Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off (15128 Views)

Help! How Can I Turn Off The Startup Sound On My Tecno 8pro / My Phone Screen Turns Off During Calls / Help! Once I Touch D Screen Of My Tecno CX Air, The Call Picks. Solution Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by peculiar2021(m): 9:51pm On Jul 07, 2022
hungryboy:
Hello people, please I really need help, I use an Android phone , Been using it for a while now with no issues, yesterday , I tried turning data on one of my Sims (A Glo sim) and network went off ,but once I switch to the second sim(Mtn) for internet connection network becomes okay again on the Glo sim

I thought the issue was with my sim port ,so I switched the lines , but I still had the same issue on my Glo line even when I moved it to Sim 1

Please who has experienced this before?

How do I resolve this?

No cause for alarm Op. Its a network issue with glo. I experience it often.
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Awesomeking: 9:56pm On Jul 07, 2022
This isn't a network problem bro. Your Glo sim is damaged.. Remove it and compare it with another sim card.. U will notice that the gold panel under it I'd either faded or fading.. Go to a Glo store.. Do welcome back but tell them your sim was damaged
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by ogundeleai(m): 10:02pm On Jul 07, 2022
I have similar experience with infinix note 10... The issue can't be solved even glo staffs if you decide to take it to their office neither so called engineer..
Steps :
Remove the 2 sims and return only glo line... Then search manually for the preferred network.... Once they come up select glo 4g.. Switch off and reinsert mtn sim also..
Your problem is solved.. You migth even experience slow data service especially on glo, repeat steps above to get solutions.. My observation is that MTN network is suppressing glo when the prefer network is automatically selected..
I contacted few engineers visit glo office all to no avail.. I solved the issue myself.
Goodluck!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Fretchy: 10:21pm On Jul 07, 2022
hungryboy:
Hello people, please I really need help, I use an Android phone , Been using it for a while now with no issues, yesterday , I tried turning data on one of my Sims (A Glo sim) and network went off ,but once I switch to the second sim(Mtn) for internet connection network becomes okay again on the Glo sim

I thought the issue was with my sim port ,so I switched the lines , but I still had the same issue on my Glo line even when I moved it to Sim 1

im sure it's a 4g issue.. check your 4G settings preferable set to auto
How do I resolve this?
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by NoGirlfriend: 10:24pm On Jul 07, 2022
person wey normal nor suppose dey use glo
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Ojuntana: 10:37pm On Jul 07, 2022
cayorday89:

Reason why I said you will not accept if you have never experienced it. Once you on data, network goes totally blank and it happens with only glo or let me say I have only experienced it with glo. I am not downgrading the network or beefing it, I will graciously own it if I am opportuned but it is what it is.
And I told you it's a Sim issue not network issue.
The Sim has max capacity. Most old Sims have capacity of 32kb while the 4G needs min of 512kb capacity Sim.
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Ojuntana: 10:40pm On Jul 07, 2022
Jac007:
I've heard of it before...I suggested a sim swap for the complainant after about 3 days of fruitless troubleshooting. The issue was resolved after the swap.
There only person who understands the issue
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by fineberry(m): 10:43pm On Jul 07, 2022
MufasaLion:
Get a Samsung or Apple.
its money na...e nobi everybody hold rabas like you an lolz
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by NessFortunate: 10:59pm On Jul 07, 2022
hungryboy:

How do I resolve this?

borrow a glo sim from another folk, try it on your phone and try that your glo sim on the person too. If your sim act same way then quickly copy the important numbers and what have you and do away with the sim get a new glo in return. Peace be unto you.
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Kendollar696(m): 12:16am On Jul 08, 2022
hungryboy:

How do I resolve this?

Is it a 4g Glo sim or 3g
and is the phone 4g compatible??
if this is conflict between this, its affect the network too.
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by teefeh25(f): 1:44am On Jul 08, 2022
hungryboy:
but once I switch to the second sim(Mtn) for internet connection network becomes okay again on the Glo sim
How do I resolve this?

