Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Can I Sue My Employer For This?? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Sue My Employer For This?? (24839 Views)

Please Lawyers In The House, Can I Sue My Employer? / My Employer Is Shortchanging Me / Frustrated Employee Blasts His Employer For Always Messing With His “small” Sala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2022
fm7070:
Bro, leave that miserable company and move on. You are too good for this.
If you are in Lagos or can find yourself in Lagos. You can get a security job for 35k with some other benefits, and can progress with that.
Send me private chat if you are in Lagos.
Good luck.

Thanks and God bless sir
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 4:27pm On Jul 09, 2022
Calicoe:
Person wey dey go kponkpor even better pass u(no offence). 10k a month? Hmm, sorry to say this but you staying in that job for up to 5 months on that salary kinda tells me that you don't have force. By that I mean ur hustling spirit is very low. Guy u need to ginger ur grinding spirit. How can they tell u they will pay u 10k per month and u still went ahead to accept? That's what a construction site helper would make in 3 to 4 days. Unless u are not physically fit. If u know how to use a computer, I'll advise u to apply in betting shops. They are always in search of cashiers. If u are lucky to get one who would put you in the virtual department, then you will thank me later. This is coming from someone who almost took the security worker rout but ended up as a cashier for a bet9ja shop and now a proud owner of his own betting shop
great input well motivating
Many thanks

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 4:31pm On Jul 09, 2022
goldmatrix:
Learn a trade; go to school or startup little buy and sell
the above mentioned made me took that job sir
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 4:33pm On Jul 09, 2022
Ilekokonit:

Tell the factory owner the whole situation and also tell him you are resigning from the security company and ask if he wants to employ you directly. He will most probably say no because of the contractual terms he has with the security company.

If he says he can not employ you directly then you have no choice but to tell him you are leaving as you can not continue working full time without any salary as you have only been paid 4,000 Naira for 4 months work and before you leave, give the factory owner your personal phone number in case he needs your services later on (which is a possibility) and if he calls you then you can renegotiate a pay of 20,000 Naira (or possibly more) with him directly as you will then have the upper hand.

As for the security company, DO NOT work one day longer for them as they are worse than slave traders.
valuable information here, tnx

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 4:36pm On Jul 09, 2022
Dearlord:
Oh Lord!

People are heartless, someone one week of smoke is what a niggar is been deprived by a fellow niggar ?

OP, leave that enslaved unit asap
yes you're right Sir but no alternative
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 5:25pm On Jul 09, 2022
mastermaestro:

Oga keep quiet! You are being too noisy and evasive. Address the matter on ground instead judging the ill thoughts that were provoked by some devious employer. You must be a terrible employer yourself. This scenario really captures why most domestic staff conspire to harm their mean bosses.

Read up his ordeal again, and then return with a more sensible comment. What you wrote here is gibberish! sad
you're full of wisdom impartial
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2022
cle62000:
I will advice you to speak with factory owner your plight, if he can employ you or something.
But instead of working for 10k a month why not set up an indomie stand in a busy street, junction or market area, remove shame for eye, with this you are sure of atleast 3 to 5k daily yet you will be your own Boss
Thanks
I conceive similar idea. To make it viable is what led me to take that job in the first place. You know one must source for capital to achieve that
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 5:41pm On Jul 09, 2022
od501:

I still wonder how people owe such petty amounts.
wickedness, i swear as if they are not humans.
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 6:06pm On Jul 09, 2022
ritux:
Talk to the factory owners or management. I work in an organisation where we outsource the security, maintenance and janitorial staff whom are under my supervision. The contractors dare not owe the worker’s salary beyond the last day of the month. Otherwise, that is the end of the contract. I will terminate them and migrate the staff to the incoming companies based on right of first refusal.
you are doing a great job sir n that's how it's suppose to be. May God continue to uplift you n your company
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 6:09pm On Jul 09, 2022
Okpetruth:
@Dhaji2, Your words are so unfriendly. What do you mean by qualifications? Does this really count in our country Nigeria?. My friend, worst things are happening!!!.
wise man God bless
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2022
GloriousGbola:

welcome to the world of third party contract

there is not much you can do, as this is a one man business and the 'security company' is owned by the same factory owner or a close paddy of his

unless you can get a human rights femi falana type crusader who will do this pro bono, you will just waste your money
you will also waste your time as the nigerian legal system is as slow as molasses with adjournment adjournment adjournment

i wish you the best but you may just have to swallow the L

be very very careful - i dont know how a federal commission will be using a gmail address

this is their website

https://pcc.gov.ng/

that is their contact

https://pcc.gov.ng/contact-us/

their contacts are right there

info@pcc.gov.ng,
complaint@pcc.gov.ng

the poster awezoom1 is your typical predatory nigerian scammer who will take your pain and dial it up to 10

hopefully spembutt does not handle this post
tnx for your wonderful input. Well, you are right, I met the factory owner n this is exactly what he told me that he knew the founder of our security company more 27yrs
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 6:23pm On Jul 09, 2022
PrinceGallant:
You are your first enemy. You need to fight yourself to break through off your self-bondage. You sue yourself before you sue your second enemy. You lack respect for yourself thereby you settle for low. I don't think there is a way out for you in that job, and for you to survive, you will be begging people for money, eat others people right etc.

