Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,093 members, 7,835,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life (3691 Views)

I Have From Now To January 2 To Choose Between These Jobs Offer / Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got / I Have Been Offered Two Jobs And I Don't Know Which One To Choose. Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by Starboytwo(m): 1:24pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ain’t going nowhere, perfectly suited for this clime and thriving. I don’t like cold too.
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by BigDawsNet: 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ndibuna:
Why are African immigrants mostly doing 2 to 3 jobs, working long hours in a day while their white counterparts take vacations with families to greeny environment. Even in the so called obodo oyibo the blacks are still treating themselves like second class humans

When we travel abroad... most of us do this not for ourselves but for the family back home...

Some families go extend of selling large properties to send the child abroad....

Now you wanna tell me the boy will arrive and start working... the next is to use his saving to flex on holiday?

Do you know how much it cost to go on holiday trip...
If u send that money back home... it can carter for a whole family chain...

Now as a foreigner
You hav to take care of yourself, immediate family and family back home...
One menial job cannot sustain that...
So some result in working 3 jobs...

If you lucky to study abroad or get high paying job...one job maybe enough...

But in all... abroad life is npt forever.. we came to make money and return someday...
Holiday spending will happen...but not compared to the whites citizens

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by Bankowner: 1:26pm On Jul 03, 2022
Does a white man have any extended relatives or in-laws that depends on him for money? Do you know how many people back in Africa that are hanging on one person living abroad? And you ask why he's working 2-3 jobs.

Did he have any job at all before he left the continent?

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by Ndibuna: 1:50pm On Jul 03, 2022
BigDawsNet:

When we travel abroad... most of us do this not for ourselves but for the family back home...

Some families go extend of selling large properties to send the child abroad....

Now you wanna tell me the boy will arrive and start working... the next is to use his saving to flex on holiday?

Do you know how much it cost to go on holiday trip...
If u send that money back home... it can carter for a whole family chain...

Now as a foreigner
You hav to take care of yourself, immediate family and family back home...
One menial job cannot sustain that...
So some result in working 3 jobs...

If you lucky to study abroad or get high paying job...one job maybe enough...

But in all... abroad life is npt forever.. we came to make money and return someday...
Holiday spending will happen...but not compared to the whites citizens
Thanks for your kind response
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 03, 2022
And when they visit home they will be lavishing the money on Olosho and expensive a alcohol as if they got the money easily.

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
daddytime:
Is it your stressing?.

You'd complain and call people lazy if they refused to work.

Now, that they are taking up 2-3 jobs to be able to meet up with bills and repatriation of finds to also help those at home, you'd still complain.

Humans with their double-barrelled mouths and penchant for always nagging.
Overstressing the body can shorten one's life span.

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 03, 2022
daddytime:
Is it your stressing?.

You'd complain and call people lazy if they refused to work.

Now, that they are taking up 2-3 jobs to be able to meet up with bills and repatriation of finds to also help those at home, you'd still complain.

Humans with their double-barrelled mouths and penchant for always nagging.
Nobody is saying they should not work.But the overworked is what the op is talking about.

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by jesmond3945: 2:35pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ndibuna:
Why are African immigrants mostly doing 2 to 3 jobs, working long hours in a day while their white counterparts take vacations with families to greeny environment. Even in the so called obodo oyibo the blacks are still treating themselves like second class humans
frontpage material. They system is rigged against the black man. We only get shitty jobs the white man cannot do.
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by jesmond3945: 2:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
9japride:
Though things might be expensive in foreign countries, but most immigrants always want to live above their means especially Africans.
you are right. The pressure we put on ourselves is ernomous. We dont want to come back empty handed.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by Connected1: 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ndibuna:
A Frog doesn't run in the day time for nothing.

It's either it's chasing something or something is chasing it.

Those people doing those jobs are called breadwinners in their families, they have so much financial responsibilities on their shoulders.

Imagine getting a scholarship to study in a university with conditions that you maintain a CGPA, then you will relax like others would pay their fees.
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2022
juman:
American dream.

Today many people will tell you that American dream is mere dream.
But American dream is still exist till today. You can achieve the dream by working hard.
Its like that forever. Only hard working people achieve their dream.

