Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) (72372 Views)

Pictures Of Lekki Deep Seaport / Lekki Deep Seaport To Begin Operations This Friday / Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 01, 2022
udom emmanuel should come and see what he was voted for.. after all the noise, not one block of cement has been poured for the ibom sea port. but he is spending billion on a worship center while akwa ibom youth drive keke and okada

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by VEHINTOLAR: 11:45pm On Jul 01, 2022
YORUBA to the world !

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by ElSudani: 11:46pm On Jul 01, 2022
aribisala0:
And that post/screenshot proves that?
Not really People who work in the NPA ,professionals have spouted many visions for decades. Because you see Tinubu say in in 2006 does not mean he was the first. There are many smart people whose visions die inside them

Your story is another Mungo Park discovered the Niger story

I know how Tinubu operates and I admire some of it . Tinubu gave room for creative ideas to flourish but it is dishonest to say they were his ideas . Tinubu is one politician that pays or sponsor thinktanks to produce ideas.
Professionals in many industries have bright ideas but keep quiet because they are not encouraged in Nigeria
It is petty to take credit for this and even dishonest
Who took credit for building UNILAG? Kainji Dam?
Did you ever hear Obasanjo take credit for the National Theatre or Lagos -Ibadan motorway or PH -Aba Enugu expressway/ He built them
Babangida mostly built Abuja and half of 3rd Mainland bridge . I never heard him praised for that

All you have to do is tell us who did. The clip was in 2006 long before we knew he would run for the presidency. All you have to do is tell us who did. I am not interested in an endless loop of meaningless arguments. Tell us who conceptualized it if not Tinubu.
Some people have been going around asking what did he do for Lagos, this is just one of many. I would really like to know if anyone other than Tinubu started it. Leadership is about vision.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by plaindealer: 11:49pm On Jul 01, 2022
aribisala0:
Stupid talk
If Tinubu can get credit for what happened when he left office why can't Awo
Awo's
legacy to our people is education though Tinubu might not have benefitted

This is how we know those of you who are not from Lagos State.
You just open your gobs to talk rubbish.
Is the so called FTZ operating today? What is a free trade zone and why is that a good thing? We have to wait and see because we do not have any experience of what it will look like
So spare us the beer parlour hype. You are not talking with illiterates
You cannot have a free trade zone without Federal Government buy in and appropriate legislation by the Federal Government. Even at that the purported benefits remain to be seen.
Every government conceives one thing or another
UI, Unilag, etc was built by people and no individual goes about taking credit so why is Tinubu's case different . Jakande started LASU in 4 years and he opened the Lekki axis with the road to Epe
The biggest power plant in Nigeria till today is in Lagos State thanks to Jakande again NO NOISE so why is Tinubu's case different. Someone built airports, refineries and much more avross Nigeria in the 70s. Someone built Abuja from scratch NO NOISE
Health and Education un Lagos are TOTAL FAILURE

You mean Awolowo rose from the grave and join Tinubu's delegation to China to negotiate FTZ..

Alawada...what is wrong with you? AreyouOK?

grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 11:53pm On Jul 01, 2022
ElSudani:

All you have to do is tell us who did. The clip was in 2006 long before we knew he would run for the presidency. All you have to do is tell us who did. I am not interested in an endless loop of meaningless arguments. Tell us who conceptualized it if not Tinubu.
Show us who conceived LNG Bonny, Abuja as new FCT Kainji Dam , Lagos Ibadan Expressway, 2ND NIGER BRIDGE or Unilag since when did individuals start taking credit for conceiving government projects? That is a new low
Is that the biggest thing that has ever happened in Nigeria?
I am less interested than you in stupid arguments much less. I do not have any duty to show who conceptualized anything. Is that the first thing to be conceptualized in Nigeria? It certainly would be the first to be so recognized
That is like asking a person to show you their anus to prove it is clean
Stupid in the extreme
Showing Tinubu driving a car in 2006 does not prove he was the first person to drive a car and I have no duty to show who first drove a car
So in your mind in a state government only governors conceptualize? Commissioners do not? Advisers do not ? Civil servants do not?
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by ElSudani: 11:58pm On Jul 01, 2022
aribisala0:
Show us who conceived LNG Bonny, Abuja as new FCT Kainji Dam , Lagos Ibadan Expressway or Unilag since when did individuals start taking credit for conceiving government projects? That is a new low
Is that the biggest thing that has ever happened in Nigeria?
I am less interested than you in stupid arguments much less. I do not have any duty to do so
That is like asking a person to show you their ass to prove it is clean
Stupid in the extreme
Showing Tinubu driving a car in 2006 does not prove he was the first person to drive a car and I have no duty to show who first drove a car

