Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,976 members, 7,814,325 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? (33220 Views)

Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. / In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me / "I Beat My Wife Everyday, Yet We Are The Best Couple On Earth" – Pastor Jackson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by haslaw(m): 9:15am On Nov 09, 2022
Adinije:
Ndi brideprice. Lol

He didn't want daughter and mother? Did he tell you that the mother was calling him. Abeg!!

Omo see reasoning. grin

All these "buy one get one free" people.

Triangle marriages

3 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by fxexperts: 9:49am On Nov 09, 2022
FaithBrain1994:
OP your nyash dey outside o. Quit the sh!T. She is now your wife and must do your biddings. Who knows how many times dem done discuss the size of your gbola. Gosh, where is the masculinity in men? Open your eyes mahn! Like i said earlier, i will never marry a broke woman, never!
Look at this gigolo gold digger. for your mind you are man. sorry to inform you, you are just a little kid, with childish brain. Inferiority complex is your problem. Grow up kidoo..

haslaw:

The husband paid one bride price not two.

Did the husband tell you that he was marrying the daughter and the mother?

The mother should go and look for her own husband and leave her daughter's marriage alone
Imagine these childish kids.

Kankawormm:
I just got divorced some days back.. And this was one of the reasons.. There's nothing wrong in a mother calling her daughter.. But when it gets too much.. Some private matters would certainly be leaked as a result it too much talk or cos there's nothing more to say..
This guy is still a baby. Omo so many grow adults with childish thinking. No wonder there are so many divorce cases around these days.

Afodot0022:
Well it depends on reason why she is calling her and the kind of person her mom really is. If her mom has a good personality then is no reason to be worried. My own mother inlaw influenced my wife negatively to the level that any issues that i have with my wife, she would relate all to her mom. Even when my wife was cheating on me, her mom was aware and also accepting stuff from the man she was cheating on me with. Incase i had been proactive,i would have dealt with it from the beginning before it got worst. A responsible mother should know that when her daughter marries, there should be little interference but not all mothers know this and wheather you like it or not, mother inlaws have influence in your marriage either positively or negatively
Your case is understood.

ZIMDRILL:

usually when you are part of it you dont see nothing wrong with it

so what do you talk about everyday with your mum ?

Most people dont feel comfortable becoz one might end up discus his:her partner. or being told how to run your marriage
So you are feeling inferior. she is not the cause of your inferiority.

aestake:

No sane person calls someone every day.
So you sdnot call your siblings everyday. i guess you that is why you are an emotional wreck, you are most likely from a broken home with no love and no joy. Please dont tie someone daughter to your family curse.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by fxexperts: 9:50am On Nov 09, 2022
Kankawormm:

Na me wear shoe.. Na me no where e d day pain me.. She goes to her mums place 3 times a week, calls her every morning speaking one edo language wey I no dey hear inside my matrimonial home, I just opened a chemical shop for her.. Anytime I come there to check up on her, her mum is always there.. So you see
The mum is now a threat to you i guess. jokers.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Adinije(f): 11:37am On Nov 09, 2022
haslaw:

All these "buy one get one free" people.

Triangle marriages
Slave master, ride on
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by haslaw(m): 11:41am On Nov 09, 2022
Adinije:
Slave master, ride on

My SLAVE, oya prostrate and kiss my feet tongue
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by optionalY09: 12:17pm On Nov 09, 2022
SURElee:

Look for a way to stop a mother from calling her child she raised and gave birth to. The fact that you are married to their daughter doesn't give you the right to do such.

So you want to break the family bond Abi?

I just to think only some ladies go into families to break family love and bond, now you a man is complaining?

Oga, rest. The calls are they hindering your sexual conjugal rights?

Will your wife also stop you from bonding with your family?

Na like this e dey start, you will tell you wife to go off social.media because she is married to you.

Na small small you go begin show your true colors, looking up faults where there is none..

Mschewwww!

