Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister (49159 Views)

Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office / Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) / The Moment Theresa May Burst Into Tears As She Resigned As UK Prime Minister(Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by stanisbaratheon: 2:24pm On Jul 07, 2022
heendrix:
Sincerely speaking if I'm Peter Obi I'll follow suit cuz what on earth would Obi gain if he's embarrassed at the poll next year?? he couldn't even win massively in all the states in his region 2019 and same thing would happen 2023. as the biggest fan of Obi atm, I'll be the only one to tell him the bitter truth. Sir, now is not the best time to contest. carefully and sincerely back off the presidential race.

Try and rest. When is the right time for him to contest? So you prefer to have another calamitous failure like Buhari again in 2023? If you be youth I dey shame for you.
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by osidion2020(m): 2:24pm On Jul 07, 2022
In all honesty you ain't got no valid point, free you self from mental slavery. Have a good day.
heendrix:
Sincerely speaking if I'm Peter Obi I'll follow suit cuz what on earth would Obi gain if he's embarrassed at the poll next year?? he couldn't even win massively in all the states in his region 2019 and same thing would happen 2023. as the biggest fan of Obi atm, I'll be the only one to tell him the bitter truth. Sir, now is not the best time to contest. carefully and sincerely back off the presidential race.
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by coputa(m): 2:29pm On Jul 07, 2022
fergie001:

Figure head government.the prime minister is just the head of government,the queen remains the head of state,she's the highest representative of the UK both on national and international stage,she's also the head of the armed forces.They pull the string from behind.
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by AlphaTaikun: 2:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
fergie001:

Cheerio Boris Johnson... The descendant of a Turkish immigrant.
There'll be another chance to be of service to mankind!

1 Share

Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by Obitroy(m): 2:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
seunlayi:
What is Buhari waiting for?
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by planetx: 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2022
udoji2021:
sane countries with sane leaders. i go baff naked for market the day a nigerian president resigns.
Presidents in presidential systems don't resign on a whim that is why you have periodical elections unlike a parliamentary system. American presidents don't resign either unless impeached

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by thatigboman1: 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2022
TheOldGods:
Why did he re-sign
because a member of his cabinet is accused of sexual harrassment and Boris Johnson accused of not firing him. And so 2 important cabinet ministers (finance and health -both indians) resigned day before yesterday and by yesterday the number of resignations had increased to 52 or so. He can't rule the country alone, so he had to resign.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by Electorate: 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2022
heendrix:

You are always fund of saying rubbish, not surprised...If only you know Peter Obi or ANY Nigerian have the right to contest an election you won't be displaying your ignorance online.

Btw, You can only rant for eternity Peter Obi will still contest...you can start saving money for sniper, you will need a sip of it when you see Obi's name on the ballot.

Typing from the Zoo

2 Likes

Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by thatigboman1: 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2022
udoji2021:
sane countries with sane leaders. i go baff naked for market the day a nigerian president resigns.
in presidential system, presidents are impeached not removed by vote of no confidence. If Boris Johnson had not resigned, he would have been disgracefully kicked out next week.

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by akposme(m): 2:33pm On Jul 07, 2022
heendrix:

You have not made any point..
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by bezimo(m): 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2022
heendrix:

Will you shut up there...
How much were you paid to vomit this nonsense!
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by SenatePresdo(m): 2:38pm On Jul 07, 2022
heendrix:

grin grin
Mr Troll, is Peter Obi the only person contesting? Why don't you ask the other candidates to resign as well?
After all, only a candidate would still emerge winner.
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by kessdivine4all: 2:38pm On Jul 07, 2022
heendrix:

You are truly senseless. In your heart, if not for tribal sentiments. Is your Tinubu the Agbado crooner not meant to be wearing his pampers at home? Keep deceiving yourself

You
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by SenatePresdo(m): 2:39pm On Jul 07, 2022
heendrix:

Obi did not contest in 2019,Atiku and Buhari did.
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2022
heendrix:

If you are his biggest fan at the moment, you will not make this statement. This is pure gaslighting and that is a passive aggressive strategy. Oga go and rest, stop having nightmares about PO
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by naija4life247: 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2022
Obagoblog:
Hmmm. Confusing.

