine war na USA just dey commit resources upandan.

1 Like

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Johel(m): 7:14pm On Jun 29, 2022

1 Like

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by AroleOduduwa2: 7:16pm On Jun 29, 2022
mach7:
I think you meant to say Argentina

Typo, thanks for the correction.
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by dyera(m): 7:16pm On Jun 29, 2022
Mrtaye:

NATO is an alliance formed to check the hostilities, excesses and impunity of Russia in Europe

You know that countries forming alliance in order to be able to fight against other powerful countries / alliance was exactly what happened before the start of world war 1 and 2.

If Russia form an alliance with China, Iran, Brazil, India and other anti west countries, US and NATO would start crying foul.

3 Likes

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by InoGetJoy: 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2022
AroleOduduwa2:

I understand what they mean. The world is waking up; Iran and Argentina have formally applied to join the Brics; additional nations will follow suit. The end of US hegemony has arrived, as empires grow and fall.
Fact
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Firstcitizen: 7:20pm On Jun 29, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Russia also lost to the Taliban and they were right next door...What’s your point?
grin

They did defeat them...They tossed them out of power and kept them at bay for 20 years...It was the ANA who could not defeat them not NATO.. undecided grin
20 years! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Firstcitizen: 7:20pm On Jun 29, 2022
zinaunreal:

What do you know about war.

Oshe! Field Marshal Zina. The only highly decorated NL war veteran

1 Like

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Ckonnet: 7:22pm On Jun 29, 2022
mach7:
Russia was never concerned about the EU. It isn't a military alliance.

Russia is concerned about NATO because conflict with it will lead to ruination of itself and also NATO. Ukraine joining NATO (or even intending to do so) was always a redline.

Yea I know that,what iam trying to say is that eu and nato understands and will respect these red lines because they know the impact just like they are feeling the heat now. They would have lured ukraine into eu or accepted them into nato because of their strategic importance if they weren't ready to respect the red line.
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:23pm On Jun 29, 2022
Firstcitizen:

20 years! cheesy
wink
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Bigfish121(m): 7:23pm On Jun 29, 2022
US is really looking for way to invade Russia but they can't because Russia is fully ready for them.A country as big as Russia can never be sidelined because of the amount of resources she has .Despite the sanctions,Russia is still standing strong.Very soon there will be uprising in the entire Europe.

4 Likes

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Firstcitizen: 7:25pm On Jun 29, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

wink

Make we help dem shame?
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Ckonnet: 7:28pm On Jun 29, 2022
Drenimarcus:

Says who? Things are perfectly fine in Russia albeit the inflation and it is slowing down. Dropped down further today. Shelves are full in Russia, there is food, gas, oil. If you want proof, i can tell my Ruskies friends to send some.

We in the west are the ones suffering for this nonsense war, US officially ventured into Recession today. How about that?

Information coming out from Russia is as the same as the one being released by NBS of Nigeria. I wonder how a country where almost all international companies, suppliers and buyers of your products pulled out from you and you sit there and believe that inflation and all is going well. Thousands if not millions lost their job from the pulling out and you believe all is well. Thank God u said the west is feeling it so imagine a scenario where jobs where lost to the extent that international payment is grounded. Odikwa egwu!!

3 Likes

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Loftus(m): 7:31pm On Jun 29, 2022
USA is a threat to the world

1 Like

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by dantewest: 7:31pm On Jun 29, 2022
Mrtaye:

USA not scared but too civil to invade Russia

Too civil to attack Russia, are you trying to say the USA was barbaric by attacking Iraq with fake news?

It’s okay to defend rubbish but use sense when doing so.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by mach7(m): 7:32pm On Jun 29, 2022
Ckonnet:

Yea I know that,what iam trying to say is that eu and nato understands and will respect these red lines because they know the impact just like they are feeling the heat now. They would have lured ukraine into eu or accepted them into nato because of their strategic importance if they weren't ready to respect the red line.
I don't think they cared about Russia's red lines until Russia chose to act.

Remember the 2008 NATO Bucharest Summit, where Ukraine and Georgia were invited as members-in-waiting? That's where everything started. It now culminated in the Maidan Coup of 2014 and here we are.

Same thing is happening in the South China Sea. US never respects anybody else's interest only its own and the EU is just an appendage of the US.

