Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,480 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria (81062 Views)

Shell Graduate Program 2022- Apply / Shell Graduate Internship Online Test Invitation / Ecobank Nigeria Intensive Graduate Program 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 27, 2022
LilyOg:

Comrade don vex, abeg calm down my fellow comrade, that is social media for you. grin

Na boy him be, just making countless assumptions.

He feels some word from a nobody on a faceless go trigger me, make him rest.

We are all waiting for a success or reject email, e no far pass that like; every other thing is unnecessary for now.
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Polchiz(m): 9:06pm On Jul 27, 2022
ralphelo:

@ Nigeria government own 55% equity of the business. Others ,Shell ,agip,mobil...co -share the rest equity.
You can use Google to confirm.
Open your mind to learnings and information bros.
Bro I work in a multinational and in my set, no single Northerner was recruited.

4 Igbos, 2 Edo, 2 Yoruba and 1 South South.
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 27, 2022
Polchiz:

Bro I work in a multinational and in my set, no single Northerner was recruited.

How many shares or equity did Nigeria government has in your company?
Shell business in Nigeria is a joint venture business or production sharing.
Nigeria government owned large equity of 55% .
They approved and regulate virtually all parts of the business.
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by LilyOg: 9:16pm On Jul 27, 2022
We dey wait for ODVI una just dey argue up and down!! Why?? cry

3 Likes

Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Polchiz(m): 9:17pm On Jul 27, 2022
ralphelo:

How many shares or equity did Nigeria government has in your company?
Shell business in Nigeria is a joint venture business or production sharing.
Nigeria government owned large equity of 55% .
They approved and regulate virtually all parts of the business.
You have to verify this claim. The Dutch owns shell.
If your claim is right, then shell ceases to be a private organisation.
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 27, 2022
Polchiz:

There so many successful northerners in shell graduate programs of the past years.
I am currently in shell and in fact i have many of them as friends male and female.
Shell will recruit 47 to 50% female and 50 % male in this program this year,for gender equality.
So its not only academic competency.
There are other things to balance.
That's why it's complicated.

1 Like

Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 27, 2022
Polchiz:

You have to verify this claim. The Dutch owns shell.
If your claim is right, then shell ceases to be a private organisation.

Shell Nigeria is what i meant.
Please try and verify.
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Polchiz(m): 9:22pm On Jul 27, 2022
ralphelo:

There so many successful northerners in shell graduate programs of the past years.
I am currently in shell and in fact i have many of them as friends male and female.
Shell will recruit 47 to 50% female and 50 % male in this program this year,for gender equality.
I don't know much but I doubt if quota system will be considered.
The Northerners recruited got it on merit.

Some Northerners are very intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Northernblood8(m): 9:29pm On Jul 27, 2022
ralphelo:

I think people arguing already has a good paying job. Na person Wey belle full the talk.

But, i have learnt something Sha
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by dejavuh0007(m): 9:30pm On Jul 27, 2022
ralphelo:

Do u currently work at Shell?
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 27, 2022
Polchiz:

I don't know much but I doubt if quota system will be considered.
The Northerners recruited got it on merit.

Some Northerners are very intelligent.

Yes i agreed,they also meet up the requirements.
Fot instance,if 5 southerners score 80% and 5 northerners scored 75%
And that department needs 5 candidates, they cannot just take all the southerners they must balance it.
All of them are qualified. And gender equality must be balanced.
That's why brilliant candidates sometimes don't make it. Its extremely competitive.
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 27, 2022
dejavuh0007:

Do u currently work at Shell?

As Contract staff.
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Storyhotspot: 9:35pm On Jul 27, 2022
Walahi, you no well grin grin grin grin

Idrismusty97:
They didn't serve anybody love letter today that's why you all have energy to be arguing nau. Tomorrow is another day grin.

3 Likes

Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Polchiz(m): 9:36pm On Jul 27, 2022
ralphelo:

Yes i agreed,they also meet up the requirements.
Fot instance,if 5 southerners score 80% and 5 northerners scored 75%
And that department needs 5 candidates, they cannot just take all the southerners they must balance it.
All of them are qualified. And gender equality must be balanced.
That's why brilliant candidates sometimes don't make it. Its extremely competitive.
In Shell?

Okay o!

Here is 100% merit even if all of them come from the same village.
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Polchiz(m): 9:38pm On Jul 27, 2022
ralphelo:

As Contract staff.

How many do you think they will recruit?
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 27, 2022
Polchiz:

How many do you think they will recruit?

To be honest with you,i dont know for now. You know why? Shell is divesting most of their assets in shallow water, swamp and land locations because of oil theft. They are selling to local upstream oil companies.
Automatically that tells you they will minimize new intake recruitment.
But deep water investments are in the pipelines.

1 Like

Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by dejavuh0007(m): 9:43pm On Jul 27, 2022
ralphelo:

As Contract staff.
U applied for GT programme too?
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2022
Polchiz:

In Shell?

Okay o!

Very funny!�
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 27, 2022
dejavuh0007:

U applied for GT programme too?

Yes, the gap inbetween Contract staff and staff is too wide and not comparable.
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Polchiz(m): 9:48pm On Jul 27, 2022
ralphelo:

Very funny!�

Even if you get in by nepotism, you will most likely resign in few weeks.

