Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules (56168 Views)

David Ukpo Asks Court To Stop Biodata Release To Ekweremadu / Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age / Photos Of David Ukpo Nwamini, The 15-Year-Old Boy Ekweremadu Took To The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 8:59pm On Jul 07, 2022
Gemma11:

The only exploitation here is the from the Ekweremadu's camp.

David is not responsible for the daughter's illness
David would have no knowledge of the daughter's illness if not for the Ekweremadu's recruiting him into this mess
David did not purchase his own ticket to the UK
David did not book himself into the Royal Free Hospital
David did not apply for a visa to the UK
David has a right to say no at any time, regardless of if consent was previously given.
David is a human being whose his life matters
David has a right to keep both of his God Given Kidneys
David's life is worth no less than the Ekweremadu's daughter
David, just like the Ekweremadu's twenty something year old children, is also somebody's child.
David is a victim

Again there is a reason why he was desperate enough to report his predicament to the Police, instead of going underground and hustling like most Nigerians who find themselves in the UK without papers if he really wanted to stay in the country. Exposing yourself to the authorities who have the power to put you back on the next thing smoking back to Lagos doesn't tally up with your assessment

As for the Ekweremadu's camp...

Who has access to David's personal documents and is plastering online because it is certainly not David and that is another form of exploitation as there is no reason for another unrelated adult to be in possession of the personal data and documents of another.

You're seeing it from the perspective of David's legal rights. He has the right to change his mind at any point. I'm seeing from the perspective of David's intentions. If he planned this all out, then there's no other way to put it other than to say he exploited the senator's situation. Both were desperate. The senator probably wanted to exploit his desperation but the hunter became the hunted. However, this does not somehow make it right. He might get away with it, but if he were my friend, I'd be wary of him. It takes a strong mind to make such moves not withstanding the life at stake.

That's if he lied.

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Gemma11: 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

You're seeing it from the perspective of David's legal rights. He has the right to change his mind at any point. I'm seeing from the perspective of David's intentions. If he planned this all out, then there's no other way to put it other than to say he exploited the senator's situation. Both were desperate. The senator probably wanted to exploit his desperation but the hunter became the hunted. However, this does not somehow make it right. He might get away with it, but if he were my friend, I'd be wary of him. It takes a strong mind to make such moves not withstanding the life at stake.

That's if he lied.

How would an unexposed, not highly educated, never left Nigeria before 21 year old have the knowhow to exploit one of the top Nigerian Senator's situation? How many of us even knew about his sick daugher before this whole debacle?
And why are David's intentions being questioned when everyone knows that a lot of young people in Nigeria are looking to Japa? Why are David's intentions to accept a proposed job offer in the UK, with flight, visa and all expenses paid seen as sinister and not normal for any adventurous 21 year old with a dream?
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by LienwaltAbel(m): 9:11pm On Jul 07, 2022
Agadinaagwuofe:

On what ground or relied document was the ruling that he wasn't a minor? If you have been following the case Ekweremadu applied for the docs in Nigeria court to allow Nigerian agencies released the CTC of the boy's age documents to submit to UK court. If you have any other prove of any other documents the court relied in taking the decision he wasn't a minor show me.
The boy could have revealed that he wasn't a minor under oath. We don't know what happened in the court so..
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Agadinaagwuofe: 9:24pm On Jul 07, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

The boy could have revealed that he wasn't a minor under oath. We don't know what happened in the court so..

Has the boy ever been brought to the court? He can only swear an oath if he is brought to the court. Like I said Ekweremadu lawyer while filing affidavits in Nigeria prayed to the courts that the reason for his application is to mandate Nigerian agencies to release it for Ekweremadu to defend himself and again I posted channel tv link confirming the same thing. The boy is still under custody and never had the chance to appear before the court so there is no way he could have recanted his statement.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by IbeOkehie: 9:28pm On Jul 07, 2022
Is he a boy? Has he been proven to be a minor? I don't know, just asking. The difference between a minor and adult is crucial to the outcome.

Nozino:

He wasn’t promised a huge amount of money for nothing, he was promised a job in the Uk. He even underwent Medicals in Nigeria like everyone one else applying for a work visa from Nigeria.

I’m sure you’d agree that the said boy had no access to the visa application and the criminal senator handled the visa application himself?

It isn’t unusual for rich politicians to offer money or a job to poor Nigerians especially this close to an election year. The boy would have thought himself lucky without expecting any foul play.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by LienwaltAbel(m): 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
Agadinaagwuofe:

Has the boy ever been brought to the court? He can only swear an oath if he is brought to the court. Like I said Ekweremadu lawyer while filing affidavits in Nigeria prayed to the courts that the reason for his application is to mandate Nigerian agencies to release it for Ekweremadu to defend himself and again I posted channel tv link confirming the same thing. The boy is still under custody and never had the chance to appear before the court so there is no way he could have recanted his statement.
Okay. Now I understand.

