Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? (33212 Views)

Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. / In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me / "I Beat My Wife Everyday, Yet We Are The Best Couple On Earth" – Pastor Jackson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Kankawormm(f): 3:46pm On Nov 08, 2022
I just got divorced some days back.. And this was one of the reasons.. There's nothing wrong in a mother calling her daughter.. But when it gets too much.. Some private matters would certainly be leaked as a result it too much talk or cos there's nothing more to say..

4 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by LastProphet: 3:48pm On Nov 08, 2022
Adinije:
Does your wife complain about it?
Does she tell her mum everything that goes on in the house?
Has your MIL in any way cause friction between you and your wife? If your answers to all is No, then don't go and look for trouble that doesn't exist.

Please leave it alone.

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Erums(m): 3:50pm On Nov 08, 2022
i am also a victim

ttoyetade:

Of course they will be discussing everything that goes on in the house, small or big thing. The best thing is to stop it now before it is too late. The wife will not be able to make her own judgement and decision and will always do what the mum tells her. I am a victim of that and will not advise anyone to allow it. The wife will trust her mum more than the husband

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Dada4me: 3:51pm On Nov 08, 2022
I had same issue few years ago.

Don't fight any of them.

Just ensure that the family decisions you take with your wife is not influenced in any way by your mother-in-law.

Gradually, the calls will reduce to how it ought to be.

I have my peace and still at peace with both parties.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Ybaby: 4:11pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:
Please I need your opinion on this issue.

Though before I got married I discovered my mother inlaw calls all her daughters both married and unmarried everyday (only 3 ladies no boys) and they fear her to the bone.

At times every morning and night just to talk to them but I believe when they get married they need privacy and respect but this is not the case for my mother-in-law and I detest such act.

Mind you I'm not against call or trying to break the bond but I believe this is marriage. I'm looking for a way to stop all that

I'm I wrong or right to take that step ?

Hummn
I understand how you feel but as long as they are not discussing you then try and carry eye. Just focus on your next business idea execution. No one wants to share Thier partner but they came from a place you know.
Your mother in law seems over bearing sha but she is your mother in law and you cannot change her as you cannot change your own mother.

Just bear it as long as they are not talking about you.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Greenfusion: 4:26pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

Though before I got married I discovered my mother inlaw calls all her daughters both married and unmarried everyday (only 3 ladies no boys) and they fear her to the bone.

At times every morning and night just to talk to them but I believe when they get married they need privacy and respect but this is not the case for my mother-in-law and I detest such act.

Mind you I'm not against call or trying to break the bond but I believe this is marriage. I'm looking for a way to stop all that

Your write up is very funny and unreasonable, sorry to say that. It baffles me what people really want and how they see things. You don't want your wife's mother to call her frequently, her own daughter!.....when you have your own children, don't call them ehn. I wonder what scares you, do you really think if they want to kill or destroy you stopping the calls would prevent it?
Or is it that you are just jealous?
Abi she dey always call when u suppose dey duty?
I nor just understand

The woman is only calling her daughter as probably the way she does previously, that's how mothers are, them dey worri, its normal.
You, your mama nor dey call you?

My guy, you should find better things to do with your time rather than counting your mother in-law's call that come in daily.

Now, tell me, if your wife comes and say to you, Darling, i don't like the way your mother always call you several times daily, and further said, tell her to stop it...what would be your response?

Avoid problem by leaving your wife and mother alone,
You don't even know that, the better call comes in the easier for you to detect threats. Let her not call you guys for one year and tell me if fear go let you chop her food.

My guy, easy o, nor go cause problem for your marriage when wahala nor dey o. Marriage dey scatter anyhow these days o.... Nor think say you be man o, that u can always get another woman o, hold your own with sense.
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by aestake: 4:37pm On Nov 08, 2022
IbnIbrahim:
I want to believe a teenager is typing this shocked
Yes, teenagers know better than adults nowadays.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by DreeX: 4:37pm On Nov 08, 2022
etrange:

Tell us, what is the meaning of marriage? Discarding everyone else in your life? Would you prefer she chats more with her friends? Or do you think that you alone would be sufficient for her social needs as a human being?