It is a fast paced environment, profit-oriented and no stories.
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 27, 2022
Polchiz:

In Shell?

Okay o!

To further clarify, if they cannot find anyone that meet up from the quota it can happen.pls try to understand me.
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Polchiz(m): 9:51pm On Jul 27, 2022
ralphelo:

To further clarify, if they cannot find anyone that meet up from the quota it can happen.pls try to understand me.

I understand.
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by ExpertNLer: 9:51pm On Jul 27, 2022
that is not even the Nigeria post. The Nigeria one has closed over a week ago
LilyOg:

Okay, I just checked this, first of all, the application is in Netherlands. I believe when you were applying you were asked if you had authorization to work in the country where the job is located or if you needed visa sponsorship to enable you work. On their site, I think I saw where they wrote apply to places where you have work authorization, that should be the basic reason you were screened out by the ATS.
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
Polchiz:

Even if you get in by nepotism, you will most likely resign in few weeks.

It is a fast paced environment, profit-oriented and no stories.

There is zero nepotism.
Guy, in an applications thats is more than 100k,with many Nigerians with excellent overseas and local certificates, first class with masters around the world,you think qualifications is still problem?
Our guys are applying all over the world. From ivory universities.
To fill 50 to 100 slots is not a matter of academic qualifications alone or how competent you are sir. Competencies are plenty.Other criteria follows.

4 Likes

Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by dejavuh0007(m): 9:56pm On Jul 27, 2022
ralphelo:

Yes, the gap inbetween Contract staff and staff is too wide and not comparable.
It should be easier for u to get in, considering u already know d inner workings.
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by ExpertNLer: 9:59pm On Jul 27, 2022
He's correct with balancing things like gender and federal character. For anything that has to do with the NNPC - including the Nigerian operating companies of Multinational companies, Federal character must be considered. It is the law in the oil and gas industry. That is not to say that's the first thing they will consider. The first thing they will consider is merit. Before they now ensure that it is balanced over gender and regions. Mind you while Shell is Dutch owned, the nigerian operating company is registered as Shell Nigeria Exploration & Production Company (SNEPCo) and Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC).

If you check that advert, you will see the the logo of NNPC at the bottom of the page, saying Shell is the operator of the NNPC/AGIP/Shell JV. If you have access to all newspaper adverts of any oil and gas company that is an operator - you will also see it there. The poster is 100% correct when it comes to what they are balancing.

If you recall the recent Total E&P Nigeria application, They also asked for state of origin in the application because of that reason.

3 Likes

Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Polchiz(m): 10:00pm On Jul 27, 2022
ralphelo:

There is zero nepotism.
Guy, in an applications thats is more than 100k,with many Nigerians with excellent overseas and local certificates, first class with masters around the world,you think qualifications is still problem?
Our guys are applying all over the world. From ivory universities.
To fill 50 to 100 slots is not a matter of academic qualifications alone or how competent you are sir. Competencies are plenty.Other criteria follows.
Competence here means your performance in test and interview, your CV, knowledge, achievements and skills and not just educational qualifications.

1 Like

Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 27, 2022
dejavuh0007:

It should be easier for u to get in, considering u already know d inner workings.
Never....its done in Netherland.
You only finally meet with local Hr guys and managers if you passed and scaled all the stages.

1 Like

Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by dejavuh0007(m): 10:04pm On Jul 27, 2022
ExpertNLer:
He's correct with balancing things like gender and federal character. For anything that has to do with the NNPC - including the Nigerian operating companies of Multinational companies, Federal character must be considered. It is the law in the oil and gas industry. That is not to say that's the first thing they will consider. The first thing they will consider is merit. Before they now ensure that it is balanced over gender and regions. Mind you while Shell is Dutch owned, the nigerian operating company is registered as Shell Nigeria Exploration & Production Company (SNEPCo) and Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC).

If you check that advert, you will see the the logo of NNPC at the bottom of the page, saying Shell is the operator of the NNPC/AGIP/Shell JV. If you have access to all newspaper adverts of any oil and gas company that is an operator - you will also see it there. The poster is 100% correct when it comes to what they are balancing.

If you recall the recent Total E&P Nigeria application, They also asked for state of origin in the application because of that reason.

I can't remember if we were asked for our state of origin during d Shell application.
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 27, 2022
Polchiz:

Competence here means your performance in test and interview, your CV, knowledge, achievements and skills and not just educational qualifications.

Yes.
Then other criteria like gender,quota system, medical are still there for you to scale.
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by Polchiz(m): 10:05pm On Jul 27, 2022
ExpertNLer:

I am just learning and comparing with what is obtainable where I work.

It is well. We will continue to pray that any criteria used will favour us.
Re: Shell Graduate Program 2022 - Nigeria by dejavuh0007(m): 10:06pm On Jul 27, 2022
ralphelo:

Never....its done in Netherland.
You only finally meet with local Hr guys and managers if you passed and scaled all the stages.
So, u mean d recruitment is being handled all d way from The Netherlands?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply)

WAEC: Invitation For Aptitude Test Roll In / Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 / NBC Management Trainee 2017 DragnetNG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.