Those projects did not fall from the sky, some people came together to make them happen. If any of these people is running for office on what logic should we deny their involvement in these projects if they say I was involved in this or that?
Why is it difficult to give credit when it is due? But it is alright to blame Tinubu for the Lekki shootings even when he was no longer the governor of Lagos state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by SugarGirl44(f): 11:59pm On Jul 01, 2022
aribisala0:
Yes some people say that about Tinubu but that does not make it true. It is propaganda
Are you from Lagos State? I doubt it
If MODERN means nepotism of making your wive senator and sharing other positions to your family then Lagos has been MODERNIZED
Tinubu has not modernized Lagos State.Lagos state has no potable water for most residents.
Ikorodu is an embarrassment
Human development centres mainly on Health and Education. What is there to boast about in Health or Education

Housing? What is the breakthrough? How many new houses has government built in Lagos State since 1999
What about transport ? What is the Transport legacy ? There really is nothing to gloat about

Like I said Tinubu would rather travel for his health needs and his children do no use LASU

Your hatred for Tinubu will soon send you to the great beyond, if care is not taken.
I'm sure you were crying while typing this.
How many of these have your state governors done for you?
You might even be typing this in this same Lagos.
Use this energy to go back home this weekend and have a meeting with your elders on how you can all go back home and leave dirty slum Lagos and brown roof SW.
If y'all don't go, then una be omo ale.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 12:02am On Jul 02, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Your hatred for Tinubu will soon send you to the great beyond, if care is not taken.
I'm sure you were crying while typing this.
How many of these have your state governors done for you?
You might even be typing this in this same Lagos.
Use this energy to go back home this weekend and have a meeting with your elders on how you can all go back home and leave dirty slum Lagos and brown roof SW.
If y'all don't go, then una be omo ale.

Eni ti o ni a ko ni pada ohun ni a ko ni de ba
Ko ko ko ni ara mi ti o ba lu mi o ma tee
Ma lo fi enu ko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by SugarGirl44(f): 12:03am On Jul 02, 2022
Ojuntana:

What does Tinubu have to do with a seaport

Water and garri ni.

But you and those Obidunce believe he has something to with Lekki shooting abi.

Haters.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by plaindealer: 12:04am On Jul 02, 2022
Eko Atlantic..

Another wonderful Tinubu achievement...

God bless Asiwaju.. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by plaindealer: 12:07am On Jul 02, 2022
In other news... grin

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by SugarGirl44(f): 12:10am On Jul 02, 2022
ElSudani:

Nigeria can be great but our leaders are not bold enough to do what is necessary. What is needed is the country to be restructured into a proper federation where each unit will have greater power over the development of their region.
Australia, Canada, Germany are all great examples.

Again, I disagree with you.
The population of each nation in Nigeria is more than enough to form different indegenous countries, with their unique language, culture etc and the ability to grow individually.

We have no business using our colonial masters language as official language.

Why can't Germany, France and England form a country and adopt Igbo/Hausa as their official language?
Sounds crazy right?
Why can't they 'love' themselves and form one nation as well?
They know it can't work, but imposed it on us.
That's how crazy it is too that we are forced to be who we are not.
The fact that we got used to it doesn't normalize it.

