Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,734 members, 7,813,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport (45717 Views)

Growth In Passengers’ Traffic Excites Akure Airport Manager / Cows On Akure Airport Runway: FAAN Apologises / Cows At Akure Airport Prevent Air Peace From Landing. Fayose, FFK React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Odaveboy(m): 5:52pm On Jul 04, 2022
hotboz:
I had an unpleasant experience with them though. They shifted my flight from 11:30am to 5pm. Meanwhile, the meeting I was going for in Abuja was slated for 5pm.

I had to return home. Till now, I haven't been refunded. Said I should wait for 6-8weeks. Imagine.

They will refund but...............you go taya
This happened to me once

1 Like

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by AmazingELixir: 5:53pm On Jul 04, 2022
Bbsharon:
Traveling in Nigeria can be a hassle at times and picking the best Airline or even knowing the best airline service to use for your trip can be a difficult task.

But not in a case of unpopular route like the Lagos to Akure return trips where you have just three Airlines flying the route, then you have no option than to consider your options well and just opt for any of them.

Here is a video I made on my YouTube channel about my flight experience and a review of the Akure Airport...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5aF9KWRK-Y

Op what is the flight time between Abuja and Akure ?
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Odaveboy(m): 5:53pm On Jul 04, 2022
Jollyman19:

Can is ask you of something boss?

Sure bro
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Ezmans: 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kennitrust:
When somebody who deserve a certain position show up, everyone will know it and they will support him by all means to fix him in that position.
For example; when Obama show up to be American president, no one remember racial belongings, no one talk about black or white. The whole country was unite for a perfect reason because, when you are favored, no one can stop you.

In Nigeria, we have someone we believed is perfect for the leaderships of this great country... Even when he didn't give Shishi
We are OK with him.

Only the enemies of Nigeria will works against such a young man full of energy and integrity, from leading this country.

Surely before the campaign will begin, the news of a new Nigeria will be accepted everywhere.
noted

2 Likes

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2022
Esseite:
Let's leave the green Africa first... is that the main Airport?

Yes it is grin

1 Like

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Goalnaldo(m): 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2022
Bbsharon:
Have you had any flight experience with Green Africa Airways before or plan to soon?

Or have you been to the Akure Airport before? What was your experience like ? kindly share. Thank you!!

You can also read up this post in my blog @
https://www.travelwithdemmy.com/2022/07/flying-green-africa-airways-for-first.html
come and be my sugar mummy kiss
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by DeLaRue: 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2022
You said the Abuja-Akure route is unpopular, yet you went on to say airpeace was fully booked, and that 2 other airlines ply the route on a daily basis!

There's also 6 daily flights to and from Lagos. That's 12 flights per day, including Abuja.

How more 'popular' do you want the route to be.

Of course Akure is not Lagos, Abuja, Portharcourt or Enugu, but I bet it is in the top 12 of routes in Nigeria and growing fast.

Our of 36 state capitals, Akure can be proud of itself.

1 Like

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Fmghewzy(m): 5:59pm On Jul 04, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Lol
See low budget plane with the fans exposed like a Rambo-era helicopter.

Cheap flight, cheap death

It being turbo prop doesn't mean it's cheap and dangerous.

It's a common misconception about the plane,so I won't blame you.
Without have any knowledge about the plane lol, grin grin that would be the first thing that comes to ones mind

2 Likes

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Jollyman19: 6:01pm On Jul 04, 2022
Odaveboy:

Sure bro
Okay
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 6:04pm On Jul 04, 2022
akins33:
Been coming to that Airport since 1986,those days,there was no Nepa Electricity ther it was Gen al thru. Only Cargo planes or Chartered Flights lnded.Until a philanthropist Akinnagbe started a private airline but it did not last.Most of the staff in the airport been working there since the 80s.

Wow!! Interesting
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by DeLaRue: 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2022
On the Lagos to Akure route, Green Africa is usually about 30% cheaper on average than Airpeace.

It is very popular with weekenders.
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2022
Odaveboy:
Had my first experience with green Africa airline around December last year (2021) ... AKURE --LAGOS--AKURE...... It was a smooth ride anyways... but the air conditioning in the plane ehn......aside that it is 70/100 for me

The Air conditioning was bad ?
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 6:06pm On Jul 04, 2022
Dproperties:
they seems not having port as their destination the last time I checked
They do
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 6:07pm On Jul 04, 2022
Jollyman19:
Who pushed this to front page should indicate it as sponsored post jaree. With somehow reviews. Mcheeew

It’s not sponsored!! undecided A lot of people expect reviews to be always bad but it wasn’t for me so I won’t say otherwise.
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 6:09pm On Jul 04, 2022
hotboz:
I had an unpleasant experience with them though. They shifted my flight from 11:30am to 5pm. Meanwhile, the meeting I was going for in Abuja was slated for 5pm.

