Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,064 members, 7,953,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:53 PM

Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) (72959 Views)

Pictures Of Lekki Deep Seaport / Lekki Deep Seaport To Begin Operations This Friday / Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 7:22am On Jul 02, 2022
Ojuntana:
That's a big lie!! Lekki free trade zone is owned by the federal government. The act that created it is a federal act but was concessioned to a private company. It has nothing to do with Tinubu. Same you was attacking Peter Obi for claiming he brought international breweries to Nigeria!!

ABSOLUTE FALSEHOOD…
All free trade zones are REGULATED by the federal govt (through NEPZA), but several are state or privately owned.

There are actually TWO free zones in the Ibeju-Lekki axis…
Lagos Free Zone (privately owned by Tolaram) and Lekki Free Trade Zone (a JV between LASG and Chinese investors).

>

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Idaytesj29(m): 7:38am On Jul 02, 2022
BloomingDale:
How far Warri, Calabar, PH, Akwa Ibom port? Una Mumu never do.

Better Vote for Tinubu and stop hating for nothing. He has already promised you guys Calabar Port.

Vote Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu for President.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Jones4190(m): 7:43am On Jul 02, 2022
Lagos tinubu $3billions lekki deep sea project is Anambra peter obi budget for 30 years.
tinubu is their father

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by maxzzo1(m): 7:48am On Jul 02, 2022
BloomingDale:
How far Warri, Calabar, PH, Akwa Ibom port? Una Mumu never do.
Don't mind Ameachi even d rail line wey people dey manage go Aba from PH d idiot remove all, na his not a minister again...

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by IBBG(m): 7:58am On Jul 02, 2022
They will complain of Lagos being congested. A place with two seaport that is super congested built another port, thIs will be the mother of all congestion. There are other places in the south with ocean line that deep sea port can be sited but Nigerian politicians reason backwards.
How can you explain away one of the smallest state in Nigeria having three seaport servicing the entire federation, that is madness.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by DAwest7: 8:08am On Jul 02, 2022
Majesty2:
dindinrin omo, if that really pains you, you can go hang yourself.... God bless Tinubu
buahahahahahahaaaaaahashhhaaaaaaaaaaakikikikikikikkkkiiikikikikikikikikikikikikikokokkoookkkooookkkkiki e pain am omugo omo atounriwa
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Transcriber: 8:34am On Jul 02, 2022
BloomingDale:

Nothing Nigeria here. Stop deceiving the people. Say Yoruba.
are Yoruba not Nigerians?

Besides you Igbo claim Lagos is no man's land? undecided

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Bizibi(m): 8:56am On Jul 02, 2022
IBBG:
They will complain of Lagos being congested. A place with two seaport that is super congested built another port, thIs will be the mother of all congestion. There are other places in the south with ocean line that deep sea port can be sited but Nigerian politicians reason backwards.
How can you explain away one of the smallest state in Nigeria having three seaport servicing the entire federation, that is madness.
politicians are only after their belly. Lagos is choked up already.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by steve6: 9:24am On Jul 02, 2022
Nice
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 9:39am On Jul 02, 2022
harmargedon:
yes, and it has been that way because? It consisted of lots of tribes in it. Lagos didn't exist because only lagosians were in it, or only the Yorubas either. It has been a city that housed lots of people, even foreigners. No city, state, or country than grow without foreigners in it. Use America, Canada as a case study.
All parts of Nigeria have diversity not just Lagos State. Cotonou, Accra Lome are all diverse spaces too

Lagos was not the most populous state when it was hosted the Capital city
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by heysquare(m): 9:42am On Jul 02, 2022
Penguin2:
Instead of opening up the seaport in other states, they are still concentrating everything in Lagos.

Besides we need Lekki Airport more than we need Lekki Seaport.

Moving from Lekki axis to MMIA to catch your flight is the greatest nightmare any Lekki dweller can face.

Shit can sometimes last from 4-5 hours.

I remember somebody who dropped off someone traveling to London at Ikeja Airport and set back to return to Lekki. He was still in traffic around Ozumba Mbadiwe when the person he dropped off called him that he’s already in London. Madness!
So you want Lagos State Government to do that in other State? Lekki Deep Sea Port is Lagos state project and there is still another one in Badagry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Golan007: 10:43am On Jul 02, 2022
IBBG:

The state initiated the project.