It's the network, I think you should switch your network type in your phone setting (as in from 4G to maybe 3G or something), it's probably that the network type your sim uses is not available temporarily.
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by NwibanaEmmanuel(m): 2:51am On Jul 08, 2022
switch to geniex app, it'll provide you a free network on the cloud for browsing.

I had this same issue too
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by abaste: 4:30am On Jul 08, 2022
see below

Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by matm: 4:30am On Jul 08, 2022
Switch to 2g,and if it is working, then it's 3g/4g problem dt comes with china phones due to no more update thing.But if it is a phone dt could be updated, then update it and it will be ok.
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Blastedholligan: 5:10am On Jul 08, 2022
hungryboy:

How do I resolve this?
what kind of phone do you use?
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by princewarri1985: 5:15am On Jul 08, 2022
hungryboy:

How do I resolve this?
do a simple factory reset of your phone, problem solved
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by walexsho(m): 5:52am On Jul 08, 2022
I'm having similar issue with my airtel sim... once I switch to 3G, phone network goes off. I decided to leave the airtel sim to use edge while the other sim to use 3G
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Charles545: 5:55am On Jul 08, 2022
You are simply out of data. Check your data plan, and once you have a new subscription, it would come up.
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Starhearts: 6:35am On Jul 08, 2022
Go sell d phone nd use d money to start selling arizona nd loud buzz
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by kkins25(m): 6:36am On Jul 08, 2022
hungryboy:

How do I resolve this?
If I get you correctly, sim 1 causes your network service to go off.
I would want to make an assumption that your mobile device is most likely of the MediaTek brand. My Samsung S8+ got fried last year while I was trying to figure out why the network service keeps going on and off. I'm praying it's not the same problem as mine. Had to buy another motherboard.
My point is, your probably not using a MediaTek device. If so, then omo!!

So what really was the problem?
Our mobile devices are constantly scanning for service. When you move to a low service zone, the phone intensifies the effort to maintain a sustainable signal. During this process of searching, the network chip might become stressed. You may notice by the battery drain and/or overheating of the phone.

How bad is this condition?
Too much stress can cause the network chip to fry. Yes! The network chip would literally die from overheating due to struggle with low service. hence, it is advised you switch to 2g if available or turn on airplane mode, especially if the phone is constantly picking and losing the signal.

Step 1: Reboot your mobile device.
I'm sure you've tried this. But just had to put it in there.

If this doesn't fix the device then there are two case scenarios:

1) Fried Network Chip: Take to the repairer to change the network chip(may God help you)
2) soft- software bug: Try step two below and pray.
3) Hard- software bug: You have to flash another ROM. Repairers can easily do this.

Please oh, check for scenarios 2 and 3 first..

Step 2A:
>>Go to your settings menu
>> Navigate to 'network settings'/'connection'/'netwrok' as the case may be.
>> Under network settings, find "reset network settings".
>> Check if your phone is back to normal. If note Proceed to step two.

Disclaimer:This next step might cause you to lose app data and/or storage data.

Step 2b:
If step 2A doesn't fix the problem, you might have a software bug. Don't worry, this can be rectified easily(depending on your brand). In this step, you should use the 'reset setting' menu/tab/option found in the settings menu.

Note: Some devices offer you the option of only resetting your application data without formating storage data. Some devices would erase everything, living the device with an out of the box feel. See next step.

Before proceeding to this step, you should back up(if necessary) your files.

Step 3:
To reset the software bug, you should simply reset the phone to factory settings.
There are two ways to do this:

1) From phone UI via settings menu:
On your device, navigate to settings>General management
you should see a list of reset options. select - "Reset Settings"
You may also find the option "factory reset/ reset storage/reset". What you should be looking for is "reset settings" or "factory reset" . Sometimes the device would prompt you to either reset settings only, in that case, select reset settings.
Don't forget to back up or transfer your stuff from the phone.

