Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Can I Sue My Employer For This?? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Sue My Employer For This?? (24871 Views)

Please Lawyers In The House, Can I Sue My Employer? / My Employer Is Shortchanging Me / Frustrated Employee Blasts His Employer For Always Messing With His “small” Sala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Princelyon247(m): 2:43am On Jul 06, 2022
AllBlack:
People get mind oh.
na 50k for 5 months salary dem no fit give you in a second. money wey the same managers dey use buy take-away for dem babes.
wahala ooo
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Princelyon247(m): 2:45am On Jul 06, 2022
Bro get another

Infact what's your location ?
Lemme see what I can do

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by cooooooks(m): 4:59am On Jul 06, 2022
That's why justice is not fair or equal.

We Nigerians need to find a way to subsidize important, even small scale lawsuits.

Klass99:
They don't pay you reliably, as and when due, which money do you now want to use to sue? Pls look for something new and better.
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 5:21am On Jul 06, 2022
Princelyon247:
Bro get another

Lemme see what I can do
G
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 5:56am On Jul 06, 2022
chukzyfcbb:
How do people work for months without salary?

Like what fuels you, what drives you to keep going?

I understand giving your employer one month to sort things out, but then you work for month 2,3 and even 4

Burning spare cash that you don't have on transport and feeding at work all in faith that they will have pity on you.

Omo, Una dey try sha
oga what drives me to keep going is that I don't buy food or pay for transport is just a 40mins trek from my home to the factory. Also my plan is to work there for 1yr n use the money to start a passport business in sch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Calicoe: 6:21am On Jul 06, 2022
Person wey dey go kponkpor even better pass u(no offence). 10k a month? Hmm, sorry to say this but you staying in that job for up to 5 months on that salary kinda tells me that you don't have force. By that I mean ur hustling spirit is very low. Guy u need to ginger ur grinding spirit. How can they tell u they will pay u 10k per month and u still went ahead to accept? That's what a construction site helper would make in 3 to 4 days. Unless u are not physically fit. If u know how to use a computer, I'll advise u to apply in betting shops. They are always in search of cashiers. If u are lucky to get one who would put you in the virtual department, then you will thank me later. This is coming from someone who almost took the security worker rout but ended up as a cashier for a bet9ja shop and now a proud owner of his own betting shop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by altteemy: 6:35am On Jul 06, 2022
yunus22: ....

I returned home dejected, despair n feeling defeated with so many things running on my head. It's really paining me right now feeling like to go n burn their office n kill them all or arrange to kidnap them.

I find the bolded disturbing of you considering it and even writing it out on the online space. Two wrongs don't make a right and you will never be justified that way.

Ask a lawyer friend if you face no exposure if you disengage from the job agency and link directly to the factory directly.

Wishing you well - Teemy
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Escobar7(m): 6:46am On Jul 06, 2022
yunus22:
Good day ladies and gentlemen

I was employed as a security guard at a leather factory through a private security company 4months ago but this company never pays me as they said the factory owner did not pay them . But recently I learnt that the factory owner had been paying them.

I went to the office on Friday to confront them about the issue n also told them I will resign. They asked me to wait till today Monday so they'll forward my issue to their head office to get sorted out.

So I went to the office today, they told me I'll only get one month salary today till when they finally sorted it out then they'll pay me the remaining 3months at the same time.

I said, okay no problem. but the thing that pains me so much is that these heartless entities deducted 6k out of 10k salary n left me took home only 4k. They deducted Five thousand naira for uniform which were never given to us n one thousand naira for audio application form fee respectively.

I returned home dejected, despair n feeling defeated with so many things running on my head. It's really paining me right now feeling like to go n burn their office n kill them all or arrange to kidnap them.

Another thing that I discovered is that the factory owner pay my company 20k but they'll pay me 10k. but one thing that always motivated me is that the factory owner usually buys me food n drinks, sometimes even tips me 500 naira. So I feel like I was just saving my salary I'll cash out later whenever they paid me but it end up in tears, anger n gnashing of teeth.

Ladies and gentlemen I want your candid advice on how to go about this issue please. Should I go ahead and sue them to pay me my remaining salary or ask the factory owner to avoid the company n pays me directly since he
likes me?

Where is your location?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by everythinggirly(f): 7:35am On Jul 06, 2022
Haba! The pay is too poor. But I'll advise you to continue doing job until you've seen another good paying job or better still, apply as a cleaner there or other available position. God will see you through.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by chukzyfcbb: 8:04am On Jul 06, 2022
yunus22:
oga what drives me to keep going is that I don't buy food or pay for transport is just a 40mins trek from my home to the factory. Also my plan is to work there for 1yr n use the money to start a passport business in sch

Yea but you worked for the first month, second month and no money was forth coming yet you stayed there for another two month and kept going to work.

Four frigging whole month, shey na charity work abi you be father Christmas?. Don't ever repeat this act in your next job otherwise you will constantly be taken advantage of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by robo16(m): 9:03am On Jul 06, 2022
The best thing to do is to talk to the factory owner what happen. Tell him u will love to work with him personal, you don't want to work with ur company. He will only ask u to bring someone that will stand on ur behalf
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by fm7070: 9:53am On Jul 06, 2022
Bro, leave that miserable company and move on. You are too good for this.
If you are in Lagos or can find yourself in Lagos. You can get a security job for 35k with some other benefits, and can progress with that.
Send me private chat if you are in Lagos.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Lovelive: 10:30am On Jul 06, 2022
Wao, I love this your submission/advice.

More grace... More wisdom...