Nobody is a Nigerian!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by soojar(m): 12:10am On Jul 02, 2022
Ojuntana:

You have started again. When you're hit with facts now, you'll start talking about misinterpretation.
Anything on the exclusive list is under the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal govt.
Only NPA has the authority to build and operate ports in Nigeria.
NPA in return concessioned the deep seaport to the private company. I hope you know what concession means before you start saying anyone can build a port. Ignorance.
Also note that the free trade zone where the port is being built also belongs to the FG. So I don't know where you got the idea that Lagos acquired the land for the port

I'm following you guys' conversation. You are both right in some areas and wrong in some areas. For clarification purpose on Lekki Free trade zone read this:

The Lekki Free Zone Development Company (LFZDC) was established in May 2006 as a Joint Venture Partnership pursuant to the Nigeria Export Processing Zones Act ……. The Joint Venture comprises of a consortium of Chinese Companies by the name China-Africa Lekki Investment Ltd [CALIL] (formerly known as referred to as CCECC-Beyond International Investment & Development Co. Ltd) as the majority shareholder, the Lagos State Government [LASG] and Lekki Worldwide Investments Limited [LWIL]. LFZDC is authorised by both the Federal Government of Nigeria through the Nigeria Export Processing Zones Authority (NEPZA) and the Lagos State Government as the sole entity to develop, operate, administer and manage the South/West Quadrant of the Lekki Free Zone project

Shareholders ratio of LFZDC
CALI 60%
LWIL 40%

On Lekki Deep Seaport read this:

Lekki Port LFTZ Enterprise Limited (LPLEL) is a joint venture enterprise owned by a group of investors led by the Lekki Port Investment Holdings Inc (comprising China Harbour Engineering Company Ltd. and Tolaram Group), the Lagos State Government and the Federal Government of Nigeria through the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA)

You are right about the NPA having the sole right to administer ports, but it can allow individuals to build and maintain while they oversea and control the activities which is what is being done here.

You are wrong about FG being the owner of Lekki free trade zone. The federal government authorized the owners to build and administer that axis of the free trade zone (south west). Any other region can approach the FG for approval to do same in their regions and government will most likely grant the approval if the terms and conditions is okay by them (FG)

We learn everyday

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 12:11am On Jul 02, 2022
ElSudani:

Those projects did not fall from the sky, some people came together to make them happen. If any of these people is running for office on what logic should we deny their involvement in these projects if they say I was involved in this or that?
Why is it difficult to give credit when it is due? But it is alright to blame Tinubu for the Lekki shootings even when he was no longer the governor of Lagos state.
Nothing wrong in saying I was involved in xyz the point is people have been involved in much bigger projects than Tinubu can ever be involved in I am talking about Gowon, Obasanjo and Babangida
In the las 30 years how many UNILAGs ,OAUs , Unibens have we built compared to what happened in the previous 30 years .
Many of you kids think Nigeria started in 1999.

The largest power plant in Nigeria is in Lagos State started by Shagari and completed under Babangida. I could go on and on These were massive infrastructure investmenst m what about Abuja built up from ZERO? No one has come out to take individual credit. Jakande built LASU with a tight revenue stream So why should one charlatan come out to tell us he built the Great Sphinx

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by budaatum: 12:20am On Jul 02, 2022
ebufa:

Tinubu has not yet entered also rock yet,..........una don start tinwa tinwa politics already! no worry una 8 years go soon waka pass...............!

Haven't heard that for a while. It's what stops us growing as we become tiẹ́ tiẹ́, selfishly better pass the neighbour, though we live in the same face me face you and get bitten by the same mosquitoes and poo in the same shalanga.

We shall learn to ti gbogbo wa, someday, I hope, specially now you pointed it out.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by SugarGirl44(f): 12:21am On Jul 02, 2022
harmargedon:
those investment exists because Lagos has in existence been a neutral zone for all tribes. The very moment it chooses one out of the other, it would seize to exist.

Lagos would seize to exist? Loolzz...
Wow!
You guys bitterness has no limit sha.