2) From the phones bootloader:

You can access the bootloader debugging menu or the fastboot menu by pressing certain key combinations.

most of the time, the key combinations are "power button", "volume down" and sometimes "home key". You should turn off the phone and then press the combination buttons at the same time. Hold for a few seconds.
I don't know what brand you are using, but you should see some green text or the android debug logo.
Consult your device user-manual for the key combinations or use google.
When you are in the debug menu or fastboot menu, you would see a list of options like so:

factory reset
clear cache
clear data
etc.
depends on your phone. select factory reset. select yes or swipe right.
wait for the process to complete. Make sure you battery is above 60%..
when the process is done, another menu would show up..
select reboot phone.
Hope this helps!!!!

barnny:
Pls my own problem na say my phone dey reboot by itself. It can reboot like that continuously for a whole day until the b3 went off. Pls kindly help. I don't know what to do. I'm equally using android. Techno pouvouir 3 to be specificembarassed
You're caught up in a bootloop. Your bootloader has been corrupted probably because you turned off the phone improperly or you used it till it ran out of battery. Never the less, its no difficult issue for some one like me. grin grin grin grin grin

What you have to do is flash another software that matches the one already installed on your device. It's quite risky given that the device is techno. I'd advise you follow the bootloader menu option i listed above. techno, if nothing has changed should have a fastboot key combo of power button and volume down.... use that to get to the bootloader menu and do the following:

1) clear cache data
2) Clear storage data
3) factory reset.

Hopefully, this should get your device back to normal. if not, you have what we call a hard brick. You would need to use a PC to flash a new rom on your device. good luck. Hopefully you enabled the usb-debugging option in the hidden developer options when the phone was working.
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Realboygenius(m): 6:57am On Jul 08, 2022
Take to the phone to a service center for repair. Meanwhile you can now enjoy long lasting power with the new Oraimo 40,000mah Powerbank.

Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by cayorday89(m): 7:18am On Jul 08, 2022
Ojuntana:

And I told you it's a Sim issue not network issue.
The Sim has max capacity. Most old Sims have capacity of 32kb while the 4G needs min of 512kb capacity Sim.
You should have stated this earlier, the point I am only trying to make to the OP is that he should not overthink it and seeing his phone as the problem.
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Ojuntana: 7:31am On Jul 08, 2022
cayorday89:

You should have stated this earlier, the point I am only trying to make to the OP is that he should not overthink it and seeing his phone as the problem.
I did. Maybe you didn't see it.
If it's a network issue, when he tries making calls, the network will disappear as well.
But if it's only when he wants to use data, it's almost certain that it's the SIM
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by cayorday89(m): 7:46am On Jul 08, 2022
Ojuntana:

I did. Maybe you didn't see it.
If it's a network issue, when he tries making calls, the network will disappear as well.
But if it's only when he wants to use data, it's almost certain that it's the SIM
Okay, saw only your reply to that guy. Cheers Bro.
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by sfamotua(m): 8:09am On Jul 08, 2022
hungryboy:

How do I resolve this?

Do a factory reset on your network
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Holawhumy: 9:02am On Jul 08, 2022
monkautos:
I have had the problem once.

If your phone is a double sim like mine was it means that both sims cannot be on 3g/4g network settings at the same time.

Set your call sim to 2g and the browsing sim to 3g/4g and you should be good

The only person who has made sense so far grin. It happens to my Samsung. Go to the settings, and apply the above, it will work.
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Ojuntana: 9:15am On Jul 08, 2022
cayorday89:

Okay, saw only your reply to that guy. Cheers Bro.
Well done

1 Like

Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by YourFavorite21(m): 10:01am On Jul 08, 2022
Your case is critical .
Change that phone.
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by Dumte(m): 10:22am On Jul 08, 2022
I have experienced similar issues with my phone. And it was same glo that gave me the challenge.
Mine was that I will have full network. But as soon as I subscribed, boom....the network will take ages to come up and when it does, data service will not come up.
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by matrixme(m): 11:40am On Jul 08, 2022
Go and buy a MIFI. New one from Airtel is just 5,000.
Re: Once I Turn Data On, My Phone Network Turns Off by FaithBrain1994(m): 3:11pm On Jul 08, 2022
This must be Android or Java product. Not surprised.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

House Lets Hack Mtn Recharge Cards / 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. / How To Upgrade Blackberry Os

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.