Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,435 members, 7,815,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix (47646 Views)

From Salt Lake City To Las Vegas: My Road Trip Pictures / Update Pictures Of My ROADSIDE Trip From California to Las Vegas / Vegas Is Open! Cypaid Traveled To las Vegas Despite Covid 19 Restrictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Bamidele1980: 10:38pm On Jul 13, 2022
What a beautiful world �❤️�❤️���
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Bamidele1980: 10:41pm On Jul 13, 2022
I enjoyed all this picture keep it coming Sir ❤️�❤️❤️
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Bamidele1980: 10:47pm On Jul 13, 2022
Wow it's really amazing Sir,i love to be in United States I believe God will do it!!
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 5:06am On Jul 14, 2022
Thank you for the beautiful words! And yes, as long as you believe and work towards your goals, you will get there!

Bamidele1980:
Wow it's really amazing Sir,i love to be in United States I believe God will do it!!
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 5:55am On Jul 14, 2022
I try as much as possible to show all sides, so I went out few days ago to shoot the ugly side of Las Vegas.

Most of these people are addicted to drugs or alcohol or gambling, or all of them at the same time.

The point of the video is first, to show that Las Vegas is not paradise for everybody, and that even if you make it here,
you still need to work hard to make sure you don't end up like the people in the video and photos, living on the streets.

Below are some pictures, and you can watch the full video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k-hR6bDowA

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by carbonado(m): 1:37pm On Jul 14, 2022
naijamanyoutube:
I try as much as possible to show all sides, so I went out few days ago to shoot the ugly side of Las Vegas.

Most of these people are addicted to drugs or alcohol or gambling, or all of them at the same time.

The point of the video is first, to show that Las Vegas is not paradise for everybody, and that even if you make it here,
you still need to work hard to make sure you don't end up like the people in the video and photos, living on the streets.

......becarefull out there,i very bad combination is a crack head holding a gun.
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by hyride: 2:11pm On Jul 14, 2022
Book a ride today on Hyride app right from the comfort of your home.
Download and Install on Google Play store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ezeeRider.rider.elite

With Hyride, you
- Eliminate fraudulent ride
- Connect 24/7
- Online Chat
- Real-Time Tracking
- Extra Income
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 3:39pm On Jul 14, 2022
You are right. I got out of there fast before someone sees camera and they jump me lol

carbonado:
......becarefull out there,i very bad combination is a crack head holding a gun.

3 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 9:34pm On Jul 14, 2022
I need a list of some hot Afrobeats.

Can you guys give just one song that you're feeling a lot lately. A song that makes you want to dance,
no matter where you are at.

Please post the name of the song and the artist. Only 1 song per person pleas.

Thank you guys.

8 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by imran90(m): 9:40pm On Jul 14, 2022
Amen... keep up the good work you are doing here sir
naijamanyoutube:
Thank you for the compliment, but you will be better o!

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by odinga1of: 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2022
naijamanyoutube:

Can you guys give just one song that you're feeling a lot lately. A song that makes you want to dance,

Thank you guys.
Mavin crew.....Overdose(hottest song)

1 Like

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Savagr(m): 10:21pm On Jul 14, 2022
naijamanyoutube:

Thank you guys.
check out this one
Bandana Fireboy x asake
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 10:27pm On Jul 14, 2022
Thank you, it's nice. I will put it on my playlist.

odinga1of:
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 10:47pm On Jul 14, 2022
Thank you for the suggestion.

Savagr:
check out this one
Bandana Fireboy x asake

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by odinga1of: 10:51pm On Jul 14, 2022
odinga1of:
Boss man am still waitin 4 d girls interview update. maybe my luck fit shine get 1 akata babe.
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 12:18am On Jul 15, 2022
Yes o! It is coming. Why you think say I dey ask for good Afrobeats? Dem go dance for you self, so you go pick the right one. grin

Don't worry, work is in progress.

odinga1of:
Boss man am still waitin 4 d girls interview update. maybe my luck fit shine get 1 akata babe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by BunmiBie: 2:23am On Jul 15, 2022
naijamanyoutube:
Uruguay -

Here are some of the things that shocked us for Uruguay

Once we arrived at the airport and passed immigration, my brother’s lawyer, who is a lady, came to pick us up. She was there with her boyfriend who also is a lawyer.
I stretched my hand out to shake her, but she instead came close and pecked me on the cheek. That’s how you greet women that are not total strangers.

It took me a while to get used to, but later I started enjoying it. Lol
My older brother got used to it fast because him na bad man. Lol

Second shock: People pay for their own bus fare.

There was a couple we met at church, they will always be hugging and kissing in public, but when they got into the bus, the guy paid for himself and the girl paid for herself. And that’s normal over there.

It was a big shock for me because while in Nigeria going to school in my Oshodi High School uniform, any senior that gets on the same bus pretty much paid for me, even though we don’t know each other.

Shock number 3: When someone invites to go eat outside, it doesn’t mean they are paying for your food. Make sure you have your own money and order according to your pocket.

My brother fell into that trap, and he had zero money for pocket. The other guys had to donate to bail him out. Lol

Shock number 4: Eat well well before going to house party o! They don’t serve food like Naija. Na only biscuits, drinks and cake you go smell.

