Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,975 members, 7,952,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:27 AM

Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) (72957 Views)

Pictures Of Lekki Deep Seaport / Lekki Deep Seaport To Begin Operations This Friday / Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Abujason: 3:02am On Jul 02, 2022
kayfra:
Shildren of hate would like to relocate it to Anambra or they'll say they developed it grin

You can’t even spell.
Seaport that you can’t step into or be able to use for once. Igbos will own 60% of all the business there.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by harmargedon: 3:58am On Jul 02, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Lagos would seize to exist? Loolzz...
Wow!
You guys bitterness has no limit sha.

The moment it chooses one?
So Lagos is no more in Yorubaland or no more a part of SW.
I'm not sure I understand the gibberish you wrote.
Well I can't blame you, there's no way you won't be consumed with anguish when Yorubaland is developing daily and your region is retrogresing hourly.
As much as you wish not, you're merely a migrant, don't feel too comfortable.
tell me which state or country that has existed on its own? Not even the almighty America. Remove tribalism from your head. I wasn't being tribalistic, I talk base on facts. America wouldn't be where she is today if foreigners were not welcomed, or Canada, or Dubai. Today you'll hear Dubai need doctors, professors. Tomorrow you'll hear America is giving out visa lottery, you think they don't know what they're doing.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by harmargedon: 4:01am On Jul 02, 2022
aribisala0:

https://www.nairaland.com/4144976/lagos-1898before-nigeria-not-oil
Lagos story started before Nigeria
yes, and it has been that way because? It consisted of lots of tribes in it. Lagos didn't exist because only lagosians were in it, or only the Yorubas either. It has been a city that housed lots of people, even foreigners. No city, state, or country than grow without foreigners in it. Use America, Canada as a case study.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by cmikel: 4:02am On Jul 02, 2022

.Others states ports can function only if we do not have leaders that try very hard
to monopolize Lagos port so as to to get or aquire political and personal gains...

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by AlafinofEnugu(m): 4:05am On Jul 02, 2022
aribisala0:
There is no evidence that everything we see is Tinubu's vision. Ithink that is too generous and hyperbolic
It is a biassed statement that has no objective proof. Anyhow Human development remains a major problem in Lagos in the areas of Education and Healthcare. Tinubu does not have surgery in Lagos , his children do not attend LASU and unemployment and crime are major worries

I do agree that the Niger Delta governors could do more . It is not just a Tinubu issue but a Yoruba issue.The bitter truth is the Yoruba are more politically advanced and if you want to give credit for vision the real owner is Awolowo NOT Tinubu.

Lagos State is made up of five Divisions
Lagos The former FCT
Ikorodu
Badary
Ikeja
Epe
4 divisions Epe,Badagry , Ikeja and Ikorodu were under the Western region till 1966 and the foundation for what we see across the state was laid by Awolowo NOT Tinubu

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by AlafinofEnugu(m): 4:13am On Jul 02, 2022
Ojuntana:

What does Tinubu have to do with a seaport

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by AlafinofEnugu(m): 4:17am On Jul 02, 2022
Ojuntana:
I don't understand why I'm seeing so many ignorant Tinubu goons saying a seaport is a state project.
Are they aware ports are on the exclusive list?
They're even claiming it for Tinubu. A project that started in 2011, four years after he left office!!

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by AlafinofEnugu(m): 4:19am On Jul 02, 2022
Ojuntana:

That's a big lie!! Lekki free trade zone is owned by the federal government. The act that created it is a federal act but was concessioned to a private company. It has nothing to do with Tinubu. Same you was attacking Peter Obi for claiming he brought international breweries to Nigeria!!

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by AlafinofEnugu(m): 4:33am On Jul 02, 2022
Ojuntana:
Too many ignoramus on this forum. Now I understand why it's so easy for politicians with money to buy Nigerian youths. Most are too lazy to read and gain knowledge and the rest are too steeped in ignorance and tribal sentiments to educate themselves about how their country is being run.
Just look at how all of them are shouting Tinubu on an FG project that was birthed and conceptualized by the same PDP govt they love to hate.
But they have no problem handing over the good things those ones did to their favorite politicians.
Shior!!

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Golan007: 5:03am On Jul 02, 2022
Echoban:

Guy why are u like this grin

That joke is fire.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 5:21am On Jul 02, 2022
johntolu:

Funny you, Aribisala, with your 'bi eru ba pe nile', interjection.
You seems to have forgotten one of our Father's proverbs, that says;
'Bi ewe ba pe lara ose, o ma ng di ose ni'.