Even if it is POS business, you are employer of yourself. You can set up a kindergarten school, (jeleosinmi), you can be selling small wares. You can do many things better than that poor salary job.

Think, think and work legitimately. I wish you best
oga one can't start any of the above mentioned businesses without...
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 6:27pm On Jul 09, 2022
twinskenny:

i have been there before bro.. try and pick yourself up and learn a trade
thanks for these words of encouragement
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 6:31pm On Jul 09, 2022
advanceDNA:
There was a thread where someone was speakimg about exploitation the other days...
but some pple just dey form businessman on the thread, justifying wickedness with cost of running business....we just like exploiting ourselves in nigeria becos there's no tight regulatinn from the government....

10k per month....
It is sad
absolute truth
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 6:36pm On Jul 09, 2022
excess4luv:
There is a serious problem in our society today especially with our youths.

From this write-up, it is clear you don't feed yourself, don't pay rent nor pay any bills at all, you just want to work and earn money, for what exactly. You could also be between the ages of 17-22years. The best you should be doing for yourself now is learning a skill.

Let me also assume ASUU strike kept you at home, why don't you get a skill. There is no skill that will not pay you a minimum of 1k for any service delivered.

How long will you earn 10k and what will 10k do for you in this economy.

I've my plan sir, I'm determined.
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2022
sofiscatedmoron:
Things hard o, go start business,u go dey see 10k per week or per day
oga one can't start a business without capital. Hence the reason I took the wen I gather sth then I'll quit
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by segaloo(f): 3:20pm On Jul 16, 2022
post=114420062:
Good

chai! This life no balance at all. Imagine!
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by segaloo(f): 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2022
ost=114420062:
Good day

touching
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by AndroidAI(m): 5:43pm On Jul 16, 2022
post=114453650:

Out of $20 salary per month,
They ended up giving you $12!!

This is the height of it.
Lord save Nigeria.

People are working tirelessly to earn $20 a month, and I just ordered a dilldo worth $59 cry
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by segaloo(f): 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2022
AndroidAI:

People are working tirelessly to earn $20 a month, and I just ordered a dilldo worth $59 cry
such is life
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Dheji2(m): 5:27pm On Jul 17, 2022
LordErrk:

There really should be an age or mental test of some kind, before people start commenting on this platform.
Can't you advice people without insults?

Why not go to a mental clinic for examinations? Do it before you enter the street naked shocked
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Mikedgr8(m): 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2022
This is serious, come to Lagos bro
There are security jobs that pays handsomely and if you’re lucky, you get to see tips daily.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 8:34am On Jul 20, 2022
Mikedgr8:
This is serious, come to Lagos bro
There are security jobs that pays handsomely and if you’re lucky, you get to see tips daily.
thanks so much sir but I'm a student that's y

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by papiilo(m): 3:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
post=114572930:
I conceive similar idea. To make it viable was the reason that led me to take that job in the first place. You know one must source for capital to achieve that
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 4:22pm On Mar 14, 2023
Escobar7:
Where is your location?
u fit help am sir?
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 9:31am On Nov 20, 2023
yunus22:
Good day ladies and gentlemen

I was employed as a security guard at a leather factory through a private security company 4months ago but this company never pays me as they said the factory owner did not pay them . But recently I learnt that the factory owner had been paying them.

I went to the office on Friday to confront them about the issue n also told them I will resign. They asked me to wait till today Monday so they'll forward my issue to their head office to get sorted out.

So I went to the office today, they told me I'll only get one month salary today till when they finally sorted it out then they'll pay me the remaining 3months at the same time.

I said, okay no problem. but the thing that pains me so much is that these heartless entities deducted 6k out of 10k salary n left me took home only 4k. They deducted Five thousand naira for uniform which were never given to us n one thousand naira for audio application form fee respectively.

Another thing that I discovered is that the factory owner pay my company 20k but they'll pay me 10k. but one thing that always motivated me is that the factory owner usually buys me food n drinks, sometimes even tips me 500 naira. So I feel like I was just saving my salary I'll cash out later whenever they paid me but it end up in tears, anger n gnashing of teeth.

Ladies and gentlemen I want your candid advice on how to go about this issue please. Should I go ahead and sue them to pay me my remaining salary or ask the factory owner to avoid the company n pays me directly since he
likes me?

such is life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Edukoya Sacks Most Of Its Employees / Radio Bayelsa GM Flogs Four Officials / Finance And Economics, Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.