Men tend to keep their legion of friends and hang out with them even after marriage. The society makes women to stay away from some of her single friends and virtually anything male after marriage. Even the few friends she's got left, she wouldn't be seeing them as often as she used to cause she's expected to be "homely". The result is that they end up depending on only their husband's to fill thier social needs till she has kids or make friends with the wives of her husband's friends. However, the reality is that the husband cannot completely fill up that social gap. That's why we say women talk to much or always have boring stories we're forced to listen to and that they love excess attention and would nag if they don't get it.

There's nothing wrong with your wife talking with her mum. When she has kids, it'll probably reduce cause she'll have more people to interact with.
your level of intelligence is second to none

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Nostring: 4:38pm On Nov 08, 2022
harizonal123:
Lol ! op you never see any thing you r complaining. Learn to live with that as I'm typing this my wife and her mum are gisting and they do that three times every blessed day. If that's what give them joy no wahala. The part that annoys me most is the late night and early morning calls. I have a learn to accept the things I cannot change
here too o.. my own go even follow her brothers gist about their daily activities very very early in the morning ,na until I complained she dey disturb my sleep she con dey go sitting room undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 4:47pm On Nov 08, 2022
Yes, it is proper, to checking on her daughter and most times on me.
No big deal, love for her daughter.
Mide70:

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Blazadenise(m): 5:01pm On Nov 08, 2022
Most of you men just go into marriage without having marital knowledge, imagine question way this one they ask, beta calm down before Bp go kill you,think 40years into the future bros, imagine all you have spent on the kids they now got married your wife start calling her children to checkup on them.. A man somewhere is now trying to cut your daughter off her mother via there communication they been bonding with for years before u even came into the picture, Una no they even get small sense at all.naa pple like you they buy customize car for wife while your mum still jump from bike to bike up and down. Im very sure you Genz

3 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Blazadenise(m): 5:04pm On Nov 08, 2022
Nostring:
here too o.. my own go even follow her brothers gist about their daily activities very very early in the morning ,na until I complained she dey disturb my sleep she con dey go sitting room undecided

It's normal in early marriage it will fade out naturally with time,enjoy the moment with your wife and bond more with her family, will make your marriage much stronger.. Naa one of the reason marriage re crashing here and there..little things like thz matters.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Nostring: 5:07pm On Nov 08, 2022
Blazadenise:

It's normal in early marriage it will fade out naturally with time,enjoy the moment with your wife and bond more with her family, will make your marriage much stronger.. Naa one of the reason marriage re crashing here and there..little things like thz matters.
you're absolutely right

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by aklion: 5:09pm On Nov 08, 2022
Bro nothing wrong with that tho it's risky Sha believe mi. Where you should really be scared is if your wife tells her mom everything that goes on in your home... From misunderstanding to even wetin you tell her as secret and all that. That should be your fears. If any married man no get respect from her inlaws mostly his wife had sell him out... Dunno if u get that last gist
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Kufremfon1(m): 5:11pm On Nov 08, 2022
I don't see anything wrong with that, my wife can't stay a day without hearing from her mum and am cool with that.... �

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Emmanuel909090: 5:22pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

See jealousy oh

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by omolasho: 5:31pm On Nov 08, 2022
Eeeeeh oops please be extremely careful about your mother inlaw. Don't interrupt them if you still like your marriage/home. Time shall decide every fate. E get reason Y o.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by ajitoyo: 5:36pm On Nov 08, 2022
Why looking for trouble where there is none? My wife mother call her everyday, what is my own? The fact that you married somebody's daughter does not give you right over how to choose to talk with their parent/family member. Oga there are so many life issues to worry about, this is not one of them.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by ajitoyo: 5:37pm On Nov 08, 2022
Why looking for trouble where there is none? My wife mother call her everyday, what is my own? The fact that you married somebody's daughter does not give you right over how and when they choose to talk to their parent/family member. Oga there are so many life issues to worry about, this is not one of them.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Oizee(f): 5:38pm On Nov 08, 2022
zionzoe:

Women defending women as always.

Too much everything is Bad.
it's not that, and I didn't even think in that direction.