Pada!!
Kii se bi ti eru
a bi e ko ma gbo oro amukun m'eko
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Kwestionair: 5:36am On Jul 02, 2022
BloomingDale:
How far Warri, Calabar, PH, Akwa Ibom port? Una Mumu never do.

Onitsha
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by MatrixCircle: 6:12am On Jul 02, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Go school, you say na okrika pant and bra you wan sell. Now you're disgracing your whole tribe.
Is it the importation of used products that helps develop an economy?
An import dependent economy is a disaster in the making, just like what we have in Nigeria today.
Smh.
So your own school didn't teach you about tariffs, levies and custom duties placed on imported goods and imported raw materials used by manufacturers. Go school you refused and say you want be Agbero de collect " owoda" give me money" from transporters" and dey do vulcanised and local tailor.. grin
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by juman(m): 6:15am On Jul 02, 2022
Biggest news in the world.
Congrats to lagos government.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by emee701(m): 6:47am On Jul 02, 2022
Abujason:

You can’t even spell.
Seaport that you can’t step into or be able to use for once. Igbos will own 60% of all the business there.
If its true, then why are you angry
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by emee701(m): 6:50am On Jul 02, 2022
harmargedon:
yes, and it has been that way because? It consisted of lots of tribes in it. Lagos didn't exist because only lagosians were in it, or only the Yorubas either. It has been a city that housed lots of people, even foreigners. No city, state, or country than grow without foreigners in it. Use America, Canada as a case study.
Foreigners are in lagos because of peaceful nature of yorubas. Can foreigners live freely in anambra like that?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 6:51am On Jul 02, 2022
izzou:
Lekki International Airport loading

Been “loading” for 23+ years… grin grin

EKO ONI BAJE
Lagos leads, others struggle to follow.
>
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by uniquelyspecial(m): 6:54am On Jul 02, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Childish of him to say the obvious truth?
Yoruba is greater than Nigeria, don't get it twisted.
Also don't muddle us up with the failed contraption.
Also immature of you.
What truth?
What do you stand to gain by instigating online inter-tribal tension?
Must you guys (Igbos and Yorubas especially) tribalise everything here?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 6:54am On Jul 02, 2022
>
Chief “Conceiver” Tinubu… cheesy
He “conceives” and 20+ years later, OTHERS build it.

If he becomes Nigeria’s president in 2023…
Our children will see the benefits starting from about 2045!

>

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by harmargedon: 6:55am On Jul 02, 2022
emee701:
Foreigners are in lagos because of peaceful nature of yorubas. Can foreigners live freely in anambra like that?
comrade, before the existence of unknown gunmen, Anambra has been peaceful and they welcomed foreigners. Do you think Onitsha houses only Igbos in it. There are lots of non Igbos existing there. Even if the percentage cannot be compared to that of lagos.

And again it's not peaceful because of the Yorubas, it's peaceful because of whom the lagosians are, they've been from history people with open arms, if you disagree, then why are other youruba dominated States not like lagos?
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:55am On Jul 02, 2022
harmargedon:
tell me which state or country that has existed on its own? Not even the almighty America. Remove tribalism from your head. I wasn't being tribalistic, I talk base on facts. America wouldn't be where she is today if foreigners were not welcomed, or Canada, or Dubai. Today you'll hear Dubai need doctors, professors. Tomorrow you'll hear America is giving out visa lottery, you think they don't know what they're doing.
grin grin grin grin grin
My brother Leave him to be misyearning.

Infact see just checkout what BAT daughter was misyarning in the other thread shocked

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by emee701(m): 6:55am On Jul 02, 2022
MatrixCircle:

So your own school didn't teach you about tariffs, levies and custom duties placed on imported goods and imported raw materials used by manufacturers. Go school you refused and say you want be Agbero de collect " owoda" give me money" from transporters" and dey do vulcanised and local tailor.. grin
meth addict. Developed countries make more money with exportation eg china, usa, germany. Exportation grows the economy, so she is right
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by emee701(m): 6:59am On Jul 02, 2022
harmargedon:
comrade, before the existence of unknown gunmen, Anambra has been peaceful and they welcomed foreigners. Do you think Onitsha houses only Igbos in it. There are lots of non Igbos existing there. Even if the percentage cannot be compared to that of lagos.

