Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,835 members, 7,813,790 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport (45722 Views)

Growth In Passengers’ Traffic Excites Akure Airport Manager / Cows On Akure Airport Runway: FAAN Apologises / Cows At Akure Airport Prevent Air Peace From Landing. Fayose, FFK React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2022
JuanDeDios:

Well, it's a budget airline. No snacks, no luggage, etc. is how they achieve that. Plus the fact they're using turbo-powered planes, which use less fuel and fly lower and slower. Good review.
Thanks �
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by IFEBARBIE: 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2022
YeyeGbami:

The whole japa thing tire me o, there is no money on ground. The thing wan dey gimme emotional stress grin

Everything dey God hand sha.
God'll definitely help us. We'll get there bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by heendrix(m): 6:49pm On Jul 04, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Lol
See low budget plane with the fans exposed like a Rambo-era helicopter.

Cheap flight, cheap death

Lmao mumu you should prolly get urself educated and exposed on the similarities btwn a jet engine plane and a turboprop planes and quit being proud of ur ignorance

One of the similarities that fit greenways acquiring the planes is the fact that a turboprop plane is actually sensible to buy if you're touring btwn states in a country cuz they're not built to travel for a very long distance. so for a flight of 2-3hrs max, Yes a turboprop plane is at all not bad and the funny fact is a bird strike can crash a jet engine plane but it's rare on a turboprop plane like this one thus giving customers a level of safety

3 Likes

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by IFEBARBIE: 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2022
Read4rmthend:

Very true.Green Africa can reschedule a flight because of low number of passengers ,plus they seem not to have enough planes .There boarding time is worse than inconsistent.

If your going for something prompt don't use them,but if you have all the time,go for it
shocked I need to be in Phc by mid morning, so I don't want to gamble. Airpeace is also a master in flight rescheduling. Trying to save some few bucks using green Africa
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Wpp1: 6:54pm On Jul 04, 2022
Oh
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by IFEBARBIE: 6:56pm On Jul 04, 2022
ok, thanks
fortunez1:
I can help you with any info you need in Ph, flights, hotel, clubs etc I'm into haulage 07031914399 (call or Whatsapp)
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by foreshore(m): 6:56pm On Jul 04, 2022
Bbsharon:
Recently, I had to travel from Abuja to Akure and on the first thought I had plans to go with Airpeace as they are obviously the biggest carrier in Nigeria for local flights and have been around for long and since they also go to Akure they were my first option.

I checked up for the ticket for Airpeace and it was sold out so I had two options left, Overland Airways and the new Airline in Nigeria which is Green Africa Airways.

I wanted by all means to avoid Nigeria new airlines and thought to go for the Overland but then the curious nature in me could not bring myself to book the ticket so I checked the Green Africa Airways and finally made my bookings with them and that's how my first experience with them came to be.

Basically, I will be giving an overview review of the airline from my own perspective and experience using them and also how the Airport in Akure looks like.

Why Akure Airport come resemble Police Station like this

2 Likes

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by brightalo1010: 6:57pm On Jul 04, 2022
Bbsharon:
Have you had any flight experience with Green Africa Airways before or plan to soon?

Or have you been to the Akure Airport before? What was your experience like ? kindly share. Thank you!!

You can also read up this post in my blog @
https://www.travelwithdemmy.com/2022/07/flying-green-africa-airways-for-first.html

I've been using green Africa since this year and they're the best.

I asked them about the snack they said it is in the charges and as you can see they're actually the cheapest when it comes to domestic price.

There landing has been smooth and no delay in taking off.

Talking about airports, you need to see Ilorin airport first before complaining about Akure own Lol.

Ilorin airport only have flight going to either Abuja or Lagos. So I have to fly to Lagos first before going to owerri

I'm using them from owerri to Lagos. 12.30

1 Like

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by IFEBARBIE: 6:58pm On Jul 04, 2022
with the this level of participation, I guess we've hit front page grin

2 Likes

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by scottyoloye(m): 6:59pm On Jul 04, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Lol

They are not low budget planes. ATRs are the most economical and fuel efficient regional aircrafts.

Do your research properly before bad mouthing people's businesses.

Why should an airline use a Boeing for a trip from Lagos or Abuja to Akure that has relatively low air commuters compared to other destinations?

3 Likes

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by brightalo1010: 7:07pm On Jul 04, 2022
IFEBARBIE:
I'm also considering flying green Africa to Phc from Los, I'm an airpeace fan but was told this is cheaper but slower. Reviews are negative, especially inconsistent boarding times. Yeyegbami, do you have any contact in pH?

I've been using them and there's nothing wrong so far with Ive already booked for tomorrow's trip to owerri. They're cheap currently because they're new and seeking for customers which is normal with every new company.

Smooth take off and landing is what I check and they have it so far spot on.

I like trying new things that's why I gave them a try and since then is been them or nothing.

At times if people give you iPhone or Samsung reviews you'll think they're trash phones.

