Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. (4096 Views)

White Woman Rocks Igbo Attire With Her Nigerian Husband (Photos) / Living With My Married Elder Sister / White Woman Grinding Pepper With Native Grinding Stone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by Maggi85: 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2022
I am a norwegian woman. I met my nigerian boyfriend 4 years ago. After being together for 2 years we decided to have a child. We didnt live together at that time. After giving birth to my girl he moved in with me. He finished his masters the same year. Then covid 19 came, and he losts his job as a restaurantworker. He had to get money from the state (NAV), and he managed to have money for food for himself. After a little while he decided to start delivering job. Then he had around 10 000 kr a month. Also worked the whole summer. He continued with this and then started norwegian classes. I got used to being the only one with income, and he only paid 3000 kr a month. That was going to help with half of kindergarden.

Time went by, and now since may he has worked every day. Delivery job and also some small engineering jobs. Every day he is away. Stille he only paid med 3000 a month. Last month I asked kindly if he could increase it to 5000 kr a month since i pay all the bills. He got angry and said he didnt had the money from work yet. Next month i tried again. He got angry again. But it didnt work on me this time. Because I knew that from may to july he has worked even 12 hours shifts as engineer. After almost kicking him out he finally paid me 5000 kr. At least he has 25 000 kr each month in income. 5000 of 25000 kr is very small. I use 35000 every month on our expances. Paying for the apartment and so on.

His answear was. "If im going to pay more, than I have to sign contract so that i also own the apartment". I told him that if he only has the opportunity to pay 5000 a month, it shows me that he cant afford to own anything here.

After living 2 years for free because of him not getting a job, corona and so on this is the way he thank me. In fact he should at least pay 10 000 a month. Electricity, kindergarden ,houserent (we have houserent when owning a house in norway), food and clothes for the child, household articles. Instead he only starts arguing about small money that i ask for.

My question is. Is this nigerian guy trying to use me?. Does he have these kinds of jobs on purpose so that i would be comfused about his income (running his own company, getting jobs here and there.. no consistancy). He also refuse to let me se his account. I asked him where the money is going. He didnt want to answear. Just that he bought some shoes. (They were cheap).

What is clear to me is that he doesnt want to use money on us, unless i beg or ask hundred times. After two days he finally gave them. So he had the money all the time, just didnt want to share it with me and my daughter.

His family in Nigeria have never been giving my daughter any gifts or money. My parents have done everything. And me.

He bought birthday gift for her, but not much more than that.

He goes to work everyday. Doesnt want to use more than 5000 out of 25000 of his money on us. Also never have time for us because of all the work. Yesterday he talked about that he want another child with me, and that money is never a problem. And that I should knew when i got pregnant with first baby that he was in that situation with no money.

I said to him: but i expcted you to get an engineering job, not waiting for years to get one. And also now you have a job. After that he was just starting yelling at me, that he wanted to talk to the udi, that he miss his mum and dad and sisters and brothers in nigeria. That he didnt believe it would be like this.

Its like he expect me to have more than one kid with him with no economically security, or security that he will help me out. I have been much alone with my girl. Every day he works, also in vacations when im off (Im working full time as a teacher) work, and in the weekends he spend both saturday and sundays in church. My daughter is welcome in the church, but not me. He doesnt want med there. And I dont know why. He is saying its because im not a christian. But before he wanted med there.

There is something going on behind my back. Thats for sure. He wants med to give him another child, but he doesnt want to contribute more even if he can. He never do familythings with us, im not welcome in his church.

2 weeks ago he said; maybe we should get married this year. I said to him but with what money?

I dont get him. Is he just testing me? Is marrying me a way to secure himself so he can stay in norway? is getting another child also the reason for getting more years in Norway? He can save a lot of money when he lives like he does now. Not paying much. If he lived alone in Norway renting an apartment, he would have to pay around 10 000 a month , and the child costedy around 4000. So 14 000 a month. Now he pays 3-5000 a month..

And also maybe he will not get to stay in norway according to rules.

What would you do? Show him the door?

Thank you for listening to my story

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by godliman: 1:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
He is a parasite perching on you to survive. Allowing this fellow into your life was your first mistake, your second mistake was have a baby for him, getting married to him or having another baby will be the final killer mistake. His heart is not with you, he is just using you. Go to his church and do some findings, possibly talk to his pastor. I won't be surprised if he is seeing another woman. The time to sit and talk about the future of your relationship is now, if talking to him alone will not work, go see his pastor ( if it is a genuine church) and let his pastor resolve the matter. Your respective families would have come in now but you are just cohabiting which is another terrible mistake. If all these efforts prove abortive show him the door but first secure the custody of your daughter by legal means.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by Christboy320(m): 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2022
The epistle is really much sorry I couldn't Finnish it

2 Likes

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by jimmyolasun: 1:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
cry
Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by Klass99(f): 1:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
smiley

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by thorpido(m): 1:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
You're co-habiting with him and usually one person gets used in most cases and in this case it is you.
Sit him down and have a serious talk with him.Ask him what the relationship is about and what the future holds.Make a demand that he contributes more to the running of the home or you kick him out.
Don't get pregnant just yet.If he really wants to marry you,let him show the commitment.

