Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,517 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off (15167 Views)

Help! How Can I Turn Off The Startup Sound On My Tecno 8pro / My Phone Screen Turns Off During Calls / Help! Once I Touch D Screen Of My Tecno CX Air, The Call Picks. Solution Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by harmargedon: 7:18pm On Jul 07, 2022
hungryboy:
Hello people, please I really need help, I use an Android phone , Been using it for a while now with no issues, yesterday , I tried turning data on one of my Sims (A Glo sim) and network went off ,but once I switch to the second sim(Mtn) for internet connection network becomes okay again on the Glo sim

I thought the issue was with my sim port ,so I switched the lines , but I still had the same issue on my Glo line even when I moved it to Sim 1

Please who has experienced this before?

How do I resolve this?
you're in a poor network environment, depending on which network band you're requesting to use. Change from 4g to 3g, or from 3g to 2g, depending on which one you're phone is in currently. Or move to a place with higher data network.

1 Like

Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Ojuntana: 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2022
Reyhzor:

Na Glo way be that , that's why I throw away my Glo years ago.
Especially when they give you bonus .
It's not phone problem oo. Glo network will give you bonus and won't allow you use it in peace
How's it a glo problem that network disappears off his phone when he switches data on. Is he the only one using data on glo

1 Like

Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by cayorday89(m): 7:20pm On Jul 07, 2022
hungryboy:
Hello people, please I really need help, I use an Android phone , Been using it for a while now with no issues, yesterday , I tried turning data on one of my Sims (A Glo sim) and network went off ,but once I switch to the second sim(Mtn) for internet connection network becomes okay again on the Glo sim

I thought the issue was with my sim port ,so I switched the lines , but I still had the same issue on my Glo line even when I moved it to Sim 1

How do I resolve this?
Don't think too much about it, it is glo network that is faulty, and it has something to do with 4g network, try not to browse with glo sim except in an area where the coverage is good. Trust me, there is nothing wrong with your phone, I experienced same thing on my phone and it was tried on two different phones same result. It's just glo poor network. Don't go and be tweaking your phone and then damage it ooooo.

1 Like

Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by adioolayi(m): 7:24pm On Jul 07, 2022
I have been noticing the disappearance of 4G network on my MTN line for the past 3weeks now.... Specifically, between a section of Ipaja road to Agege road (Iyana Ipaja to Agege) before NYSC camp.

Anytime I am on this section of this route, MTN 4G disappears only the "E" sometimes works.

Could it be that telecommunications industry are rationing the way they operate their mast..maybe due to high cost of diesel

I think services are being rationed
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by kherlly(m): 7:24pm On Jul 07, 2022
It happen on my mtn I don go buy Airtel now
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by cayorday89(m): 7:25pm On Jul 07, 2022
Ojuntana:

How's it a glo problem that network disappears off his phone when he switches data on. Is he the only one using data on glo
If you have never experienced it, you won't accept its the truth.. Glo network is like that especially in areas with poor coverage of their network.

1 Like

Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Emeka71(m): 7:29pm On Jul 07, 2022
If that phone is a transsion device then I must tell you that everything is all over.
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by treatise: 7:29pm On Jul 07, 2022
hungryboy:

How do I resolve this?
I guess you're using glo.
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Sparrk007(m): 7:41pm On Jul 07, 2022
Before I comment which kind of phone are you using
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Stephenmoka4(m): 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2022
hungryboy:
Hello people,

How do I resolve this?
It is common on Itel, I have experience this. Sometimes the network will show but not browse. MTN and GLO especially.
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Goddyj(m): 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2022
Glo-the worst network. If they use half of the money they spend on adverts to upgrade their network, I bet you they'll be competing with MTN.

1 Like

Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by smile11s(m): 7:51pm On Jul 07, 2022
hungryboy:

How do I resolve this?

It is a reasonable problem.
https://gist.am/question/why-does-my-phone-network-turn-off-once-i-turn-data-on
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by WrittyWritter(f): 7:53pm On Jul 07, 2022
It's not the the phone, it's a network and issue. Happens with Glo a lot..
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by ukpahu(m): 7:56pm On Jul 07, 2022
same to me
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by ailenmen: 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2022
U are on ING hot spot and wifi together, one have to off 4 d order to work
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by HelipsTech: 8:09pm On Jul 07, 2022
hungryboy:

How do I resolve this?

You don't have data, they feel you wanna browse with cheat
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Ijaya123: 8:11pm On Jul 07, 2022
Beremx:
A snail is faster than Glo network

This same glo

Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 07, 2022
Goto your phone setting then click network connection turn the network to the normal mode

1 Like

Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by essentialone(m): 8:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
abobote:
I can't help you

My MTN is doing worse. Always disappears.
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Oyerinde16(m): 8:39pm On Jul 07, 2022
There is nothing wrong with your phone, its the network, if the network isn't strong, once your turn on data, the signal bar drops or goes off completely, but if you switch data sims, it will come back, if you doubt, try to find a spot where there is strong network, it will come back and work just fine... Its not your phone but the network...
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by mukthar2000(m): 8:40pm On Jul 07, 2022
Visit the sim card office for complained for sim and NIN update.
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by oyewoleolu(m): 8:40pm On Jul 07, 2022
Olowomi11:
Please
I am using an outdated tecno L8plus
Screenbroken and battery life already useless
Its almost been 6years i have been with it
Pls anyone that can dash me a phone,even if its a used one,i don't mind
Pls help me

CHECK YOUR INBOX
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by adetunji996(m): 8:43pm On Jul 07, 2022
bro go check your mobile network cable, experienced it recently
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Ojuntana: 8:50pm On Jul 07, 2022
cayorday89:

If you have never experienced it, you won't accept its the truth.. Glo network is like that especially in areas with poor coverage of their network.
He did not complain of network coverage
Learn to dissect issues
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by LordVarys1: 8:52pm On Jul 07, 2022
grin grin grin
sofiscatedmoron:
Never has this been heard in the history of Mobile phone
This is a case of village people
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Dreadlock69(m): 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2022
Naso 5g dey do sometimesgrin

1 Like

Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 07, 2022
oyewoleolu:
CHECK YOUR INBOX

Good evening Sir
I didn't see anything message in my mail
This is my active whatsapp number
Pls chat me up
Thanks so much and God bless
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by innomaa(m): 9:05pm On Jul 07, 2022
It is Glo data issue. I also experience it at times in my techno phone. At times when you on the data, it will simply not connect until after you have gotten tired of oning and offing the data icon. I do not rely on them any more.
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Dickson178(m): 9:09pm On Jul 07, 2022
Give your girlfriend the phone on her birthday ... Your problem will end! cheesy
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by cayorday89(m): 9:24pm On Jul 07, 2022
Ojuntana:

He did not complain of network coverage
Learn to dissect issues
Reason why I said you will not accept if you have never experienced it. Once you on data, network goes totally blank and it happens with only glo or let me say I have only experienced it with glo. I am not downgrading the network or beefing it, I will graciously own it if I am opportuned but it is what it is.
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by abjonline(m): 9:41pm On Jul 07, 2022
Why phone did you use to put this on Nairaland?
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Jac007(m): 9:45pm On Jul 07, 2022
I've heard of it before...I suggested a sim swap for the complainant after about 3 days of fruitless troubleshooting. The issue was resolved after the swap.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Demerits Of Buying An Injoo Phone? / How To Get New MTN Bi-weekly Data Plan Worth 200MB For N50 / US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.