1 Like

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by LienwaltAbel(m): 9:31pm On Jul 07, 2022
IbeOkehie:
Is he a boy? Has he been proven to be a minor? I don't know, just asking. The difference between a minor and adult is crucial to the outcome.

It isn't bros.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by djon78(m): 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2022
Idiotseverywher:
. You are too low to be argue with in the sense that bigoted minds doesn't think normal

See this one that can't reason with his brain.

It's illegal in the Western world to sell kidney, it's either by blood relatives or a willing donor without financial inducement

Then a young man in his early 20s, a stranger is ferried to the UK to donate his kidney without any financial inducement

The prosecution can build a very water tight evidence from this alone

This is a very serious case

1 Like

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by IbeOkehie: 9:46pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

That's if he lied.

This is an astute take on the situation. Never underestimate human dexterity in any circumstance.

1 Like

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Idiotseverywher: 9:47pm On Jul 07, 2022
djon78:

See this one that can't reason with his brain.

It's illegal in the Western world to sell kidney, it's either by blood relatives or a willing donor without financial inducement

Then a young man in his early 20s, a stranger is ferried to the UK to donate his kidney without any financial inducement

The prosecution can build a very water tight evidence from this alone

This is a very serious case
. How I know that you don't have sense is when you indirectly refused to answer a simple question, what is organ donor, you keep on making a fool of yourself calling sell of organ, that is why you people fail examples , did the case amount selling of organ , didn't you read the application for Visa, hmmmm bigots don't think NORMAL at all
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 9:50pm On Jul 07, 2022
IbeOkehie:

Even if he is 21years old, he is still a vulnerable, uneducated young boy.

1 Like

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by IbeOkehie: 9:53pm On Jul 07, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

It isn't bros.

I'm sure the age of the kidney donor is germane to the case. I mean, come on. Again, I don't know or care but to British Law, I'm very sure it matters.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by LienwaltAbel(m): 9:57pm On Jul 07, 2022
IbeOkehie:

I'm sure the age of the kidney donor is germane to the case. I mean, come on. Again, I don't know or care but to British Law, I'm very sure it matters.
It isn't. The main case is about exploitation and organ trafficking which have next to nothing to do with age and are even more heinous crimes than child trafficking (which would have been a case if the boy was a minor). The fact that the court has ruled out the minor factor is just a drop in the ocean.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 10:20pm On Jul 07, 2022
Gemma11:

How would an unexposed, not highly educated, never left Nigeria before 21 year old have the knowhow to exploit one of the top Nigerian Senator's situation? How many of us even knew about his sick daugher before this whole debacle?
And why are David's intentions being questioned when everyone knows that a lot of young people in Nigeria are looking to Japa? Why are David's intentions to accept a proposed job offer in the UK, with flight, visa and all expenses paid seen as sinister and not normal for any adventurous 21 year old with a dream?

If this has always been his plan from the moment he was contacted, then the need to japa doesn't need necessarily justify his actions. The intention I'm referring to is not his intention to accept all those things you mentioned above, but his intention to play a fast one the senator despite the fact that it was a matter of life and death. The end does not always justify the means. Nigerians want to japa but that doesn't mean everything they do to that end is automatically OK. No decent human being would see such a situation as an opportunity. The only thing that justifies him is if he's being honest about not knowing the actual plan.

Yes, he didn't know about the daughter, but this could have still been thought out after he was contacted. You didn't know this David before now so you don't know what he's capable of. You don't who his friends are. You don't know the people advising him. I also don't know myself. That's why I've made all my statements conditional.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by IbeOkehie: 10:29pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nozino:

Even if he is 21years old, he is still a vulnerable, uneducated young boy.

Legally, a 21 year old is an adult able to make his own decisions and fully liable for any contravention of the law.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by akintunde63: 10:51pm On Jul 07, 2022
GEEBITE:
A lot of our folks don't read. There was a letter to the British high commissioner supporting the visa application by the senator. The purpose of the trip was clearly stated there(medical). We might dislike or hate our politicians but truth should be constant.

If we want to go by the letter to the embassy, then the Ekweremadus wouldn't have been arrested in the first place.

The letter isn't enough proof that he knew the real plan
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by waziri4biz: 11:12pm On Jul 07, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm. This article below is a reminder again. Do not outsource your role as a father.

