Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? (33215 Views)

Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. / In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me / "I Beat My Wife Everyday, Yet We Are The Best Couple On Earth" – Pastor Jackson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by ambient: 3:43pm On Jun 30, 2022
So the two or three minutes call is what you are worried about,is she putting hateful thoughts in her daughter's head,what is ur problem.?

You are a kind of man that would want their wife to stay away from everyone because Dem marry... mtcheeeww.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Mindlog: 3:54pm On Jun 30, 2022
ambient:
So the two or three minutes call is what you are worried about,is she putting hateful thoughts in her daughter's head,what is ur problem.?

You are a kind of man that would want their wife to stay away from everyone because Dem marry... mtcheeeww.

Any man or woman who wants their spouse to stay away from everyone is a red flag as such maladjusted humans needs the isolation to operate freely.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by JovialJune(f): 4:25pm On Jun 30, 2022
Later some slow people will say wives alienate their husbands from his family, what exactly is op trying to do?

You obviously don't come from a close knighted family or you have a sinister mind and want to cage your wife, if I was her, the moment you complain about it, I will be suspicious of you undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by postmann: 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2022
OP, you sure have a point. She's like the 3rd person ever present in a marriage supposedly for two.

Such frequent daily calls can not go on without sensitive/private aspects of your marriage creeping into their conversation. Just not possible.

However, there is hardly an amicable way you can bring this up without hurting your wife's feelings or sounding paranoid. But make no mistake, you have a solid point.

Advice: be patient, and wait a while. Your wife will either carelessly or willfully divulge sensitive/private info that's supposed to be just between the two of you to her mum. And you'd get to find out one way or another. You can then state your case of her mum always been a nose length away from your home and private affairs.

Mide70:
Please I need your opinion on this issue.
Though before I got married I discovered my mother inlaw calls all her daughters both married and unmarried everyday(only 3 ladies no boys) and they fear her to the bone. at times every morning and night just to talk to them but I believe when they get married they need privacy and respect but this is not the case for my mother-in-law and I detest such act
Mind you I'm not against call or trying to break the bond but I believe this is marriage. I'm looking for a way to stop all that . I'm I wrong or right to take that step ?

7 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Mide70: 5:57pm On Jun 30, 2022
postmann:
OP, you sure have a point. She's like the 3rd person ever present in a marriage supposedly for two.

Such frequent daily calls can not go on without sensitive/private aspects of your marriage creeping into their conversation. Just not possible.

However, there is hardly an amicable way you can bring this up without hurting your wife's feelings or sounding paranoid. But make no mistake, you have a solid point.

Advice: be patient, and wait a while. Your wife will either carelessly or willfully divulge sensitive/private info that's supposed to be just between the two of you to her mum. And you'd get to find out one way or another. You can then state your case of her mum always been a nose length away from your home and private affairs.

thank you o . Some of the commentors don't get to understand marital issues I guess ... From their discussion they will by one way or the other discuss about our home which is very very wrong ..

5 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:23pm On Jun 30, 2022
Op don't tell me you are jealous of her close relationship with her mom.
Try and call your own mum everyday or look for your family member that you can call everyday.
The man that will marry will first of all have to know that my people call me every, starting from my grandma to my uncle and to our last born. They call everyday and some even call more than once. So if your mother in-law's calls doesn't stop your wife from performing her wifely duty then you don't have to worry. Except you prefer her her chatting and watching videos on TikTok and Instagram.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Adinije(f): 11:53pm On Jun 30, 2022
Mide70:
calling her morning and evening of everyday? Don't you people know the meaning of marriage ?
You are a control freak and you will scatter your marriage by yourself if you don't slow down.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Dkdavon: 6:54am On Jul 01, 2022
Mide70:
thank you o . Some of the commentors don't get to understand marital issues I guess ... From their discussion they will by one way or the other discuss about our home which is very very wrong ..

What are you doing in the home that is scaring you because you married her now you own her so much that she can't speak to her mother every seconds of the day,you better stop being insecured and enjoy your marriage if you like create a problem where there is none.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by frozen70(f): 3:18pm On Jul 01, 2022
Mide70:
Though before I got married I discovered my mother inlaw calls all her daughters both married and unmarried everyday(only 3 ladies no boys) and they fear her to the bone. at times every morning and night just to talk to them but I believe when they get married they need privacy and respect but this is not the case for my mother-in-law and I detest such act
Mind you I'm not against call or trying to break the bond but I believe this is marriage. I'm looking for a way to stop all that . I'm I wrong or right to take that step ?