Your boyfriend may be remitting money home for his family or his projects in Nigeria and that explains where his money is going.Let him be in and in or you show him the door.

10 Likes

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by Mindlog: 1:51pm On Jul 06, 2022
Don't have a second child with him and don't marry him as his heart is far away from you...he is using you and still want to further use you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by jasminer: 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2022
Maggi85:

I dont get him. Is he just testing me? Is marrying me a way to secure himself so he can stay in norway? is getting another child also the reason for getting more years in Norway? He can save a lot of money when he lives like he does now. Not paying much. If he lived alone in Norway renting an apartment, he would have to pay around 10 000 a month , and the child costedy around 4000. So 14 000 a month. Now he pays 3-5000 a month..

And also maybe he will not get to stay in norway according to rules.

What would you do? Show him the door?

Thank you for listening to my story

Really sorry to hear about all these. I love people who let go of the prejudice and stereotype to give people a chance but I hate it when such people get burnt so I will be as honest with you like you're my blood sister.

YOU'RE BEING USED BY HIM. I'm 99.9% sure about this. He has plans and you're not a part of it. He will care for your child if you were not able to do so maybe due to sickness or God forbid even death. He loves her though he isn't spending now because he sees you doing everything already so he's using his funds to secure his future which most likely won't involve you.

It's best for you to walk away from him now and stop him using you but I think that when you want to call it quits, he'll try everything to convince you to stay, he will even put on a new leaf, take you to church to convince you that he's not hiding anything, even tell his Nigerian family to call and send gifts, increase his contribution but I really doubt he means it. He's simply buying time to get what he wants. Maximum a year or two, he'll put up a bad attitude so that you'll divorce him and he can be free to move on with someone else (with his Norwegian papers).

Really sorry about your experience, I wish you find true love

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by MMempire(m): 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2022
Seeing the advice given, I'm impressed that many Nigerians can be truthful. The truth is in most of the advice given above. No need to repeat those above.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by Klass99(f): 2:50pm On Jul 06, 2022
smiley

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by Nonam: 2:50pm On Jul 06, 2022
Maggi85

Your Nigeria man is not using you. The people here above are giving you bad advice.

Nigerians have this mentality that, when a black man is dating a white woman, he is using her for papers. Your Nigeria lover is not using you. He feels you are financially OK that is why he support you less. He loves you and wants to marry you because he sees no other woman in his life. He is not giving you that support because he still have to lay something back home. Every man needs to have a strong foundation.

Sit your man down and talk to him. Tell him your worries and how you feels. Communication is good.

4 Likes

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by MMempire(m): 3:05pm On Jul 06, 2022
Klass99:

We need to stop our people from hurting others globally, on an international scale with their extreme selfishness for either papers or quick riches.

One guy was on front page actively encouraging yahoo and boasting of his riches from it. My blood boiled when I saw that post and to think his comment had 60 likes, meaning 60 people actually applaud and approve that lifestyle.

It is even tolerable when they perpetuate their evil amongst us Nigerians, we know how to deal with ourselves as fellow Nigerians. What is it sef? Na only us waka come this universe? We are always leading when it comes to bad/negative things, even nationals of other African countries are wary of us.

Maggi85, listen to the person below me at your own peril. It will be disastrous for you if you do.

Can't but imagine the mentality of those that are applauding the guy with likes. Imagine not telling each other the truth and encouraging bad behaviours and lifestyles like Yahoo. How will our children look at these yahoo guys when they see them being celebrated.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by Ulunne777(f): 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2022
He's a wicked man and pls don't think thats how all Nigerian men are.
First,no more babies.
Secondly,visit that church with your daughter even without his consent to at least unsettle him.The church ppl must gossip and you will get some information from them.

They abound in romance section of this forum known as Red pill men.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by Mindlog: 3:40pm On Jul 06, 2022
Nonam:
Maggi85

Your Nigeria man is not using you. The people here above are giving you bad advice.

Nigerians have this mentality that, when a black man is dating a white woman, he is using her for papers. Your Nigeria lover is not using you. He feels you are financially OK that is why he support you less. He loves you and wants to marry you because he sees no other woman in his life. He is not giving you that support because he still have to lay something back home. Every man needs to have a strong foundation.

Sit your man down and talk to him. Tell him your worries and how you feels. Communication is good.