I had to return home. Till now, I haven't been refunded. Said I should wait for 6-8weeks. Imagine.

That’s sad!!
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by DeLaRue: 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Lol

That plane is one of the most rugged in the world and cheaper to run. It is French made. The interior is better. I prefer it.

Airpeace fly very old planes on Lagos -Akure, with seats often held together by cellotape.

4 Likes

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Premiumwriter: 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
Me wey neva enter aeroplane before just dey look.

Make I go drink my garri fes. Later I go think about life.

3 Likes

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 6:11pm On Jul 04, 2022
AmazingELixir:

Op what is the flight time between Abuja and Akure ?

For some days 10am and some other times 2pm
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Odaveboy(m): 6:12pm On Jul 04, 2022
Bbsharon:

The Air conditioning was bad ?

YES....

As at that time .....

1 Like

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by AmazingELixir: 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2022
Bbsharon:

For some days 10am and some other times 2pm

Sorry I meant the duration
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2022
DeLaRue:
You said the Abuja-Akure route is unpopular, yet you went on to say airpeace was fully booked, and that 2 other airlines ply the route on a daily basis!

There's also 6 daily flights to and from Lagos. That's 12 flights per day, including Abuja.

How more 'popular' do you want the route to be.

Of course Akure is not Lagos, Abuja, Portharcourt or Enugu, but I bet it is in the top 12 of routes in Nigeria and growing fast.

Our of 36 state capitals, Akure can be proud of itself.

Fully booked because I booked two days before my flight date.
And yes it’s unpopular compared to other routes. Besides Green Africa just started flying that route last year and Airpeace too joined not too long ago. Formerly it was just Overland.
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2022
AmazingELixir:

Sorry I meant the duration

45 Minutes!!
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Shellsploit: 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2022
See as airport be like okearo wharehouse grin grin grin
Umuleri international airport is better!

1 Like

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by DeLaRue: 6:18pm On Jul 04, 2022
I've done Heathrow, Schipol, and of course Lagos, Abuja etc.

Yet, my most pleasant flying experience has been through Akure.

From alighting from your flight to getting into your taxi takes less than 2 mins grin if you have hand luggage only.

With luggage, probably, 7 max.

What's so special about big airports where you are stuck in the airport for hours

On my visits, I have found Akure city generally to have an easy going vibe that is nice indeed. I've found similar vibe in Ilorin.

4 Likes

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by hotboz: 6:26pm On Jul 04, 2022
Odaveboy:

They will refund but...............you go taya
This happened to me once

It took you how many weeks or months? And were you fully or partly refunded?
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by JuanDeDios: 6:26pm On Jul 04, 2022
Bbsharon:
Have you had any flight experience with Green Africa Airways before or plan to soon?

Or have you been to the Akure Airport before? What was your experience like ? kindly share. Thank you!!

You can also read up this post in my blog @
https://www.travelwithdemmy.com/2022/07/flying-green-africa-airways-for-first.html

Well, it's a budget airline. No snacks, no luggage, etc. is how they achieve that. Plus the fact they're using turbo-powered planes, which use less fuel and fly lower and slower. Good review.
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by DeLaRue: 6:27pm On Jul 04, 2022
Bbsharon:

Fully booked because I booked two days before my flight date.
And yes it’s unpopular compared to other routes. Besides Green Africa just started flying that route last year and Airpeace too joined not too long ago. Formerly it was just Overland.

Airpeace has been flying Lagos -Akure route for about 4 years.
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Munzy14(m): 6:29pm On Jul 04, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Lol

chai... grin grin grin
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by pappilo(m): 6:31pm On Jul 04, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Lol

Dullard + ignorance = wasted life

1 Like

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by ThothHermes: 6:31pm On Jul 04, 2022
post=114418923:
Slow and steady we will get to the country of our dreams.

God bless Nigeria.
Shut up zombie. How can we get to the "country of our dreams" with Tinubu?
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by eagleu: 6:34pm On Jul 04, 2022
post=114418923:
Slow and steady we will get to the country of our dreams.

God bless Nigeria.

This is despite Buhari's presence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Suspected Ritualist Causes Serious Accident Driving One Way (Video) / Opebi Lagos Helicopter Crash: Buhari, Sanwo-Olu, Tinubu Condole With Families / Man's Car Crashes Into A Range Rover, He Survives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.