Nobody is breaking family bond if they want to remain in their family bond they should remain in their house. They can’t eat their cakes and have it. Marriage is the beginning of another family the couple need time to understand each other so that they can form a strong bond. They do not need any excessive interference from any third party.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Danniedpastor(m): 12:30pm On Nov 09, 2022
MuslimMuslim:

Yes, very well.
I am sure she is already, if what you said is true
.forget it.
They both relate as mother and daughter.
Don't be sure you know ,when you don't really know.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Danniedpastor(m): 12:35pm On Nov 09, 2022
ZIMDRILL:

usually when you are part of it you dont see nothing wrong with it

so what do you talk about everyday with your mum ?

Most people dont feel comfortable becoz one might end up discus his:her partner. or being told how to run your marriage
My wife is not a topic for discussion... I didnt give room for that abinitio..
If your wife talks to her mother everyday... Get into their conversation by connecting with your mother Inlaw.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Kankawormm(f): 2:21pm On Nov 09, 2022
fxexperts:
The mum is now a threat to you i guess. jokers.
you are the joker..

Most of you contributing have never been married before..
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Adinije(f): 2:29pm On Nov 09, 2022
haslaw:

My SLAVE, oya prostrate and kiss my feet tongue
I will not trade words with a non-entity. You have had enough of my attention. Bye.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by haslaw(m): 3:15pm On Nov 09, 2022
Adinije:
I will not trade words with a non-entity. You have had enough of my attention. Bye.

LOL... You can't take a small joke grin grin

Oya sorry...
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by aestake: 3:55pm On Nov 09, 2022
fxexperts:
Look at this gigolo gold digger. for your mind you are man. sorry to inform you, you are just a little kid, with childish brain. Inferiority complex is your problem. Grow up kidoo..

This guy is still a baby. Omo so many grow adults with childish thinking. No wonder there are so many divorce cases around these days.

Your case is understood.

So you sdnot call your siblings everyday. i guess you that is why you are an emotional wreck, you are most likely from a broken home with no love and no joy. Please dont tie someone daughter to your family curse.

How can you call someone every day? Jobless or what?
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On Nov 09, 2022
Kankawormm:
Na me wear shoe.. Na me no where e d day pain me.. She goes to her mums place 3 times a week, calls her every morning speaking one edo language wey I no dey hear inside my matrimonial home, I just opened a chemical shop for her.. Anytime I come there to check up on her, her mum is always there.. So you see
What you posited here is why I encourage couples to visit a professional marriage counselor when experiencing problems in marriage. All you noted are not situations that should lead to dissolution of a marriage at all. For one, that same mother, and the edo language, were all in the picture when you were still just dating your wife, was she not? So why make her into a problem after marriage? undecided

My concern now is that you probably didn't learn the core reason why you both ran into problems, and might think next time you should date someone who will abandon mother and friend for you, only for some of the same core problems to rear their heads again in your life. This life is about learning from and taking responsibility for one's mistakes...not pretending it is everyone else's fault but yours. undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Kankawormm(f): 5:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What you posited here is why I encourage couples to visit a professional marriage counselor when experiencing problems in marriage. All you noted are not situations that should lead to dissolution of a marriage at all. For one, that same mother, and the edo language, were all in the picture when you were still just dating your wife, was she not? So why make her into a problem after marriage? undecided

My concern now is that you probably didn't learn the core reason why you both ran into problems, and might think next time you should date someone who will abandon mother and friend for you, only for some of the same core problems to rear their heads again in your life. This life is about learning from and taking responsibility for one's mistakes...not pretending it is everyone else's fault but yours. undecided

I can't state all the reason here.. My life is not a thesis..

We have also been to marriage counseling before every one parted..

Na me wia shoe.. Na me know wia e dey pain me...