The moment it chooses one?
So Lagos is no more in Yorubaland or no more a part of SW.
I'm not sure I understand the gibberish you wrote.
Well I can't blame you, there's no way you won't be consumed with anguish when Yorubaland is developing daily and your region is retrogresing hourly.
As much as you wish not, you're merely a migrant, don't feel too comfortable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 12:25am On Jul 02, 2022
harmargedon:
those investment exists because Lagos has in existence been a neutral zone for all tribes. The very moment it chooses one out of the other, it would seize to exist.
https://www.nairaland.com/4144976/lagos-1898before-nigeria-not-oil
Lagos story started before Nigeria
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by soojar(m): 12:27am On Jul 02, 2022
aribisala0:
What does concession mean? Is that the bone of contention here ? The vone of contention is that the FG is funding the port that is not true

The company id funding it 100% and the FG is not putting in ONE KOBO as you ignorantly claimed so do not try to change the subject
I am not interested in screenshots without a source
In this kind of arrangement concession simply means that the company, a foreign company, cannot OWN a port in Nigeria for ever, that is ia sovreign issue. I was discussing the business issue the FG is not putting in one kobo and is only exerting territoriality because of the constitution as it is but the conceiving of the port happened in LASG and also the acquisition of the site and settlement of the host community under Land Use decree is LASG
In this particular deal the FG is a rent taker , a parasite, that has an equal share with the LASG because the constitution gives it the power to veto the deal other than that the FG brought NOTHING to the table NOT ONE KOBO as yoy ignorantly claim so do not hide behind "concession" to obscure that. Concession is a Legal contract to clarify sovereignty over the land and its strategic nature. In Future the land belongs to LASG and if as we hope we get a resource control constitution the FG share will be diluted because it brought NOTHING to the table other than constitutional power to give licence. If that power was local then the FG would not be involved

Excellent submission. You would make a good lawyer sir.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by SugarGirl44(f): 12:27am On Jul 02, 2022
Ojuntana:
I don't understand why I'm seeing so many ignorant Tinubu goons saying a seaport is a state project.
Are they aware ports are on the exclusive list?
They're even claiming it for Tinubu. A project that started in 2011, four years after he left office!!

Cry more.
What has your governor built?
Always carrying torchlight to watch others while your own rot away.
Go back home and torchlight your useless governors.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by SugarGirl44(f): 12:40am On Jul 02, 2022
MatrixCircle:
Igbo containers na high sea don land lekki deep sea port. Igbos making Lagos great. Igbo amaka. grin grin grin

Go school, you say na okrika pant and bra you wan sell. Now you're disgracing your whole tribe.
Is it the importation of used products that helps develop an economy?
An import dependent economy is a disaster in the making, just like what we have in Nigeria today.
Smh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Echoban: 12:42am On Jul 02, 2022
Jemex003:

Their women’s producing spanners.

Guy why are u like this grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by SugarGirl44(f): 12:44am On Jul 02, 2022
wiseoneking:
well, igbos will dominate bit as they already done in Apapa. By force by force , they are eating bathe wealth of Lagos.

Dominator.
Bathe water or what rubbish did you write?

Hatred won't let you type like a normal human.
Hope you'll be able to sleep well tonight sha, abi hatred won't allow you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by SugarGirl44(f): 12:46am On Jul 02, 2022
pacespot:

Do you know who was responsible for a big chunk of finance for that Lekki deep sea port project, Chinese? They are coming to recoup their investments.

Mumu dey say Yoruba as if she will even get the opportunity to work in the port being a Yoruba. Tinubu keeps deceiving you people in Lagos using Yoruba rhetoric but only getting himself rich in the process. Lagos is a centre of commerce for all Nigerians, thanks to these ports. Igbos are making much more money in Lagos than even Yoruba's.