We learned the hard way. We were starving ourselves before party so we go chop well well like we do in Naija, just to find out no food. Imagine the hunger we endured before getting back home to eat.

Also it's very common to live together as boyfriend and girlfriend in Uruguay, without getting married, and even have kids. Nobody dey push anybody to marry like we do in Nigeria.

Uruguayans are very welcoming.
I made a lot of friends on the streets, and sometimes go to their homes just hours after meeting and sometimes sleep there for some days. It was crazy and fun.

Getting papers for there was pretty easy. You just had to show that you have been in the country legally for 6 months, and you will be issued their temporary residential permit for 1 year. After 1 year you can get permanent for 2 years, then after 5 years become a citizen.

Uruguay being a very small country, it was easy to meet a lot of foreigners from more developed countries, mainly through hip hop, because we were the minority and had to organize the hip hop parties ourselves.
Uruguay was dominated by Cumbia type of music, and Rock n Roll was the only other genre the youth listened to.

So I started chilling with children of rich foreigners in Uruguay for work or business.
It later to a job for me as a Graphic designer.

I also got two acting gigs for tv commercials, for being different.

A funny story: Don’t bring your girlfriend around here!

I met this Uruguayan guy, we became friends, months later he brought his brand new girlfriend to our house to show off. Weeks later, the girl dumped him for my brother. Lol I no tell una say my brother na bad man? Lol

After reading your posts what came to my mind is that, life was really good, life is good but what comes next we don't know with everything happening in the world now.

It was pretty sweet back then they way you described your journey in Uruguay. I don't think one can find is so easy like that today.

It's well. I am enjoying this thread. Well done sir!

1 Like

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by BunmiBie: 2:41am On Jul 15, 2022
naijamanyoutube:
The deal is that soon I will start interviewing people on the streets for my YouTube channel Naija Man.

And when I interview a pretty girl, I will ask if she wants to share her social media with my subscribers, if she agrees, I go post am for una to go to work and and win her love.

If you hit jackpot, she could be your ticket to a better life o.

In fact I go ask the guys I interview too, so my Naija sisters self fit find love.

What do you guys think about my idea?

Nah guy man you be.
I hope those innocent people won't get scammed. You know what I mean. No offense!
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by BunmiBie: 3:00am On Jul 15, 2022
naijamanyoutube:
Naija people for here, call Mexicans "Kokoye".

Why do they callthem kokoye?
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 8:20am On Jul 15, 2022
You are right, but one thing in life is that there will always be a way.

The US still wants immigrants, and they need them, but they want it to be a gradual process, so that
things can keep running smoothly.

Thank you for reading and for your reply.

BunmiBie:

After reading your posts what came to my mind is that, life was really good, life is good but what comes next we don't know with everything happening in the world now.

It was pretty sweet back then they way you described your journey in Uruguay. I don't think one can find is so easy like that today.

It's well. I am enjoying this thread. Well done sir!

2 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 8:23am On Jul 15, 2022
Yes you are right, but I didn't want the potential of a scam to stop many people from having the opportunity.

BunmiBie:

Nah guy man you be.
I hope those innocent people won't get scammed. You know what I mean. No offense!

2 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 8:25am On Jul 15, 2022
Good question. I never asked why, but I did a google search, it just says that kokoye means "helper" in a Nigerian language.

I will call my friend that loves to say kokoye a lot and ask him. lol

I will update you soon.

BunmiBie:

Why do they callthem kokoye?

1 Like

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by carbonado(m): 8:35am On Jul 15, 2022
naijamanyoutube:

Thank you guys.
......check out dada by young john, baddest boy by skibi ft davido.

1 Like

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by encryptjay(m): 11:05am On Jul 15, 2022
naijamanyoutube:

Thank you guys.

Vanilla by Burna Boy cool
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by anayolity: 11:40am On Jul 15, 2022
Peru by Fireboy ft Ed sheeran

Brotherly, any babe(s) wey vibe to this song is mine grin grin cheesy
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 1:28pm On Jul 15, 2022
I know Dada, I’ll check out baddest now. Thank you.

carbonado:
......check out dada by young john, baddest boy by skibi ft davido.

1 Like

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2022
Ok o! I’ll make sure I play am for the hottest girl then. Lol

I listened to it last night self. It’s nice.

anayolity:
Peru by Fireboy ft Ed sheeran

Brotherly, any babe(s) wey vibe to this song is mine grin grin cheesy
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2022
On my way to Houston, Texas. Boarding in 6 minutes. It’s currently 5:38 AM in Las Vegas. Will be in Houston at 11:36 AM. Texas is 2 hours ahead of Nevada, so I will be losing 2 hours.

Here are some pictures, more coming as I travel.

Enjoying some of the songs you guys suggested.

10 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 2:07pm On Jul 15, 2022
Just boarded. It’s a big plane. I hope it’s empty and I get to seat alone.

9 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 2:10pm On Jul 15, 2022
Looks like I will be seating by myself again! Nice!!!

9 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Chloraseptic: 4:48pm On Jul 15, 2022
naijamanyoutube:

Is this what you are calling ugly.

This is still more beautiful than the most beautiful places in Nigeria

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (36) (Reply)

FRSC Hands Over N2 Million Recovered At Accident Scene In Ogun (Photos) / 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' / Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.