Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport (45678 Views)

Growth In Passengers’ Traffic Excites Akure Airport Manager / Cows On Akure Airport Runway: FAAN Apologises / Cows At Akure Airport Prevent Air Peace From Landing. Fayose, FFK React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by JohnQueen(m): 9:52pm On Jul 04, 2022
Una get bad mouth I swear grin

foreshore:

Why Akure Airport come resemble Police Station like this

2 Likes

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Pacesetter123(m): 10:25pm On Jul 04, 2022
So Akure airport is just one bedroom flat?
Pls don't allow an outsider coming to Nigeria for the first time to see this.
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by brightalo1010: 10:38pm On Jul 04, 2022
Bbsharon:

So they charge for the snacks separately grin Guess Ilorin, Ibadan and Akure Airport are all about the same then!!

The cheap flight price means serving snacks will be hard,

At times peace air will be 60k and green Africa will be 48k, how much snack is peace going to serve? I prefer the cheap price to snacks abeg.

I've only been to Ilorin motor park abi Airport.

1 Like

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by BAZ001: 11:13pm On Jul 04, 2022
IFEBARBIE:

I'm fine bro... How's the hustle? Trust you're japaing soon too. Bendel insurance baz001 how Yankee?

Bro our abroad uncle say Na Canada I dey and not Yankee grin, no give am bendel insurance please grin
Thanks Baba how your side ?

YeyeGbami, no give up bro, 3weeks before I moved I needed 3m after all I’ve spent and I thought I could use some properties as collateral for where?
No way...
People wanted to rip me cos they knew I was desperate.
I was selling stuffs online... dem carry am come mock me for here grin
3M scarce like Gold... at some point I was blank no way forward, but an Angel bailed me out and I paid back first 3months here.
Nutshell no give up... grace different ( I got job before I left Lagos, some people stay 6/9months before they get good job).
Sell what you have to sell... you will make x3 in 6months cos you are not a lazy man

2 Likes

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by AlphaTaikun: 6:00am On Jul 05, 2022
Bbsharon:
The Green Africa Airways is a new Airline in Nigeria established in 2015 but started operation 12th August, 2021 with their first flight touching down at the Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport Abuja.

I got my boarding pass from the check in counter at the airport, went over to the boarding gate, got through the security and Airport protocols and waited to get on the aircraft. Boarding was called over the speaker and I went over to the airplane, got in, and settled down.

Take off was actually smooth for me and the air hostess were very courteous and attended to their duties accordingly. In-flight, water was served and the journey went on smoothly but there was no off-flight snacks served which I was actually looking forward to angry

Upon landing, I braced up my mind for the usual dump kind of landing most Nigerian Airlines do but that was not the case here as landing at the Akure airport was quite a good one and smooth to a good extent.

One more thing I would like to add is when booking with Green Africa Airways always understand the terms and conditions associated with your ticket and restriction placed upon such ticket. Like for the gsaver which is the cheapest ticket type, you can’t carry more than a 7kg hand luggage and anything more than that you will be charged for extra luggage. While the other ticket options allow you carry as much as it’s allowed on the ticket terms and condition. So, don’t get carried away by the cheaper ticket price you see when you search compared to other Airlines. kindly read through the details before checking out to confirm your bookings.
@BBsharon,

That's another insightful review from you!smiley I love airline reviews.
I visited this thread when it was still on page one yesterday and just liked and shared the video and
posts you made with the intent to make my comments later...

Boom! I logged back into NL and your newsworthy review is on the NL front page!

So, 'Dami, have you ever flown into Akure Airport before now and what airline did you use?

Second, did you know that the
ATR series aircraft is one of the planes that is used as an ISR (Intelligence Surveilance &
Reconnaisance) platform in the
Nigerian Airforce and they are flown into the battlefields by
female Nigerian Airforce pilots?
The ATR is a very rugged plane for commercial and military use.

Ciao.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by foreshore(m): 6:08am On Jul 05, 2022
JohnQueen:
Una get bad mouth I swear grin

But na true nah bro. Check out the bungalow building
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by prickursense: 8:35am On Jul 05, 2022
Nothing really special on this route except for the fact that the ticket can be very expensive on the day of the flight. Once paid #105k for a seat., At another time #37 k when booked in advance. Overall, the popularity of the route is growing fast.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Dproperties: 9:52am On Jul 05, 2022
Bbsharon:

They do

I just checked I noticed they don't have my Routes

Abuja to Porthacourt
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Giorgia: 11:08am On Jul 05, 2022
Thats why I always fly ibom air, the snacks :')
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by chris81964(m): 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2022
Bbsharon:
Traveling in Nigeria can be a hassle at times and picking the best Airline or even knowing the best airline service to use for your trip can be a difficult task.

But not in a case of unpopular route like the Lagos to Akure return trips where you have just three Airlines flying the route, then you have no option than to consider your options well and just opt for any of them.