One thing I noticed with people is that, as they are getting older, they tend to feel lonely and isolated especially when their children have all left home and they have nothing doing, thank God for phone that make them feel connected.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by galaxy2020(m): 5:40pm On Nov 08, 2022
..very bad sign. My own wife, calls her mother and sister almost everyday, but hardly calls my widowed mum or my sisters.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by detectivejones: 5:50pm On Nov 08, 2022
galaxy2020:
..very bad sign. My own wife, calls her mother and sister almost everyday, but hardly calls my widowed mum or my sisters.
Then learn from her and start calling your 'widowed mum' as well. Shikenan

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by MPXV: 5:57pm On Nov 08, 2022
Hypocrites everywhere, should the table be turned, they will tag the man "mummy's boy"
undecided

3 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by galaxy2020(m): 6:00pm On Nov 08, 2022
Are you married? I guess not.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by zionzoe(m): 6:06pm On Nov 08, 2022
Oizee:
it's not that, and I didn't even think in that direction.

One thing I noticed with people is that, as they are getting older, they tend to feel lonely and isolated especially when their children have all left home and they have nothing doing, thank God for phone that make them feel connected.

You know, women don't tend to "Leave" and "cleave" to their spouse.

Moreso , don't tell me they don't discuss her Husband because "one day talk go go dir".

If the non leaving is affecting the cleaving , so much that the other party is frustrated by it then adjustment must be made. Or Better still let her park out and go and stay with her Lovely Mother.

I am not emotional about this because that is how men are designed. We think with head while women are emotional beings.

Look for a nanny to stay with mother for talks.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Goldie16(f): 6:27pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

If you're not comfortable with that, please tell your wife about it. Communication is key. There's absolutely no point enduring what you don't like. Marriage is for life

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by haslaw(m): 6:43pm On Nov 08, 2022
Adinije:
It's a marriage o. Not a prison

The husband paid one bride price not two.

Did the husband tell you that he was marrying the daughter and the mother?

The mother should go and look for her own husband and leave her daughter's marriage alone

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by AdaAwka1: 6:44pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

Am married happily for 12yrs now, i speak to my mum sometimes 2 times a day. What has dat go to do with my marriage. Oga focus on making yr home comfortable, nothing concern u with the no of times yr wife talks to her family.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by semanose: 6:45pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:
calling her morning and evening of everyday? Don't you people know the meaning of marriage ?

What's the meaning of marriage?

Na wao
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by moneyissweet(m): 6:47pm On Nov 08, 2022
Talk to your wife and end it now before she will start dictating what happens in your house.

This isn't a good sign o

Mide70:

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by semanose: 6:48pm On Nov 08, 2022
mypaddle:
Rubbish thread. So because you don't have a closely knitted family that looks after each other by constant calling doesnt take the fact that other families do. Op so you prefer her ex to be doing the calling shei........

I tire.

If you have a family that watches each other's back. It's the most beautiful thing.

That relationship grows and extends to the next generation.

It's usually very interesting. Too bad a lot of people don't get to experience it.

So if my three girls get married tomorrow, their husbands should cut me off?

Tell me something...
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by oluxy(m): 6:54pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

Oboy! This man go wicked ooo.
Somebody trained her kids to adult, someone came and picked them for marriage, now he's planing to cut the bond just because she's calling a fruit. What about if she want to come stay with her daughter, what will you do?

You will poison her I guess or you start fighting her daughter your wife and before you know it, your house is on fire. Who caused it? The man that hatred of his mother inlaw is in his heart over calling her daughter everyday.

You said you don't want to cut the bond but you want to stop her. Please stopping her and cutting the bond, is there different?

In future when you grow old, your son in-law now decide to do same to you by restricting your daughter from giving you anything not even call this time around but deny you all access to them, I believe you will say it's village people, no, it's karma, nemesis.

Leave them alone, let the mother call her daughter as many times as she want.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"My Husband Is Molesting Our 12-Year-Old Househelp" - Nigerian Woman (Screenshot / Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. / Nigerian Couple Who Welcomed Sextuplets After 17 Years Of Marriage In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.