EKWEREMADU: Between Fatherhood and Ambition

https://saharareporters.com/2022/07/07/ekweremadu-between-fatherhood-and-ambition-sunkanmi-vaughan

I recall having this conversation with my wife during the week when the case of Sen. Ike Ekweremadu came up and I was completely in an incandescent shock that this man actually has a sick daughter yet has been all over the place attending political meetings for his political ambition instead of taking time out from the highly demanding world of politics to sort out his daughter's pressing health needs.

He was all over the place during the PDP  primaries, he lost the PDP gubernatorial primaries for Enugu state then started planning to decamp to APGA, then APC , reportedly taken to APC national Chairman by HE Uzodinma, Imo state Governor, when APC stalwarts in Enugu APC, led by their state APC Chairman, Chief Ugochukwu Agballah, outrightly rejected him. 

He eventually lost and , unlike previous election cycles, Senator Ekweremadu is not returning to the Nigerian Senate.He lost on all the political fronts.

Sen. Ike Ekweremadu was all over the place so much that it appeared like he did not follow through on the health and lifestyle choices of his children.

He did not follow through on what I believe is more important than his political ambition; the life of his daughter and a family at the low ebb of the apprehension of losing a child  to kidney failure.

Ike Ekeremadu was so consumed by his political ambition that he had no time and seriousness to do due diligence and background check on the character they got him as a donor for his daughter , I doubt if with his PhD, he even had the time to follow through and read up to ask the right questions from the professionals,  understand the risks and benefits of why it could be better for one member of his family of six to donate to the daughter instead of a stranger and seek help to find out if there are some of the tests which can be done on the stranger here in Nigeria before bundling a total stranger overseas. 

He was so consumed by politics that when the 22-year old donor went rogue and was allegedly scheming behind him to deny his age and report Ike and family to UK police, it probably escaped his detection and intervention soon enough so he can be the first to report to UK police and then return the donor to Nigeria for him to immediately restart the process of getting alternative donor(s) for his ailing daughter whose life was more important to him.

He forgot that he was first a father and husband before becoming a Senator,Deputy Senate President and SSG. 

He forgot that he will finish as a father and husband.

I compared Senator Ekweremadu to Joe Biden and I believe that he could have followed the Biden example. Then in 2015 , US Vice President Biden had a dying son and had the opportunity to contest in his party's primaries to emerge against Trump for the US Presidency but Biden stepped down from that race in order to support his dying son.

At a point, Biden was to sell his family house before Barack Obama intervened and offered to pay for the treatment. Biden's boy made his Dad promise him that no matter what happens, Biden must not give up his life long ambition to be US President, Biden's boy, Beau Biden later died. Biden grieved without the guilt of abandoning his son for his political ambition.

In 2021, years after his son had passed on , Biden contested and won. There are many Nigerian politicians (and professionals) who will do like Biden but not like Ike.   

Family is so important that we even need the approval of a sick dying one before we place anything above their life

That is the lesson Ike missed and was almost about to lose from both ends as his wife who takes care of the daughter remains in prison until July 7 and now August 4.      

Last two Sundays ago was Father's Day , I really truly hope that fathers used that day to reflect and understand the real responsibility of fatherhood. It is the hardest job for a man but it gives the greatest reward if you do your best at it.

As a father , I have realized that it is not possible to outsource that role of a father and not pay heavy fines.  

May God heal that Ike Ekweremadu's daughter and may God help the Ike Ekweremadu family in this their difficult time. I know it is a difficult place for them. 

May God help all fathers to realise that "your child is your responsibility". 

That you pay all the bills and have a devoted and responsible wife/mother of your child won't still make up for your negligence. 

Your child is your responsibility and not even your ambition can replace what you will miss if you neglect your role in the life of your child. 

This a lesson to all fathers: Do not behave like Senator Ike Ekweremadu who was literally chasing rats around the house when his house was on fire.

May God help us all to succeed and may our children not develop kidney failure. May our labour of love and sacrifice be rewarded in our life time and when we are long gone, Amen.
Sunkanmi Vaughan is a Lagos-based Pharmacist and Author.

Meanwhile,here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! to download, read and use https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.
Oga you are just being unnecessarily judgemental. So because his daughter had kidney issues he should quit Hus political carrier. You're just bitter.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by djon78(m): 11:19pm On Jul 07, 2022
Idiotseverywher:
. How I know that you don't have sense is when you indirectly refused to answer a simple question, what is organ donor, you keep on making a fool of yourself calling sell of organ, that is why you people fail examples , did the case amount selling of organ , didn't you read the application for Visa, hmmmm bigots don't think NORMAL at all

Organ donor not your relative is highly suspect.