Honestly, over look that part so far they are not planning anything against your marriage

Just ignore that aspect as you can't open your mouth to tell her to stop receiving calls from her mum anytime she calls more than once, that will send a very bad signal on you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by chii8(f): 4:26pm On Jul 01, 2022
You're wife isn't yet mature to set boundaries.In marriage you leave everything and everyone behind and cleave to your partner.You need to tame your wife and not your mother in law....if not,one day she will tell you that her mom said she shouldn't give you sex or food for one week,then you will really understand!
However, hope you are properly married to her, you settled with the family traditionally,if yes, openly tame it now before it's too late.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by nasonaso: 1:19am On Jul 02, 2022
chii8:
You're wife isn't yet mature to set boundaries.In marriage you leave everything and everyone behind and cleave to your partner.You need to tame your wife and not your mother in law....if not,one day she will tell you that her mom said she shouldn't give you sex or food for one week,then you will really understand!
However, hope you are properly married to her, you settled with the family traditionally,if yes, openly tame it now before it's too late.

Sorry to say, I might be wrong but I feel you come from either a dysfunctional home or a home where your family backstabs each other( no love in the family).

You have a skewed idea how well knitted family works. So leaving everything (to cleave) invariably means setting boundaries( leaving your family) right.

I hope you are not married cause I see you as someone that comes into a family and cause katakata.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by chii8(f): 5:31am On Jul 02, 2022
nasonaso:

Sorry to say, I might be wrong but I feel you come from either a dysfunctional home or a home where your family backstabs each other( no love in the family).

You have a skewed idea how well knitted family works. So leaving everything (to cleave) invariably means setting boundaries( leaving your family) right.

I hope you are not married cause I see you as someone that comes into a family and cause katakata.

Mr I know it all, please learn to respect people's opinions.....if your parents still calls you everyday while you're married, there's 89 percent possibility that you people are discussing your spouse and marriage, and that's a third-party interference.Which is not healthy.It also means you are not mature enough to have your mother always keeping tabs on you.The bible weren't written to suit your childishness....If you so much love your mother and want that tight discussions, please divorce and go back to her house and continue that discussion while you are been breastfed.

If you want to get married,then stay married!I don't blame you, this is nland, everything goes..... Please stay off me.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by eyinjuege: 5:42am On Jul 02, 2022
How is their call disturbing you?
Is it that she speaks too loudly or spends too much time on the phone ?
She's been doing this before she got married so don't think they're discussing you.
Or are you planning to isolate her from her family? That's how abuse starts
Once you understand the concept that she didn't fall from the sky and she has people, you will have peace

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by BLACKPRIEST: 6:09am On Jul 02, 2022
YOU SHOULD BE CONCERNED ONLY IF YOUR WIFE DISCUSSES THE AFFAIRS OF YOUR HOME WITH HER MOTHER, AND IF THE MOTHER TRIES TO INTRUDE INTO YOUR FAMILY AFFAIRS.

IF THIS IS NOT THE CASE, THEN YOU'RE BEING CHILDISH. DON'T ALLOW EGO TO INFORM YOUR DECISION. BE WISER. MORESO, YOU ADMITTED IN ONE OF YOUR RESPONSES THAT THE WOMAN IS LONELY.

NOW, TURN THE TABLE: IF YOUR MUM WAS LONELY AND SHE CALLS YOU AND HER OTHER CHILDREN DAILY TO CHECK UP ON YOU AND THEM, AND YOUR WIFE REQUESTS THAT YOU SHOULD STOP OR REDUCE THE CALLS, HOW WILL YOU TAKE THAT? WHAT'S GOOD FOR THE GOOSE IS GOOD FOR THE GANDER.

IF YOUR MOTHER INLAW POKE NOSES INTO YOUR FAMILY MATTERS, OR TRIES TO NEGATIVELY INFLUENCE YOUR WIFE, THEN BY ALL MEANS, YOU SHOULD TAKE AN ACTION TO CONTAIN THAT, OTHERWISE STAND BACK.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by nasonaso: 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2022
chii8:

Mr I know it all, please learn to respect people's opinions.....if your parents still calls you everyday while you're married, there's 89 percent possibility that you people are discussing your spouse and marriage, and that's a third-party interference.Which is not healthy.It also means you are not mature enough to have your mother always keeping tabs on you.The bible weren't written to suit your childishness....If you so much love your mother and want that tight discussions, please divorce and go back to her house and continue that discussion while you are been breastfed.