Love fire! See boldness with which you are confidently lying!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by tiger28: 3:41pm On Jul 06, 2022
godliman:
He is a parasite perching on you to survive. Allowing this fellow into your life was your first mistake, your second mistake was have a baby for him, getting married to him or having another baby will be the final killer mistake. His heart is not with you, he is just using you. Go to his church and do some findings, possibly talk to his pastor. I won't be surprised if he is seeing another woman. The time to sit and talk about the future of your relationship is now, if talking to him alone will not work, go see his pastor ( if it is a genuine church) and let his pastor resolve the matter. Your respective families would have come in now but you are just cohabiting which is another terrible mistake. If all these efforts prove abortive show him the door but first secure the custody of your daughter by legal means.
VERY True!!!!!!
Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 06, 2022
I don't think you should demand much unless you're earning less than him, working multiple shifts in a foreign country is frustrating he's not yet used to that kind of life unlike nigeria were as a civil servant you get paid even without coming to work...so he's earnings might really be less plus his working long hours so.... just pity him, it's not easy
Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by Mindlog: 4:16pm On Jul 06, 2022
Kaiair:
I don't think you should demand much unless you're earning less than him, working multiple shifts in a foreign country is frustrating he's not yet used to that kind of life unlike nigeria were as a civil servant you get paid even without coming to work...so he's earnings might really be less plus his working long hours so.... just pity him, it's not easy

If he is earning less than her and she is the one picking the bulk of the bills, why does he want another child with her?

8 Likes

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by thorpido(m): 4:33pm On Jul 06, 2022
Mindlog:

If he is earning less than her and she is the one picking the bulk of the bills, why does he want another child with her?
Good question.

Kaiair:
I don't think you should demand much unless you're earning less than him, working multiple shifts in a foreign country is frustrating he's not yet used to that kind of life unlike nigeria were as a civil servant you get paid even without coming to work ...so he's earnings might really be less plus his working long hours so.... just pity him, it's not easy
@bolded,please don't create an erroneous impression on international space that this is the norm.That it happens does not mean it's a normal thing.You won't get paid in most places if you don't come to work.

7 Likes

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by Maggi85: 4:33pm On Jul 06, 2022
Mindlog:

I agree to this. The situation is that i earn more in the year than him. But when we have a child together its not okey to only share ten prosent of what he earn with his familiy. After all bills are paid im left with very little. He is left with a lot. He works 12 hours on a shift. That means he now earns a lot. Almost more than me/probably more than me. With one engineering job and one delivery job. He is working all the time. Yet dont want to give us more than 5000 kr a month. While i use 32000 kr a month. I have 6000 left to live for (food), he has 20 000 or more for himself But he doesnt want me to se his account. Though i know he works every day. So money has to come in..

Also i dont understand why he wants more kids when he 1.doesnt use time on the one he already have. 2. dont have or want to use money.

Only reason can be that he is from a yoruba culture, and brought up mostly by his mum (dad didnt do much). And maybe he is brought up in a way that kids are mums respnsability.

But yoruba men also want to help familiy financially. So it doesnt fit. Maybe because im white.. and seen as rich.

Well the other reason can be that one more child means that i will need him for at least 2-3 years more. And it secure that he will get to stay in norway.

Another thing that is strange is that he doesnt want me in church. But he took our baby there two times. Why am i not welcome. And why isnt the pastor .. that he is close to.. advicing him to either bring us there or use more time with us? A pastor in most churches would try to make a man prioritize familiy first. I called another pastor and she told me this. She said it can look a bit like the whole church is hiding something from me.

5 Likes

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by Raalsalghul: 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2022
The way Nigerians badmouth their own just to get on a foreigner's good sides is just appalling. undecided

1 Like

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 06, 2022
Raalsalghul:
The way Nigerians badmouth their own just to get on a foreigner's good sides is just appalling. undecided

It's the same with Nigerian men as well, we all counter each other and make sure the foreigner hates the person. But in this case, the man himself is using her to stay there, make we no lie.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by Raalsalghul: 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2022
truthsayer009:

It's the same with Nigerian men as well, we all counter each other and make sure the foreigner hates the person. But in this case, the man himself is using her to stay there, make we no lie.

Of course some of the bad things been said about us is true, but I would expect some form of moderation when our people are talking about it as these foreigners even begin to see us that are talking in the same light.

A black American lady I went out with recently mentioned to me that she heard that Nigerian men are scammers, I quickly explained to her all about yahoo yahoo and how it works while also noting the fact that it is not all Nigerian that are into it.

I also kind of applied emotional intelligence, gave some distance and let her do the most of the initiating at least when they are talking about Nigerian yahoo men tomorrow, she can mention an exception that she has met before.

And this is how I operate: acting as an example rather than outright badmouthing of our people.

These foreigners have their own issues too, you know.

They too are not perfect but somehow we're in a competition to paint ourselves black and bad.

