Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Can I Sue My Employer For This?? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Sue My Employer For This?? (24864 Views)

Please Lawyers In The House, Can I Sue My Employer? / My Employer Is Shortchanging Me / Frustrated Employee Blasts His Employer For Always Messing With His “small” Sala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by DantataIsMyGuy: 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2022
smile11s:

it is well.

https://gist.am/question/can-i-sue-my-former-employer-for-3-months-unpaid-salary

Lol, what the heck? I'm seeing the same post and almost the same comments there
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by mastermaestro(m): 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2022
Commissionguru:

Your mind is filled with negative thoughts. Please purge your mind of these negativities and return to Christ. Staging a kidnap or killing a soul is demonic. What do you stand to gain from it? If only you can sit your ass down, you don't have to work for anyone to enjoy life. You can earn money online just by using Google or doing some menial tasks online rather than give in to the negative thoughts.

What do you stand to gain from your purpoted stage-kidnap, arson or killing souls just because you are been paid a meagre salary. Oga! Sit down and use your brain. There are more positive things you can achieve deeply if only you can use your brain wisely.

Oga keep quiet! You are being too noisy and evasive. Address the matter on ground instead judging the ill thoughts that were provoked by some devious employer. You must be a terrible employer yourself. This scenario really captures why most domestic staff conspire to harm their mean bosses.

Read up his ordeal again, and then return with a more sensible comment. What you wrote here is gibberish! sad

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Darkgini: 8:51pm On Jul 05, 2022
Where are you resident?

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Dada4me: 8:55pm On Jul 05, 2022
If you can speak fluently as you've written, please find a better job in the company without recourse to the security outfit.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by kelmicheal: 8:57pm On Jul 05, 2022
Everything depends on the agreement you made with your employer which includes monthly salaries etc.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Kola1010: 8:57pm On Jul 05, 2022
Which state are you? I would advise you go to any radio station and report them.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by cle62000(m): 9:08pm On Jul 05, 2022
I will advice you to speak with factory owner your plight, if he can employ you or something.
But instead of working for 10k a month why not set up an indomie stand in a busy street, junction or market area, remove shame for eye, with this you are sure of atleast 3 to 5k daily yet you will be your own Boss
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by VMuna: 9:11pm On Jul 05, 2022
yunus22:
Good day ladies and gentlemen

I was employed as a security guard at a leather factory through a private security company 4months ago but this company never pays me as they said the factory owner did not pay them . But recently I learnt that the factory owner had been paying them.

but one thing that always motivated me is that the factory owner usually buys me food n drinks, sometimes even tips me 500 naira. So I feel like I was just saving my salary I'll cash out later whenever they paid me but it end up in tears, anger n gnashing of teeth.

Ladies and gentlemen I want your candid advice on how to go about this issue please. Should I go ahead and sue them to pay me my remaining salary or ask the factory owner to avoid the company n pays me directly since he
likes me?

Yunusa, who did you vote for in the last elections?

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 9:13pm On Jul 05, 2022
SmartyPants:

You speak well. Why are you doing security work? Is there a plan to move on to something better soon?
Of course, my plan is to gather sth n set up one minute passport stand at my school campus n gradually metamorphose it to business centre

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 9:16pm On Jul 05, 2022
Zubydeangelo:
Meet the factory owner & explain everything to him & ask him if he can employ you directly so you can resign from that modern-day-slavery company.
I think I'll explain to him tomorrow
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 9:20pm On Jul 05, 2022
Oxala:

Litigation costs money. And the factory owner wont like to engage you direct because you can leave at any time

But if you can convince him to cut outthe company and employ you himself, then forget the money and move on
I think I can convince him

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by smile11s(m): 9:22pm On Jul 05, 2022
DantataIsMyGuy:

Lol, what the heck? I'm seeing the same post and almost the same comments there

Technology. AI & ML at work.

My insider source just told me Amaechi is about to defect to LP
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by grafixdon: 9:23pm On Jul 05, 2022
10k salary? I don't get it. Do you eat at all because 10k can't feed you throughout 25 days
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
GloriousGbola:

welcome to the world of third party contract

there is not much you can do, as this is a one man business and the 'security company' is owned by the same factory owner or a close paddy of his

unless you can get a human rights femi falana type crusader who will do this pro bono, you will just waste your money
you will also waste your time as the nigerian legal system is as slow as molasses with adjournment adjournment adjournment

i wish you the best but you may just have to swallow the L

be very very careful - i dont know how a federal commission will be using a gmail address

this is their website

https://pcc.gov.ng/

that is their contact

https://pcc.gov.ng/contact-us/

their contacts are right there

info@pcc.gov.ng,
complaint@pcc.gov.ng

the poster awezoom1 is your typical predatory nigerian scammer who will take your pain and dial it up to 10

hopefully spembutt does not handle this post
this is exactly what I want , to get human rights lawyer that can help me get my salary at once
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by SmartyPants(m): 9:25pm On Jul 05, 2022
yunus22:
Of course, my plan is to gather sth n set up one minute passport stand at my school campus n gradually metamorphose it to business centre

Pardon my curiosity - how much will you save from your current work to do this?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by frozen70(f): 9:27pm On Jul 05, 2022
yunus22:

I was employed as a security guard at a leather factory through a private security company 4months ago but this company never pays me as they said the factory owner did not pay them . But recently I learnt that the factory owner had been paying them.

I went to the office on Friday to confront them about the issue n also told them I will resign. They asked me to wait till today Monday so they'll forward my issue to their head office to get sorted out.