And again it's not peaceful because of the Yorubas, it's peaceful because of whom the lagosians are, they've been from history people with open arms, if you disagree, then why are other youruba dominated States not like lagos?
How many non igbos are in anambra. Lagos is like this because of welcoming nature of yorubas and sea Which pass through lagos
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by ebufa: 7:04am On Jul 02, 2022
budaatum:

Haven't heard that for a while. It's what stops us growing as we become tiẹ́ tiẹ́, selfishly better pass the neighbour, though we live in the same face me face you and get bitten by the same mosquitoes and poo in the same shalanga.

We shall learn to ti gbogbo wa, someday, I hope, specially now you pointed it out.

I cannot agree more! we are stronger together! I am a full-fledged Nnewi born, I grew up in isale eko and environs....docemo avenue,ereko,tinubu square, johns street,campos were my stomping grounds! I have tremendous respect and love for every genuine Yoruba man...........we are largely the same people despite differences in culture and language.....DNA proves it................as much as I respect Obi, the journey for him has just started........... Tinubu is a better prepared presidential prospect......many can accuse him of various ills but he is not a tribalist.....................he is a visionary leader and he is no Islamic fundamentalist either................but he must shun the habitual national politics of marginalizing the eastern region of this nation, especially the Igbo nation...................one thing is clear any leader that embraces ndigbo and their interest usually succeeds! Buhari shunned ndigbo the most but his administration is an abysmal failure.........................the road to Tinubu's electoral victory and ultimate success in administration is through the east......................... Tinubu should shun the useless and discredited igbo politicians but consult on how to buy the hearts of ndigbo........................... Igbos are not really so hot on the presidency, what we desire is the cessation of Igbo marginalization in critical infrastructural ...............you sef check am now.............no gas pipeline, no international airport terminal, no inland nor river ports, no power plants, no railways....and the few roads we have are so bad............. Enugu is cut off from awka....and por harcourt is cut off from aba.......................................let us be fair to all .....hence we provoke the anger of God!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 7:06am On Jul 02, 2022
Ojuntana:
I don't understand why I'm seeing so many ignorant Tinubu goons saying a seaport is a state project.
Are they aware ports are on the exclusive list?
They're even claiming it for Tinubu. A project that started in 2011, four years after he left office!!
Penguin2:
Lekki Deep Sea Port is the project of Tolaram and China Harbour Engineering Company. Lagos State and NPA are mere shareholders.

Lekki Deep Seat Port was conceived by the Tinubu administration as a PPP between the LASG and Eurochem (Tolaram came later). However, because if the anachronistic NPA Act, which gives the NPA monopoly over ports in Nigeria, 5% shareholding was ceded to the NPA to get the project off the ground after the PDP federal government stalled it for years.
>
EKO O NI BAJE!
Lagos leads, others follow.
>

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by harmargedon: 7:09am On Jul 02, 2022
emee701:
How many non igbos are in anambra. Lagos is like this because of welcoming nature of yorubas and sea Which pass through lagos
what nature of yourubas that you keep on hammering on. It's the nature of the lagosians. If a million sea pass through a State that doesn't welcome visitors, no one will hmgo there. I've stayed with a lagosians pure blood and a regular youruba man, and I can tell the difference.

One question though! I've you been to Anambra before?
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 7:09am On Jul 02, 2022
emee701:

Has little to do with Yoruba, but more with its legacy as ex-fed capital…
There are not exactly a multitude of foreigners in the other Yoruba states.

EKO O NI BAJE!
Lagos leads, others struggle to follow.
>
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Eniitankorede: 7:11am On Jul 02, 2022
BloomingDale:
How far Warri, Calabar, PH, Akwa Ibom port? Una Mumu never do.

This deep sea port is the brain child of Bola Ahmed Tinubu. A visionary leader who laid the foundation for greater Lagos, the Mega city project. This is the leader NIGERIA needs, even if he is on wheelchair. Any drug taking youth who believes Obituary is his leader should stop dreaming. Obituary is a third class brain and we don’t need him in NIGERIA now.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by emee701(m): 7:13am On Jul 02, 2022
9jaRealist:

Has little to do with Yoruba, but more with its legacy as ex-fed capital… There are not exactly a multitude of foreigners in the other Yoruba states.
EKO O NI BAJE! Lagos leads, others struggle to follow. >
Calabar is also ex federal capital
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by zionstaar75: 7:21am On Jul 02, 2022
Parachoko:
Do you have an evidence to prove Tinubu is sick?
oga did u watch the convention, this guy was struggling to flip a sheet of paper,abeg spare me.how many months did he use in UK last year getting treatment, we should be telling ourselves the truth

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Amotekun Walk On The Streets Of Osogbo, Osun State (Photos) / Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Yusuf Buhari's Power Bike Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.