7 Likes

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by seanwilliam(m): 7:34pm On Jun 29, 2022
Drenimarcus:
If you need 32 nations to defeat one country, then you are not strong enough. Still not a match for the Russkies.
apart from nuclear weapons which is M.A.D, Germany will destroy Russia not to talk of almighty U.S of A
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by jimetagambo: 7:38pm On Jun 29, 2022
Ckonnet:

Information coming out from Russia is as the same as the one being released by NBS of Nigeria. I wonder how a country where almost all international companies, suppliers and buyers of your products pulled out from you and you sit there and believe that inflation and all is going well. Thousands if not millions lost their job from the pulling out and you believe all is well. Thank God u said the west is feeling it so imagine a scenario where jobs where lost to the extent that international payment is grounded. Odikwa egwu!!
Russia that are now making cars without airbags. Just imagine. Even China is refusing to supply Russia fake parts for aeroplanes grin

Things are fine indeed grin

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Tobi890: 7:39pm On Jun 29, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Says wh0? grin
This is an alliance..or don't ya think? grin

Russia is no match to NATO.. grin
The numbers shift a bit from source to source..but the last I checked NATO in Europe has three times Russia’s air strength and a similar advantage in ground forces...

That is just in Europe..not counting American and Canadian reinforcements...If NATO in Europe call for it the United States alone has double the number of modern strike aircraft available to Russia...
So where is ya nonsense coming from? grin

NATO literally said russia is the most significant and direct threat to them, you are blabbling what you don't know, Ukraine joined NATO for them to aid them defeat Russia, NATO is busy strengthening other NATO countries instead of facing the main issue, head on, are you waiting for them to say clearly, we are afraid of Russia? If it is a country like syria, they won't wait for 2 days

5 Likes

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Drenimarcus(m): 7:42pm On Jun 29, 2022
seanwilliam:
apart from nuclear weapons which is M.A.D, Germany will destroy Russia not to talk of almighty U.S of A

Like in 1945? grin The only countries capable of waging a war with the Ruskies are the US, Turkey and maybe France. Others are twig which Russia will break easily. Look at Ukraine getting decimated back to back.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:42pm On Jun 29, 2022
Tobi890:
NATO literally said russia is the most significant and direct threat to them, you are blabbling what you don't know, Ukraine joined NATO for them to aid them defeat Russia, NATO is busy strengthening other NATO countries instead of facing the main issue, head on, are you waiting for them to say clearly, we are afraid of Russia? If it is a country like syria, they will won't waste for 2 days
Direct threat doesn't mean they are scared of poor Russia.. grin

And boy stop the misinformation.. Ukraine ain't a member of NATO.. grin
Ukraine wants to join Nato so that Russia will not dare to invade it...
Recent events demonstrate how valid this concern actually is... undecided
Dumbo think with ya head..

1 Like

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by sleemomymy: 7:46pm On Jun 29, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Says wh0? grin
This is an alliance..or don't ya think? grin

Russia is no match to NATO.. grin
The numbers shift a bit from source to source..but the last I checked NATO in Europe has three times Russia’s air strength and a similar advantage in ground forces...

That is just in Europe..not counting American and Canadian reinforcements...If NATO in Europe call for it the United States alone has double the number of modern strike aircraft available to Russia...
So where is ya nonsense coming from? ;

Shamboic view. Do you know how much the American and the Europe had spend in terms of weapon and aid? Yet Russia is still standing strong and the America and Europe is getting weaker day by day.
WHEN LAST DID YOU CHECK THE INFLAMMATION RATE IN EUROPE AND AMERICA?

1 Like

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Ckonnet: 7:50pm On Jun 29, 2022
Goddson:

Bro stop the lies, Russia does not import “most” of what they use as you call it, their economy is not dependent on importation unlike the west. the few things which they import has been addressed with the introduction of parallel importation.

Please pick a history book about Russia and the west and read before you come to this forum to spread your ignorance.

Mind you I’m well traveled and I can tell you, European countries are feeling the impact of their sanctions more

If you are well travelled you won't be saying this or probably you don't understand how production or the system works. U just want to argue.
But I will educate you small.
1. Most cars being driven in russia is from the west. ( no more replacement of spare parts if the available stock dries up
2. Bulk of their passengers airlines are either Boeing or Airbus which is from the west
3. Baker Hughes, slumberger and Halliburton technologies are used by Russia for harnessing refining their oil. Those are western countries.
4.SWIFT is the world's most effective international money transfer technology. It's from the west.
5.mastercard n visa pulled out also. It's a western company. All these companies employes thousands of Russians and pay billions of tax to the Russian economy. So if you don't understand how macro economics works,you can always ask me and stop arguing blindly.i don't support any of them,iam just giving you facts.

4 Likes

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by engrchykae(m): 7:51pm On Jun 29, 2022
alcuin:
And NATO is also a threat to Russia.