Also note that in marriage, dissolution can also be a way forward.. May be by choosing a wrong partner, spiritual problems and other reasons... E be like say you think say I like say I talk say I Don divorce.. undecided
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Kankawormm(f): 5:59pm On Nov 09, 2022
fxexperts:

You can imagine such a Statement from an adult with adult thinking.. Did you help pay for the bride price or is it your divorce.. You talk like a teenager!

Your case is understood.

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Nov 09, 2022
Kankawormm:
1. Also note that in marriage, dissolution can also be a way forward.. May be by choosing a wrong partner, spiritual problems and other reasons...

3. E be like say you think say I like say I talk say I Don divorce.. undecided
1. Ofcourse it should be a way forward, but for how many does it turn out to be just that? undecided

2. LOL...Choosing a wrong partner... isn't that what most claim the problem to be yet we know that even opposites can coexist. undecided

Which kain Spiritual problems abeg... una don carry babalawo lingo enter marriage give am high seat without even clear understanding of what it really implies. undecided

3. You might as well be since you seem to consider yourself removed/divorced from your other half where it concerns the issues in your relationship. No be wetin divorce be about again? That you are still married on paper doesn't really mean you are not already divorced at heart.undecided
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by vickydevoka(m): 8:36pm On Nov 09, 2022
Chuksworld:
My wife calls her mum every day too. That's how it has been since over 5 years. Nothing to worry about.
Try is with your mum or sister and know her reaction
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by vickydevoka(m): 8:38pm On Nov 09, 2022
Blazadenise:
Most of you men just go into marriage without having marital knowledge, imagine question way this one they ask, beta calm down before Bp go kill you,think 40years into the future bros, imagine all you have spent on the kids they now got married your wife start calling her children to checkup on them.. A man somewhere is now trying to cut your daughter off her mother via there communication they been bonding with for years before u even came into the picture, Una no they even get small sense at all.naa pple like you they buy customize car for wife while your mum still jump from bike to bike up and down. Im very sure you Genz
You are right, but it's soo painful when it's too much
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Encyclopedia1: 10:59pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ezeego1:

I don't beat women anyway,

If you're a man you for collect wotowoto
Well, the last time I checked when I got to the bathroom, I had a joystick under me so I don’t know where u got ur vision from. I guess green or black bottles are at work garnished with wrapping papers. �
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Kankawormm(f): 3:18am On Nov 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Ofcourse it should be a way forward, but for how many does it turn out to be just that? undecided

2. LOL...Choosing a wrong partner... isn't that what most claim the problem to be yet we know that even opposites can coexist. undecided

Which kain Spiritual problems abeg... una don carry babalawo lingo enter marriage give am high seat without even clear understanding of what it really implies. undecided

3. You might as well be since you seem to consider yourself removed/divorced from your other half where it concerns the issues in your relationship. No be wetin divorce be about again? That you are still married on paper doesn't really mean you are not already divorced at heart.undecided

Go and rest joor..
It's not your divorce o...
No kill yourself for my matter.. Na me divorce, no be you.. And we aren't related..
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Kobojunkie: 3:53am On Nov 10, 2022
Kankawormm:
Go and rest joor..
It's not your divorce o...
No kill yourself for my matter.. Na me divorce, no be you.. And we aren't related..
Me? Kill myself over another person's hangups? I am not that kind of person. undecided
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Kankawormm(f): 7:20am On Nov 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Me? Kill myself over another person's hangups? I am not that kind of person. undecided

Better.. Cheers
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Blazadenise(m): 7:36am On Nov 10, 2022
vickydevoka:

You are right, but it's soo painful when it's too much

It would fade away with time naturally
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by optionalY09: 12:39pm On Nov 10, 2022
Danniedpastor:

My wife is not a topic for discussion... I didnt give room for that abinitio..
If your wife talks to her mother everyday... Get into their conversation by connecting with your mother Inlaw.

This thing is manipulation technique, women do many things that we men find difficult to comprehend. They start very subtle but if you’re smart you will see the big plan.