If you think this has nothing to do with Russia, Click Like. If you think otherwise, Click share

Putin just sacked UK PM. He is going to sack several EU leaders, just watch it. Putin has turned politics of war to politics of economy. USA citizens too dey suffer, let's see how long it will take them to hit the streets
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by toprealman: 2:49pm On Jul 07, 2022
tunene66:

In politics no one is remotely indispensable

Boris Johnson

What a message for our politicians and the people of Nigeria as we look forward to the 2023 General Elections.
Depends on regional context
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 07, 2022
thatigboman1:
in presidential system, presidents are impeached not removed by vote of no confidence. If Boris Johnson had not resigned, he would have been disgracefully kicked out next week.
Oh!

i understand now, thanks for the enlightment

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by naija4life247: 2:50pm On Jul 07, 2022
icuminpiss:
Good one..I want to print Obi posters here in Kaduna south and paste them at some areas in Kaduna , but i dont have money and I'm just a 300lv student working so hard to campaign for Peter obi. How do I go about it?
So help me God.

If you love your parents, you won't risk your life for the little money your plan to defraud Obituary's supporters
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 07, 2022
planetx:
Presidents in presidential systems don't resign on a whim that is why you have periodical elections unlike a parliamentary system. American presidents don't resign either unless impeached
OK.

THANKS
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by Fearyourcreator: 2:52pm On Jul 07, 2022
lifeandjoy:

Lol.... You're a mental case
I here you na
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by Deeprooted: 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2022
The thing we all expected to have done this long time ago is still roaming around the world
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by Zidoh(m): 2:57pm On Jul 07, 2022
Pqq
Quest7777:
Just wondering what will make a sitting Naija President to resign other than sickness or death.
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by Ijaya123: 3:02pm On Jul 07, 2022
ForestHill:
Good news; next is Macron Emmanuel of France

He just got elected for another 4 years term. Not gonna happen.
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by Ijaya123: 3:04pm On Jul 07, 2022
naija4life247:

Putin just sacked UK PM. He is going to sack several EU leaders, just watch it. Putin has turned politics of war to politics of economy. USA citizens too dey suffer, let's see how long it will take them to hit the streets

This is not about Russia but about some excees of his Cabinet members.
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by Olastep1(m): 3:06pm On Jul 07, 2022
Long awaited
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by kafeii123: 3:08pm On Jul 07, 2022
about time
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by aspabay(m): 3:10pm On Jul 07, 2022
Quest7777:

Still doesn't stop me from wondering what will make a sitting Naija President to resign.
BTW Nixon resigned.

But resign for what exactly.

Btw Nixon resigned because he was facing almost certain impeachment and removal from office.

We do not have such a situation in Nigeria yet.
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by Enyimbamercedes: 3:11pm On Jul 07, 2022
Democracy!

Cabinet members lose faith in their leader and resign...The Leader knows he has lost the backing of his cabinet and does the honorable thing ...RESIGN

Awa DaHLInG President

Ministers will stay put and even the Vice President who should know better...not one resignation ...well only to vie for political position,

The President? HE jets out a day after an attack ...
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by peacettw: 3:13pm On Jul 07, 2022
Very shameful. I thought he had refused to do so earlier
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by Ojuntana: 3:23pm On Jul 07, 2022
Putin must be laughing his socks off now

The way BJ carry the Ukraine matter for head like gala, you go think his wife is from Ukraine or maybe that's where they buried his umbilical cord

Britian was the first country to send weapons to Ukraine and BJ was the most vocal of the "Russia must not take Ukraine No matter What" gang even while sensible countries like France, Turkey were urging restraint and calm minds. Now Ukraine will require $750bn to rebuild whenever Russia decides he's had enough of bombing them to smithereens.

Though I strongly suspect he was using that strongman personae to shore up his image and douse attention from the many scandals and mismanagement facing the UK under him

Albeit he still remains a popular politician and may make a comeback in the future

But for now, it is Putin 1:0 West
Re: Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister by andyprez(m): 3:28pm On Jul 07, 2022
heendrix:

Biggest fan indeed!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Before & After Pics Of Aleppo Reveal What War Did To Syria’s Largest City / South Africans Are Worried After China Open 13th Police Station In Their Country / Jair Bolsonaro Makes His Dog Sign Law Against Animal Cruelty (Photo, Video )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.