2 Likes

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by Barims(m): 5:50pm On Jul 06, 2022
Don't marry him please do not have another babe with him send him away

2 Likes

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by Barims(m): 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2022
Maggi85:

I agree to this. The situation is that i earn more in the year than him. But when we have a child together its not okey to only share ten prosent of what he earn with his familiy. After all bills are paid im left with very little. He is left with a lot. He works 12 hours on a shift. That means he now earns a lot. Almost more than me/probably more than me. With one engineering job and one delivery job. He is working all the time. Yet dont want to give us more than 5000 kr a month. While i use 32000 kr a month. I have 6000 left to live for (food), he has 20 000 or more for himself But he doesnt want me to se his account. Though i know he works every day. So money has to come in..

Also i dont understand why he wants more kids when he 1.doesnt use time on the one he already have. 2. dont have or want to use money.

Only reason can be that he is from a yoruba culture, and brought up mostly by his mum (dad didnt do much). And maybe he is brought up in a way that kids are mums respnsability.

But yoruba men also want to help familiy financially. So it doesnt fit. Maybe because im white.. and seen as rich.

Well the other reason can be that one more child means that i will need him for at least 2-3 years more. And it secure that he will get to stay in norway.

Another thing that is strange is that he doesnt want me in church. But he took our baby there two times. Why am i not welcome. And why isnt the pastor .. that he is close to.. advicing him to either bring us there or use more time with us? A pastor in most churches would try to make a man prioritize familiy first. I called another pastor and she told me this. She said it can look a bit like the whole church is hiding something from me.

That guy is using you do not have another baby with him send him away

Use your senses

3 Likes

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 06, 2022
Poster, your man needs to send money home to his Nigerian people, therefore he doesn't spend the money with you.

"I dont get him. Is he just testing me? Is marrying me a way to secure himself so he can stay in norway? is getting another child also the reason for getting more years in Norway? He can save a lot of money when he lives like he does now."

Maybe or maybe not, but Its usually a struggle for people to remain in European countries so your assumption is not far from the truth.

4 Likes

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by Maggi85: 6:26pm On Jul 06, 2022
truthsayer009:
Poster, your man needs to send money home to his Nigerian people, therefore he doesn't spend the money with you.

I get you. But..: his parents in Nigeria : his father is the pastor. They have money. So i cant believe he sends money to them. Unless he has to pay back to them. They helped him so he could study abroad. So they have helped him a lot.

"I dont get him. Is he just testing me? Is marrying me a way to secure himself so he can stay in norway? is getting another child also the reason for getting more years in Norway? He can save a lot of money when he lives like he does now."

Maybe or maybe not, but Its usually a struggle for people to remain in European countries so your assumption is not far from the truth.
Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by sisisioge: 6:58pm On Jul 06, 2022
This is so typical of majority of naija guys abroad, especially those without documentation. They want the foreign woman they could freeload on until they are confident enough to pursue their native women. They ALWAYS eventually want their native women! Do not be taken for a ride, one kid is enough with him.

And he has people he doesnt want to be seen with you in church...probably told them you're nolonger in the picture.

By the way, I wonder why most of you cant smell their fuckery from a mile radius. It is too profound!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by Foodqueen(f): 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2022
Don't trust him, he's only using u.

Kick him out.

Let him know that u av reported him to his online bro and sis. and they've open your eyes to his games.

5 Likes

Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 06, 2022
Maggi85:

I get you. But..: his parents in Nigeria : his father is the pastor. They have money. So i cant believe he sends money to them. Unless he has to pay back to them. They helped him so he could study abroad. So they have helped him a lot.

Lmaooo, is that what he told you?
Average middle class families in Nigeria sponsor members of their family in any way or form, they crowdsource, even sell properties.

Do you think he his spending his money on other women?

Nigerian men that I know are serious abroad, they are tight fisted except if its to send money back home for family or personal hidden purposes.
Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by Maggi85: 7:44pm On Jul 06, 2022
truthsayer009:

Lmaooo, is that what he told you?
Average middle class families in Nigeria sponsor members of their family in any way or form, they crowdsource, even sell properties.

Do you think he his spending his money on other women?

Nigerian men that I know are serious abroad, they are tight fisted except if its to send money back home for family or personal hidden purposes.

Okey so what you think is that he is sending money back home? And that he sees me spending money on clothes/eating outside/ and so on he doesnt think he has a reason to contribute. And use it instead on familiy in Nigeria (i doubt that since they have money). Or he save money for a future .. with another woman.
Re: Norwegian White Woman Living With A Nigerian Man And Having A Child Together. by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 8:06pm On Jul 06, 2022
Lalasticlala, come here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“that Boy Calls You Father, Do Not Bear A Hand In His Death” / Mercy Chinwo's Case Might Just Be Like That Of Simi. / The Things Men Consider Before Making Their Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.