If it is too congested for you, you could always live elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Golan007: 10:44am On Jul 02, 2022
MatrixCircle:

So your own school didn't teach you about tariffs, levies and custom duties placed on imported goods and imported raw materials used by manufacturers. Go school you refused and say you want be Agbero de collect " owoda" give me money" from transporters" and dey do vulcanised and local tailor.. grin

Your education is a waste.

No economy can thrive on importation.

Breaking it down for you would be a waste.

You are obviously too far gone.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Golan007: 10:45am On Jul 02, 2022
Bizibi:
politicians are only after their belly. Lagos is choked up already.

So why are other sates moping?

Should Lagos wait for them to catch up?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Parachoko: 11:24am On Jul 02, 2022
zionstaar75:
oga did u watch the convention, this guy was struggling to flip a sheet of paper,abeg spare me.how many months did he use in UK last year getting treatment, we should be telling ourselves the truth
I watch the convention and I didn't see him struggling to flip a sheet of paper, abeg spare me.

He went to the UK for a knee surgery and he has recovered.

You have not been able to prove he is sick, but you keep on insisting he is sick.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by harmony75: 11:26am On Jul 02, 2022
Penguin2:
Instead of opening up the seaport in other states, they are still concentrating everything in Lagos.

Besides we need Lekki Airport more than we need Lekki Seaport.

Moving from Lekki axis to MMIA to catch your flight is the greatest nightmare any Lekki dweller can face.

Shit can sometimes last from 4-5 hours.

I remember somebody who dropped off someone traveling to London at Ikeja Airport and set back to return to Lekki. He was still in traffic around Ozumba Mbadiwe when the person he dropped off called him that he’s already in London. Madness!
Mmm true just hope Lagos population won't cause earthquakes to this small but mighty city!
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Bizibi(m): 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2022
Golan007:

So why are other sates moping?

Should Lagos wait for them to catch up?
the problem is the governors but Lagos having 3 seaports will choke the living day out of it. Even if other south west states have it it will be better...... Nigeria depending on one state is not good at all.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by codemaniacs: 12:37pm On Jul 02, 2022
Bizibi:
the problem is the governors but Lagos having 3 seaports will choke the living day out of it. Even if other south west states have it it will be better...... Nigeria depending on one state is not good at all.

Lagos having 3 seaports will decongest the other 2 seaports in Lagos.

If you own 5 houses and have 3 children , will the 5 houses choke the living day out of you or will it add to your wealth and assets
All the 3 children will move out of the main house and can choose to stay in one of the other houses or rent anywhere else.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Bizibi(m): 12:45pm On Jul 02, 2022
codemaniacs:

Lagos having 3 seaports will decongest the other 2 seaports in Lagos.

If you own 5 houses and have 3 children , will the 5 houses choke the living day out of you or will it add to your wealth and assets
All the 3 children will move out of the main house and can choose to stay in one of the other houses or rent anywhere else.
it seems you don't understand.....Lagos is not big enough to cater for a whole country. In town planning this is not good for city.

In the next 10 years Lagos State government won't be able to cope with the rising population. I am fed up on Niger Delta leaders but that place is perfect for other seaports.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2022
Ethiopia is a country of 120 million people . It is landlocked and it is doing much better than Nigeria economically
At any rate the FG approved ports in Bonny, Lekki, Warri and Ibom

This Lekki Port is private sector funded.

Let those other states go and work to convince private sector to invest.
LASG worked for things to get to this point
What is Delta State doing? Rivers and Akwa Ibom?
This Lekki Port is $1.5 billion
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/10/controversy-hits-ibaka-deep-seaport-project/
Are we to believe that more than that has not been stolen by the likes of Dieziani Ibori, Akpabio, Amaechi Odili Udom etc? Even the Budget of the NDDC anyway let me off the mike.
If the Niger Delta governors were focussed we should be telling a different story

What is happening with the Ibom port?
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by harmargedon: 1:08pm On Jul 02, 2022
aribisala0:
All parts of Nigeria have diversity not just Lagos State. Cotonou, Accra Lome are all diverse spaces too