6 Likes

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Charlex23(m): 7:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
Odaveboy:

From the look of things,they fly once a day( per route) I guess...... Here in akure,they fly only in the evening...
You are right. They fly once a day from Lagos to Enugu, Owerri, Benin,Port Harcourt,Akure and ilorin.
But they fly thrice from Lagos to Abuja, due to the high passenger traffic on Lag- Abj route

1 Like

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by namo77: 7:13pm On Jul 04, 2022
Nice work.

So did you experience flight delays?

Did the flight leave at the time it was supposed to?

This is a key information we need o..

1 Like

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by geewean(m): 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2022
Akure should have a better airport than this secondary school settings na. Even Ebonyi will sion have a more standard airport than ondo.

So it's Lagos that's making the south west region shine. The governor's should sit and do real governance

1 Like

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by obowunmi(m): 7:16pm On Jul 04, 2022
Akure Airport is the third busiest airport in Nigeria after LAgos and Abuja.
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by skytreader(m): 7:21pm On Jul 04, 2022
These folks closed the check-in counter before time and we had to sprint through the airport. Barely made it. Thank goodness we'd checked in online.

Bbsharon:
Have you had any flight experience with Green Africa Airways before or plan to soon?

Or have you been to the Akure Airport before? What was your experience like ? kindly share. Thank you!!

You can also read up this post in my blog @
https://www.travelwithdemmy.com/2022/07/flying-green-africa-airways-for-first.html
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Revolva(m): 7:23pm On Jul 04, 2022
I suspect this is a P.R stunt , see the airport self ...imagine is dis an airport
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Isobug: 7:28pm On Jul 04, 2022
Very Cheap Airline but their Airplanes are very Slow. Dana Airlines complete Lagos to Enugu by 50mins but Green Africa will use 1h 40mins to do same route. I don't know if it's from their Aircrafts or their Pilots.
I have boarded it countless times because their bookings are always available even 2 hours to Departure unlike other Airlines that you can't even get a booking a day before departure apart from Business class

Modified
On a good side, I forgot to add that their Landing is as smooth as lying on the bed compared to those mechanical landings of other Airlines and their Pilots and hostesses are very communicative and cordial but no snacks after flight maybe because of the Ticket price which is justified.

1 Like

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by TheGiftedOne(m): 7:50pm On Jul 04, 2022
JohnQueen:
This comment cheesy

The comment off me.
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by TheGiftedOne(m): 7:51pm On Jul 04, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Lol

I've been laughing like a lunatic. grin grin grin
Wetyn I no go see for NL
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by victorsola: 7:53pm On Jul 04, 2022
Bbsharon:

Really? But it looks like construction is going on there
no it’s not new
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by JesusIsAMuslim: 8:02pm On Jul 04, 2022
Rude in-flight crew. Not surprised one bit as that is the common practice in Nigeria.
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Pumice2040(m): 8:05pm On Jul 04, 2022
;���
VeryWickedMan:
Lol

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 8:16pm On Jul 04, 2022
victorsola:
no it’s not new
Interesting!!
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 8:19pm On Jul 04, 2022
skytreader:
These folks closed the check-in counter before time and we had to sprint through the airport. Barely made it. Thank goodness we'd checked in online.

That’s the advantage of online check in
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 8:20pm On Jul 04, 2022
brightalo1010:

I've been using green Africa since this year and they're the best.

I asked them about the snack they said it is in the charges and as you can see they're actually the cheapest when it comes to domestic price.

There landing has been smooth and no delay in taking off.

Talking about airports, you need to see Ilorin airport first before complaining about Akure own Lol.

Ilorin airport only have flight going to either Abuja or Lagos. So I have to fly to Lagos first before going to owerri

I'm using them from owerri to Lagos. 12.30

So they charge for the snacks separately grin Guess Ilorin, Ibadan and Akure Airport are all about the same then!!

1 Like

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by pacespot(m): 8:47pm On Jul 04, 2022
Have they increased their fleet from the 3
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by pacespot(m): 8:47pm On Jul 04, 2022
Have they increased their fleet from the 3
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Sammyfabulous: 9:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
Better airline but only issue I have with them is that they've never given me any snack just bottle water and that's it. Took Green Africa a couple of times this year with the most recent from lagos to abuja for 55,000 ( I booked a night before and my flight was 7pm the next day) and 4 days after abuja to akure for 44,500. Landing is pretty good and never experienced any rescheduled flights(maybe I've been lucky)

1 Like

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by ozo13(m): 9:23pm On Jul 04, 2022
Bbsharon:

About 70
thanks.nice one
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by mrcrabs(m): 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Lol

grin grin grin I Don Laff tire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Suspected Ritualist Causes Serious Accident Driving One Way (Video) / Opebi Lagos Helicopter Crash: Buhari, Sanwo-Olu, Tinubu Condole With Families / Man's Car Crashes Into A Range Rover, He Survives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.