Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,341 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Nigerian Men Dating/marrying Outside Of Their Race - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Dating/marrying Outside Of Their Race (2568 Views)

Benefits Of Dating/marrying A Beautiful Woman.......... / 5 HOT! Positions Men Dating ‘fat’ Women Should Use (photos) / Younger Men Dating Older Women - Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Men Dating/marrying Outside Of Their Race by Fulllips(f): 2:22am On Jul 26, 2011
Where I live, I've noticed a lot of Nigerian men dating and marrying outside of their race, whether they were born in Nigeria, or are 2nd or 3rd generation. I am not opposed to miscegenation by any means, since I too am a product of miscegenation, but I am really curious as to why this is. I rarely see Nigerian women marrying outside there race. So why is it common among the men.
Re: Nigerian Men Dating/marrying Outside Of Their Race by pleep(m): 2:52am On Jul 26, 2011
Miscegation? Eek that sound like a really bad thing oo undecided

anyway @topic I dunno. tongue
Re: Nigerian Men Dating/marrying Outside Of Their Race by Mynd44: 3:08am On Jul 26, 2011
I guess they want to experience other things and life apart from that which they know
Re: Nigerian Men Dating/marrying Outside Of Their Race by Fulllips(f): 3:35am On Jul 26, 2011
pleep:

Miscegation? Eek that sound like a really bad thing oo undecided

anyway @topic I dunno. tongue

LOL miscegenation is just another fancy term for race mixing. Honestly, I don't mind, but my friends and some family members are complaining that they're losing men to women of other races.
Re: Nigerian Men Dating/marrying Outside Of Their Race by claremont(m): 4:43am On Jul 26, 2011
@Poster: Firstly, simply call it inter-cultural marriage, no need calling it a word that only you knows the meaning of.
As regards the reasons why, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that people marry people they are compatible with irrespective of race. Only bigots and jilted lovers go around touting that Nigerians marry foreigners because of papers!
Re: Nigerian Men Dating/marrying Outside Of Their Race by pendo89(f): 5:17am On Jul 26, 2011
I see absolutely nothing wrong with marrying outside your culture.
Love knows no borders.
Re: Nigerian Men Dating/marrying Outside Of Their Race by MrsChima(f): 6:31am On Jul 26, 2011
LMAO@race grin grin grin grin grin grin

Pardon me. (walks out of thread)
Re: Nigerian Men Dating/marrying Outside Of Their Race by Fulllips(f): 6:32am On Jul 26, 2011
geez claremont, why are you attacking me. I'm sorry I used the word miscegenation, I hear it used all the time in regular diction, and I think any one with a mid-level college education would know the word. *kanye shrug* And who said anything about them marrying for papers? not me. I was born and raised in America, and I'm talking about men like myself who were also born here, or are legal American citizens. My question was not a personal attack against Nigerian men, like I said I find nothing wrong with interracial relations, since I am a bi-product of that type of relation. Anyways like I said, the majority of American born Nigerian males marry and date outside their race, largely disproportionate from American born Nigerian females. Are males more open to the possibilities of expanding outside of their race?  Oh and Claremont if you can't respond to me in a manner that is not rude/disrespectful you can keep your thoughts to yourself. Not all of us are as bitter about life as you are, so if you see any posts by me, kindly skip it, or pretend like you never saw it #sityocrustyazzdown
Re: Nigerian Men Dating/marrying Outside Of Their Race by claremont(m): 7:58am On Jul 26, 2011
Full_lips:

geez claremont, why are you attacking me. I'm sorry I used the word miscegenation, I hear it used all the time in regular diction, and I think any one with a mid-level college education would know the word. *kanye shrug* And who said anything about them marrying for papers? not me. I was born and raised in America, and I'm talking about men like myself who were also born here, or are legal American citizens. My question was not a personal attack against Nigerian men, like I said I find nothing wrong with interracial relations, since I am a bi-product of that type of relation. Anyways like I said, the majority of American born Nigerian males marry and date outside their race, largely disproportionate from American born Nigerian females. Are males more open to the possibilities of expanding outside of their race?  Oh and Claremont if you can't respond to me in a manner that is not rude/disrespectful you can keep your thoughts to yourself. Not all of us are as bitter about life as you are, so if you see any posts by me, kindly skip it, or pretend like you never saw it #sityocrustyazzdown
Bitter? Nah, very much far from it mate! Sorry if I sounded cruel in my initial post, but there has been a general misconception here in Nairaland and everywhere else as well, that Nigerian men marry foreign ladies in order to secure papers to live permanently abroad, nothing could be further from the truth. This misconception has become so entrenched that people tend to question every marriage between a Nigerian and a foreign lady, which is the worst kind of stereotype a person can ever get. Some Posters here on Nairaland (not yourself) are so narrow-minded in their thinking that they fail to see how a multi-cultural marriage will work based on their own relationship failures. I and a few others are very passionate about this issue, hence the vituperations in my initial post, sorry if it sounded harsh or cruel, I didn't mean it that way.
Re: Nigerian Men Dating/marrying Outside Of Their Race by claremont(m): 7:59am On Jul 26, 2011
wink wink nice lips BTW. wink
Re: Nigerian Men Dating/marrying Outside Of Their Race by Fulllips(f): 2:16pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^^ aah see that is the type of response I appreciate. And yes, you make good points. Oh and thank you.
Re: Nigerian Men Dating/marrying Outside Of Their Race by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2011
@poster
could it be that a fair number of Nigerian women out there play hard to get/holier than thou and when that happens, Nigerian men either go and get the women that are available in their surroundings OR (if they have some money) go home to get themselves a jungle sista that will inevitably turn worse than the ones he so wanted to run away from. aaaaaaaaaaah!

also if that guy just came from Africa, he surely wants to taste that "forbidden fruit", and he may get hooked by the way this person treats him "differently" than any 9ja sista ever treated him.

and if he was born and raise abroad then he will see ALL women as potential mates rather than just 9ja ones.
Re: Nigerian Men Dating/marrying Outside Of Their Race by pleep(m): 7:40pm On Jul 26, 2011
I find it hard to belive you noticed this in Nigerian men only. undecided

it's well known that black men get in cross-cultural relationships much more than black women. Irrespective of nationality.
Anyway, in addition to that, it's well known that most ethnic groups only allow miscegation tongue for the male child and not the
female. Greeks, italians, Arabs, Indians etc often do this in the u.s

I think it comes from the belief that the child is always the ethnicity of the father.
Re: Nigerian Men Dating/marrying Outside Of Their Race by Nayah(f): 8:03pm On Jul 26, 2011
Race what do you mean by race a Gambian is that different from a Nigerian in terms of race?

(1) (Reply)

I Tire 4 Dem Guys O! / Guys Which Of This Actions Are You Guilty Of ? / Ways To Tell Your Girlfriend/fiance Is Cheating On You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.