May I ask, what exactly is the reason for NATO in the first place?
After the red army brought down Germany.
From Stalingrad to Berlin.
The rest of Europe feared Russia and formed NATO in 1947.

1 Like

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Drenimarcus(m): 7:51pm On Jun 29, 2022
Ckonnet:

Inflation has dropped in Russia 4 times and the central bank has lowered rates 4 times. Yes countries pulled out and people lost their jobs but the Russian government has nationalized those who left. Example of these are McDonalds, the French company Renault, and some others.

Some of the companies who left are even coming back. Example is Toyota and some American companies.

Meanwhile, in the west, we officially entered recession today and the Fed is raising rates and still cannot combat inflation.

3 Likes

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Ckonnet: 7:51pm On Jun 29, 2022
mach7:
I don't think they cared about Russia's red lines until Russia chose to act.

Remember the 2008 NATO Bucharest Summit, where Ukraine and Georgia were invited as members-in-waiting? That's where everything started. It now culminated in the Maidan Coup of 2014 and here we are.

Same thing is happening in the South China Sea. US never respects anybody else's interest only its own and the EU is just an appendage of the US.

They are just being gentlemen not scaled but politics is dirty and that's what everyone plays.
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Ckonnet: 7:54pm On Jun 29, 2022
Drenimarcus:

Inflation has dropped in Russia 4 times and the central bank has lowered rates 4 times. Yes countries pulled out and people lost their jobs but the Russian government has nationalized those who left. Example of these are McDonalds, the French company Renault, and some others.

Some of the companies who left are even coming back. Example is Toyota and some American companies.

Meanwhile, in the west, we officially entered recession today and the Fed is raising rates and still cannot combat inflation.

Yea they can't make up figures in the west that's why you know but Russia is as the same as Nigerian nbs with their unrealistic figures. Imagine a country under the worst ban experienced by mankind telling you that.
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by engrchykae(m): 7:55pm On Jun 29, 2022
mach7:
A useless club led by a bully with willing and unwilling crew members.

Despite all their rhetoric, all of them individually and collectively know that any mistake they make in attacking Russia or Russian interests will lead to a devastating conclusion to their liberal and decadent civilisations.

As to the claim on NATO Salesman of the year, Finland and Sweden have been NATO Enhanced Opportunities Partner since 2015 or so. Finland is even a member of NATO's Rapid Reaction Force and they have been doing multiple exercises since time immemorial while being actively courted to formally join NATO since 2010. So nothing changes in terms of their threats to Russia.

What simply will happen is that Russia will allocate two Nuclear missiles each for Finland and Sweden and will militarise the border/Islands surrounding Finland & Sweden. This is separate from certain economic decisions that Russia will take which will be harmful to their economies.

As for Turkey, I hope they got what they really wanted in return for acceding to Finland & Sweden joining.

Nothing spoil.
why can't Ukraine make peace with Russia?
Ukraine first applied for NATO membership before Finland and Sweden but Finland and Sweden were accepted quickly.
The west are just using Ukraine as a battle ground to fight Russia.
And Ukraine are foolish for allowing this .

1 Like

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Ckonnet: 7:57pm On Jun 29, 2022
jimetagambo:

Russia that are now making cars without airbags. Just imagine. Even China is refusing to supply Russia fake parts for aeroplanes grin

Things are fine indeed grin

Me iam tired of arguing with my naija peeps, they always imagine life from beer pArlour.

4 Likes

Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by jimetagambo: 7:58pm On Jun 29, 2022
Drenimarcus:

I haven't seen this any where in the west?

Post a link that states that the US has now officially entered recession.

I also can't find any news of Toyota returning to russia. Post a reliable and credible link to black that claim up as well
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by engrchykae(m): 7:58pm On Jun 29, 2022
naija4life247:
32 coward countrries scared of just one country.
cowards are deadly
France is a typical example
Re: NATO Calls Russia Its ‘Most Significant and Direct Threat’ by Asour: 8:00pm On Jun 29, 2022
Drenimarcus:

WW2 you mean?

NATO is sort of a private club of not very agreeable people/countries, who had got together for the fear of the Soviet Union, and kept on against Russia. The only unity these countries have is only on the family picture.

Yes, WW2. Thanks for the correction.

My point was that when the War ended in 1945, Russia wasn't the 'Villian' of you will.
Germany was.

The same Germany is now a member of NATO.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lord Macaulay's Address To The British Paliament On Breaking Africa / British MP, David Amess' Stabbing Confirmed As A Aterrorist Incident / Peace Talks Ended Between Russia And Ukraine With No Breakthrough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.