Here is a video I made on my YouTube channel about my flight experience and a review of the Akure Airport...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5aF9KWRK-Y
It was more competitive when they started. Now there is not that much difference in price between them and the carriers with bigger planes. I have been flying them since last year and whatever advantage they used to have is gone. I took them to Owerri and flew back via Dana through Port Harcourt. We had 23kg luggage allowance on Dana that we did not have with GreenAfrica.
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by showafrica(m): 12:54pm On Jul 05, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Lol
See low budget plane with the fans exposed like a Rambo-era helicopter.

Cheap flight, cheap death

That kind of plane is used for survey and search parties. I don't think it's a passenger plane, God save his people we no Wan hear stories oo
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Oiza131(f): 12:57pm On Jul 05, 2022
IFEBARBIE:
I'm also considering flying green Africa to Phc from Los, I'm an airpeace fan but was told this is cheaper but slower. Reviews are negative, especially inconsistent boarding times. Yeyegbami, do you have any contact in pH?

I've flown with them about 3times. I wouldn't even allow my enemy use their airline again. My first two flights were delayed. First was delayed for about 5hrs from Los to Abj. Second was rescheduled till the next day. They are about 15-30mins slower than airpeace. Cheap? Yes. But omo, when you need to catch up with something important, green airways no follow at all!... When you add your luggage money to the price, it's almost equivalent to airpeace. Better fly your airpeace jejely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 1:18pm On Jul 05, 2022
chris81964:

It was more competitive when they started. Now there is not that much difference in price between them and the carriers with bigger planes. I have been flying them since last year and whatever advantage they used to have is gone. I took them to Owerri and flew back via Dana through Port Harcourt. We had 23kg luggage allowance on Dana that we did not have with GreenAfrica.

I guess they are done with their catchy marketing then

1 Like

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 1:22pm On Jul 05, 2022
Dproperties:

I just checked I noticed they don't have my Routes

Abuja to Porthacourt

Oh yea, it’s Lagos to Portharcourt return

1 Like

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

@BBsharon,

That's another insightful review from you!smiley I love airline reviews.
I visited this thread when it was still on page one yesterday and just liked and shared the video and
posts you made with the intent to make my comments later...

Boom! I logged back into NL and your newsworthy review is on the NL front page!

So, Demi, have you ever flown into Akure Airport before now and what airline did you use?

Second, did you know that the
ATR series aircraft is one of the planes that is used as an ISR (Intelligence Surveilance &
Reconnaisance) platform in the
Nigerian Airforce and they are flown into the battlefields by
female Nigerian Airforce pilots?
The ATR is a very rugged plane for commercial and military use.

Ciao.

Thanks for the comment and compliment. No, it was my first time flying to Akure Airport then, reasons for my Airport Review also.
The Airforce plane information is very interesting, thanks for the knowledge shared.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2022
brightalo1010:

The cheap flight price means serving snacks will be hard,

At times peace air will be 60k and green Africa will be 48k, how much snack is peace going to serve? I prefer the cheap price to snacks abeg.

I've only been to Ilorin motor park abi Airport.
Motor park indeed
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Godswings(m): 7:16pm On Jul 05, 2022
Bbsharon:
The Green Africa Airways is a new Airline in Nigeria established in 2015 but started operation 12th August, 2021 with their first flight touching down at the Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport Abuja.

Any idea on how friendly their terms and conditions are favourable to PwDs – Most especially wheelchair users?

1 Like

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by AlphaTaikun: 5:38am On Jul 06, 2022
Bbsharon:

Thanks for the comment and compliment. No, it was my first time flying to Akure Airport then, reasons for my Airport Review also.

The Airforce plane information is very interesting, thanks for the knowledge shared.
Okay 'Dami, you're welcome... Anytime. smiley

Happy Travels, and Stay Safe.

Cheerio. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 11:08pm On Jul 07, 2022
Godswings:

Any idea on how friendly their terms and conditions are favourable to PwDs – Most especially wheelchair users?

I'm sorry i have no idea about that
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Mezzy12: 10:45pm On Dec 08, 2023
If your life is precious to you, do not enter this airline. Very unsafe, unorganized, and guileful employees. I decided to fly with this airline because Air Peace messed up my departure time. Meanwhile, if I hadn't gotten another alternative, I would have missed my international flight at 10 pm at night that day. Because of this, someone told me about Green Africa and the funny part was that they didn't have any big sign before their front desk that showcased a reputable airline. Also, when other airlines said they had closed for the day since it was already nighttime, only Green Africa agreed to take passengers. That's to show you how they are more interested in the money not in people's safety. I paid double what other airlines charged with Green Africa and they also overcharged my luggage. Their employees are very rude, liars and always find a way to exploit money from the passengers. Now on the trip, the aircraft wanted to crash twice on different occasions. At one point, it descended from an altitude of 20,000 ft to 10,000 ft speedily. Additionally, the turbulence experienced with this aircraft has been the worst ever, at one point, passengers started crying and praying to God for a safe landing. Unfortunately during all these terrible incidents, the pilot and flight attendants didn't say anything to calm the passengers. So, I will never recommend anyone to this Green Africa Airline.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Drone Picture Of Aba-owerri Road Showing How Neat Aba Has Become Recently / The Head Of Goat That Caused Accident In Anambra Was Cut Off (Photos) / Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.