If you want to get married,then stay married!I don't blame you, this is nland, everything goes..... Please stay off me.

Not difficult to know them. Always coming into families to break bonds, create hatred among family members na dem be this make nollywood de show them. Always controlling the simp men that marries them.

she just concluded that talking to someones mother or dad constantly translates to discussing marital issues how myopic can you get. We know your type I just pity the man inside the bottle.

9 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by chii8(f): 12:38pm On Jul 02, 2022
nasonaso:

Not difficult to know them. Always coming into families to break bonds, create hatred among family members na dem be this make nollywood de show them. Always controlling the simp men that marries them.

she just concluded that talking to someones mother or dad constantly translates to discussing marital issues how myopic can you get. We know your type I just pity the man inside the bottle.

My dear,why do you sound so pained and frustrated?who do you?

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

Though before I got married I discovered my mother inlaw calls all her daughters both married and unmarried everyday (only 3 ladies no boys) and they fear her to the bone.

At times every morning and night just to talk to them but I believe when they get married they need privacy and respect but this is not the case for my mother-in-law and I detest such act.

Mind you I'm not against call or trying to break the bond but I believe this is marriage. I'm looking for a way to stop all that

I'm I wrong or right to take that step ?

Guy relax. Try to be busy

8 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by wwwihy: 12:09pm On Nov 08, 2022
Is she not the mom?
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by ngadaAwo: 12:09pm On Nov 08, 2022
it's proper.
You worry yourself too much
my mom calls me every day and I'm used to it.
Infact I get scared anyday she fails to call I'll be the one to call her if everything is okay.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Abalado(f): 12:09pm On Nov 08, 2022
So make she no call her daughter again ba? You are married to her,osinwin

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by vabok(m): 12:10pm On Nov 08, 2022
Guy, get used to it and let peace reign - just an advice!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Ireportlive: 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2022
You don't have a problem that's why you are looking for one

6 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Dipjokee: 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2022
grin cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by SILVERLINES: 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

Though before I got married I discovered my mother inlaw calls all her daughters both married and unmarried everyday (only 3 ladies no boys) and they fear her to the bone.

At times every morning and night just to talk to them but I believe when they get married they need privacy and respect but this is not the case for my mother-in-law and I detest such act.

Mind you I'm not against call or trying to break the bond but I believe this is marriage. I'm looking for a way to stop all that

admin of this forum are all useless
Imagine this nonsense pushing to front page.

A mother called her daughter and one modafucka is getting is getting it anyhow

6 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by smasher1(m): 12:12pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

Their problem. Not your problem.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Romanoff(f): 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2022
So person no fit call pikin wey him born because you marry am?

Na wa o.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by ngadaAwo: 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2022
Ireportlive:
You don't have a problem that's why you are looking for one
abi ooo

but shatap still
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Romanoff(f): 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You don't want her mother to call to check up on her anymore because she is now married to you? undecided

Just imagine o.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:
infact that's what I'm doing now and have said I will take it up when the time comes

Relax little boy. How is the calling your problem? You are jobless right? Man relax. This is most stupidest thing I have ever heard. This should be the least of your worries.

6 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by anibirelawal(m): 12:16pm On Nov 08, 2022
mystery22:
Beginning of the end...

At the long run her calls will do you bad,unless you take serious action now.

12 monkeys grin
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Romanoff(f): 12:16pm On Nov 08, 2022
chii8:

So leaving and cleaving means you can't talk to your parents or siblings every day?

We done dey know people wey come from dysfunctional families.

You can leave and cleave by not taking your marital problems to your parents. Even if you no tell your parents sef, you fit tell your friends and that's also wrong.

I know people in marriage that are going to 20 years who talk to their parents everyday.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by fuke(m): 12:17pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

How can you stop a mother from calling her daughter?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"My Husband Is Molesting Our 12-Year-Old Househelp" - Nigerian Woman (Screenshot / Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. / Nigerian Couple Who Welcomed Sextuplets After 17 Years Of Marriage In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.