Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,601 members, 7,827,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Pvc :igbos Outside The South East Are Many - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pvc :igbos Outside The South East Are Many (2095 Views)

What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates / Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! / Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pvc :igbos Outside The South East Are Many by OfoIgbo: 11:15am On Jul 07, 2022
Yves4real:

Have you been to Edo state to know what those that intend to register are also going through before coming to the conclusion that I bolded?
Do you know that some registration centers have no machines?
I discovered recently that my data is not available anymore on the INEC database and went to a registration center closer to me last Friday. Guess what? No official came to register us. It's possible that the machine for that center was taken elsewhere to register people in that zone. I am going to try again today.
It's possible that the shortage of machines is a general issue.

The bolded is also the case in the east.

Ask yourself one simple question.

Why did INEC acknowledge that there is a huge spike in the number of people that want to register in the SE, but still when INEC comes up with the figures of those that have registered, the number coming from the SE remains unremarkable?

With the last issue that you raised, remember that I commented that the powers that be, did not see Edo, Bayelsa, Delta as threats.
But with the coming of Obi, and the enthusiasm in those states, watch out and see how such administrative problems will keep cropping up, simply to keep down the number of votes from those states also.

We all have to pray that Obi emerges, and overhauls INEC, ensuring that deserving people from the south who have been systematically and stylishly disenfranchised, are registered.
Millions of southerners, especially in the SE, are being prevented from registering by subtle man-made obstacles meant to discourage or hinder them from registering.
Re: Pvc :igbos Outside The South East Are Many by Cafanchan: 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2022
Just quit playing the victim. It’s an institutional problem with INEC in registering voters due to limited fulltime staff. It’s not peculiar to the South-East. Alimosho LGA in Lagos with a population of 5million people has only one stable registration point somewhere in Ikotun. You can imagine how difficult it is to register there with the population surge.

INEC has a limited budget so only so much they can do across the country. We should be asking state governors, LG chairmen & other leaders how they’ve partnered with INEC to boost registration numbers in their domains. Southern leaders & politicians have refused to mobilise for voters registration like it’s done up north to assist INEC, then have their minions online claim it’s tribal victimization going on…

Maybe it’s northern leaders making Abia have ~20% registered voter turnout too along with the dismal voting %s across the whole south…

OfoIgbo:

The bolded is also the case in the east.

Ask yourself one simple question.

Why did INEC acknowledge that there is a huge spike in the number of people that want to register in the SE, but still when INEC comes up with the figures of those that have registered, the number coming from the SE remains unremarkable?

With the last issue that you raised, remember that I commented that the powers that be, did not see Edo, Bayelsa, Delta as threats.
But with the coming of Obi, and the enthusiasm in those states, watch out and see how such administrative problems will keep cropping up, simply to keep down the number of votes from those states also.

We all have to pray that Obi emerges, and overhauls INEC, ensuring that deserving people from the south who have been systematically and stylishly disenfranchised, are registered.
Millions of southerners, especially in the SE, are being prevented from registering by subtle man-made obstacles meant to discourage or hinder them from registering.
Re: Pvc :igbos Outside The South East Are Many by OfoIgbo: 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2022
Cafanchan:
Just quit playing the victim. It’s an institutional problem with INEC in registering voters due to limited fulltime staff. It’s not peculiar to the South-East. Alimosho LGA in Lagos with a population of 5million people has only one stable registration point somewhere in Ikotun. You can imagine how difficult it is to register there with the population surge.

INEC has a limited budget so only so much they can do across the country. We should be asking state governors, LG chairmen & other leaders how they’ve partnered with INEC to boost registration numbers in their domains. Southern leaders & politicians have refused to mobilise for voters registration like it’s done up north to assist INEC, then have their minions online claim it’s tribal victimization going on…

Maybe it’s northern leaders making Abia have ~20% registered voter turnout too along with the dismal voting %s across the whole south…

Yet, in the NE and NW, the same INEC has enough resources to register even under-aged kids and even go to people's homes to register every illiterate in the house.

In the south in general and SE in particular, they don't have enough resources to register the eligible citizens, talk-less of registering under-aged voters

Shine your eyes
Re: Pvc :igbos Outside The South East Are Many by Cafanchan: 2:46pm On Jul 07, 2022
Did you even read what I wrote up there? Quit the victim-playing. You are from 1 of the 3 powerful tribes. No one stopped southern leaders from setting aside money & hiring ad-hoc staff to help reach everyone faster than INEC’s limited staff can? Is Alimosho LGA, effectively the most populated LGA in Nigeria, with a single stable registration point in the SE? Or is there any LGA in the SE with a population of 5million to claim this is specifically targeted at your region? Is Alimosho majorly populated by SE folks?

OfoIgbo:

Yet, in the NE and NW, the same INEC has enough resources to register even under-aged kids and even go to people's homes to register every illiterate in the house.

In the south in general and SE in particular, they don't have enough resources to register the eligible citizens, talk-less of registering under-aged voters

Shine your eyes
Re: Pvc :igbos Outside The South East Are Many by helinues: 8:52pm On Jul 07, 2022
bastardmod:

Stop talking like a d@ft person.

Do you know how many igbo doctors are in the north?

Do you know how passionate they are about obi?

So you read similar sentiments expressed and that means I plagiarised

https://www.nairaland.com/7216603/meet-young-doctor-empowered-over#114519041

Here you go.
Re: Pvc :igbos Outside The South East Are Many by bastardmod: 9:01pm On Jul 07, 2022
helinues:

https://www.nairaland.com/7216603/meet-young-doctor-empowered-over#114519041

Here you go.

This guy, you be cl0wn oo

How is this the copy and paste you accused me of.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Quranic Proficiency Suggests Northern Kids Are Intelligent: Peter Obi / Buharis Message At Tinubu Campaign Rally Sparks Reactions (video) / Jagaban Ìn Early Lead...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.