Come be a total stranger picked from the streets of third world Nigeria

A young man in his early 20s

And you are calling him just a donor

You think oyibo dey foolish to just believe anything

We will see how the story ends
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by waziri4biz: 11:19pm On Jul 07, 2022
victorv12:
"He was so consumed by politics that when the 22-year old donor went rogue and was allegedly scheming behind him to deny his age and report Ike and family to UK police, it probably escaped his detection and intervention soon enough so he can be the first to report to UK police and then return the donor to Nigeria for him to immediately restart the process of getting alternative donor(s) for his ailing daughter whose life was more important to him."

Who wrote this article? Why are they trying to paint the boy in a bad light? How did he know that the boy was scheming behind the Ekweremadus? That boy was offered a Greek gift that he knows nothing about. The person that wrote this article is insane. Why travel to the UK for an operation that can easily be carried out by our Doctors? There's something fishy about the entire case that the Ekweremadus are hiding. Thank God UK is not Nigeria.
No body is making the boy look bad the boy is terrible... He claimed he us a minor to the police and that doesn't bother you... You only wish the senator goes to jail without Justice. Poor people actually are the most wicked at heart.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Idiotseverywher: 11:53pm On Jul 07, 2022
djon78:

Organ donor not your relative is highly suspect.

Come be a total stranger picked from the streets of third world Nigeria

A young man in his early 20s

And you are calling him just a donor

You think oyibo dey foolish to just believe anything

We will see how the story ends
. You are making no sense at all, all these your parapara, argument, just ho through it , what do you really want to achieve assuming you are called upon to give lecture, students will laughing at you of giving a very coarse and bias lectures
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 1:33am On Jul 08, 2022
IbeOkehie:

Legally, a 21 year old is an adult able to make his own decisions and fully liable for any contravention of the law.

An Adult can’t sell his kidney. Don’t you get that part?
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 1:39am On Jul 08, 2022
waziri4biz:

No body is making the boy look bad the boy is terrible... He claimed he us a minor to the police and that doesn't bother you... You only wish the senator goes to jail without Justice. Poor people actually are the most wicked at heart.

These 5 people have healthy kidneys and should be a perfect match. One of them should donor their kidney while the criminal senator and his beautiful criminal organ harvesting wife go to jail.

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by waziri4biz: 7:17am On Jul 08, 2022
Nozino:

These 5 people have healthy kidneys and should be a perfect match. One of them should donor their kidney while the criminal senator and his beautiful criminal organ harvesting wife go to jail.
You are not being logical but very envious... You want them to go to jail because you hate them not because you believe they're innocent or wrong and as far as you're concerned they have to be guilty. You'll be worse if you ever come as close to power as this people.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 8:32am On Jul 08, 2022
waziri4biz:

You are not being logical but very envious... You want them to go to jail because you hate them not because you believe they're innocent or wrong and as far as you're concerned they have to be guilty. You'll be worse if you ever come as close to power as this people.

Are you done crying?

Channel this venom to the person who planned to exploit and illegally obtain a kidney from a minor.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by GEEBITE: 8:35am On Jul 08, 2022
Then organ harvesting is out of it and that the boy is unaware of the purpose of the visit will no longer hold.
The consular officer issuing the Visa has the responsibility to further raise queries and a physical interview of the lad would have taken place. The major reason why it got to this level is the boy claiming he is a minor.
The only charge that can stick is if the boy can show evidence that he was financially induced to donate. However his case will most likely crumble as it getting clearer his credibility is very doubtful based on his earlier claims that he is a minor and he was deceived that the purpose of the trp was job related. Let us stick to facts and discard emotion.
akintunde63:

If we want to go by the letter to the embassy, then the Ekweremadus wouldn't have been arrested in the first place.

The letter isn't enough proof that he knew the real plan
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 8:52am On Jul 08, 2022
GEEBITE:
Then organ harvesting is out of it and that the boy is unaware of the purpose of the visit will no longer hold.
The consular officer issuing the Visa has the responsibility to further raise queries and a physical interview of the lad would have taken place. The major reason why it got to this level is the boy claiming he is a minor.
The only charge that can stick is if the boy can show evidence that he was financially induced to donate. However his case will most likely crumble as it getting clearer his credibility is very doubtful based on his earlier claims that he is a minor and he was deceived that the purpose of the trp was job related. Let us stick to facts and discard emotion.

Lol grin grin grin
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by waziri4biz: 10:01am On Jul 08, 2022
Nozino:

Are you done crying?

Channel this venom to the person who planned to exploit and illegally obtain a kidney from a minor.
You have chosen to remain blinded by your bitterness..

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Rocks Celebrant At A Birthday Party (Photo) / Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency / Fire Engulfs Sunday Igboho's Old House In Soka, Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.