I remain Obidient.

cayorday89:

Speak with the owner directly, but don't tell him full reasons except you have not been paid for all the months you worked so far, then quit from the security company, just tell him you will be okay to work for him directly in the company even if na cleaner for the main time, the pay could be higher and promptly paid.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by freakz(m): 11:28am On Jul 06, 2022
have you not heard of pro bono ?
Klass99:
They don't pay you reliably, as and when due, which money do you now want to use to sue? Pls look for something new and better.
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Makowonda: 11:47am On Jul 06, 2022
Na wa O!With all this english wey you sabi na 10k security job you choose?Risking your life securing a place in a country filled with unknown gunmen for 10k salary?Abi inflation no reach the compound wey you de live?
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by FORWARDEVERLY: 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
10k Job..

I don't blame them.. I blame you that accepted to work for such amount.. even if na Gala you dey sell for traffic.. you go make pass that amount in a month..
Na you do yourself ..
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Ilekokonit: 11:02pm On Jul 06, 2022
yunus22:
Also my plan is to work there for 1yr n use the money to start a passport business in sch

God bless your hustle. I'm happy when I see young Nigerians who want to earn a honest wage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by LIVEGOESON1: 8:40pm On Jul 07, 2022
yunus22:
I really appreciate sir but am in Gombe
bro ur place far o no be here. Honestly i don't have my own personal place of living i for say make u come. All the best God go help u

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by BluntCrazeMan: 4:34am On Jul 08, 2022
yunus22:
Good day ladies and gentlemen

I was employed as a security guard at a leather factory through a private security company 4months ago but this company never pays me as they said the factory owner did not pay them . But recently I learnt that the factory owner had been paying them.

I went to the office on Friday to confront them about the issue n also told them I will resign. They asked me to wait till today Monday so they'll forward my issue to their head office to get sorted out.

So I went to the office today, they told me I'll only get one month salary today till when they finally sorted it out then they'll pay me the remaining 3months at the same time.

I said, okay no problem. but the thing that pains me so much is that these heartless entities deducted 6k out of 10k salary n left me took home only 4k. They deducted Five thousand naira for uniform which were never given to us n one thousand naira for audio application form fee respectively.

Another thing that I discovered is that the factory owner pay my company 20k but they'll pay me 10k. but one thing that always motivated me is that the factory owner usually buys me food n drinks, sometimes even tips me 500 naira. So I feel like I was just saving my salary I'll cash out later whenever they paid me but it end up in tears, anger n gnashing of teeth.

Ladies and gentlemen I want your candid advice on how to go about this issue please. Should I go ahead and sue them to pay me my remaining salary or ask the factory owner to avoid the company n pays me directly since he
likes me?

You mean “Ten Thousand Naira”??
Or N100k.??
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 2:52pm On Jul 09, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
You mean “Ten Thousand Naira”??
Or N100k.??
ten thousand naira sir
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 2:59pm On Jul 09, 2022
LIVEGOESON1:
bro ur place far o no be here. Honestly i don't have my own personal place of living i for say make u come. All the best God go help u
of course am far away sir, thanks for the concern. I am very delighted for your kind gesture. Amen

Stay blessed!
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 3:01pm On Jul 09, 2022
Ilekokonit:

God bless your hustle. I'm happy when I see young Nigerians who want to earn a honest wage.
Amen amen thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 3:17pm On Jul 09, 2022
FORWARDEVERLY:
10k Job..

I don't blame them.. I blame you that accepted to work for such amount.. even if na Gala you dey sell for traffic.. you go make pass that amount in a month..
Na you do yourself ..
Honestly sir i have a big plan on my head and I'm determined. You oughtn't to blame me for this sir if you could have read all my posts n responses..
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by FORWARDEVERLY: 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2022
yunus22:
Honestly sir i have a big plan on my head and am very determined. You oughtn't to blame me for this sir if you could have read all my posts n responses..

It is well Bro..
Pls quit that job and go hunt for another..
God would make a way.. be steadfast bro..
Cheers.
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 3:28pm On Jul 09, 2022
Makowonda:
Na wa O!With all this english wey you sabi na 10k security job you choose?Risking your life securing a place in a country filled with unknown gunmen for 10k salary?Abi inflation no reach the compound wey you de live?
better than nothing sir. also, i'm not doing it for life, I have a plan.
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 3:34pm On Jul 09, 2022
FORWARDEVERLY:

It is well Bro..
Cheers.
you should know that finding a job is very difficult esp at this time. Although, I'm not longer
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 3:39pm On Jul 09, 2022
FORWARDEVERLY:

It is well Bro..
Cheers.
you should know that finding a job is very difficult esp at this time.my plan is to gather little capital to start a business.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 3:41pm On Jul 09, 2022
chukzyfcbb:

Yea but you worked for the first month, second month and no money was forth coming yet you stayed there for another two month and kept going to work.

Four frigging whole month, shey na charity work abi you be father Christmas?. Don't ever repeat this act in your next job otherwise you will constantly be taken advantage of.

okay thanks
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 3:44pm On Jul 09, 2022
everythinggirly:
Haba! The pay is too poor. But I'll advise you to continue doing job until you've seen another good paying job or better still, apply as a cleaner there or other available position. God will see you through.
of course you're right sister many thanks for this
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 3:47pm On Jul 09, 2022
Escobar7:
Where is your location?
G
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 3:50pm On Jul 09, 2022
altteemy:

I find the bolded disturbing of you considering it and even writing it out on the online space. Two wrongs don't make a right and you will never be justified that way.

Ask a lawyer friend if you face no exposure if you disengage from the job agency and link directly to the factory directly.

Wishing you well - Teemy
okay thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 4:10pm On Jul 09, 2022
Princelyon247:
Bro get another

Lemme see what I can do
Gombe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Finance And Economics, Which Is Better? / Radio Bayelsa GM Flogs Four Officials / My Encounter With A Teacher Turned Bricklayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.