So I went to the office today, they told me I'll only get one month salary today till when they finally sorted it out then they'll pay me the remaining 3months at the same time.

I said, okay no problem. but the thing that pains me so much is that these heartless entities deducted 6k out of 10k salary n left me took home only 4k. They deducted Five thousand naira for uniform which were never given to us n one thousand naira for audio application form fee respectively.

I returned home dejected, despair n feeling defeated with so many things running on my head. It's really paining me right now feeling like to go n burn their office n kill them all or arrange to kidnap them.

Another thing that I discovered is that the factory owner pay my company 20k but they'll pay me 10k. but one thing that always motivated me is that the factory owner usually buys me food n drinks, sometimes even tips me 500 naira. So I feel like I was just saving my salary I'll cash out later whenever they paid me but it end up in tears, anger n gnashing of teeth.

Ladies and gentlemen I want your candid advice on how to go about this issue please. Should I go ahead and sue them to pay me my remaining salary or ask the factory owner to avoid the company n pays me directly since he
likes me?

My dear brother, you just got an experience, though a bitter one, just forget it and report them to God

That's all

But you can go to the factory HRM and see if they can employ you directly, may be you should talk to them

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by od501: 9:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
yunus22:

I went to the office on Friday to confront them about the issue n also told them I will resign. They asked me to wait till today Monday so they'll forward my issue to their head office to get sorted out.

So I went to the office today, they told me I'll only get one month salary today till when they finally sorted it out then they'll pay me the remaining 3months at the same time.

I said, okay no problem. but the thing that pains me so much is that these heartless entities deducted 6k out of 10k salary n left me took home only 4k. They deducted Five thousand naira for uniform which were never given to us n one thousand naira for audio application form fee respectively.

I returned home dejected, despair n feeling defeated with so many things running on my head. It's really paining me right now feeling like to go n burn their office n kill them all or arrange to kidnap them.

Another thing that I discovered is that the factory owner pay my company 20k but they'll pay me 10k. but one thing that always motivated me is that the factory owner usually buys me food n drinks, sometimes even tips me 500 naira. So I feel like I was just saving my salary I'll cash out later whenever they paid me but it end up in tears, anger n gnashing of teeth.

likes me?

I still wonder how people owe such petty amounts.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by od501: 9:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
yunus22:

likes me?

I still wonder how people owe such petty amounts in salaries.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by toprealman: 9:33pm On Jul 05, 2022
yunus22:

likes me?

See if you can get a job with the company directly. The company you work for are slave traders.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by whytediamond(m): 9:33pm On Jul 05, 2022
Dheji2:
Your grammar is too smooth to be this stupid.

What's your academic qualification?
Do you have a criminal record preventing you from applying for a better job?

For someone who writes like this, I think you can get something better to do.

Unless your post is just to catch a cruise with the audience. Who knows?

You just echoed my sentiments. Dude is too educated to be doing that job.

He writes so well, I feel this story is just to generate traffic.

Which one be 10k salary?
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 9:40pm On Jul 05, 2022
VMuna:

Yunusa, who did you vote for in the last elections?
nobody
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 9:45pm On Jul 05, 2022
iph0neb0t:

This is the true meaning of our govt has failed us
we have labor ministry or labor congress or whatever that should manage these kind of problems
court too far na , when they look into it and fine the company for pain and suffering then pay you + all the pain and late fees etc etc , that 50k will be looking like 50m , companies will stop this rubbish

Goodluck OP

thanks for this, you get it. exactly what I want right now
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2022
zedegit:

Contract work is modern day slave trade. Why not apply directly?

You can tell the employer but even at that, if you cut them off, they may kill you or send Alaye afonja urchins to harm you.

The employer can give you reference to another company. That's my take.
you can't apply directly unless through som1 known to the employer
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 9:54pm On Jul 05, 2022
SmartyPants:

Pardon my curiosity - how much will you save from your current work to do this?
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Pzpropertylimit(m): 9:55pm On Jul 05, 2022
Meet the owner of the company and explain ur hardship to him

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 9:56pm On Jul 05, 2022
DaddyGngeess:

Which state are you?
G
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 9:57pm On Jul 05, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

The wickedness in this story is way too much.

Do Nigerians successfully sue people? Visit a human rights organization to help you out.
that's what I am looking for, a human rights lawyer that can help n force them pay me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 9:59pm On Jul 05, 2022
Hedgefunds:

Do you work in Lagos State ajah.?
no sir
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by LIVEGOESON1: 10:00pm On Jul 05, 2022
If u de around ikeja i fit help u. Na hotel work o. 35k and u being feed once a day. It's manageble that's what am doing currently

3 Likes

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 10:01pm On Jul 05, 2022
Burgerlomo:

But some people are damn heartless, I will suggest you tell the factory owner about the situation and tell him that you're going to resign from the security company to work directly for him.
I'll do that tomorrow
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 10:01pm On Jul 05, 2022
Hopefullyy:
do u base in lag
no
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 10:07pm On Jul 05, 2022
Dheji2:
Your grammar is too smooth to be this stupid.

What's your academic qualification?
Do you have a criminal record preventing you from applying for a better job?

For someone who writes like this, I think you can get something better to do.

Unless your post is just to catch a cruise with the audience. Who knows?
i dont have any criminal record whatsoever in my life. I am a 300L University student

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Radio Bayelsa GM Flogs Four Officials / Finance And Economics, Which Is Better? / My Encounter With A Teacher Turned Bricklayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.