Everywhere in the world include nigeria one can achieve a lot by working very hard.
You know chief afe babalola SAN. He said he work from 7 AM till 11PM daily for 364 days in a year. Just one day off in a year.
I remember chief gani fawehinmi also worked tirelessly like that.
Do you believe what babalola said?Have you worked from 7am to 11pm to know whether it is easy?

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by Connected1: 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2022
jesmond3945:
frontpage material. They system is rigged against the black man. We only get shitty jobs the white man cannot do.
The system is not rigged bro.

I repeat it's not, we are the ones who give our lucrative jobs to foreigners on a platter of Gold.

It's only Africans that give a managerial position to a foreigner then allow the locals work under him.
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by Connected1: 2:45pm On Jul 03, 2022
Revolution2022:
Do you believe what babalola said?Have you worked from 7am to 11pm to know whether it is easy?
It's very possible, but you will take some minutes rests in between.

It's not forever, when you tell some persons that you start from somewhere, they will call you evil and say you are demonic.
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by jesmond3945: 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2022
Connected1:

The system is not rigged bro.

I repeat it's not, we are the ones who give our lucrative jobs to foreigners on a platter of Gold.

It's only Africans that give a managerial position to a foreigner then allow the locals work under him.
no i mean in abroad. White man dont give black man middle class opportunity like that.
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
Connected1:

It's very possible, but you will take some minutes rests in between.

It's not forever, when you tell some persons that you start from somewhere, they will call you evil and say you are demonic.
Babalola is a lair.I have worked from 7am to 7pm and 7pm till 7am respectively.That was a factory own by Lebanese and indian.It was terrible.I would be sleeping while I was operating a machine.Any mistake that I fall,the machine I operate would amputate my arm.
I would take an excuse from my supervisor and go into the bathroom to sleep because if I got caught by the Indian I would be sack.

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by an0daGuy: 3:14pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ndibuna:

But they die earlier than their white counterparts due to excessive stress

and so? angry Is it your die?

better face ya front oga, because it’s good for you here does not mean it’s good for others there.
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by juman(m): 3:23pm On Jul 03, 2022
Revolution2022:

It is easy for him. His body and mind have been tuned to accept it. It become his way of life.
Most of SAN you hear in the news every time also work tirelessly to reach that stage.

Gani fawehinmi chamber also did long hours of work, but I cant remember the exact hours.

What of medical doctors, some of them work so much.
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by Connected1: 3:24pm On Jul 03, 2022
jesmond3945:
no i mean in abroad. White man dont give black man middle class opportunity like that.
I am saying same thing bro.

They put their citizens/Indigenes first unlike us.
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by Connected1: 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
Revolution2022:
Babalola is a lair.I have worked from 7am to 7pm and 7pm till 7am respectively.That was a factory own by Lebanese and indian.It was terrible.I would be sleeping while I was operating a machine.Any mistake that I fall,the machine I operate would amputate my arm.
I would take an excuse from my supervisor and go into the bathroom to sleep because if I got caught by the Indian I would be sack.
In as much as everyone's strength differs, I still don't think he lied.

I have worked 24 hrs straight without sleep or Rest. From 2pm to 2pm, I have done it twice or so, I am talking about operating a very technical mechanical machine that requires full time sober mood, I know someone that can do 48hrs too, but you will likely catch fever or have a mental instability after it, I had a serious target then, so I am not familiar with borrowing, maybe I am just not lucky, so I had to do it.

But 7am to 11pm, it's workable, there are many people who can do, they just reject because of the low pay but in overseas, though the pay is still low but when converted to our poor currency, it's like a fortune.
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by KristaPretty(f): 3:32pm On Jul 03, 2022
Until you leave that hut you live in your village and move outside the shires of this country, you have no say or understanding

Now go back to your farmland
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by LoudlyMouthed: 4:25pm On Jul 03, 2022
cool
Frigga13:
Because Africans need to survive .. they go to white man land to learn and while at it .. they hustle to live good .