Another hater spotted.
Hope you people will be able to have a good night's sleep this night with this news.
Bad belle tribe.
Try and take panadol for the headache ok, more is coming.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Bigchristo22(m): 12:46am On Jul 02, 2022
naptu2:
NTA News @NTANewsNow

https://twitter.com/NTANewsNow/status/1542881807775010816

Watch video here: https://twitter.com/NTANewsNow/status/1542912328810872834
Lagos is not supposed to be included in Nigeria it supposed to be country of its own the space and gap Lagos give other states in Nigeria in terms of development is overwhelming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by SugarGirl44(f): 12:53am On Jul 02, 2022
Benwallt:
Oga, omo Yoruba nimi. What tribal bigots throw up here are bad. One nation one people but under achievers with little or nothing to contribute to the total development of this nation are bent on tearing the country apart. All that is needed is encouragement not tantrum

You and who is one nation and one people?
What has hausa. Igbo and Yourba got in common?
Not language, not culture, not values, not food, nothing!
And you're here protecting the forced marriage by your slave master.

Nigeria has never been one and can never be, water oil and sand can never mix together.
Everybody will soon go their separate ways.
Get used to that sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by johntolu: 1:11am On Jul 02, 2022
aribisala0:
Are you from Lagos State?
Bi eru ba pe nile, a maa fi alajobi bura.

Funny you, Aribisala, with your 'bi eru ba pe nile', interjection.
You seems to have forgotten one of our Father's proverbs, that says;
'Bi ewe ba pe lara ose, o ma ng di ose ni'.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 1:12am On Jul 02, 2022
Obasanjo could claim he first conceptualized FTZs in Nigeria and opened up the space after all FTZs cannot exist without FG agreement and Tinapa was supposed to be an FTZ . The Customs can frustrate an FTZ so FG MUST be on board no one will say Tinapa is a roaring success and Lekki is not guaranteed to be it has not even started operations so these fanatics should spare us their propaganda
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Realist12: 1:20am On Jul 02, 2022
aribisala0:
Yes some people say that about Tinubu but that does not make it true. It is propaganda
Are you from Lagos State? I doubt it
If MODERN means nepotism of making your wive senator and sharing other positions to your family then Lagos has been MODERNIZED
Tinubu has not modernized Lagos State.Lagos state has no potable water for most residents.
Ikorodu is an embarrassment
Human development centres mainly on Health and Education. What is there to boast about in Health or Education

Housing? What is the breakthrough? How many new houses has government built in Lagos State since 1999
What about transport ? What is the Transport legacy ? There really is nothing to gloat about

Like I said Tinubu would rather travel for his health needs and his children do no use LASU
bros as much as I enjoy your write up you're completely wrong. Tinubu understanding of Nigeria is the reason for his moves .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by johntolu: 1:44am On Jul 02, 2022
Realist12:
bros as much as I enjoy your write up you're completely wrong. Tinubu understanding of Nigeria is the reason for his moves .

I think Aribisala made valid points in his critique of infrastructural developments in Lagos.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Nobody: 2:24am On Jul 02, 2022
johntolu:

I think Aribisala made valid points in his critique of infrastructural developments in Lagos.

He never made any valid point or most of the points he raised are not objective. There is no way you can make an objective analysis of infrastructural development without talking about limitations and risks on the ground.

Lagos is a city where the state government have no control over strategic factors of governance. In my different submissions on various issues, I have highlighted them, the last being from Ghana.

We all know how Tinubu struggled under Obj government. He was lucky Obj approved LFTZ but with limitations. It was Obj that reduced the size and the scope of LFTZ. This is the period Obasanjo called Lagos a 'discrete jungle only suitable for insane people to live'.

I pity Lagos a lot, a dumping ground for Nigeria, Niger & Chad. Majority of the people creating nuisance there never loved the city and the State government have no overall control over governance. My heart bleeds whenever I think about Lagos.

I am now done with Nairaland. I am going on exile / sabbatical leave from nairaland. Best of luck. Bye.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Tinubu Playing Football / London Mega Rally For Peter Obi (Photos and Video) / Photo Of Nnamdi Kanu In Kuje Prison Today As He Receives IPOB Members.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.