For this guy the big idea is to make him feel uncomfortable with the distraction and react, so that the mother will complain of disrespect then everyone blame the guy for disrespecting the inlaw then they’ll bring him to his knees to apologize for disrespecting the inlaw — from there the control begins
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Danniedpastor(m): 4:46pm On Nov 10, 2022
optionalY09:

This thing is manipulation technique, women do many things that we men find difficult to comprehend. They start very subtle but if you’re smart you will see the big plan.

For this guy the big idea is to make him feel uncomfortable with the distraction and react, so that the mother will

.complain of disrespect then everyone blame the guy for disrespecting the inlaw then they’ll bring him to his knees to apologize for disrespecting the inlaw — from there the control begins

Bro, you can't conclude because you don't have all the details.
What I think the WiFi should do is look for ways to bring her husband closer to her family. The man should also get close to his wife's family.
Start calling your mother Inlaw to show Care. Call her before she calls and make sure she talks to her daughter... Del go tire for you.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by optionalY09: 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2022
Danniedpastor:

Bro, you can't conclude because you don't have all the details.
What I think the WiFi should do is look for ways to bring her husband closer to her family. The man should also get close to his wife's family.
Start calling your mother Inlaw to show Care. Call her before she calls and make sure she talks to her daughter... Del go tire for you.

Control number 1,
“make it a priority to call your inlaw to show care” after that what’s next
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Danniedpastor(m): 8:22am On Nov 11, 2022
optionalY09:

Control number 1,
“make it a priority to call your inlaw to show care” after that what’s next
Keep caring... They are family too.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by hoduntz(m): 8:26am On Dec 22, 2022
I am having same issue presently, my mother in law calls like 5 to 6 times a day.. for your married daughter whose marriage is less than 2 years. Her inquisitiveness about the happening in our home is second to known. She literally call the shot in our home... No matter what I tell my wife whatever her mum says will be final. Whatever I tell her as secret, she will tell her mum.. and because I complain now she doesn't talk to me again and still call like before.... Like before we wake up in the morning. Its annoying... I don't even know what to do
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by hoduntz(m): 8:37am On Dec 22, 2022
Totilopussylick:
She is simply checking up on her daughter to know if your a responsible man enough for her tongue.
I don't understand this kind of checking Up everyday... Like 5 to 6 time a day
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Kobojunkie: 3:35am On Dec 25, 2022
hoduntz:
I don't understand this kind of checking Up everyday... Like 5 to 6 time a day
You don't understand it because you don't have such a relationship with your own parents, right? Well, some folks out there are that close to their parents. That is not a bad thing that simply means their upbringing is different from yours. If you only want to engage that which agrees with your upbringing alone, then you might as well only engage your own siblings from the same mother and father in a relationship. undecided
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Kobojunkie: 3:40am On Dec 25, 2022
hoduntz:
I am having same issue presently, my mother in law calls like 5 to 6 times a day.. for your married daughter whose marriage is less than 2 years. Her inquisitiveness about the happening in our home is second to known. She literally call the shot in our home... No matter what I tell my wife whatever her mum says will be final. Whatever I tell her as secret, she will tell her mum.. and because I complain now she doesn't talk to me again and still call like before.... Like before we wake up in the morning. Its annoying... I don't even know what to do
Chances are they both connected regularly while you were dating her so you must have known prior to marrying her that she engaged her mother about that many times each day. Why you didn't discuss it then is beyond me. Why you present it as an issue now...  undecided

I would not advise you to demand she disconnect from what may be her support (mother) as that may lead to unpalatable consequences for your marriage. Instead, you could talk to your wife about her presenting her own opinion rather than her mom's when there is a decision to be made in the house. Sadly, if she and her mother share similar opinions on issues there is nothing you can do about it really. undecided
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Kobojunkiee: 3:48am On Dec 25, 2022
undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. / Nigerian Couple Who Welcomed Sextuplets After 17 Years Of Marriage In New Photos / My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.