You will never understand to survive and live good till you get there .
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by Ndibuna: 4:36pm On Jul 03, 2022
an0daGuy:

and so? angry Is it your die?

better face ya front oga, because it’s good for you here does not mean it’s good for others there.
I care Nd I'm concerned bc I'm African myself. My people don't need to die early just bc of work
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
Connected1:

I have worked 24 hrs straight without sleep or Rest. From 2pm to 2pm, I have done it twice or so, I am talking about operating a very technical mechanical machine that requires full time sober mood, I know someone that can do 48hrs too, but you will likely catch fever or have a mental instability after it, I had a serious target then, so I am not familiar with borrowing, maybe I am just not lucky, so I had to do it.

But 7am to 11pm, it's workable, there are many people who can do, they just reject because of the low pay but in overseas, though the pay is still low but when converted to our poor currency, it's like a fortune.
You are sentimental not factual.
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by Ndibuna: 4:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
Connected1:

You only did the 24hrs twice. I thought you would say for 2,3,6,8 months lol
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by Ndibuna: 4:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
KristaPretty:
Until you leave that hut you live in your village and move outside the shires of this country, you have no say or understanding

Now go back to your farmland
I just moved from UK to holiday in Nigeria, u toad. So poverty carry u go abroad to do modern day slavery, Ewu ashawo
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by 9japride(m): 5:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
jesmond3945:
you are right. The pressure we put on ourselves is ernomous. We dont want to come back empty handed.
[color=#006600][/color]

That's the truth, my advice to people is not kill themselves trying to please others. Because when the chips are down those people one is trying to please won't even look at the pleaser's face.
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by an0daGuy: 5:35pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ndibuna:

I care Nd I'm concerned bc I'm African myself. My people don't need to die early just bc of work

So you prefer they die early because of hunger ? shocked
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by franchasofficia: 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2022
helinues:
How many hours work are the white doing themselves?

Meanwhile, Africa should develop their continent without blaming others for their woes
How will Africa develop when bigots like you prefer to support nodowells and men of questionable integrity just because of tribe and religion?

How many nations have you heard became developed by championing and brazingly celebrating bigotry and clannishness?

Europe is a success because most European countries are made up of people of similar tribe that share same dialect (language), culture and belief. Can same be said about Africa? NO!

When we say okay since we can't let go of our tribalism and clannishness, let us divide Nigeria into various regions that share same or similar dialect, cultural, traditional and religious belief so that it can be easier for each region to govern themselves, you greedy folks will say no all because you want to be using crude oil from other regions to be developing your region and at the same time not want equity and fairness yet you have the effrontery to be talking about African development angry
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by KristaPretty(f): 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ndibuna:

I just moved from UK to holiday in Nigeria, u toad. So poverty carry u go abroad to do modern day slavery, Ewu ashawo

From your statement it's obvious you are not worth talking to.

Only a dumb and foolish person would use the word "move" when making reference to a holiday which is to last for a short time

There you have it, now get back to your tiny farmland full of termites

Olodo

Riff-raff
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by Connected1: 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
Revolution2022:
You are sentimental not factual.
If this is sentimental, then show me what you said that's factual.

Oga Rest abeg.

If people resort to scamming to meetup, una go still talk, now if I vent my anger on you now, you will say I am disrespectful.

While I was still a Trainee was when I worked these extra hours, the pay was very small, about 35k, some of my colleagues were into romance scams to meet up, but I did what I had to do because I am a big fan of legit hustle, I easily get angered then, if you just tell me rubbish without providing an alternative source of income, I finish you without looking back, I don't allow anyone kill my self-esteem for nothing.

The man working overtime has a target, at a time I did so many overtime, to help admit one kid in my area whose parents couldn't afford to put her in a public primary school, I shouldn't even be telling you this because it seems the Sun has always shone on your compound, so you won't understand.
Re: Why Are African Immigrants Doing 2 To 3 Jobs And Stressing Their Life by Connected1: 7:44pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ndibuna:

You only did the 24hrs twice. I thought you would say for 2,3,6,8 months lol
You must be really stupid.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vacancies At Total / Recent Careers And Jobs In Nigeria (graduate And Professionals) / Admission Into Petroleum Training Institute (p.t.i) Effurun 2014/2015 Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.