Lagos was not the most populous state when it was hosted the Capital city
what's the population of Nigeria then, compared to now? And are you saying the bolded are part of Nigeria?
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
harmargedon:
what's the population of Nigeria then, compared to now? And are you saying the bolded are part of Nigeria?
What I am saying is that there is diversity everywhere not just in Lagos.
Whatever the population the capital was in Lagos State and it was not most populous so whatever we are seeing in Lagos is nothing to do with hosting Capital.
Lagos State is economically better today than it was when Lagos City was capital

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Crvrider: 1:17pm On Jul 02, 2022
My sincere question is: did they take urban planning into consideration while this seaport was built? I pity for residence and road users in that axis the moment it fully becomes functional. Traffic loading...
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Bizibi(m): 1:24pm On Jul 02, 2022
Crvrider:
My sincere question is: did they take urban planning into consideration while this seaport was built? I pity for residence and road users in that axis the moment it fully becomes functional. Traffic loading...
rising population in the nearest future, difficulty in combing insecurity in the state especially with the heavy influx of northerners.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by SugarGirl44(f): 2:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
uniquelyspecial:

Also immature of you.
What truth?
What do you stand to gain by instigating online inter-tribal tension?
Must you guys (Igbos and Yorubas especially) tribalise everything here?

You can't blame us, blame lugard.
We weren't meant to be tied together in the same nation.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by zionstaar75: 2:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
Parachoko:
I watch the convention and I didn't see him struggling to flip a sheet of paper, abeg spare me.

He went to the UK for a knee surgery and he has recovered.

You have not been able to prove he is sick, but you keep on insisting he is sick.
Ok,if u say so,I was supporting obi but his supporters are dumb and turned it to igbo project so I opted out, I'm not voting, may the best man win
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 4:50pm On Jul 02, 2022
Crvrider:
No they did not!! you are the only person in the country with a functioning brain and they failed to consult you
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by haffaze777(m): 4:53pm On Jul 02, 2022
aribisala0:
No they did not!! you are the only person in the country with a functioning brain and they failed to consult you

Which kind Savage reply be this? Omoluabi e beru olorun nowgrin

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 4:59pm On Jul 02, 2022
haffaze777:

Which kind Savage reply be this? Omoluabi e beru olorun nowgrin
abi eri Olorun?
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by haffaze777(m): 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
aribisala0:
abi eri Olorun?

The answer got me begging for oxygen I swear
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Ojuntana: 5:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
soojar:

I'm following you guys' conversation. You are both right in some areas and wrong in some areas. For clarification purpose on Lekki Free trade zone read this:

The Lekki Free Zone Development Company (LFZDC) was established in May 2006 as a Joint Venture Partnership pursuant to the Nigeria Export Processing Zones Act ……. The Joint Venture comprises of a consortium of Chinese Companies by the name China-Africa Lekki Investment Ltd [CALIL] (formerly known as referred to as CCECC-Beyond International Investment & Development Co. Ltd) as the majority shareholder, the Lagos State Government [LASG] and Lekki Worldwide Investments Limited [LWIL]. LFZDC is authorised by both the Federal Government of Nigeria through the Nigeria Export Processing Zones Authority (NEPZA) and the Lagos State Government as the sole entity to develop, operate, administer and manage the South/West Quadrant of the Lekki Free Zone project

Shareholders ratio of LFZDC
CALI 60%
LWIL 40%

On Lekki Deep Seaport read this:

Lekki Port LFTZ Enterprise Limited (LPLEL) is a joint venture enterprise owned by a group of investors led by the Lekki Port Investment Holdings Inc (comprising China Harbour Engineering Company Ltd. and Tolaram Group), the Lagos State Government and the Federal Government of Nigeria through the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA)

You are right about the NPA having the sole right to administer ports, but it can allow individuals to build and maintain while they oversea and control the activities which is what is being done here.

You are wrong about FG being the owner of Lekki free trade zone. The federal government authorized the owners to build and administer that axis of the free trade zone (south west). Any other region can approach the FG for approval to do same in their regions and government will most likely grant the approval if the terms and conditions is okay by them (FG)

We learn everyday

Thanks. I got your point

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt / Amotekun Walk On The Streets Of Osogbo, Osun State (Photos) / Fulani Herdsman Killed In Ekiti, Fayose Said Ekiti Should Not Be Turned To War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.